August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2003 7:44:00 AM More reviews by violinistgirl

Hooray! My skin mauled by years of Tazorac and benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid is beaming after just days of using this moisturizer! Superduperlight-mattifying-fancy-pants formulas for my oily t-zone and acne just weren't enough for my dry flaky medicated areas. With a heavier moisturizer, I only ended up with more oil and more zits and more chaos.
Like others MUAers, I'm absolutely impressed this product doesn't cause breakouts or lead to a slick, greasy, shiny face. What I have now is softer, smoother, calmer skin. Finally something with which I am HAPPY. Wonderful! You must give this a try!!!! --one suggestion: avoid the eyelids when moisturizing--my (Stila) eyeshadow that usually stays on well creased within a few hours due to the oil, even after a preparation and finish with translucent powder--

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2003 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lisadoc

After reading all these wonderful reviews on how great this product is. I got convinced and went out and bought it (Sun Harvest) 7.99
for a small bottle. Not Bad! I've only used it for 2 nites now.... So far my skin is soft as a baby's bottom and I haven't worn that much makeup lately. So I would say it's working and fast. It's also great for dry hair! I will be repurchasing. You should Give this a try!**UPDATE** It has been a little over two weeks since using this product and I must say I bought this because I didnt have much $$ for my regular HG moisturizer. And man, I am so impressed with this stuff!! I have had NO breakouts my skin is so soft and even makes my makeup look clean. I use this for my hair, makeup primer, moistuizer, and on those dry patches on my skin. This is such a WONDERFUL product that i even went out and bought sweet almond oil and add a drop or two to this oil. Good results! I dont think I can live without this stuff --- i highly recommend! I took off one lippie because the packaging sux! So i use a small bottle with a dropper. way better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 8:03:00 AM More reviews by slinky501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product after reading other reviews on here (I'd never heard of it before), for use on my oily/combination/spot-prone skin that had been going through a bad patch and just wouldn't seem to calm down and clear-up. Well, I've only been using it as a night time moisturiser for less than a week but already I've seen a HUGE improvement in my skin- in the morning when I get up it looks clear, smooth and supple. I haven't had any new spots or breakouts since I've been using it and the old ones are beginning to fade. My pores are no longer blocked and as a result look smaller. I also gave up smoking a couple of weeks ago, which I'm sure has helped as well, but I'm sure that I noticed a real difference when I changed to this product. It's cheap, it's not gimmiky, and is 100% natural with no chemicals or other crap that might stress your skin out- I would definitely recommend it. The only downside is the bottle, which is a bit silly, but even that doesn't pose any massive problems if I'm careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2003 10:02:00 PM More reviews by momerath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another one I read about on the boards and in Productville. This one lives up to all the hype. It's a great moisturizer for my oily/sensitive skin. It doesn't leave my face oily and it's great to use under makeup or alone. Seems counterintuitive to use oil on oily skin, but this doesn't clog my pores or make me break out. It makes my skin produce less oil. It's cheap too. The bottle sucks, so I'm buying a new one with an eyedropper. Otherwise I am completely happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2003 10:03:00 AM More reviews by pixash

I have oily to combination skin, and this has not made me more oily. Instead, my makeup stays on so much more better and longer, and it helps in my dry areas(esp when its dry due to acne treatment creams). Im still waiting to see if it is going to cause any zits on my face. I have breakouts, but I already had them before I used jojoba oil. Overall, it seems to last a long time, and I think its a good natural replace for synthetic and much more costly moisturiser!
UPDATE=Using this regularly and this has aggravated my breakouts and im not sure if its caused by this or my new cleanser, but I suspect this is the culprit! what a pity...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2003 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Kathyq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews of other MUA members. I went to my local natural food store and purchased same. I have the pregnancy mask and have been using products prescribed by my dermatologist which have dried out my skin. I now mix a few drops of the Jojoba Oil in with my broad sprectrum sunscreen and use it on my face as a moisturizer. I then use the new Cornsilk shine control Invisible Mattifying powerder in Translucent (this powder is great for someone who has an olive complextion. It reminds me of T-Lerec Bananne powder which is very expensive.) For instance, I went to my dentist and the dental assistant commented how beutiful my makeup was while she was cleaning my teeth. I of course was under a hugh light where she could see every flaw. I am using the Jojoba Oil every day and it gives just a nice sheen after you have applied your make-up. Note, after you use the Jojoba Oil you really need to use powder. I don't think I will go back to the traditional moisturizers. Thanks MUA and others out there who have recommended Jojoba Oil. I will continue to repurchase this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 3:06:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this last night, because of great reviews. Wow it is a great moisturizer. I splash a few drops into my palm and rub into my face, it feels soft, and moisturized, and very ungreasy. I got mine at Fred Meyer, for almost twelve bucks. I had two zits last night, and when I woke up , they were almost all the way gone! I hear it cleanses the pores, and in no way clogs them! GREAT stuff! I will definitely use for next winter. I will try it on my hair, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2003 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Sierra3000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didnt use Desert Essence but all 100% Jojoba Oil is the same anyway. I bought mine in a health shop for $5.00. I first started using it while i was using Differin which was very drying and making me flake so horribly.

Well the jojoba oil was the perfect companion- and completely odourless too. I was amazed to discover something so cheap and so simple could give the best results. Once I started using it I kind of felt silly for trying all these expensive moisturising creams when the answer was so basic.

So with the help of differin and jojoba oil my skin was absolutely glowing.

I also invested in a few mixtures of essential oils that contained Jojoba Oil but i got sick of the scent of a mixture and would rather just plain Jojoba.

I have extremely acne prone skin and the oil did not make me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2003 9:46:00 PM More reviews by CamiLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Henry's (a healthfood store) brand of jojaba which had the exact ingredients as this stuff. I have really sensitive skin and this has not irritated it at all. I also havn't noticed any breakout caused by this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Lillia

I started on Accutane a few months ago to address minor but persistent cystic acne. I was paranoid about my skin getting dry, so I began to mix 1-2 drops of jojoba oil with some enriched aloe vera gel (Vegecel by Aubrey Organics) and patting it all over my face after washing it at night. I did this on the theory that because jojoba oil is supposed to be so similar to the skin's natural oils, it would be a good way to compensate for the drying effects of Accutane. I realize it may be total dumb luck or coincidence, but I've had no problems with my face getting too dry (unlike the rest of me, which is constantly dry and in need of lotion), and my skin has never looked clearer or more radiant.