October 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

This turned out to be a really good liner. The brush was surprisingly great, it is perfect to applying the liner. I have found that i must clean the brush after each use with a cleanser otherwise the liner hardens in the brush, making it impossible to use until it is cleaned. The liner stays put all day and does not smudge too easily. I like the look it gives so i will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by purlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Charcoal as a cheaper alternative to my MAC Fluidline Blacktrack.

I do have oily lids and, probably because of that, I found the liner did not adhere to my lids as well as Fluidline does. The liner showed up very sheer on my lids and, I'm used to more of a solid dark line. I did have to go over the line few times to get it where I wanted. Also, the color did not stay on as long as I would have liked.

The price was very affordable and, I did like how it came with a brush.

However, due to oily lids, I will be sticking with the MAC Fluidline in the meantime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by matetsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the mall at 25% off when I was in the run to look out for new stuffs to add on my make-up kit. Found this at an incredible discounted price so I was thinking it might be worth a try. Surely, not just worth a try but definitely a GREAT BUY!

I've been using this eyeliner for almost 5 months and gladly, this is still my first pot. Before, I usually don't go out wearing an eyeliner until Maybelline created such heaven. Such an excellent product. This is my first ever purchase to buy a gel eyeliner and I want to applaud its consistency. It's highly pigmented. I use this one on my upper lids and create that dramatic cat's eyes look. Just make sure you let this one dry for like a minute. The staying power is great. After a long work of 9 hours, the eyeliner was still there. However, I don't recommend this one on the waterline. I really have a "watery" waterline and I've tested out that it smudges on the outer corners of my waterline. That is, in my opinion, the only downside of this product. So what I do to my waterline is that I spread on my Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in brown to create that contrast look.

The brush is such a bonus. Some say the brush isn't that good and that's why they opt for angled brushes or the expensive ones. As for me, the brush is great. If you're not used to it, a little bit of practice does the trick.

I don't need expensive stuff to satisfy what I need and want. It's just a matter of being compatible with a product or what suits you best. For me, this is my HG gel eyeliner. I'm planning to stack up some 2 more pots in black and brown JUST IN CASE Maybelline discontinues them. You know, companies never give notice as to when they will stop a specific product. Who knows? It could be your newly found treasure that's just discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this eyeliner, it does not dry up like many other ones in the market. I find that I can go over with it several times to get a more precise and intense look and it does not end up looking messy. For reference, I have used the MAC fluidline, Bare Essential Lashliner, Wet N Wild and L'Oreal gel eyerliner and this one is my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really like Maybelline products, so I was very exciled whe I saw they came out with this, as I currently use MAC fluidline as my everyday eyeliner and the girl at the counter there told me it doesn't come in a dark brown (although according to their website it says they carry one..maybe they were out but she said it doesnt exist so I wasn't too keen to make a purchase!). Anyways I purchased this in brown, its cheaper than MAC and includes a brush which I think is a wonderful idea, as brushes can be very expensive. This came out very, very sheer, so I can't really use it as an eyeliner. I might try this as a very dark brown eye shadow. I would not repurchase this particular color, but would be interested in trying the black version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

All the reviews here made me really curious. I got this in blackest black and immediately loved it. I didn't use the brush it came with, just my sephora angled one but the product was pretty ideal. I tightlined and lined my lower lash line with this stuff and it did NOT move all day. Hooray!

Pros: Smooth application, glass jar, super affordable. Perfect for cat eyes. (Which I do every day) Did not smudge all day. LASTED ON MY WATERLINE FOR 10+ HOURS. One of 2 products that I have seen this happen with.

Cons: MAC Fluidline does have more pigment IMO.

Def in the top 3 drugstore products I have ever bought. Go get it!

**EDIT- Added +1 star because I LOVE the brush. So much easier than an angled/bent one. And for those of you complaining that the brush has to be cleaned/softened prior to use...well, duh. It's not magic, after all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kristina5475

I bought this gel liner b/c of reviews here. Totally love it. Goes on super smooth. Wore it all day yesterday for the first time. No smudges, no flaking, it really stayed put for me. I like the brush that comes with it also; nice and flat for fine lines or you can widen your line very easily. Definitely will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Court25

I did not like this liner. I have oily eyelids so when I saw this product I thought this would be perfect. It says long wearing and waterproof. Well, on me it lasted maybe 2 hours that's it. I got the brown so I decided to use it to fill in my eyebrows since I ran out of brow filler. It does work well to fill in my eyebrows, but as a liner its horrible at least on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by martixbennett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this eyeliner. This is the first gel/cream eyeliner I tried... after spending a long time thinking pencils were great, I found out I was horribly wrong! This is very pigmented, yet buildable for very dramatic looks. I love the little brush that came with it, I had tried using an angle brush when I first got this as per what some of the other reviews suggested, but I really do prefer the brush that comes with it. I use this around my eye, tight-lining and on my waterline. It stays on forever. The price is not bad, as the product lasts quite a while. I haven't had any problems with drying or anything like that. Packaging is great. I love everything about this eyeliner. The only problem I have with it is getting it off my waterline when I take my makeup off, I never had that problem with pencils because they never lasted long enough to take off... this stuff comes off easily with makeup remover, but I don't want to get that in my eye. I usually end up going to sleep with the liner on, which I'd rather not do, but I guess it's just a testament as to how well this stuff lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by JenSul27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome for the price. It is a great texture, glides on very smoothly and doesn't dry out. The formulation is buildable so that usually I put on two coats, more for nighttime drama. I have the black and eggplant colors which have great pigment.
The biggest recommendation I would have is to use a real eyeliner brush. The flimsy brushes that come with the product don't work well at all and can't seem to put the product on my eyelid. I use a angle brush from clinique and it works perfectly. The design of the packaging allows me to grab some product, work it into the brush (by pushing it around on the lid of the jar) and apply the perfect amount.
I found that this product has great staying power (until temperatures hit 100 as in the northeast this week, at which point, it melts all over my face) but washes off easily at the end of the day. Highly recommended.