July 25, 2014 | 1796 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by seizingthelight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: coverage is buildable, not cakey, does not break me out, stays true to the color and does not turn orange over time, long-lasting
Cons: expensive

I have not tried many foundation but this comes pretty close to perfection for me. The coverage can be light to heavy, depending on how much you apply. I use a foundation brush to apply and it goes on smoothly. Lasts for a good part of the day and does not break me out. I have oily skin and the color stays true all day, does not turn orange. It's costly but if you're like me who does not wear foundation every day, it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by ncolnuguid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is amazing <3 I am about an NC40 at mac and the color match on this is flawless. I use my own primer instead of the MUFE one because it makes me break out. i apply the foundation on my hand first then use a foundation brush to apply it on my face. It gives great coverage and lasts all day. I find it to be a bit pricey but worth it. I would totally buy this product again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by setsuko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG material right here. I'm about an NC20, and I got 120. I've never had a better color match in my life! It looks wonderful, wears very well, and hasn't broken out my very sensitive, combination skin. In fact, I think my skin has gotten better since I started using it! Light to Medium coverage, buildable, great packaging. I only need 1.5-2 pumps to cover my whole face quite well (I use a foundation brush), so I think it should last a long time. It is particularly good at disguising small bumps and other textural imperfects--it really smooths everything out!

Give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by AMARIS178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I use 123. Its pricey but it seems like it would last a long time, makes my skin look flawless and even, and i love how the bottle looks

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

i was so excited to try this foundation because of how many people rave about it, but i was disappointed. Im on the extremely light end of the spectrum and couldnt find a match (so sick of getting close but not close enough!). Plus it was kinda pricey and I wasnt a fan of the consistency. Another lemming killed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I absolutely adore MUFE's HD Foundation. It's everything I want and need in a foundation - lightweight, non-greasy, natural-looking, buildable, blendable, and long-wearing. It truly looks and feels silky and like a second skin, not like you've piled on foundation. Just one pump of this covers my whole face evenly and beautifully, and lasts for ages and ages. My skin is basically clear and totally even, but it still makes everything look 1000x better.

I also love that the foundation blends in completely seamlessly and totally with my skin color. I am a MAC NC20, and in this I'm 117. I was shocked with how perfect a match it really is. No longer do I need to obsessively worry if my face looks different from the rest of my body! People never say "wow, your makeup looks great!" It's always "wow, your SKIN look great!" and that is just another reason I adore this product.

To me, for the quality of the product, and the very little amount I need to use each time, $40 is a steal. I've used plenty other foundations that were much more expensive and didn't come close to the perfection of MUFE HD Foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this foundations...however it blows chunks. It felt thick and cakey on my face...it turned me into a giant zit when worn for one day. It got greasy with different primers underneath (MUFE HD primer, UD brightening primer, Photo Finish). Maybe great for print/photo makeup but definitely not an every day wear. Ugh! Want over. I am using Lorac Breakthrough Performance or Face Atelier now.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by wl1000jae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I wish I liked this product. First of all, price is very expensive [40 bucks for foundation] but the color match was just perfect for my yellow asian skin. I think I bought 120. It's actually pretty matte and the coverage wasn't that good but it can be certainly build up to it. However, I don't know if it's this or HD High Definition loose powder, it broke me out horribly!!! It gave me cystic acnes to my cheeks and chin...I've been clear for few months and now I'm back to the acne cycle again :( I was soo sad. I immediately returned the two products. I'm just hoping for my face to clear up again...sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I finally bit the proverbial bullet and bought this. When it first came out I tested it on my hand and thinking that it was way too thick, I passed it over.

Not too long ago, I was at the MUFE counter without any makeup on (shocking! but it was pouring rain so it's all good) and on a whim I asked the Sales Assistant to color match me (lets face it, higher numbers can be lighter, just with a different color base, so it's not like it makes a whole lot of sense!!). She matched me at 128 and put some on my right cheek and down to my jaw. I looked in the mirror and it was a dead on match for my NC30 skin. I honestly could not tell I was wearing any makeup aside from the fact that that part of my face looked a LOT better; more even toned, glowy, and just over-all better.

I've worn this every day since and it has not disappointed. I live in Amsterdam where it's usually rainy, sometimes cold pouring rain, sometimes humid mist and I travel using a bicycle twice per day... It has never ran down my face, gotten goupy, cakey, or anything else. When I'm home at 6pm, after having this on for 11 hours (set with HD powder, nor not), traveling on a bicycle in the rain, working all day, back home by bicycle, etc... it's still good as new. I've even made it the 2x I've tried in a steambath of a nightclub, dancing until 3am... I didn't even need to blot!

MUFE hardly ever disappoints and this was definitely not a disappointment! Will def purchase again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for a while, and I LOVE IT! Coverage is great, and lasts forever. I don't even have to use a lot of product, either. I bought this when I ran out of MAC studio tech, and well.. this is my new go-to foundation for sure.