Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 8/13/2010 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner is amazing! It's honestly better than the MAC version, which I found flakes after a few hours. This stuff does NOT budge, and it's super dark ( I bought blackest black). Ive worn it while swimming, in the rain and in hot tropical weather. At the end of the day it looks freshly applied. Also, the brush that comes with it is awesome. I expected it to be crap but it works so well with a little practice.

on 8/12/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic. I bought this in black. The lines come out perfectly, although sometimes a little too thick for my liking. I want to try this in eggplant next. The brush is great and the pigmentation is fine after you get down to the colour below the first layer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't know if it's the shimmer in the Charcoal color for this eyeliner but it is just not pigmented enough for me.
The charcoal looks like a very pretty dark, shimmery gray color in the pot but when put on the lashline with one swipe, it's a muddy and light wash of gray. Even with more than 3 swipes of this color it does not do itself any justice. I packed this eyeliner on one day and it faded in a couple hours and sudged in the inner and outer corners.

Maybe I just need to try the black color.

on 8/8/2010 3:04:00 PM

I can't stand pencil eyeliners, and though liquid and I get along sometimes I just don't get the line that I want. I picked this up to give the gel eyeliner a try and I have to say I was amazed! First time around I got an absolutely perfect line like I wanted.

Packaging: The packaging is great. Perfect size pot to carry with you for touch ups if needed.

Brush; Glad to see it came with a brush that was worth keeping around. I haven't had a single problem with it yet.

Eyeliner: Someone mentioned it before - you need to get past the first little layer to actually get into the colour. Once I did I have had no problem with it being as dark as I needed (I bought it in black).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i am really liking this eyeliner. it stays very well. i have an estee lauder gel liner as well but i tend to reach for this one more. it stays extremely well on the waterline as well. it never transfers to my lids either.

for people who have a problem with that, put some black eyeshadow over top of it. i dont have that problem and i love this eyeliner! definitely recommended.

on 8/5/2010 11:16:00 PM

this is absolutely amazing..it stays on like the whole dayy..if u want to wipe if off with a wipe it comes off..i would totally by it its amazing for your top eyelid and lower eyelid..i wouldnt really put it on the inner eyelid..but its absolutely amazing

on 8/5/2010 8:33:00 AM

This product is mediocre, its not GREAT, and its not horrible. I have the Charcol Charbon,and its not harsh looking, its just right; so in terms of color its great. The packaging is really cute, simple, easy access, easy to carry around, and comes with a nice brush. But it doesn't last all day, or maybe even after 4 hours it kind of smears, or wears off. The reason I bought a Gel eyeliner is so that I wouldn't have any smears, so that my eyes just look nice, simple, clean, and fresh, But because it smears, I don't 100% like it. I feel that there are other Gel eyeliners I could definitely try, than rather repurchasing this item.

on 8/2/2010 11:56:00 PM

I've been trying to find a good gel liner for a while. I tried those pen things and I hated them. I've tried some others with the brush and a pot, still didn't like. When I picked this up, I didn't have high hopes. Surprise, I really like this stuff. Really, REALLY like this stuff. The brush that comes with it is great. It's thin enough to create a thin line but can be turned and layered on for a really awesome dramatic cat-eye look. It's really easy to use and I love that the pot is tiny b/c I can fit it into my purse in case I need to touch up.

Highly recommend this.

on 8/2/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of the few products in which i didn't just throw out the brush it came with. I actually like it and use it all the time. if anything im okay with this purchase because i got the brush out of it.
On to the product. i got this liner in the brown shade.
Overall its just okay. I wish it was a darker brown but thats just preference. Its weird at first the top layer of liner in the pot is hard to get on the brush and when applied is pretty translucent.
but once you get deeper in the pot it is like a different product.
its super creamy and easy to apply. also it doesnt smudge on my eyes but it does fade. later in the day i notice it is not as visible.
i got this on sale so im not too dissapointed, but i dont think i'd purchase at its original price. elf and coastal scent have better liners for that price.

on 8/2/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is definitely easier to apply than most gel eyeliners because the consistency is much creamier. However the tradeoff is that it does migrate. The company was probably responding to the common problems with gel eyeliners drying out but they overcompensated. The black is pretty good but the violet does not have much colour payoff.

Video Reviews & Tutorials