August 27, 2014 | 1792 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by draginl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was scared to use this, since I don't want anything resembling a shine on my face. I have combo skin that can get very oily as the day goes on. I tried the Sheer Matte with a beauty blender and I found that it is wayyyyy too time consuming for me in the am. It definitely keeps your skin matte all day but it is somewhat drying and difficult to work with. My skin is too dry in the am and too oily at night. If anything, I loved the little extra moisture the Sheer Glow gave me. Kept my oil glands from working overtime to compensate for morning dryness.

I LOVE SHEER GLOW. I have it in Ceylan and at first I thought it was a little yellow, but after it sets, it looks great. A little goes a very long way! I haven't tried to build the coverage. IMO I think that would ruin the intended finish. I bought Punjab for the Sheer Matte. The Sheer Glow foundations are slightly darker than the Sheer Matte's so you definitely have to be careful. It is best to try them out in a few different lights (store lighting vs. natural lighting). The Sheer Glow doesn't look or feel like I am wearing anything. Honestly, at the end of my work day (9am-6pm) I do see some shine, but that's just my oily skin building up throughout the day. I have somewhat better results shine-wise with the Sheer Matte, but not enough that I would stick with it every morning. Besides, at the end of the day, I can definitely do a blot or two and it works fine. The Sheer Glow stays in place. My routine in the am: moisturize well, apply Lorac aquaPRIME, apply Clinique Pore Minimizer Tzone Shine Control (my oily skin HG) and THEN the Sheer Glow. The aquaPRIME is a water-based primer. Since Sheer Glow is a water-based foundation, they work really well together. It probably seems like a lot of stuff to be putting on your skin in the morning but my skin gets really oily throughout the day, UNLESS I use these products. With this stuff, my skin doesn't start getting oily until about 3 or 4.

The packaging is HORRIFIC. I always dump too much out onto my hand. They definitely have a pump now but I didn't know that when I picked this up at Sephora and no one there offered me the option.

I absolutely HATE liquid foundation, I've never found one that I liked. But Sheer Glow has completely changed my everyday look and my morning makeup routine. I apply it with a kabuki brush and buff it into my skin. Super super easy, super blendable, super fast. The best part about it is it's ability to make your skin look fantastic in any light. I work in an office with big windows in LA, so sometimes I'm under those awful flourescent lights and sometimes I'm in a huge conference room with tons of bright, natural sunlight. This foundation doesn't discriminate with lighting, it looks flawless consistently. I still use my Cargo concealer (HG) with this for undereye circles and blemishes, because it is light-medium coverage foundation. Also, no breakouts so far and I've been using this for two weeks!

Never tried Sheer Glow at night. If I go out, it's usually to a club and I don't think this stuff would hold up very well with any sweat or too much moisture like that. It may, but I'm still getting over my liquid foundation phobia and I feel safer not using it. I still use my Clinique Pore Perfector primer (the darker shade) and my Bare Minerals Matte foundation for nights out.

Bottom line, dont let the "Glow" name turn you off, oily girls. It turned me off and I'm definitely sorry it took me so long to try it. I feel like it is the only liquid foundation I will ever need!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by babielylien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay let me just start by saying I live in Canada, that means at this foundation cost me 55 dollars at Sephora and I would still buy it again! I LOVE this foundation, I don't wear foundation often anymore mostly tinted moisturizers, but when i first tried this with a stippling brush Oh my god I was in love! it made my skin look flawless much but more natural than my lets say colour stay. It has a slight dewy look and it looks amazing it felt so light on my skin and literally after I put it on my mouth dropped. Love this stuff!oh and claims that it improves skin over time doesnt hurt haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The packaging does have a few well-known downsizes downsides. No pump, that's not really handy. A misleading name: it's not sheer nor particularly glowy, so I didn't really know what finish to expect. A runny formulation, so you need to apply with a brush. But don't let this turn you off!

First time I used it, I applied with a 190 foundation brush on top of my Korres silicone free primer. And it was just OK, nice but not exceptional. I was a bit disappointed.
Then I tried it again without putting a primer underneath, and applying quickly with my 182 kabuki brush (which is the fastest way ever to apply liquid foundation). I still wasn't amazed but by the time I had applied my concealer, I noticed the foundation had set and...Bham! Perfect, flawless skin. I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the mirror.
I added Mac Mineralize Skinfinsh powder on top and left the bathroom satisfied.

Satisfaction turned into happiness when I looked at my reflection again after 8 hours at the office, and my face was close to flawless - which never happens for me after so long.

I decided to be cautious because sometimes I have one or two lucky days with a new foundation and then it doesn't work so good anymore, maybe because my skin adjusts to it and find new ways to bother me.
Well, not this time! I've been wearing it again and again and it looks perfect. And it combines perfectly with my Mac MSF. I don't use any primer and still, not a square inch of my foundation has moved by the end of the day.

I would say the finish is satiny, certainly not matte nor glowy, but it makes my skin look very luminous and brightened. I got the shade Gobi and it is a very good match for me, (I'm NC15, neutral/warm) which is very nice - no hard blending down the neck work. The coverage is definitely medium and I can build it easily on my red areas to get a perfect coverage.
I think Nars Sheer Glow does compare with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, which I love, but with more coverage and more lasting power. I can already say I'm giving a Holy Grail status to this product!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great on evening out skin tone and texture. covers pores immaculately, which i found so surprising bc usually i have to wear primer! got in in ceylan, which matches my light skin great but will want to go a shade or 2 darker in the summer. I recommend not just testing it on your hand bc when i did i thought that ceylan was going to be way too dark but it ended up great. It doesn't dry out my dry skin either!

This is the first time I have used liquid makeup (I was a BE superfan for many years until recently I could tell the quality of the product had cheapened!) but I am extremely happy with it and the coverage. This with a little bit of Laura Mercier mineral powder and a hint of orgasm is the perfect winter skin look!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My color is Punjab and the product is okay. Lasting power is amazing, I didn't need to touch it up. The color matched my skin perfectly, too. The only downside is that after a couple of days of wearing it, my skin had a little break out of small bumps around my chin and cheeks. The formula felt moisturizing on my dry skin and melted right in. I did need to put two coats on, something I've never had to do, to get a medium coverage. I tried applying it with a kabuki brush, my fingers, and a sponge. Fingers work the best IMO. Because of that I won't be buying this again. For the price I can get Dior Skin Nude which is a far better foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this foundation so far. My shade is Siberia which is the lightest Nars offers and it matches my skintone so well. It's hard to find pale foundations that are completely neutral without a pink undertone, but this one looks great on me.

The consistency is quite thin and fluid-like. A lot of people are comparing it to MUFE HD but I find it even a bit thinner than that. I've tried several different brushes to apply it but I think it looks best when blended in with my fingers.

I would say it gives a medium coverage at most. It's enough to even out the skintone and cover redness but I wouldn't use this foundation if I were experiencing a breakout. If you have blemishes, you'll definitely need a concealer.

I love the finish this gives my skin. When the sun hits my face, I just look glowing... not dewy or shiny, just a natural glow that real skin exudes. I don't look powdery or overly matte either. It's just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by joxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this the best foundation ive used in a long time!!!easy to apply warming it up in your palm then applying with fingers.it light and creamy and gives you a beautiful glow.i am a oily skin and i love this.i use murad oil free matifer and murad age perfecting serum as my primer.....amazing results.i wish it had pump...a little goes along way.my skin looks flawless using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by user1988

As of right now it's my most reached for foundation, this covers beautifully without looking too heavy unlike the Matte version. I actually prefer this over my YSL Teint Resist foundation. Just wish this came with a pump, sometimes I pour a bit too much product so it goes to waste.

Not to mention this lasts all day long, doesn't separate, stays put with very minor touch ups during the day. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveandsoul

HI everyone, i purchased this foundation about three weeks ago, when i bought it the SA matched me to STROBALINI [medium#3] it was wayyy to yellow!! IM A BEIGE 2.0 IN CHANEL and nc25,30 in mac. I went back and i matched myself to PUNJAB [medium1] it matches perfect love it!
I have real sensitive skin and break out easy this hasnt made me break out or made my skin irrtated. ITs more of a medium coverage wich was perfect for me. The only con is i have to blend it alot beacuse it sets in my pores!! love love love when paired with the nars primer its amaz!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE NARS!!!!
ps. not afill,JUST A HAPPY Customer

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I matches my skin perfectly I'm normally NC20 in the winter and the shade deauville matches perfectly. The coverage is med-full which is what I like. If I want more sheer I'll used a damp sponge to apply. I haven't had any problems with getting greasier or shiny through the day. Probably because I always use the Shiseido spf 55 lotion on my T-zone as a mattifying primer. It wears very well without being cakey. However if u wear more than 9 hours I notices it pools a little but nothing a little blotting and blending won't take care of. Overall I like it a lot and it's becoming one of my HGs.

Packaging could be better with a pump. Otherwise I like the glass bottle.

Updated 6/26/10: The shade Deauville is too light for me in the summer and as the weather gets warmer I notice that it melts a little or gets cakey. I'm oily and my sister is dry and we both wear the same foundation and I notice the same effect on both of us that it gets cakey

Update 4/18/2010: I found out if I only use a little bit of it instead of a lot it takes away the cakeyness and looks less mask-like and more natural looking. Using fingers to apply is a must for natural finish, using a brush makes it mask-like

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No