April 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by baivanua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly excellent foundation. I have it in Punjab which is a pretty good match for my skin tone.

I don't really wear foundation much and am not a fan due to years of ballet concerts and pancake makeup. However every now and again I like the coverage of foundation.

I was given a sample of Nars sheerglow at Mecca and was very impressed, excellent coverage, the light acne scars on my cheek were covered, didn't do a bad job with undereye circles either. However the finish is what made me buy it, It looked like no other foundation I had tried (to be fair I haven't tried many). It was very natural, with a bit of a glow but still quite matte, which I found impresive. Lasting power was good on my oily skin. Given my oily skin I was actually really suprised by how well it worked. If this had looked anything like foundation I would not have gone out and bought it. It doesn't, it looks like perfect skin.

It does tend to sink into my pores so I am experimenting with primers at the moment, nars primer seems to help.

All in all, on days when I want that perfect, porcelain look I use this. Can't recommend this enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by SaveOurBluths

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really, really, REALLY wanted to love this stuff. I pined for it for months before I was able to track it down at my Sephora. When I finally got my hands on it, I tried desparately every way I could think of to make it work for my dry, sensitive skin. Unfortunately, no matter which application method I tried (brushes, fingers, sponge, damp sponge, peep, straight up or mixed with moisturizer) my skin is just too dry for this foundation. It looked cakey and powdery and accentuated all my little dry spots. I think this would be a completely lovely foundation for girls with oily, normal, or combo skin, but for someone truly dry, I don't see it working - at least not at this time of year. On a more positive note for sensitive-skinned girls, it didn't bother my freakishly reactive skin at all, despite me putting it on and taking it off obsessively several times a day.

A heads up about shades - I am NC25 and found that Deauville and Ceylan were the best colors for me, but both were a tad too light. These two shades are the exact same level (of darkness/lightness); Ceylan is just a tad more yellow. Honestly, when I swatched them side to side, I couldn't tell the difference between the two (see Karlasugar's swatches and you'll see what I mean). Only when I held up the bottles away from my skin could I see that Ceylan was just a smidge more yellow. Both are very yellow, however, and like I said, just a bit too light for NC25.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It provides medium to full coverage but is so light on the skin. I have the shade Mont Blanc which is perfect for me. I found Siberia to be too chalky white and Deauville to be too yellow.
The price is high at $42 for a bottle, but I bought it during a Friends and Family sale so I ended up paying $34 for it.
The packaging leaves much to be desired. I wish they put a pump on it.
I have dry skin and this foundation ends up drying my skin out even more. As the day wears on my skin becomes flaky and patchy looking. Not pretty. I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry skin. BB creams (Asian ones like Skin79) work MUCH better on dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by jamalana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I don't think I've ever tried a foundation that made such an impact on my complexion. I prefer light to medium coverage, and I hate when I can tell I'm wearing foundation. My everyday foundation is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. But lately, I've been wanting a little more coverage under my eyes and around my nose. I tried out MUFE F&B (less coverage than LM TM), MUFE HD (too drying, more coverage than Sheer Glow), and Nars Sheer Glow. I don't know how it's accomplished, but I use barely a pea-sized drop or two to cover my entire face, and the end result is that my skin looks incredibly even and glowing. It does seem to mattify my skin a little, yet somehow adds a lovely glow.

The only negative I will add is that I had trouble finding an exact match. I chose Stromboli, which seems a tad light and a bit too yellow, but the next choices up (Tahoe--yellow-orange, Syracuse--orangey-pink) were way too dark. My two local Sephoras didn't have Sheer Glow in yet, so I tested the colors using the Firming Foundation and ordered online...bad idea! The colors are very different between the two types. In the Firming Foundation, I had a pretty good match for either Tahoe or Syracuse in terms of depth; only the undertones differed between them. But the Sheer Glow runs much, much darker than the Firming Foundation. I was shocked at how different the shades were despite having the same names. I wish Sheer Glow had more neutral undertones like MUFE rather than being so yellow and orangey.
Then I would consider Sheer Glow perfect.

EDITED TO ADD: I found a better color match in the shade Barcelona =) It's a tiny bit deeper than Stromboli, and not as yellow. I'm not sure how I skipped this shade initially; I think that I thought it looked too light or too pink in the bottle based on the Firming Foundation. Very happy with this foundation!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by browncaramel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the finish of this foundation i bought macco it is a medium brown with yellow undertones just perfect for my caramel brown skin. it looks dewy kinda remind me of stila powder foundation i use 80 watt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by raspy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Barcelona and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! The consistency makes it very easy to work with giving me a flawless face. The glow factor is amazing; my dude friend who knows nothing about makeup told me "your face is glowing", "oh, it might be because of my Sheer Glow Foundation" I replied ;). The only downer is the price...I was lucky enough to purchase this on a blog sale, so i got it on the cheap. However, I will continue to purchase this foundation, it's that amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

JUST AMAZING. I have over 20 foundations and they are all very high end. I have LM, BB, Dior, Besame, MUFE, Chanel, Lorac, Stila, Mac, Estee Lauder, Lancome and so many , many , more.
I can go on FOREVER. And not to mention the dozens of TM I have.
After all the raves I needed to try this foundation so I went to my local Sephora and got this in Dueville (I wanted Mont Blanc but this was the 2nd lightest they had. The first was Siberia). Anywhoooo. The color match was OK (I think I am going to get Siberia to mix with this one)
I wore this for a few weeks so that I can write a fair review. And I have to say I adore this foundation. I have Normal skin that sometimes gets dry from Retinol. And this foundation is just amazing. It feels weightless on the skin and gives medium to full coverage. It lasts almost 6 hrs on me without primer. And over 10 hrs with Skindenavia over it.
It looks great. Covers flaws. Makes my skin look great.
WORTH EVERY SINGLE SCENT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by doreenk

I got this in Santa Fe and been using this for a good 5 weeks. The consistency is quite watery thus easy to blend and provides good coverage though this foundation is considered sheer. I would prefer the bottle comes with a pump like the sample in the store. What I love about this foundation is the dewy finish. My face looks fresh and radiance when wearing this. The only one problem I have with this foundation is it streaks. I have to remember not to touch my face whenever I am wearing this otherwise I would see streaks of foundation all over my face. I am not sure if I would buy this again as it is quite expensive. I believe I would come across a better one when (or even before) I finish the whole bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I LOVE this foundation, and I dont usually like nars stuff at all esp their foundations! Well, anyway this foundation is amazing for me. I like medium coverage and I have been using LM silk creme foundation for around 6 months now and it was my new HG until i came across this one. This foundation gives a medium-med/high coverage and even after i put a few layers of it on for a night out, u still dont get that masky cakey look (that i do get with the LM if i over do it) This one however looks so natural. Its especially amazing for day. It reminds me of a dior foundation they had and discontined some time ago...the light glowy one everyone loved, sorry i forgot the name! It gives me a beautiful glow that is not too over the top shiny, which i like because the ultra matte foundations are not for me. I have it in shade barcalona which is perfect for my nc30-35 ish skin. But the shade down i think would also work for me for day, not night as i like to have a little more colour for night. Im very suprised as I have never liked nars foundations but this one really is a very nice product. Oh, and by the way, today I was in a taxi going home from a beauty salon, and the taxi driver asked me what i had 'done;...i said just my nails and he said that my 'make up looks amazing' and he thought i had gone in their to get my make up professionally done! This is coming from a guy! :) Then a few days ago a random girl came upto me in starbucks and said my skn looked great and what was i using...so...this must be a good thing!!!!! The only other time ive had these odd comments was with faux cils and i think LM foundation...:)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have this in Gobi (Dillards, Sephora didn't have it) and it is a perfect match, tones down the pink tones in my skin and actually matches my skin tone. I use this over Korres primer and it stays all day and really does give you glowing skin. On my fair skin Gobi and NARS Vanilla concealer work wonders. Hello, NARS, how 'bout a pump for this foundation?! Edit 12/20/2009: Still loving this foundation, especially when dotted on and buffed in with my ED flat-top kabuki, flawless.