October 31, 2014 | 1071 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by candycane08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation but im not in love with it. Im a nc 35-37 and I wear a 220-230 in this, it doesnt have the best coverage but it still looks nice, its more of a tinted moisturizer, it doesnt last all day so I wear this when Im not doing anything major, you cant wear this out to a night club. I would buy it again tho

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bree123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product because I needed a switch from my powdered-foundation that wasn't working well with my dry skin. When I first applied it I was impressed with how well the color matched my skin tone and I liked the dewy finish. Coverage wise I'd say it delivers as it advertises, light to medium, which is enough for me. However, now that summer is here and I've moved to a more humid climate... I am in dire need of a replacement. During the day it feels heavy on my skin and I wash my face almost immediately when I get home to take it off. I set it with the matching powder but it's still causing me to become very oily throughout the day and I'm searching for something new.

Overall I'd say it's a decent foundation for the winter and the price can't be beat. The bottle looks pretty but isn't functional (I've dropped it several times and the corners are all chipped) and there is no pump which is unfortunate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I have to echo what everyone else has said - this foundation is only for very dry-skinned people! I have combination skin, and I was an oil slick in just a few hours, even after setting it with my trusty dream matte powder. It's unfortunate, because they have a pretty good color range (I found a near perfect match in 115) and right after applying, the foundation looks amazing - not matte, but not too dewy - and it gives a natrual, light-to-medium coverage, which I prefer. The glass packaging looks classy and modern, but there's no pump. It's somewhat pricey for a drugstore foundation (~$12) as well. Overall, just not a very versatile product. It might only work for those with truly dry skin, but even then, I'm not so sure. Only buy/try this if the store has a good return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by honey12

This was my first foundation. It broke me out after 2 days of use and make my skin get red and small bumps. Also, it does not cover well at all and has a bad smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Marie314

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time i applied this foundation I was excited because it looked amazing. It left my skin with a light dewy finish. After about a half hour of wearing it around my house i looked in a mirror and it had completely worn away. The staying power is horrible. Definitely not a long wearing foundation. It also has no coverage whatsoever. I wouldn't suggest this foundation to anyone. It was a waist of seven bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by roscoemydog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love to tan & bought this in 315 shade. the color match is perfect. my skin is acne prone & this doesn't make it worse. had that problem with cover girl & revlon foundations. my mom uses the fit me in a different color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Angela2023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start with what I like about this foundation. The color match is perfect, I love colorstay but could never find my perfect match. I have very clear skin so I really don't need heavy coverage just something to kind of even out my skin tone and this does the job perfectly.

Now what I don't like. I think this is a scam to make us buy the entire product line. It never sets! I don't have oily skin by any stretch of the imagination, but as soon as I put this on my skin feels tacky until I set it with powder (which is so convenient because of their # system). If i don't set it this stuff slides off my face in an hour. And it is soooo sheer that it does nothing to cover my dark circles which means I must use a good concealer to look half alive.

So for the price I guess its ok, not amazingly, but it gets the job done with a little help.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by llmdrll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely a dry skin foundation. I tried to make it bearable for myself, but it always left me looking extremely oily after the day was done. I handed it off to my sister, who has dry skin, and she seems to like it. The coverage is good to even your skin tone, but not hiding blemishes or deep hyper pigmentation. The formula is really thin and runny. Not the worst because of the variety of shades. The lightest actually matched my skin tone enough that I wouldn't have to blend it down my neck, like I have to with most foundations. Still, the staying power and coverage isn't ideal for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by amwong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's start off by clarifying things - this is a SHEER foundation that leaves a DEWY finish. It is not suitable for oily skins. It is not suitable for people who want more coverage.

I wear Mac NC20-30 (depending on the season) and I purchased the Fit 210. It matches fine but you really have to put several layers on just to even see anything. Therefore, for those who just want a little bit of color to even out their skin tone, you might want to try this.

I put this on at 8 am this morning and it is now 2:30 pm. I have an oily T zone with normal cheeks and already blotted once today. After literally just returning from the bathroom, I can tell you that this made my forehead and nose look like an oil slick :(

The pour-out style is not my favorite but that is just a minor gripe. Otherwise, the packaging is quite nice and streamlined. It was about Cdn $9 with a relatively large range of shades but given my skin type I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shocked that Maybelline has come out with something so excellent. Someone on one of the boards rec'd this to me because I love MUFE F&B so for $8 on sale I thought I'd give it a whirl. Slightly more coverage than F&B, and you can definitely feel the oil in this, although it's not overly creamy. I would compare this more close to Chanel Vitalumiere than MUFE F&B, or maybe somewhere right in between, with Vitalumiere being a little creamier.

On a hot day I found this a little too slippery on my normal skin. I plan to save this and use it in the winter when my skin is a little dryer.

The quality and consistency and wear are top notch for a normal/combo/slightly dry skin. I am appropriately impressed.

Update: it is now winter-ish, my skin is feeling a little dryer and this is the perfect "fit". Hyuk hyuk. My skin looked amaze yesterday, all day. However, I do have to powder several times a day for the deweyness.