January 31, 2015 | 2031 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try this because I normally go for full-coverage foundations, but I actually really like this!
I wear the shade 120 which is an okay color match, but since it's so sheer it's not obviously wrong. I have some acne scars and spots so wearing this alone is not enough. I first use a primer, then Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer, then this foundation (applied with my fingers). It smooths everything out and leaves a nice finish. I set it with a little pressed powder because of my oily skin but overall it doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup, which I've never experienced before.
Obviously this isn't going to cover everything (even with my concealer/powder adjustments), but I like wearing it on "good skin days" or when I don't feel like doing all the brush-work required for full-coverage foundation. The only things I don't like are the packaging (it's very pretty but messy) and the lasting power. It's not marketed as long-lasting but I think this would do better in the colder season since I have oily skin and I sweat in the summer.
I combined manufacturer and store coupons and got this for about $3.50, but the full price is not bad at all. I'd definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by wickedsteele

I use shade 110 (porcelain), which is the lightest shade they carry. I have a very difficult time finding good foundation, because I'm very, very pale but also have acne scarring. It's hard to find good coverage without the color being too dark (and most paler shades offer no coverage at all). The only comparable foundation I've found for me is Exuviance in Bisque, but that's over $30. This works quite well for what I need. It goes on well and with the right blush and loose powder, gives me a lovely dewy complexion. The coverage is pretty good, covering most of my acne scarring (both red spots & craters). The newer the spot, though, the more it shows. It's not going to cover the newer, redder spots without some help from concealer (I use blue since there aren't any concealers light enough).

I would definitely recommend this foundation, especially to those who are paler and have a hard time finding something that blends in with their skin but also offers coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Stargirl144

I like this foundation. Honestly, I am SUPER hesitant about liquid foundations, because I hate anything that makes you look cakey. But this I found to look natural with a little bit of a dewy finish, which I like :) It gives me the coverage that I need and it's easy to apply. The only downside is the packaging--yes, it looks sleek and modern and whatever else you want to call it, but it's just not efficient. I tend to make a mess. But hey, if that's what it takes to use this foundation, I'm all for it. $6 GOOD foundation? Sign me up!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by rookiemk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

They are tons and tons of reviews on this foundation;however, I wanted to put my two cents any. I could see this foundation working on the following:

Those with small pores, no or little blemishes and dry skin

Mature women

This is a dewy foundation that offers little to no coverage. If you have oily or even combination skin, looking for full coverage or PREFER a matte finish, I suggest you do not buy this foundation. When I see a product advertised as a natural foundation, I would think most people would have enough of common sense to understand it is not a full coverage foundation. To put simply, it isn't designed to be a full coverage foundation. Personally, I like this foundation. It provides enough of coverage just to even out my skin tone. The only gripe I have about this foundation is that it doesn't last throughout the day, hence ,one lipstick taken off. Would I purchase this foundation again? Yes, I think I would but this would be fall/winter foundation where my skin is a little drier. .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is great... if you have great skin. The coverage is only so-so, and I think this foundation is really meant to only enhance what you've already got, not provide coverage for problem areas. So if you've got great skin, great. This foundation will make you look even better. If you've got acne prone skin with bumps and blotches? This foundation will probably only enhance that. So not the best for those folks (myself included). It's also got a pretty high sheen to it after you apply it, so you have to have some powder ready. The price is great, but I guess you could say you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by indiekisses

I usually use shiseido or l'oreal true match as my foundation (depending on my budget), but I figured I would give this one a try: if you have combination skin, this foundation will be absolutely awful for you. the dewy look looks good on some people, but I can't stand it on myself, and instead of looking that way-my face didn't take in the foundation at all and it was very oily, I felt so gross from wearing it. I rarely breakout and get acne, but this foundation messed up my face after a few days. plus I think the shades look too orange-y, not a good look...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC40-42 and was told 310 would be a good match. It looks very yellow toned in the bottle which is what I need but strangely, it's very beige toned once applied. It also gives me somewhat of a ghost face from far away. Most of the darker shades are way too orange looking for me. I have decent skin that just needs to be evened out but this has no coverage whatsoever. It gives a very dewy type of finish which is nice for my dry skin buttnever sets. I have tried it with various primers and powders and it's just always tacky and remember that I have dry skin. It is nothing like NARS Sheer Glow! LOL It is laughable that people are even making that comparison. I was hoping I finally found a cheap foundation that I like but it's too good to be true.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by sixtyfive

didn't like this foundation after a few hours of wear my face started to get oily and it has barely any coverage. it also made me break out

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by lifeintechnicolorii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! Paired with the Fit Me pressed powder, my skin looks wonderful. At first I was worried about the product blending with my skin and feeling to heavy (I have very fair skin, so I chose the lightest shade available to me - 115). However, with some blending, it looks really natural! The price is reasonable and there's no need to order online, just drive to your local drugstore. I will definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by toxbox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the best liquid foundation I've ever used! Makes my skin absolutely glow! Looks great on, my skin looks perfect without looking like I'm obviously wearing a lot of makeup. Also, it makes my face feel really soft. Definitely a re-buy!