December 18, 2014 | 1675 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by iheartcargo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really hoping for a HG product here. I really like the constancy, but the stay time for this isn't very good. The second I started to sweat it pretty much started to melt off. I might buy it again, but I really don't plan on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by royal_bee17

First and foremost, I decided to test this eyeliner at my job, which requires me to stand outside for at least 6+ hours. Yesterday was scorching, probably about 95 degrees, but this eyeliner did not budge. It's easy to apply and the brush it came with is surprisingly not bad at all. The packaging is very nice and does not feel cheap at all. There is quite a bit of product and depending how strong you like your eyeliner, should last a long time. I thought I could compare this Bobbi Brown, but I feel like the BB eyeliner, is on the dry side. This eyeliner is a bit moist which is nice. The only problem is it is not as pigmented as the BB one. The BB one is a very deep black, whereas this maybelline one is somewhat soft. I gave it 4 starts because at the end of the night, it sort of disappeared, not smudged on my bottom lash line, towards the outer part of my eye but it wasn't that bad, I could still see it. I would suggest using a primer if you use it on the top lash line (I used it for the whole eye) because it really does help prolong it. I used smashbox eye primer. Overall I definitely like this product and I would recommend it and repurchase it without a doubt

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by eggsinabasket

Okay after watching the Michelle Phan double eyeliner video on youtube I was super impressed by this gel eyeliner! I immediately checked in out on MUA and after reading all the good reviews I rushed out to get one. I got the eggplant one because most of my current ones are brown/black, so I thought a new colour would be good. Okay in the country i lived the price is jacked up, to like, USD 13/14, but it was so worth it!!! I have been wearing for 5-6 hours and not a single smudge at all, which blew me away, because I have oily eyelids. I know there had been lots of complaints about how its not opaque enough, not pigmented anough etc, but i find it okay. In fact, I love this for the fact that it is so buildable. I have tried Clinque's cream liner and MAC's blacktrack, and both would usually flake or not look as well when i apply a second layer. With this I can build up to make the perfect neutral or dramatic cat eye! The brush is thin and easy to use(unlike clinque's) and gives you great control, and im so glad they included it in the package. The price Im paying is so jacked up, but the brush and eyeliner makes me not want to care. In fact, Im thinking of getting the charcoal one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by LeezyBeast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, the picture on the package is deceiving. I purchased eggplant or the subtle shimmery purple. The picture shows a super dark purple on a fair skin person. It was way lighter with somewhat a pinker hue. If you flip the package over there is a little peek-a-boo square to see the color/product but there was a sticker covering the color. I was pretty irritated about that, but since I heard great reviews it didn't matter.

Anyways, I liked the product. I use it manly as a base and the color last well. I love the brush as well. So small, but pretty worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by laceandpearls92

This is the only eyeliner I use anymore. I dont even touch any of my other liners. This gel liner is so fantastic! I use it every day, usually for a winged liner on my top lid. I even use it on my waterline and it stays. ALL DAY. on my waterline ladies!! i have sensitive eyes, and wearing it on my waterline doesnt bother me at all. It is a very pigmented product, i have it in black. When I use it on my top lash line, along with a little powder on the lid, it doesnt crease or smear at allll. The color can fade a little throughout the day, but only if its super hot out, or if you go on a water slide:p Its very easy to build up to create an even deeper black color.

The product doesnt dry up in the jar, it stays nice and wet. There is also a decent amount in the container. The brush it comes with is great, but you should clean it out after every use or else it gets stiff and gross.
Go buy it. now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

This turned out to be a really good liner. The brush was surprisingly great, it is perfect to applying the liner. I have found that i must clean the brush after each use with a cleanser otherwise the liner hardens in the brush, making it impossible to use until it is cleaned. The liner stays put all day and does not smudge too easily. I like the look it gives so i will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by purlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Charcoal as a cheaper alternative to my MAC Fluidline Blacktrack.

I do have oily lids and, probably because of that, I found the liner did not adhere to my lids as well as Fluidline does. The liner showed up very sheer on my lids and, I'm used to more of a solid dark line. I did have to go over the line few times to get it where I wanted. Also, the color did not stay on as long as I would have liked.

The price was very affordable and, I did like how it came with a brush.

However, due to oily lids, I will be sticking with the MAC Fluidline in the meantime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by matetsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the mall at 25% off when I was in the run to look out for new stuffs to add on my make-up kit. Found this at an incredible discounted price so I was thinking it might be worth a try. Surely, not just worth a try but definitely a GREAT BUY!

I've been using this eyeliner for almost 5 months and gladly, this is still my first pot. Before, I usually don't go out wearing an eyeliner until Maybelline created such heaven. Such an excellent product. This is my first ever purchase to buy a gel eyeliner and I want to applaud its consistency. It's highly pigmented. I use this one on my upper lids and create that dramatic cat's eyes look. Just make sure you let this one dry for like a minute. The staying power is great. After a long work of 9 hours, the eyeliner was still there. However, I don't recommend this one on the waterline. I really have a "watery" waterline and I've tested out that it smudges on the outer corners of my waterline. That is, in my opinion, the only downside of this product. So what I do to my waterline is that I spread on my Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in brown to create that contrast look.

The brush is such a bonus. Some say the brush isn't that good and that's why they opt for angled brushes or the expensive ones. As for me, the brush is great. If you're not used to it, a little bit of practice does the trick.

I don't need expensive stuff to satisfy what I need and want. It's just a matter of being compatible with a product or what suits you best. For me, this is my HG gel eyeliner. I'm planning to stack up some 2 more pots in black and brown JUST IN CASE Maybelline discontinues them. You know, companies never give notice as to when they will stop a specific product. Who knows? It could be your newly found treasure that's just discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this eyeliner, it does not dry up like many other ones in the market. I find that I can go over with it several times to get a more precise and intense look and it does not end up looking messy. For reference, I have used the MAC fluidline, Bare Essential Lashliner, Wet N Wild and L'Oreal gel eyerliner and this one is my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really like Maybelline products, so I was very exciled whe I saw they came out with this, as I currently use MAC fluidline as my everyday eyeliner and the girl at the counter there told me it doesn't come in a dark brown (although according to their website it says they carry one..maybe they were out but she said it doesnt exist so I wasn't too keen to make a purchase!). Anyways I purchased this in brown, its cheaper than MAC and includes a brush which I think is a wonderful idea, as brushes can be very expensive. This came out very, very sheer, so I can't really use it as an eyeliner. I might try this as a very dark brown eye shadow. I would not repurchase this particular color, but would be interested in trying the black version.