Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! AMAZING! Such great coverage and staying power, doesnt look mask like. Yes toward the end of the day if you rub it some stuff will come off of your face but I have come to accept that with my oily skin. It is so comfortable and dosnt feel like I am wearing anything at all.
However, it needs a good make up remover to take it off at night!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

All hail the Doublewear! Estee Lauder's marvelous foundation that never lets me down. The fact that you have to work quickly with this when applying is a fair trade-off for the all-day wear (16 hours) you get. At the end of a long day, this looks just as great as it did when first applied in the morning. The only foundation, thus far, that I can say that about. I use Shell (very fair) under the eyes (and very little) and Dusk on the rest of my face. I purchased two pumps from MAC for $5 each to use with my EL DW which makes everything better in my opinion. No gooey bottle necks to look at--the pumps eliminate that problem. I am eager to try the lighter version of DW in summer since Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer ($40) is not all it claims to be. Love my Estee Lauder Doublewear!

on 12/19/2009 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This foundation is awesome! It stays on so well,but its a little to much for my skin.I dont like the feeling of wearing make up so I dont wear this.I love doing makeovers with this product.I prefer the Double Wear Light formula better,Its a lighter coverage and it still has the staying power. :)

on 12/19/2009 7:54:00 AM

Coverage and staying power are great. Easy to blend. Stays on well on my greasy bits and doesn't emphasise any lines or dry areas.

Unfortunately the lightest shade is still too dark for my NC15 skin tone as it oxidises a little darker, so it's not an everyday foundation for me.

I'd thoroughly recommend this for anyone with scarring / marks they wish to cover, or for a night out where you want that flawless look.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one! I have been wearing the teint idole ultra from lancome for the past few weeks and absolutley loving how it feels and looks but it wasn't wearing as long as I wanted! I want my makeup to look untouched besides the powder touchups....so I gave this double wear a chance..AND I am really glad I did! It is perfect! no cakey,no turning a different color...awesome coverage and staying power! HG!!

on 12/13/2009 3:06:00 AM

awesome product! makes my skin look naturally flawless. not oily, had no problems with it.

on 12/12/2009 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a good liquid foundation. long lasting, not as thick and heavy as colorstay. color selection is better than colorstay. this does not oxidize on me. my foundation colors are Ecru and bone.

on 12/12/2009 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using this product for about a month now and overall i really love it. I have pretty good skin most days just a little redness around my nose, and rarely any blemishes. The estee lauder MA originally suggested lucidity for me, but it wasn't enough coverage and didn't have enough staying power for me.The double wear on the other hand has a full coverage and immense staying power. I put this on at 9 in the morning, go to school and work, and don't take it off until midnight and it looks flawless all day. Even my boyfriend said my skin looked perfect. I apply this with either a MAC 190 brush or sephora's #55 airbrush (i like sephoras better) and I wear it lasts all day even without a setting powder. This product has not made me break out either. I even sleep in it sometimes and my skin is fine. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey to me either.
The only downside to this product is that it's too dark for me (I was matched with 1N1 Ecru). It's ok inside but when i go outside the color difference is really noticeable. I'm gonna try to get a loose setting powder (even though the foundation doesn't need it) just to try to lighten the color up a bit.
Overall i highly recommend this product!
Update 12/27/10: When I went to get a new bottle of this, the MA color matched me again and this time I was given the color 1C1 shell. It is definitely lighter and an all around better color match for me so this product is absolutely PERFECT to me now. I loveeeee double wear!!!!

on 12/7/2009 7:14:00 AM

Idk if it's the way I put it on but...
When I first put it on it looks good!
Then throughout the day it looks masky and cake ish...
I like Lancome Teint Idole Ultra much better which is sad because i usually LOVE estee lauder D:

on 12/6/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference I'm nc27-nc30 in mac. I mix sand (2w1) with tawny (3w1) to get my perfect colour. I use a MAC pump to get it out easier. I'd say sand (2w1) probably works well for someone nc25. I LOVE this foundation and it is now my HG. The thing I love the most is that it lasts all day. I have never had a foundation that does this for me but this really stays put until I take it off! Your skin must be properly moisturised when you use this otherwise you may not like it. The coverage is amazing and I don't even need to use concealer anymore. One thing I have noticed is that the better condition of your skin, the better this looks. My skin has improved lately and people have commented how flawless my skin looks. On the odd day when I use a different foundation I regret not using this. When removing this foundation you must use a good cleanser and really make sure it is all off or you may end up with spots. The result of this foundation makes it worth doing that though. One thing that annoys me is that personally I can't wear it to weddings and other special events because it washes me out in pictures. This may be different for you so I'd say try it out for yourself! I apply this with a foundation brush and remove with EVOO. Overall I will use this foundation forever unless they stop making it, in which case I'll start making it myself! Definitely can't be without this!