April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

So upon reading all the reviews, I simply had to try this product. I am quite impressed. This is the most perfect color match I have found in a foundation. I am about a MAC 30, but sometimes their foundations run too yellow for me- and I am asian!!

The 120 was a perfect match in this. Gives a full, yet remarkable natural coverage. And I do love the pump with a cap packaging.

Loving this product- only wish it wasnt $40 a pop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I tried a sample of this from Sephora and was matched with #125. The color matched wonderfully but unfortunately I hate this foundation.

I found it to be mask like or thick. I always apply moisturizer and primer beforehand. I tried using less product, applying, blending it with a brush, sponge and my fingers. I still experienced the same. I returned this product to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by citizendumonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Everything that's great in a foundation:

- perfect color that looks like your real skin (for me, because I have yellow undertones even though I am fair)
- blendable satin gel texture
- stays true all day
- not oily, doesn't cause breakouts
- a little goes along way
- it's goof-proof
- it's not harsh, so i can even use it as undereye concealer (over my eye cream) on days when I don't wake up like a sleepless zombie

The price is also reasonable (under $50). I hope I can find 118 here in Switzerland or at Sephora in Milan!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm 120 Soft Sand (MAC NC25). I like this in combination with MAC prep & prime along with UD 24 set spray!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by born2bbrunette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product! I have redness in my face that I do not have on my neck. I bought this foundation in flesh since it has a beige undertone. It lets my natural skin show, while covering the unwanted redness. I did not believe there was a product like this out there, but I absolutely love this. Will buy again and again and again! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by JSMcCulloch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this at Sephora and liked the coverage a lot. Unfortunately the color was too dark but since I liked the sample enough, I will be purchasing it. Don't think it's HG status but I will update once I purchase a full bottle and get through some of it.
Update: I tried MAC's Face and Body which I liked much more than this. I will be purchasing that instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by amcvicker1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be a downer, I usually only write reviews about products I love, but this foundation did not work for me :(. I got matched at Sephora and it looked great in the store! I was so excited to wear it to class the next day, but when I looked at my face in the mirror at school, I was sooo upset! It looked like I had a pink, oily mask/layer on my skin I could probably just peel off! The color oxidized super pinky (not flattering on my already cool skin)...and it wasn't a glow or a dewy look, it was a complete oil slick (on my DRY skin). The finish to this foundation seemed like a cheap drugstore foundation to me. If the product wouldn't have been so expensive, I don't think I would have disliked it as much :(. It was very full coverage on me, and I prefer a light coverage. If you like a full coverage and can find your color match, it may be a great foundation for you! I sadly had to return the next day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by fihe

ehh...I got this stuff in a generously-sized sample from Sephora, so I've used it quite a few times and gotten to see how it works on my skin. I guess that means I can write a review on it.

well, I REALLY wanted to love this makeup because I heard great things about it, but it didn't seem to work well on me. granted, I was using way too much at first, causing it to get cakey, but even after I mastered the application technique, it would look weird on my face, melting off in the oily/sweaty parts and highlighting the dry patches. I have combination skin, so I was thinking this product would work, but apparently not. I use mostly drugstore makeup but was looking for a good high-end foundation, but I refuse to spend upwards of $40 on a foundation that will make my face look less than perfect -_- what a shame.

UPDATE 11/30/10: I have been using Revlon PhotoReady for the past month or two and I find that it has the same weird effect on my skin as this MUFE HD (except PhotoReady has sparkles, which I don't mind). maybe I'm just dumb with liquid foundation application. nevertheless, if a $10 foundation works just as well, I'm sticking with that. also, the MUFE shade 117 I had tried was too yellow, and the other ones in its range were too pink or just too dark. Oh dear!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for a few weeks now in shade #125. I really like this foundation. I find that a little goes a long way, and it has light, weightless feeling on the skin but buildable coverage. I think it blends really well, has decent staying power and definitely looks nice in photographs. The shade selection is great IMO and this is probably the first time I have ever been really happy with the color match of any foundation. So, for that alone this is a definite re-purchase for me. I really want to try the HD powder now too.

The packaging is really annoying, the pump is good but that stupid colored cylinder inside doesn't allow you to see how much you have left. I hope they fix that somehow. 1 lippie off for ridiculous packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jostajoe

This foundation is my new favourite!

Granted, I have never been a foundation girl. I've had probably no more than 6 liquid foundations since my senior prom when I bought my first foundation. Clinique, Prescriptives, Lancome, Mac were the brands I used to have for the past 10 years. Nothing ever stood out, but the foundations all did the job whenever I had to go to parties or to special events.

Now that I'm shopping for great makeup for my wedding, I am determined to get the best for the money. I have used the MUFE's HD foundation for the past 2 weeks on and off, and I have to say this is by far the best foundation I have owned.

The foundation gives a medium coverage, but it is buildable. I have ok skin condition to begin with, so I don't need a whole lot of product anyway. However, I recommend people to use less than a pump for the entire face. Put on a sheer layer, then build up on the areas where they need more attention. For my breakouts and places where I have discoloration, I use a creamy concealer stick to conceal then dust my face with very sheer powder. The foundation lasts all day long, and I barely need to do any touch up during the day.

For as long as people use the appropriate amount, this foundation is a darling! $40 for a bottle seems pretty pricey, but since I only that tiny little bit of product, this is going to last me for a very long time. The only thing is, will I re-purchase it? Maybe not. After all, the foundation is not cheap! Throughout my quest in finding great wedding makeup, I have found lots of alternatives with reasonable price tags. As much as I like this foundation, but I will have to let it go once I finish my bottle. :)