April 17, 2014 | 1148 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Pretty good liner. I have this in charcoal and its a less harsh alternative to black for daytime for us pale girls. The brush that comes with it is actually usable to get a thin line. The color payoff is nice, although I did layer it 2 times to get a darker line. Its smooth and easy to apply and dries fairly quickly. However the staying power isn't as great as my WnW cream liner or l'oreal's HIP. Maybelline has a good color selection though. I would recommend it for the good brush. If you want black or purple I think WnW's are better but if you're looking for other colors give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by dancer14927

I actually ordered this in Blackest Black online from walmart after reading some reviews here (note: was cheaper there than bogo sales since I didn't really need anything else, plus $1 shipping).

For the price, the amount you get is amazing. It's creamy and smooth to apply, and as long as you let it dry for a few seconds before blinking, it stays perfectly. Can't say that it lasts 24 hours, but it definitely stays on me for the entire school day, so about 9 hours before I remove it. I have smudged it before, on purpose, and it will definitely smudge if you don't let it dry! It's fairly easy to remove, as well. In my opinion it is almost-highly pigmented, at least the Blackest Black is, sometimes I do have to do two coats, which I guess is a plus since I was looking for a truly black liner. The brush that comes with it is okay, and I tend to favor it over my slanted liner brush since it's smaller and easier to control. But it's not the best quality, so I'll probably be looking for something else to apply this with.

Packaging wise, the liner is in a small glass pot, with a plastic screw top. Not the best since I'm sure it'll break somehow, but pretty good for the price. The brush is about 4-5" long and comes with a plastic cap. They've held up pretty well in my box of makeup, but I do hate the plastic cap, it drives me insane.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

A nice surprise with this eyeliner, I am really picky with liners and I have runny eyes so I tend to get a lot of smudging with most products. This one is actually quite nice, I picked it up in Brown, which is actually a lighter brown than HIP or Jane's cream eyeliner brown, which is fine because I am very fair so it was less harsh on me. It's much softer (in consistency) than any other I have tried and it applies a bit lighter (less opaque) as well. I love the brush it comes with, which is also rare for me, I usually won't use anything except my Lise Watier eyeliner brush (which is angled not a point like this one) but it's a great brush and works very well with the product.
For staying power it's pretty good, it does not stay as well as HIP but since HIP no longer seems to be available in Canada it's not an option for me. I think Jane wore a bit better as well but the application on this was nice enough that I'd choose it over Jane. It removes easily with waterproof eye makeup remover, which is not always the case with liners with a lot of staying power. Many of the other cream liners I tried (smashbox, quo, etc) I found were either not worth the money for the quality of product or had little to no staying power. Took one lippie off for the slight smudging and sheerness of the actual product when applied. Would repurchase this unless HIP comes back to Canada in which case I would probably stick with L'oreal's HIP and only use this one on occasion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Applefizz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first gel eyeliner I've tried and first thing I noticed is that it took a little longer to dry. I have pretty oily eyelids and this liner did smudge and crease after a few hours, even with Too Faced shadow insurance under it. It's cool that it comes with a brush but I don't like using it to apply the eyeliner as it is tricky due to the shape of the brush. I will not be buying this again, would rather spend a few bucks more and get something with more staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first gel liner I've used. The brush that comes with the liner is really good, but the eyeliner Im not a big fan of. It smears even if I put a black eyeshadow over it to set it. This liner is okay, but I'm still searching for a better one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still new to gel liners, but I LOVE this liner! I think the price was fair, and you get a pretty good amount and a little brush with it. The brush isn't terrible, but of course if you have your own it's best to use that. I own the liner in Eggplant and Charcoal, and both colors are rich and gorgeous! And best of all, they don't crease or smear! And the application is much easier compared to liquid liners. One day I took a nap while I still had my make-up on, and when I woke up the liner hadn't budged! And considering I have a bad habit of cramming my face into my pillow, that's pretty impressive. Had that been pencil liner it would have been smeared on my face and my pillow! I hope they make more colors in the future. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Always on the lookout for new drugstore products that last, I picked this up several months back. I bought Eggplant, a shimmery purple. It has good (but not great) staying power and I'm very pleased with it for the money.

I gotta say, Maybelline in the 21st century is selling better makeup than they did back in the 1970s. I'm enjoying this eyeliner, I have an eyeshadow quad that I like (read about it here on MUA, tx guys) and the Color Sensational lipstick is, well, sensational!

Please understand, dear reader, that whatever eyeliner I have deployed for the day, it always starts melting around mid-afternoon and ends the day as smudge under my eyes. The good news is that this gel eyeliner comes second to HIP cream eyeliner for longevity. I grant you that the Maybelline color is a little thinner than the HIP and you won't get an opaque line like HIP cream liners give you. (But the HIP color selection is so boring! I'm too fair to wear black eyeliner and the blue and teal colors are awful next to my hazel eyes. I'm on my second pot of the brown, what more can I do?)

Anyway, I'm not sure what all colors are out there for the Maybelline eyeliner but now that more drugstores are carrying it, I'll have to snoop around next BOGOF sale at RiteAid. Maybe there's a nice gray, or taupe, or a grayish-green? Now we're talking. And if I'm lucky, the HIP color mavens are listening in, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm very impressed with these eyeliners. They're very easy to put on and very buildable unlike other liners where if you screw up you can't fix it. I've got these in brown and eggplant - the eggplant is absolutely gorgeous on my green eyes - it's the prettiest plum/purple eyeliner i've ever tried because it's still a neutral enough color to wear everyday if that makes any sense!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by thiscowsgotmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a steal (especially when it's on sale) compared to other high-end gel eyeliners.

I personally think the pigmentation is quite decent, and the little brush that comes with it is very good for applying the liner, which is surprising, because usually random generic brushes flat-out suck.

I haven't tried L'oreal HiP, but I've tried Buxom Lash and Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner. Those two are slightly better in terms of pigmentation and consistency, but this stuff is pretty much up there.

:D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by frugalfashionista

This product is pretty good for a drugstore gel eyeliner. I bought the eggplant shade, and a positive thing about it is that the colour is strong and opaque. The downside was that I had to pile layers of it on for it to show up. Also, it's not as fluid as the more expensive gel liners so it tends to clump a little, but it's not that big of a deal.
It's a decent liner, plus I LOVE the purple colour.