April 24, 2014 | 1887 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Ktina88

To start, there is not a day I go by without having eyeliner on. Even when I wear little makeup there will always be eyeliner, that is just the way it is. When it comes to eyeliners though I'm pretty picky. Pencils make me mad because no matter what brand by the end of the day I end up with a lovely smudged, smeared raccoon sort of look. I've tried liquid, but to be perfectly honest, I am inept at applying it and end up with a squiggly, I put this on on the car ride over eye makeup. So without any real prior experience with it I just decided to try gel liner one day and, omg, I'm in love with it.

Now I'm sure this is not the best gel liner out there, but for my first try with such a product it gets the job done. I can put it on in the morning while getting ready for work (including the water line if I feel like it)and the eye liner will still be there, smudge free, when I get home. There are a couple downsides to this liner though. One, it dries out super quick. After awhile it just becomes difficult to apply and you end up needing more and more to get the job done. Also, the brush is pretty awful. I can't really complain though, I mean for how much I paid it isn't too bad. I think I'll try out the wet n wild liner next until I can get my hands on some MAC fluidline to try out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by PMKarabel

I put this eyeliner on at 7 o'clock last night before I went bar hopping. It's 1 o'clock pm now and I was out all night, got caught in torrential rain, and slept and I still have eyeliner on!
PROS: This stuff stays put. I like the packaging and the colors are great. I have blackest black and brown. The brown is great for a day look when you just want a little definition and the black is perfect for nighttime cat eyes.
CONS: My only beef is with the brush. I don't like it at all and I use a different angle brush to apply.
OVERALL: This product is really comparable to Bobbi Brown gel liner and it's a great price. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by amandakoran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've always been a fan of liquid eyeliner and i decided to give gel a try. I got this in black and i like the color payoff, i do 2 layers. The glass container is good and the brush is pretty usable too. I use a different brush though! Its creamy and fool proof. It doesnt smudge on me and lasts the whole day, even on the waterline!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Annessa

This is the first time I've tried a gel eyeliner. I like it so far... it's easy to apply, long-lasting (don't know about 24 hours, but at least half that), and it doesn't smudge unless I'm aggressively rubbing my eyes. For a drugstore product, it's a great value and does the job! I bought this in charcoal... but next time, I will try blackest black. The brush that comes with it isn't too bad, but I think it's still a good idea to invest in a good quality eyeliner brush for precise application.

Edit: I took off one lippie because this gel liner has been drying out. I still have charcoal, but when I bought this in blackest black, I started using that color every day. I try and make sure to twist the cap tightly to close after each use. It is not as creamy and harder to apply now. I still have quite a lot left, but I might end up tossing this soon and buy MAC's fluidline instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Pretty good liner. I have this in charcoal and its a less harsh alternative to black for daytime for us pale girls. The brush that comes with it is actually usable to get a thin line. The color payoff is nice, although I did layer it 2 times to get a darker line. Its smooth and easy to apply and dries fairly quickly. However the staying power isn't as great as my WnW cream liner or l'oreal's HIP. Maybelline has a good color selection though. I would recommend it for the good brush. If you want black or purple I think WnW's are better but if you're looking for other colors give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by dancer14927

I actually ordered this in Blackest Black online from walmart after reading some reviews here (note: was cheaper there than bogo sales since I didn't really need anything else, plus $1 shipping).

For the price, the amount you get is amazing. It's creamy and smooth to apply, and as long as you let it dry for a few seconds before blinking, it stays perfectly. Can't say that it lasts 24 hours, but it definitely stays on me for the entire school day, so about 9 hours before I remove it. I have smudged it before, on purpose, and it will definitely smudge if you don't let it dry! It's fairly easy to remove, as well. In my opinion it is almost-highly pigmented, at least the Blackest Black is, sometimes I do have to do two coats, which I guess is a plus since I was looking for a truly black liner. The brush that comes with it is okay, and I tend to favor it over my slanted liner brush since it's smaller and easier to control. But it's not the best quality, so I'll probably be looking for something else to apply this with.

Packaging wise, the liner is in a small glass pot, with a plastic screw top. Not the best since I'm sure it'll break somehow, but pretty good for the price. The brush is about 4-5" long and comes with a plastic cap. They've held up pretty well in my box of makeup, but I do hate the plastic cap, it drives me insane.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

A nice surprise with this eyeliner, I am really picky with liners and I have runny eyes so I tend to get a lot of smudging with most products. This one is actually quite nice, I picked it up in Brown, which is actually a lighter brown than HIP or Jane's cream eyeliner brown, which is fine because I am very fair so it was less harsh on me. It's much softer (in consistency) than any other I have tried and it applies a bit lighter (less opaque) as well. I love the brush it comes with, which is also rare for me, I usually won't use anything except my Lise Watier eyeliner brush (which is angled not a point like this one) but it's a great brush and works very well with the product.
For staying power it's pretty good, it does not stay as well as HIP but since HIP no longer seems to be available in Canada it's not an option for me. I think Jane wore a bit better as well but the application on this was nice enough that I'd choose it over Jane. It removes easily with waterproof eye makeup remover, which is not always the case with liners with a lot of staying power. Many of the other cream liners I tried (smashbox, quo, etc) I found were either not worth the money for the quality of product or had little to no staying power. Took one lippie off for the slight smudging and sheerness of the actual product when applied. Would repurchase this unless HIP comes back to Canada in which case I would probably stick with L'oreal's HIP and only use this one on occasion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Applefizz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first gel eyeliner I've tried and first thing I noticed is that it took a little longer to dry. I have pretty oily eyelids and this liner did smudge and crease after a few hours, even with Too Faced shadow insurance under it. It's cool that it comes with a brush but I don't like using it to apply the eyeliner as it is tricky due to the shape of the brush. I will not be buying this again, would rather spend a few bucks more and get something with more staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first gel liner I've used. The brush that comes with the liner is really good, but the eyeliner Im not a big fan of. It smears even if I put a black eyeshadow over it to set it. This liner is okay, but I'm still searching for a better one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still new to gel liners, but I LOVE this liner! I think the price was fair, and you get a pretty good amount and a little brush with it. The brush isn't terrible, but of course if you have your own it's best to use that. I own the liner in Eggplant and Charcoal, and both colors are rich and gorgeous! And best of all, they don't crease or smear! And the application is much easier compared to liquid liners. One day I took a nap while I still had my make-up on, and when I woke up the liner hadn't budged! And considering I have a bad habit of cramming my face into my pillow, that's pretty impressive. Had that been pencil liner it would have been smeared on my face and my pillow! I hope they make more colors in the future. :)