October 21, 2014 | 2078 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Duster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off the color Siberia is as close to my natural skin as I've ever found in 30+ years of wearing makeup. This color is close to perfect for me, while foundation colors in general, even the lightest shade, are too dark, yellow, pink or orange. Sheer glow moisturizes lightly, has medium coverage and is very concentrated; 2 drops do your whole face. You can build to heavy coverage if needed. I think to be 'sheer' you'd have to use a damp sponge; I use a brush. It has average staying power and be warned, does not do well over anything heavy or oily, it will not go on well. I will buy again as this is the best foundation I've found to date. Do not like the glass bottle with twist off cap;easy to break, hard to use.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sarahshipley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product approx one month ago (after a recommendation from lollipop 26) I brought Medium 4, Barcelona. I had previously been using a Chanel liquid foundation product,(lumiere) but this was making me look very "made up" and was quite chalky and heavy, I have quite poor skin, (ie, enlarged pores & greasy) so I was worried that this won't give me enough coverage or would heighten the greasy look of my skin, however I love it !!! It gives enough coverage, it doesn't look greasy, and looks very natural, (even I have to look close to see I,m wearing it !!) It gives the most natural looking coverage of anything I have ever tried, and I can't imagine ever buying anything else again, will definately be re-purchasing (in bulk !!!)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

Pros:
light weight
good colour match (NC20 = mont blanc)
beautiful finish

Cons:
price!!
no pump
broke me out

Overall I don't hate this product, I just don't love it. I actually had a lot of trouble blending it with a foundation brush but once I switched to my beauty blender it went on fine. I know the coverage is supossed to be light-medium but I was unimpressed. My skin is clear with a few light marks from acne that are usually easily covered. I would say this gives slightly better coverage than most drugstore foundations and that was with several layers. The satin finish is gorgeous. It looks like skin and feels weightless. Just for that I would have kept it except for that once I took it off after 7 hours or so my face was covered in tiny red bumps that were on the way to becoming full fledged zits!! IMO, not worth the $50CDN. Agree that for the price NARS could include a pump. So so sad I can't love this product as it seems to have really amazing potential but pizza face is not for me so back to Sephora this goes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got matched to Deue...Deauville in the original NARS foundation.
So I just picked this up in the same shade in Sheer Glow.

Now my skin is problematic.
It's dehydrated oily skin? Acne prone. With suuuper problems in the winter. (Super dry in Canada)

I love this on my cheeks, and everywhere that is not dry.
On dry skin, it emphasizes it amazingly .. horribly.

It does make you feel hydrated.
The foundation itself is a runny consistency, with no pump.
The lid/top doesn't even close properly, which is odd..

It's not worth it for me, because of my dry skin, but I would think this would be great for oily skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 6:15:00 AM More reviews by 08Emily89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oily skins CAN use this! I got a sample of this in barcelona which is a bit too peachy for me but still an okay match. I used to use mac studio fix fluid which was so sticky and made my face a tacky oily mess but i just stuck with it due to the good colour match (nc35). After reading reviews on this i read so many people were saying you don't need bronzer or blush and i was like "why not?" but after trying this out i totally get it, it highlights all the right places. AND this controlled my oil all day! and it's not even a oil controlling foundation. I'll definately be buying this in "stromboli" which is a perfect match!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I'm reviewing the shade Stromboli...and I'm loving this product! I use a Sephora stippling brush and pat, pat, pat away. Gives an amazing and flawless air-brushed look. I could actually go without bronzer or brush while wearing this product. This foundation makes my skin glow while looking natural. I'm so happy with this purchase.

Edit: I've been using this daily for quite some time now. It has not broken me out and I still love it just as much as when I first got it. HG status for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mari42000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I jumped on the ban wagon because everyone was talking about this foundation I have to say it totally broke me out. I am acne prone and just 3 weeks ago I was acne free until I started using this foundation and now I can't get my skin back on track. However the color I got was spot on so that is the only good thing about the foundation.
Edit- I got my acne under control and wanted to give this another go I have been using it for the past 3 months and its been perfect. I have been using this foundation with the cover fx primer and my makeup comes out flawless I also apply the foundation with the MAC 109 brush. No more break outs..yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Crump360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a few months and I think that this is a great foundation. Although (for me) it is not the best but I really do like using it. I got this in Cadiz which matches my palish winter skin. I like liquid foundation that has buildable coverage and this foundation can be used excatly in this way. It is easy to blend and gives great coverage in my opinion. I have found great results using a foundation brush, my fingers and a sponage. It feels very light on the skin and covers imperfections flawlessly. Also, not a lot of product is needed for good coverage. I much prefer this foundation to their other NARS varieties (such as the firming foundation and the sheer matte foundation which was too light for me in the Cadiz color). NARS has definately stepped up it color game and added a bunch of new colors (esspecially for us women of color) to the Sheer Glow and Matte foundations to ensure the perfect color match. Because of the sheerness of the foundation, most people will be able to find a color that will work with their skin tone.

But like I said before this is not the best foundation I have ever used. It does need to be retouched by the afternoon, so the staying power is not incredible but very typical of most foundation (at least on my combination skin). Also, I think the name of this ("sheer glow") is misleading. Although I think that this foundation is sheer and buildable, it does not give you a "glow". There is no brightening affect with this foundation (but that is not saying that you are not going to get a flawless finish). I think that is why people are disspointed by this foundation, because they expect it to live up to its name. Also, I hate that there is no pump because it makes the bottle a little messy but it does not irritate me all that much. Overall, I would recommend and purchase again. I prefer light foundations that have sheer buildable coverage and this foundation fits the bill, but if you are looking for heavier full coverage, with light refecting particles to give you that so called "glow". This is not it, and good luck finding that foundation.
UPDATE (3/26/2010)****
I added another lippy to make 5 lippies! This foundation has great lasting power! I applied it this morning before work 730am and 8 hours later I haven't needed to touch up. Also, I feel like it helps to keep my blush from fading away as well, LOVE THIS STUFF. SO FAR THE BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE USED.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by heebz9984

Def HG material! this foundation makes you look very natural.

Now the name is a little misleading. Me being a girl with oily skin bought this a honestly didn't think I would like it. When I heard "sheer glow", I thought that this would not cover any of my redness and would make me look like a oily slick. But trying it, I am very very happy with it. I looks natural on. You can apply it with your fingers and well as a wet sponge. It covered me redness completely. It does not make any expression lines stand out. It last a while, but not a long as my day (which is 13 hours) but what does. After about 6 hours it makes my skin look alittle oily, but not WHOAH OILY SLICK LIKE. It makes it look like I am glowing. It is made for normal skin. It has not caused my acne prone skin to break out. This might be HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Lulette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using Mac Face & Body for over a year and with a waning loyalty to it, and after numerous rave reviews for Nars Sheer Glow, I decided to give it a try. I found my match in "Barcelona". Pros: the color is spot on for my tanned olive complexion, and blends beautifully. A little goes a long way with this foundation, though even when layered it still appears natural and provides good coverage. Cons: It can be drying, and it will highlight flakes if I don't use a good moisterizing base. Overall, this is the best foundation I have used as it looks natural and wears extremely well.