Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 8/14/2010 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this liner! I bought this to replace my Buxom one which I was pretty unhappy with as it really isn't as pigmented as I'd like. This Maybelline one is so much better! (And cheaper!) It's really pigmented and will last all day, even if you go swimming or sweat, but will come off right away with makeup remover. I love this stuff, it's great. I'll defff repurchase :D

on 8/14/2010 9:36:00 PM

I was surprised that this gel liner cooperated with me. A gel eyeliner I tried previously smeared after a few hours but this one did not. I deduct one lippy for the stiffy brush and the dry formulation. I thought it would be smooooth consistency and a more maneuverable brush.

on 8/14/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this, I have it in brown! It looks amazing, the color is extremely similar to MAC's fluidline in the brown color they have. I only purchased it recently and if it dries out in 6 months as the reviews say, it'll be worth it! I got it on sale for $11.00CAD, which is a steal up here! :)

on 8/13/2010 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner is amazing! It's honestly better than the MAC version, which I found flakes after a few hours. This stuff does NOT budge, and it's super dark ( I bought blackest black). Ive worn it while swimming, in the rain and in hot tropical weather. At the end of the day it looks freshly applied. Also, the brush that comes with it is awesome. I expected it to be crap but it works so well with a little practice.

on 8/12/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic. I bought this in black. The lines come out perfectly, although sometimes a little too thick for my liking. I want to try this in eggplant next. The brush is great and the pigmentation is fine after you get down to the colour below the first layer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't know if it's the shimmer in the Charcoal color for this eyeliner but it is just not pigmented enough for me.
The charcoal looks like a very pretty dark, shimmery gray color in the pot but when put on the lashline with one swipe, it's a muddy and light wash of gray. Even with more than 3 swipes of this color it does not do itself any justice. I packed this eyeliner on one day and it faded in a couple hours and sudged in the inner and outer corners.

Maybe I just need to try the black color.

on 8/8/2010 3:04:00 PM

I can't stand pencil eyeliners, and though liquid and I get along sometimes I just don't get the line that I want. I picked this up to give the gel eyeliner a try and I have to say I was amazed! First time around I got an absolutely perfect line like I wanted.

Packaging: The packaging is great. Perfect size pot to carry with you for touch ups if needed.

Brush; Glad to see it came with a brush that was worth keeping around. I haven't had a single problem with it yet.

Eyeliner: Someone mentioned it before - you need to get past the first little layer to actually get into the colour. Once I did I have had no problem with it being as dark as I needed (I bought it in black).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i am really liking this eyeliner. it stays very well. i have an estee lauder gel liner as well but i tend to reach for this one more. it stays extremely well on the waterline as well. it never transfers to my lids either.

for people who have a problem with that, put some black eyeshadow over top of it. i dont have that problem and i love this eyeliner! definitely recommended.

on 8/5/2010 11:16:00 PM

this is absolutely amazing..it stays on like the whole dayy..if u want to wipe if off with a wipe it comes off..i would totally by it its amazing for your top eyelid and lower eyelid..i wouldnt really put it on the inner eyelid..but its absolutely amazing

on 8/5/2010 8:33:00 AM

This product is mediocre, its not GREAT, and its not horrible. I have the Charcol Charbon,and its not harsh looking, its just right; so in terms of color its great. The packaging is really cute, simple, easy access, easy to carry around, and comes with a nice brush. But it doesn't last all day, or maybe even after 4 hours it kind of smears, or wears off. The reason I bought a Gel eyeliner is so that I wouldn't have any smears, so that my eyes just look nice, simple, clean, and fresh, But because it smears, I don't 100% like it. I feel that there are other Gel eyeliners I could definitely try, than rather repurchasing this item.

Video Reviews & Tutorials