August 1, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by BigLetterFridays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have it in black and eggplant. The black is just a typical black gel eye liner. I've heard negative things about eggplant, but the one I got has a nice purple to it, and I don't have to put a lot on in order for the purple to be noticed on the lid. They last on my lids all day, and it's really easy to clean off. For the price, it's a good product and I'll keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite drugstore products. Usually I buy MAC and other department store makeup brands, but eyeliner is one of those things that I've been able to find really good products without the high price tag. Anyway, the brush that comes with this is wayyy easier to use than my Smashbox one. The eyeliner (I purchased Blackest Black because I heard the other colors had pigmentation issues) is sooo creamy! I always use more than I think I'll need, that way I get the right amount of pigment and the look that I want without having to go back a second or third time. It's great for creating dramatic looks, and it won't come off! I usually put on my eyeliner before my eyeshadow, that way my eyeshadow sets my eyeliner and tones down the color a bit. After ding this, I rubbed my eye, and nothing happened! It stayed put! Amazing!!!! Two words: BUY THIS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE [03/2011]: moved this up to a 5, for two reasons:

1. Tested side by side, and overnight, against Bobbi Brown: lasts as well. It's also exactly as easy to apply.

2. Went mad (by my standards) and bought the eggplant. It's gorgeous: eggplant/aubergine, not too purple or black, enough brown to it to keep it warm and burgundy-tinged.

Very good gel eyeliner; available in black, eggplant, and brown. I have the brown [and now the gorgeous eggplant!], and use this in alternation with Laura Mercier's cake in Mahogany and Bobbi Brown's gel one in Chocolate Shimmer Ink, pretty much every day. Works well for tightlining. A good option if you're irritated by bismuth oxychloride (in the otherwise lovely Clinique Black Honey brush-on liner, alas) and looking for a cruelty-free one; other options, similar in application and effect, would include the Bobbi Brown and MAC gel eye liners. Except they're quite a bit more expensive.

The Drama is packaged with a brush, which looks fine; I'm sticking to using an old brush from the Clinique brush-on liner, as it has a short handle which is more useful for me (being short-sighted). The Maybelline brush looks quite similar, except for the longer handle: small head, short firm bristles, flat top i.e neither angled nor tapered.

The jar is basically the same as the Bobbi Brown one: glass, with a screw-lid. Same volume (3g). I have the same niggle with both jars: while they keep the liner pretty fresh and airtight, the lid is a PITA especially between eyes--I remove it, dip brush, close lid, apply liner to one eye, repeat process. In between, there's a lot of juggling tools. On the other hand, it does give a full workout to all your fingers. But I'd rather have a flip-cap that clicks shut. That might just be me, only having two hands, and not being at my most coordinated first thing in the morning.

The liner itself is drier than other gel ones I've used, but applied as easily and lasts as well. I only need it to last all day, and if left on overnight, it's still been there the next morning. Only been using it for tightlining, so I can't comment on its possibilities for cat-eye flicks etc.

The colour is quite matte; which is fine for everyday work-appropriate neutral/natural-effect simple enhancement. Look to MAC & BB for more glimmer and glitter.

Regularly available from drugstores; in a 3g screw-top glass pot. Hasn't dried out yet. Costs in the region of $10-15.

INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ +/- ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide] continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed in this liner. I really liked the fact that it comes with a brush already so you don't have to worry about buying another one, but it did not last longer than 3 hours for me. I had originally been using the Bobbi Brown gel liner and found that the extra cash for the longer lasting liner was much better for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great gel eyeliner, the brush that came with it is surprisingly good. There's a decent amount of product in the jar, and it easy to apply once I warm it with the back of my hand, but it just isn't as pigmented as I would like it to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by derangedblondegirl

I love the eyeliner itself, HOWEVER the brush seems to hate me. The first time I used it, my eyeliner was perfect. Then, the brush just stopped creating a smooth, even line, and now I'm resorting to dipping a normal eyeliner pencil into the gel (which actually gives an amazing, long-lasting line). I bought this product on a whim because I didn't feel like paying for a MAC gel liner and brush (the brush itself being, for about 3-4 hairs, nearly 20 dollars).
So, if you have a different brush already, or don't mind using using a pencil with this (any cheap eyeliner pencil works, really. I'm using my e.l.f. one), I'd recommend getting it. The gel itself is really good quality, especiallyif you typically buy department store brands and want a cheaper alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by MsCherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in the shade of brown. I always struggled with pencil liners, they always faded away so quickly, were hard to apply, I could never draw a perfect thin line like I wanted.
Well, this liner works pretty well. I love the clean, thin, almost perfect line I can manage to get every time.
Looks very professional, & it doesn't fade either.
I can't think of any cons.
Well, except it was about $10. But, I guess you get what you pay for! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by hellohelloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought 2 colors, the black and eggplant. The black is great. The color is long lasting and doesn't really smudge even though I have oily lids. The brush it came with isn't that reliable to me. It worked great a few times but it felt like it was dying afterwards so I just started using a traditional eyeliner brush. It seems to sort of dry out fast? But its possible I just left it open for too long I guess. But this product is great! It's not as smooth as Mac's fluidline but its great for only $6.

AVOID THE COLOR: EGGPLANT! It looks great in the bottle but the color isn't pigmented at all. It took so many applications and all I was able to achieve was a faint purple. It looked really awful and too way too much time for a look I wouldn't even wear in public.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by joylizz14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best drugstore eyeliner I have ever tried. Despite the oiliness of my lids, this eyeliner didn't smudge even though I didn't apply a primer beforehand. The brush that comes with it is also excellent. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by leticia212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love gel eyeliners personally but not many companies offer them, I like this one a lot! Its extremely black so it looks like what a liquid would look like but better, I have brown eyes so I always want something to make them not so blah, this does the trick. The only downfalls are it does starts to smudge a bit at the end of the day but really smudging is better then it not being there at all by the end of the day and the brush it comes with sucks go get a real eyeliner brush and I'm contemplating trying to find a good eyeliner sealer to make this really last.