Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 9/12/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this liner in eggplant which is a pretty deep purple color. I love this gel eyeliner. It's so nice to apply and comes with a nice brush that I actually use! My only downfall with this gel eyeliner is that it's not as pigmented as i'd like it to be which was a bit disappointing but it's okay, I just only wear this for a day time look. I'll re-purchase.

on 9/10/2010 7:48:00 AM

I'm Asian so I got problems applying eyeliner on my lids. I don't even dare to try liquid eyeliners all by myself because I know it will just look awful. I bought this product just a few days ago and tried it all by myself. And hey, I really love the results! This is really awesome. Thumbs up to Maybelline for having this gel liner.

on 9/10/2010 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Love that it doesn't transfer on the eye lid.love the texture,the brush that they put in the packaging!that makes the perfect cat eyes!i took it in the blackest black and it's pigmented and smooth.it last fairly long,and doesn't smuge at all...wich is rare on a eye liner.i'll use that one for the night time,and keep my annabelle eye liner for daytime.update: i bought the purple one!love the color! Goes really well! Love it!

on 9/7/2010 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand why it's getting such good ratings I use fluidline religiously and this crap will Never!!!! Replace that. It goss on smith dries up on my lids and flakes right off!! The product in jar also seemed to dry up super fast. I like the brush it came with tho . Fluidline ftw!

on 9/7/2010 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First and foremost, I am an Asian. So i basically have semi double eyelid...(go figure) and applying eyeliner is super tricky for me..and i have never successfully applied a liquid eyeliner without having it smudged and transfered to the upper crease...so, i usually use the automatic pencil eyeliner..so I was sceptical when i bought this. But to my surprise this is the best liquid/gel liner i have ever tried! I dont have problem of it smudging upon application. It does smudge overtime..but its still bearable.
Pros:
-affordable
-has a long staying power, 5-6 hours (considering the fact that i have super-duper oily lids)
- does not smudge upon application
-and comes with great brush..trust me the brush works fabulously!
-one tub can last you a long time
cons
-pricey for a drugstore makeup....

I love this, give it a try!

And, a few days ago, i was crying really badly (a really great touching movie, mind you), after i'm done, i went to the toilet to check on my make up and to my surprise, my eyeliner does not budge or makes me look like a panda...it looked as if i had just applied it a few minutes ago! OMG, I love this, even when i sweat like crazy this liner does not budge...i really2x love this! yippie!

on 9/6/2010 9:18:00 PM

This eyeliner lasted all day, including an intense workout session. Granted I did use primer so I'm not entirely sure how long it'd last without -- but overall, very pleased with this product.

on 9/6/2010 7:43:00 PM

Replaces fluidline. I tried using the HIP (by L'oreal) liner for a while but that always dried up pretty quick. The brush that came with it was wonderful, I've sadly misplaced it recently and was really upset about it. Wish it was cheaper but at least it's cheaper than fluidline. Definitely try it out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great for drugstore. I bought this in gray because they were out of black. It looks like black though. The gel glides on smoothly, but it is a shimmery. If you dont like shimmery stay away from this product. I liked this way better then a pencil eyeliner I had before. I use this to tightline my eyes. It does fall a bit off on my bottom eyelids when you first put it on and also, after a few hours. But, what eyeliner doesnt? Also the brush it comes w/ is okay, its good for lining bottom waterline because it is very thin. The brush hurts if it isn't wet though, make sure to wet it. What I did was bought a eyeliner brush for 3 dollars at Target. Its by StudioTools. Very good brush, also I heard another good cheap brush is Ecotools.

In conclusion, good gel eyeliner. It glides on. Stays on well, but does fall off after a while. It is shimmery and I recommend you buy a cheap eyeliner brush when you buy this. And gray looks like black.

on 9/6/2010 2:59:00 AM

This is by far the best eyeliner that ive used in a really long time.
I bought this yesterday and i am in love with this product. Its so easy to apply .It stays still no matter what the temp out is.
The brush that comes along with it is perfectly designed to help people like me , who have unsteady hands.
The container, am sure will last for a year. It does not smudge nor does it irritate me in the eye.
the only drawback is that i might lose the brush, considering how careless i am with my things. APart from that its a beautiful, easy to use product, that stays all day :)))

on 9/4/2010 5:29:00 AM

I was on the verge on giving up on eyeliners because they never really satisfy my needs. I've been thru so much pencil and liquid eyeliners and I could never seem to apply them right without having to tug on ym eyelids and cause premature wrinkles.

After buying this, I've been a gel liner convert. First of all, this is very easy to apply. And it doesn't dry like crazy fast so it's okay to make little mistakes here and there when applying, but of course don't overdo it :D

The brush that came with it was quite okay considering the short handle and the soft bristles that didn't shed or bled. But I find it too thick for my liking even when I just use the tip. See, when you want a thicker line, you use the side of the brush and for thinner line, you of course use the tip. I wish they would swap the regular brush for a thinner and bent one.

Overall, this product isn't so bad considering the price. It's not yet HG material but it works.

Video Reviews & Tutorials