November 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NOT a fan of this mascara, it is messy, clumpy and the brush is wayyy too big and bulky to do a nice even job. I think this might be one of the first mascaras I have ever thrown away pretty soon after purchasing. If you want a nice big brush mascara go with DiorShow because even that blows this away. I would not buy this again and I would not rec it to anyone. Yuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by vianners

I remember buying a tube of Bad Gal Lash back in high school and I HATED it! When I applied my first coat, it lengthened my lashes very nicely, but I couldn't get it to volumize my lashes without clumping or drooping from all the coats of mascara. After a few hours at school, my lashes were droopy and I looked like I'd been crying. The smudging was unbelievable.

I recently decided to give BGL another chance, but thankfully my experience wasn't as bad this time. I curled my eyelashes like crazy before applying, so the curl stayed pretty well throughout the day, which consequently reduced the smudging (yay!). The only downside was that the tube started drying up within a few of weeks. Decent mascara, but definitely not worth the price. Would not repurchase (again).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by maddoc

The bristles really made my lashes look thicker. it didn't lengthen it by much, but it definitely made it thicker. the trick was to patiently put it on, layer after layer, and make sure you don't concentrate only on the middle portion of the eye, and make it even throughout the eye.

the problem i had was that it smudged really badly!! and its so embarrassing. i was out having dinner and by the end of it, i realized that my mascara had smudged and it made me look all tired!! grrr... i may have to figure something out, but till then i will just have to keep looking into mirrors and make sure i always have a q tip on me!!

I definitely would not buy this particular product again, I would probably buy it in waterproof, just cause this one doesn't cut it for me.

edit: i've used this for a while, n lovin it now!!! i alternate between this and my effect liner mascara by bourjois!! preetttttyy!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by yolanda6

I tried the travel size of this product and was not impressed. I was expecting more but was greatly disappointed. Benefit is a cute line, but they need to go back to the drawing board with the mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by stacy2455

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just love the blue!!! I thought it would be crazy on me but it looked great. Long lasting, minimal flakes at the end of the day. Did make my eyes "pop", which was so fun. Always get compliments when I wear this. Will absolutely continue to buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by missytease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was one of the first expensive ones that i've tried. It was okay. Just okay. Not worth the 20 bucks value. I wouldn't get it again. But i did like how blue the color was on my dark lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ppmint18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The first thing I'd remember about my first encounter with Benefit was the packaging and the product names which were oh so cute and catchy. I didn't put on any mascara that day because I had the intention of testing out the products and I've heard great reviews about their mascara. When I first tried it, it wasn't that amazing. Turns out, because the wand was a lot bigger than other mascara's I've used, I didn't know how to apply it properly so the SA taught me. I didn't really like the effect at the counter partially due to the sample tube drying up but I really needed one so I bought it anyways along with other products. The more I use it, the more I love it. It's very pricey though compared to the L'oreal Volume Booster that I used before but with the BadGal, I didn't have to apply as many times. Since I have very long lashes already, when I go out, everybody asked if I got extensions or falsies...and when I told them it's natural, they're all in shock. The only con is that it's not waterproof so I add a layer of my cheaper waterproof mascara to coat it because I sure need it in this humid weather. Overall, love it when I have the money to splurge.
I heard great raves about the MAC prep and primer mascara and the Dior Iconic and I so want to get those but my wallet's a little light right now. Another thing, I read on some reviews that you're not supposed to apply it in zig-zag motion but the SA told me if you want to create volume/thickness to do so althought it's easier to clump but hey, I love the thickness and the fact that my eyelashes look like falsies and gives a more dramatic effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

This is a great mascara!
It lengthens and volumizes really well. The color is also very dark. The only tiny complaint I have is that instead of holding the curl, it makes my eyelashes stick straight up somewhat. The outcome is still great though, so that's not a big deal at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan. The brush is unique, but because of how it is shaped, it makes the lashes at the center of my eyes much longer than the rest of my lashes to the point they look out of proportion. My mascara also tends to flake and fall below my eyes over the course of the day to the point I really dark shadows under my lower lashes. I do have to say I've never had trouble with clumping, but it does seem to dry out a bit faster than other mascaras I've used. Overall, I think I could find better from a cheaper drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product does dry out (about the same as any other mascara), but a nice trick is instead of pumping the wand in the tube to get more, put it in the tube and twist it (as if you were closing it). pumping it pumps air into the container which makes it dry out. this mascara is 100% fiber free and is made from beeswax so it is very suitable for sensitive eyes and contact wearers (also, since it's fiber-free, it has no fibers to prevent it from drying out, that's why it's important to do the twist instead of pump). a trick to getting your lashes extremely pumped is to "shimmey" the wand. instead of going from down to up, slowly start at the base of the lashes and move the wand left to right as you go up. going up and down in a straight pattern does nothing. at all. so rock it back and forth to ensure you get all the lashes. need more? keep coating it until you get the desired effect. the mascara has a unique suction cup inside that pulls off excess goop when you open it so clumps on the brush is pretty unlikely. this mascara is water-resistant, not waterproof. so for all you girls who live by water proof, stop by a benefit counter around febuary....they're coming out with one :)