Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 5/12/2003 2:09:00 AM

This stuff is da bomb. I have dry, dry skin and I had tried everything - Nivea, Eucerin, Lubriderm, St. Ives, Origins - nothing quite worked. A friend recommended the Cetaphil cream, and it is amazing. Actually, she recommended it for my feet but I use it all over my body. (It works wonders on feet, too). I use the lotion in the morning, and the cream at night for an intensive moisture soak as I sleep. My skin has never felt so soft. I will never be without this. Also, it is unscented, so it won't clash with your perfume. Yay!

on 5/11/2003 10:51:00 AM

This is the most amazing stuff. I use only this on myself and both of my children. I have been using this on my kids since they were newborns. I used to have very dry skin. I find if I use cetaphi soapless cleanser in the shower and then use this cream... Perfect. I also use this cleaneers for my kids in the bath.

on 5/3/2003 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great moisturizer. I've used this for years -- on both my face and body. I use it as a body moisturizer now because I've found other moisturizers that work better on my face, but Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is something I will always keep on hand. I keep a tub of it in my bathroom and a tube in my travel bag. It is a staple of mine.

on 5/1/2003 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great, mild, heavier moisture cream that I use at night. Since I've been having 30% glycolic peels, I no longer use AHA or BHA creams or lotions, and this one provides exactly the amount of moisture I need. It's very soothing, and keeps me from getting flaky skin when I use 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide to prevent monthly hormonal breakouts. The cream is so mild, that it never irritates my skin and never causes breakouts. A great, basic cream moisturizer! ***Update 9/03: Althouhg this is a decent product, I've change my routine to use Serum de La Mer and Creme de La Mer; these products are more suited to my complexion.

on 4/26/2003 5:18:00 PM

I was reluctant to try this since I'm not a fan of the Cetaphil cleanser and the SPF moisturizer made my face burn like crazy -- but I was desperate to get rid of some small patches of dry flakies on my skin that I had not been able to get rid of with other products. Wow -- this one did the trick for me! No more dry flaky patches! This is fragrance free, and I have not experienced any breakouts or other problems.

on 4/18/2003 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Put this cream on your lips. I swear it feels like your lips are drinking it. It feels tingly.

on 4/8/2003 11:56:00 PM

This is the best cream for sensitive and dry skin. I rely on it to heal my skin when it becomes irritated (wind-chapping, too-harsh products, etc.)
It's a pretty heavy cream, and takes some time to absorb, so I only use it once in a while. But when I need an extra moisture boost, I can trust this product. I can feel a difference immediately, and my skin is usually healed overnight - dry, flaky skin is soft and smooth the very next day. This is a must-have for plane rides!
Sometimes I even use this as a moisture mask - put a thick layer on my skin and leave it there for about 30 minutes before enjoying a nice hot bath/shower. Feels great.
The price is pretty cheap - a big tub of this stuff shouldn't cost more than about $15 - so I use it liberally. I do wish it absorbed a little bit better, but I love how it works. continued >>

This is a great product for dry skin, especially if you're on some sort of over-drying acne medication. I've used all sorts of other moisturizers with fancy acids, vitamins, minerals, acne meds, etc, but this stuff is non-commodegenic, absorbs quickly and is the first moisturizer to not irritate my skin with new-fangled acidic assortments or heavy fragrances. My dermatologist recommends this as the only moisturizer to use that won't irritate my acne-prone skin, and it hasn't caused me any breakouts. I'll switch to the lighter, quicker absorbing lotion for the summer, but for winter skin, this is a great non-irritating, gentle moisturizer that can fully live up to the claim it makes: to moisturize.

on 4/5/2003 12:54:00 PM

This is quickly becoming my favorite facial moisturizer. Not only is it cheap, but it is gentle and does exactly what it's supposed to -- moisturize my dry skin. The best part is that since it is so inexpensive, I don't have to save it for my face. I can use it on dry spots (elbows, knees, feet, etc...) that need it. It is very non-irritating, and I haven't had any break outs as a result of using it.

on 4/3/2003 11:54:00 AM

I thought this stuff from was going to be great since the bottle says it's non-comedogenic, but it broke me out on my chin. :( I'll use this on my body, which it seems good for. I'll stick to my Purpose Intensive Dailly Moisturizer and L'Occitane SPF 15 Shea Butter Day cream which don't break me out and moisturize well.