Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 9/15/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

Color me impressed! Fit Me is a dewy foundation that is great for dryer skins. What I love about this is that it makes your skin look like SKIN, not makeup. It has light to medium coverage, meaning it can be sheered out but easily built up in layers. It has a pretty impressive range of colors, and seems to blend in and match your skin tone easily, probably because it has such light coverage. The range carries both warm and cool tones, and the online shade finder on the Maybelline website is really helpful for finding the right shade. I was using 315 until I checked the shade finder and learned that 315 was cool and 310 was warm, like my own skin. 315 fit okay, but 310 was perfect!

Some users have complained about oxidation. However, what's happening isn't oxidation; it's the dry down. If you google "Fit Me oxidation" you can see the results of a blogger's tests where she found that Fit Me does *not* oxidize - but it may dry down darker and oranger than you'd like. For this reason, make sure you choose a shade that is slightly lighter and perhaps warmer than your actual skin, rather than a shade that is darker.

I think this is a great alternative to more expensive foundations which also attempt to mimic a dewy, real-skin finish.

on 9/15/2011 5:33:00 AM

My skin is changing over the years (sigh sigh) and make up that used to work looks cakey. I took the opportunity visiting the USA to check out make up products. Yes you lucky ladies there pay half of what we Aussies do. Tried diff Mac products(told I'm nw25), clinique ; bare essentials; bobbi brown and Sephora. And the drug stores. Because of my freckels it's hard to find a match that looks natural and even.

Fit Me...well... fits me! With the help of the SA at CVS I found that 210 is the best. Tried it on 1/2 my face and compared it will dept store brands. For me this outshone them. Better still CVS was having 40% off Maybelline. I use it on top of BE prime time and powder with Fit Me 210 . I finish this off with Mac blush (in Blush Baby) Using eco tools and/or Essential Beauty brushes.

Update: Ok, after using this for several months and now in hotter weather (Summer here in Australia) I find that this make up slips off too easily. I have very dry skin and even so this is not showing any staying power. I just have to wipe my face or splash a little water on it and off it comes. It also oxidised orange Will not be buying again- see new rating. Oh well back to the search for the HG!

on 9/14/2011 11:56:00 PM

Absolutely Terrible! Made me break out extremely bad... I tried it for about a week and started to break out I figured it was stress, but stopped using it and it immediately went away. DO NOT recommend to anybody. I have dry skin and it made my face oily and very cakey looking. It does not stay on at all! I would put it on and two hours later it would already be off. Don't waste your money on this product!

on 9/12/2011 10:40:00 PM

I have purchased Fit me foundation and powder twice. Im starting to rethink my choice though. One thing that keeps me coming back I think is the color. it fits my skin tone great (hence the name probably) but the coverage is a problem for me. it does not mattify nor cover up my acne marks. If I apply the foundation in the morning before school (roughly around 7am) the foundation has worn off already by 11am. BAD. NOT HAPPY. I apply my foundation with a sponge and set with the Fit Me powder. If you're looking for very natural coverage and a matching skin tone then this is great for you, but, if you are like me and need medium buildable coverage in problem areas like my cheeks this is not for you. this also does not minimize redness and it goes on matte but after 15 minutes it gives off an oily Saran wrap type of look to it. I don't have many complaints about the powder except for the chalky type of texture it gives. Hope my review helps! I think I am going to try out a mouse foundation next.

on 9/12/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I hate the consistency of this product. Although I liked the color, the foundation was super watery. It offered minimal coverage, and made my face feel and look very greasy, even with power on. I def. won't be purchasing this again, but to each her own = ]

My skin is a lil oily to begin with in the products defense.

on 9/11/2011 6:39:00 PM

I'm super pale, so finding a matching foundation is always a bit of a trick. 115 was pretty close, I'll give it that, but I still ended up using a bit of bronzer on my neck and chest most days to make everything match a little better. The coverage was decent, but I did NOT like how it looked when finished. Funny because most people on MA complain about it's greasiness, but it left me looking dry and cakey. I tried every combination of primers and finishers I had to make it look decent, but never really succeeded. I bought this because it was cheap at $6, but I got what I paid for. If I'm going to do drugstore foundation, I'll stick with Covergirl Naturluxe!

on 9/11/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pros:
- 220 is a nice match for my NC30 skin
- price is great for those on a budget
- light coverage (enough to cover slight redness around the occasional blemish/even out my skin)
- easy to apply (i actually like using my fingers and then using a brush to buff it out)
- dewy finish
Cons:
- the consistency feels a bit oily when I first apply it, but that goes away once i buff it out
- no pump, but that doesn't really bother me too much

Overall, i really like this. I hardly ever wear foundation, but I actually find myself reaching for this 4-5x a week because I like how natural it looks and how easy it is to apply. My post-accutane skin looks fine without foundation, but this helps it look flawless...and in under 30 seconds! Since my skin is combo, I've given up on foundation for 'oily skin' because the ones i've used have had too much coverage and look so unnatural, especially on my dry parts which don't need all the extra oil control. I like that this is dewy/has a bit of moisture. I almost embrace some of the oilies and will just pat some powder on the oily parts in the morning and use a boscia blotting linen during the day if it gets really bad

on 9/9/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Only grabbed this since it was on sale for 6.99 which is so cheap for a foundation these days.
I figured I'd try the lightest color and it matched alright, but not perfectly.
Coverage was light, even after layering it did not cover blemishes or scars.
The finish was nice and natural looking, but at the end of the day I looked so greasy it was disgusting. I set it with powder and it still did this, I don't even have oily skin!
It just turns my face into a grease monster. It also clogged my pores after using for 2 days.
Took it back. Maybelline foundations never work for me, and this will be the last time I ever try one from them.
Sticking to Revlon colorstay!

on 9/8/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Break outs after one day! Stopped using it...my skin was fine, then gave it another trial......break outs again! Sensitive skin BEWARE.

on 9/8/2011 7:34:00 PM

I love this foundation! Initially I was worried that it would be no more than a tinted foundation but for me its perfect. I dont have great skin, its ok, although I have some red marks and uneven skin tone. I apply this with the hourglass foundation brush and its amazing.I dont even need to use a powder over the top. It wears all day without a touch up, and doesnt make my skin look dry at all (which is usually the case). It gives a nice dewy glow and I love the matching concealer. I have changed from chanel foundations to this and my wallet could not be happier! Highly recommended.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu