August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Viollette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible! I always see my friend wearing this foundation and it looks terrible on her! She has oily skin and this foundation just highlights that oiliness. I am gong to take her out shopping. The best foundation I have (And I probably used 15 if not more) Is shiseido dual balance foundation. The colour does not match and her foundation smudges always end up on my iphone after she is done talking on it. I am taking her foundation shopping!

Do not buy if you have oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Rissy811

This is the only foundation i have ever bought. My face has a huge tendency to break out when i put any product on it so i usually just wear eye make up. I bought this for prom to help hide my birth mark and minimize my pores. When i went to look for a foundation to match my skin color and tone, Maybelline Fit me was the only foundation that had a shade that perfectly matched my pastey pale skin. 110 was the shade that fit me best. I only bought it for use at prom. I tested it out for a couple of days. It minimized my pores, hid my birth mark, and made my semi-dark circles dissapear. For $7 at walmart best investment i have ever made. My face doesn't break out, it looks more natural than my own skin, and feel as if it isn't there. So now since prom is over and this is a great product it is an addition to my make up routine on my days off of work.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lattevaniglia

I bought this after trying it on at Wal-Mart for $7.99. I don't normally use foundation because of a previous bad experience (I used Annabelle and it made me break out), but prom was coming up and I needed my face to be camera-ready.

My shade is 315 Soft Honey and true to its name, Fit Me does blend in really well with my skin. I find that my pores look reduced and my face looks slightly dewy. The best thing about it is that it doesn't look cakey -- I think this is what a foundation should be.

I have a little problem with the packaging though (hence the 3) because it's hard to get the right amount of foundation without spilling out too much. On the day of prom I was in a hurry and accidentally knocked the bottle off the counter in my friend's washroom, and a good 1/8 of foundation went down the drain. And I had to clean up the whole mess! However, as I already mentioned, nothing beats the content of the bottle -- it probably isn't as good as the more expensive brands, but it doesn't give me nightmares.

EDIT: I hardly use foundation anymore; I found that this one causes my already oily skin to be oilier! And I think it also makes me break out. I just use concealer on blemishes for my everyday look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first drugstore foundation I have used and I have enjoyed it mostly. I got a good color match for my skintone (NARS sheer glow barcelona, NC 35/37 = SHADE 231 ime). I found it to be a really good alternative to expensive foundations, however, now that the weather has been getting warmer, I feel like it slides off/or just sits on top of my skin and looks shiny. In the winter/early spring, it gave me the near identical look of NARS sheerglow, which on me is glowy natural looking skin. I think this a good product to return to in the winter and $6.99 (cnd @walmart) is definitely better than the $50 + I often spend on foundations. I set this with LM translucent or NYC translucent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by BreezyXC60

I like this foundation a lot. It really reduces the pores on my cheeks and leave a nice youthful natural look. I have tried almost every foundation, from Colorstay, Mac, Doir, HD and almost every drugstore one out there and is so far my favorite. It covers well and feels wonderful. Only downfall so fall is the lack of a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by LJorg

I really wanted to like this, but it didn't work at all with my oily skin, and was far too yellow for me!
It blended nicely, but didn't stay on, and looked kind of shiny and greasy :-\ Might be great for someone with dry or normal skin with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by AmbieLuv21

I brought this because I wanted to see if I would like/know how to use foundation to give myself a finished look. After looking at some review I decided to try. It was reasonably priced at $6.49 but if you check you local Rite Aid they do have the Maybelline products for 40 to 50% off with the wellness plus card. After play with it a few times and know how much I should use its great...but ts starting to get hot so I'm going to try a setting powder on top. Overall this is a great product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chiqui24

so i bought this last thursday and i was so excited to use it, the looks of the model in the magazine is amazing and ive seen some reviews at youtube and so far its alright. (i was using revlon colorstay for the past 2months by the way, and i love it), anyhow, so i bought this, along with the concealer and powder.. (i dont usually use a concealer because the revlon colorstay can hide all my acne scars). i was very excited to use it the next day for work. i am living in the caribbean are ARUBA specifically, and it is very sunny and warm here so i don't think that this foundation for a very hot and sunny weather. the reviews are right it makes you oily, so if you have an oily skin and have some acne like me, it is not good for you. it worsen my acne.. and after a few hours my face became so oily and it showed all of my acne .. so it made my face like a volcano waiting to erupt.. (it is horrible!!!) im a waitress and i face people all the time and its embarrassing to talk with guests knowing that your face is very oily and your acnes are showing off.. its really disgusting. so i used it for 3days, first day was alright, 2nd day was just worst! and i told myself, i'll give it a try one more time.. and the 3rd day was a nightmare!!! so i went back to my revlon colorstay and everything went alright. now my boss was able to talk to me and look at me in my face.. so, i don't think i will buy this again, and i don't recommend this to people with oily skin and are living in a caribbean part and or not working over airconditioned place. if you have a dry and acne free plus no pores skin, then maybe it is perfect for you. as for me.. absolutely no! plus, i still have to buy an extra concealer which doesn't really conceal everything that you wanted to conceal. you pay extra for everything.

1.foundation
2.concealer
3.powder

so it made me pay more.. while with revlon colorstay, i only have to buy that.. and just a powder and im all set.

im using revlon colorstay for oily skin and a clinique translucent powder which makes my face presentable on my job on a hot and sunny island. i work on the beach area by the way so that makes it very difficult to find a good make up for skin.

this is my first review i hope i did well. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I think everyone who doesn't like this foundation has tried to make it something that is not.It never stated to be for oily skin,or to cover all imperfections.I for one like to make my everyday make up very natural,and would recommended this to anyone else who likes a natural face.It does exactly what it says,blends seamlessly,matches skin tone,and gives a natural glow.That being said,i like this foundation and it probably while become my go to foundation.For you other ladies who like wearing masks would be better off with something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I may have passed on this if I had checked MUA first, so I'm glad I didn't! Usually, though, you guys are great!

Pros:
Normally, I don't care much for how a product is packaged in terms of looks--it's in my bathroom, and no one but me and my husband will see it. I love the way this bottle looks. It's simple, pared-down shape is aesthetically pleasing to me on my counter. Could it be more user friendly? Sure--it could have a pump and be in a non-glass container, but I'm willing to forgive it because it looks great. Sometimes looks do trump utility.

I always set my foundation with powder, so I don't require a foundation to stand alone. The very first time I used this foundation, I was outside for four hours in Houston, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in May, waiting for the Art Car Parade to start (we have an art car, so we had to be there that early). I knew I was risking it, but if it could hold on for that, it was good for pretty much anything Houston's climate could throw at it. As expected, there was some rub off on the nosepieces of my sunglasses, but other than that it stayed on.

It's a light to medium coverage, which I like for everyday. Right now my rosacea is no problem, although it always makes me look finished without looking "made-up". I have rosacea and this tones it down enough so that it's a nice natural glow on my cheeks. Oh, and it hasn't made my rosacea flare up, either.

It only cost 5.99 at my supermarket, granted, it was on sale, but still half of what a basic L'Oreal foundation would cost.

SPF of 18.

Fragrance is nice and light--like a moisturizer--but may turn some people off.

Cons:
I purchased it the morning of the parade on a whim--my other foundations were starting to look too pale. I got 130, which I can blend in, but it isn't perfect. If you are interested in trying this, go to a CVS or Walgreens that has all of the shades, not an edited selection like my supermarket. I think that 125 would be ideal (and I've seen it at CVS), and my market was out of 120, so I did the best I could in a pinch.