Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 9/6/2010 9:18:00 PM

This eyeliner lasted all day, including an intense workout session. Granted I did use primer so I'm not entirely sure how long it'd last without -- but overall, very pleased with this product.

on 9/6/2010 7:43:00 PM

Replaces fluidline. I tried using the HIP (by L'oreal) liner for a while but that always dried up pretty quick. The brush that came with it was wonderful, I've sadly misplaced it recently and was really upset about it. Wish it was cheaper but at least it's cheaper than fluidline. Definitely try it out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great for drugstore. I bought this in gray because they were out of black. It looks like black though. The gel glides on smoothly, but it is a shimmery. If you dont like shimmery stay away from this product. I liked this way better then a pencil eyeliner I had before. I use this to tightline my eyes. It does fall a bit off on my bottom eyelids when you first put it on and also, after a few hours. But, what eyeliner doesnt? Also the brush it comes w/ is okay, its good for lining bottom waterline because it is very thin. The brush hurts if it isn't wet though, make sure to wet it. What I did was bought a eyeliner brush for 3 dollars at Target. Its by StudioTools. Very good brush, also I heard another good cheap brush is Ecotools.

In conclusion, good gel eyeliner. It glides on. Stays on well, but does fall off after a while. It is shimmery and I recommend you buy a cheap eyeliner brush when you buy this. And gray looks like black.

on 9/6/2010 2:59:00 AM

This is by far the best eyeliner that ive used in a really long time.
I bought this yesterday and i am in love with this product. Its so easy to apply .It stays still no matter what the temp out is.
The brush that comes along with it is perfectly designed to help people like me , who have unsteady hands.
The container, am sure will last for a year. It does not smudge nor does it irritate me in the eye.
the only drawback is that i might lose the brush, considering how careless i am with my things. APart from that its a beautiful, easy to use product, that stays all day :)))

on 9/4/2010 5:29:00 AM

I was on the verge on giving up on eyeliners because they never really satisfy my needs. I've been thru so much pencil and liquid eyeliners and I could never seem to apply them right without having to tug on ym eyelids and cause premature wrinkles.

After buying this, I've been a gel liner convert. First of all, this is very easy to apply. And it doesn't dry like crazy fast so it's okay to make little mistakes here and there when applying, but of course don't overdo it :D

The brush that came with it was quite okay considering the short handle and the soft bristles that didn't shed or bled. But I find it too thick for my liking even when I just use the tip. See, when you want a thicker line, you use the side of the brush and for thinner line, you of course use the tip. I wish they would swap the regular brush for a thinner and bent one.

Overall, this product isn't so bad considering the price. It's not yet HG material but it works.

on 9/4/2010 4:52:00 AM

This is the first gel eyeliner that i have ever used, and i think its really Great. It goes on really smooth. It says that its smudge proof but its not but that bother me because i don't touch my eyes a lot. It is kind of hard to get off , definitely need a makeup remover to get it off.

on 8/28/2010 7:35:00 PM

I have this in black and brown. The brown comes very dark and looks almost black on, so you might want something even lighter for a less defined look.

It's a bit pricey for drugstore eyeliner, but the container will probably last me close to a year if not longer.

I do have smudging issues, though not as badly as with other eyeliners I've tried. Still looking for the ideal primer to seal everything in.

I use the brush that comes with the product and am looking for a thinner brush to control the thickness of the line more

on 8/27/2010 6:00:00 PM

Good gel liner if you can get it on sale, not the best for very dramatic looks. (could smudge or fade) I got Eggplant on sale at Rite Aid, for a bit under $8. The brush in the package works well and gives a lot of control. This went on much softer than I expected, though. I'm not sure if it was the purple color, or the formula overall. Fortunately, it was a pretty look, and I had plenty of time to clean up the line before it set, and/or do a second coat. It didn't flake, crumble, or irritate my eyes. These are the main reasons I like this product. It did fade off a bit by the end of the day, but it didn't smudge. I think this would not last on the waterline, though, or with a very precise winged look. This gel hasn't dried out for me yet, but I'm not worried. I saw a tutorial on YouTube for reviving your gels by dropping the closed pot in steaming water for 5 minutes, or directly adding hot water to the dried up product, soaking for 5 min., stirring, and repacking it down. I'll definitely test those methods with this. I will continue to use this, but won't repurchase it. Maybelline doesn't make enough colors (like a green or navy) to make this that unique, and the look/wear of it is not that different from cheaper waterproof pen/pencil liners I usually use.

on 8/26/2010 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this eyeliner is really good . ive always used the pencil ones because it was easier , but when i tried this , im never going back to pencil again :) it does smudge a little , but it lasts longer than the pencil ones . another great thing is , i dont have to sharpen anymore ! the brush used for this was easy to use , although i didnt think it was at first . very nice ! :)

on 8/25/2010 2:23:00 PM

I bought the brown and it's a beautiful medium-dark golden brown color. When I first put it on I thought there was no way this would hold up as it seemed very creamy, more so than my other gels like BB, MAC and SK, but it dried and didn't budge after that. There is a good bit of play-time which could be good if you mess up. I was shocked that the little brush is actually quite good. I figured it would go in the trash and almost didn't even try it out but it does a very nice job with application of this product. I will definitely buy this in at least one other color.

Video Reviews & Tutorials