November 27, 2014 | 1265 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This didn't live up to the hype for me. It caked around blemishes and looked dry on my face. The coverage is not amazing. I have to put it on reallly lightly, like spot application to get a natural look. If I put too much on I look weird, even though my shade is right. I also don't think that it lasts very long on your face and is too drying for my skin. I also think it might be breaking me out if I leave it on too long. I prefer the face and body foundation to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have really been loving this foundation! I have dry skin and I'm NC15. I got shade 117.

I haven't taken any photos with it yet, so I'm not sure how great of an HD effect it will have (will update once I do). I read other reviews before buying and noticed that one of the major cons is that it has poor staying power. I've not sure about it because every time I have used this I have applied a primer (MUFE HD primer) and a powder (MAC MSFN) and it lasts all day for me. This is medium coverage, which I don't need a full coverage foundation anyway.I apply it with my sigma F80. I love the finish this gives me! It's dewy and makes my skin look flawless. The best part is that it looks like MY skin, not makeup!

Pros- Packaging is great, dewy finish but doesn't make your skin look oily, wide shade selection, it looks like skin, it makes my skin look perfect!

Cons- price ($40 is a lot for one foundation), doesn't last long.

Bottom line- It is a great foundation. It's perfect for me but I would NOT buy this if you have oily skin,are looking for a full coverage foundation, or if you like a matte finish.
This has replaced my revlon colorstay and is now my new HG. The only thing that would hold me back from buying again is the $40 price tag, but I know it's worth it so I will!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chloexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased the HD foundation for use in the winter. I usually use mineral but I find my face is to dry in the colder weather. So far I am loving it. I chose 117 and it is an exact match! It is the first time I have had a foundation match so well. I find applying with my fingers creates the most natural look for my skin. I will repurchase but will probably go back the BE in the warmer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color match was great (Im NC 25 and got #120) but it never really "stuck" to my skin. BTW I have fairly clear normal skin. I feel that this foundation staying power is horrible. Within 2 hours it looked patchy (even when setting with powder) and by the end of the day it was completely off. Thank goodness I didn't give up on Make up forever foundations. I ended up trying the Face and Body one and I loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by missmcdermott1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this foudation, it looks so natural like your not even wearing makeup as long as you dont layer it. Using the stippling effect work best for an airbrush look. I've been using this for a month and it has not made me break out! This does accentuate dry areas though. Perfect color match. My foundation search is over!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Julianne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would call this foundation average. I have combination skin with a oily t-zone. This applies well (I use a stippling brush) but does not adhere well to my t-zone after a few hours of wear.

The closest color match I could find was 120. I am about an NW 25. The 120 is a little more yellow, but I don't mind because it evens out my redness. The upside is that it blends well and you don't need a ton of product. A bottle lasts me about 2-3 months. It has a pump, which is also a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, but it's nothing super special. It's more of a sheer coverage than medium or full, but that's only with one layer of the foundation on (one pump). If you need more coverage than that, which I do, then you can definitely add more, but that's when it starts to look noticable and cakey. I got it in the shade 115, and I'm a MAC NW15/20. The shade is a perfect match for me. It doesn't last as long as other foundations I've used, even with a primer (Smashbox Photofinish), powder (MSFN), and setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter). It does photograph really well though. I do not like the price tag for how much you get, and with the average results of this. I prefer my Dream Matte Mousse foundation instead, it gives better results for less than a quarter of the price. This foundation works, if you want to spend the money, but I don't.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pretties19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have acne prone oily skin, if you have the same skin type as me do not, I repeat do not buy this foundation. Even after applying an oily control gel I was oily a few hours after applying. Not to mention the coverage is less than good. Even when applied with a brush, the coverage isnt what I would expect from a 40 dollar foundation. Also even when applying a primer before applying this foundation it still wears off within a few hours. Dont get me wrong, it has a beautiful finish, but its not worth 40 dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by tubularr

I love everything about this foundation, except for the price. It's very natural looking, but that depends on how much coverage you need and how much you put on. The pump on this foundation is awesome, it dispenses whatever amount you need. The color range for this foundation is great, too. It's guaranteed you'll find your match. My color is 128 or 118. The 118 is just lighter. Both of these colors say that they are beige tone, but they have a hint of yellow in them, which is great for me. It covers my redness and light acne scarring and stays natural looking, which is awesome. I've gotten compliments when I wear this foundation. The price is steep, but well worth the investment in my opinion. I also have the NARS Sheer Glow and I like the MUFE a tad better because of the packaging, price and overall quality. And of course, this foundation looks amazing in photos. :) I would definitely recommend, and I have, to my friends and I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I love that this brand has alot of shades. I actually found a similar match to my Mac C40 (153). This foundation is medium coverage, even though it says med to full coverage. I prefer full coverage make up because I have mild rosacea, so this didn't cover up my redness very well. It also settled into my fine lines, which was very obvious. Overall it's not bad, but I wish it had better coverage.