November 28, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by LeezyBeast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, the picture on the package is deceiving. I purchased eggplant or the subtle shimmery purple. The picture shows a super dark purple on a fair skin person. It was way lighter with somewhat a pinker hue. If you flip the package over there is a little peek-a-boo square to see the color/product but there was a sticker covering the color. I was pretty irritated about that, but since I heard great reviews it didn't matter.

Anyways, I liked the product. I use it manly as a base and the color last well. I love the brush as well. So small, but pretty worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by laceandpearls92

This is the only eyeliner I use anymore. I dont even touch any of my other liners. This gel liner is so fantastic! I use it every day, usually for a winged liner on my top lid. I even use it on my waterline and it stays. ALL DAY. on my waterline ladies!! i have sensitive eyes, and wearing it on my waterline doesnt bother me at all. It is a very pigmented product, i have it in black. When I use it on my top lash line, along with a little powder on the lid, it doesnt crease or smear at allll. The color can fade a little throughout the day, but only if its super hot out, or if you go on a water slide:p Its very easy to build up to create an even deeper black color.

The product doesnt dry up in the jar, it stays nice and wet. There is also a decent amount in the container. The brush it comes with is great, but you should clean it out after every use or else it gets stiff and gross.
Go buy it. now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

This turned out to be a really good liner. The brush was surprisingly great, it is perfect to applying the liner. I have found that i must clean the brush after each use with a cleanser otherwise the liner hardens in the brush, making it impossible to use until it is cleaned. The liner stays put all day and does not smudge too easily. I like the look it gives so i will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by purlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Charcoal as a cheaper alternative to my MAC Fluidline Blacktrack.

I do have oily lids and, probably because of that, I found the liner did not adhere to my lids as well as Fluidline does. The liner showed up very sheer on my lids and, I'm used to more of a solid dark line. I did have to go over the line few times to get it where I wanted. Also, the color did not stay on as long as I would have liked.

The price was very affordable and, I did like how it came with a brush.

However, due to oily lids, I will be sticking with the MAC Fluidline in the meantime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by matetsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the mall at 25% off when I was in the run to look out for new stuffs to add on my make-up kit. Found this at an incredible discounted price so I was thinking it might be worth a try. Surely, not just worth a try but definitely a GREAT BUY!

I've been using this eyeliner for almost 5 months and gladly, this is still my first pot. Before, I usually don't go out wearing an eyeliner until Maybelline created such heaven. Such an excellent product. This is my first ever purchase to buy a gel eyeliner and I want to applaud its consistency. It's highly pigmented. I use this one on my upper lids and create that dramatic cat's eyes look. Just make sure you let this one dry for like a minute. The staying power is great. After a long work of 9 hours, the eyeliner was still there. However, I don't recommend this one on the waterline. I really have a "watery" waterline and I've tested out that it smudges on the outer corners of my waterline. That is, in my opinion, the only downside of this product. So what I do to my waterline is that I spread on my Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in brown to create that contrast look.

The brush is such a bonus. Some say the brush isn't that good and that's why they opt for angled brushes or the expensive ones. As for me, the brush is great. If you're not used to it, a little bit of practice does the trick.

I don't need expensive stuff to satisfy what I need and want. It's just a matter of being compatible with a product or what suits you best. For me, this is my HG gel eyeliner. I'm planning to stack up some 2 more pots in black and brown JUST IN CASE Maybelline discontinues them. You know, companies never give notice as to when they will stop a specific product. Who knows? It could be your newly found treasure that's just discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this eyeliner, it does not dry up like many other ones in the market. I find that I can go over with it several times to get a more precise and intense look and it does not end up looking messy. For reference, I have used the MAC fluidline, Bare Essential Lashliner, Wet N Wild and L'Oreal gel eyerliner and this one is my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really like Maybelline products, so I was very exciled whe I saw they came out with this, as I currently use MAC fluidline as my everyday eyeliner and the girl at the counter there told me it doesn't come in a dark brown (although according to their website it says they carry one..maybe they were out but she said it doesnt exist so I wasn't too keen to make a purchase!). Anyways I purchased this in brown, its cheaper than MAC and includes a brush which I think is a wonderful idea, as brushes can be very expensive. This came out very, very sheer, so I can't really use it as an eyeliner. I might try this as a very dark brown eye shadow. I would not repurchase this particular color, but would be interested in trying the black version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

All the reviews here made me really curious. I got this in blackest black and immediately loved it. I didn't use the brush it came with, just my sephora angled one but the product was pretty ideal. I tightlined and lined my lower lash line with this stuff and it did NOT move all day. Hooray!

Pros: Smooth application, glass jar, super affordable. Perfect for cat eyes. (Which I do every day) Did not smudge all day. LASTED ON MY WATERLINE FOR 10+ HOURS. One of 2 products that I have seen this happen with.

Cons: MAC Fluidline does have more pigment IMO.

Def in the top 3 drugstore products I have ever bought. Go get it!

**EDIT- Added +1 star because I LOVE the brush. So much easier than an angled/bent one. And for those of you complaining that the brush has to be cleaned/softened prior to use...well, duh. It's not magic, after all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kristina5475

I bought this gel liner b/c of reviews here. Totally love it. Goes on super smooth. Wore it all day yesterday for the first time. No smudges, no flaking, it really stayed put for me. I like the brush that comes with it also; nice and flat for fine lines or you can widen your line very easily. Definitely will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Court25

I did not like this liner. I have oily eyelids so when I saw this product I thought this would be perfect. It says long wearing and waterproof. Well, on me it lasted maybe 2 hours that's it. I got the brown so I decided to use it to fill in my eyebrows since I ran out of brow filler. It does work well to fill in my eyebrows, but as a liner its horrible at least on me.