BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This gives me a pretty pink shimmer and I love it! Warning - do not leave bottle loose in your bag, store it in the box and then in a makeup bag, I know of a few casualties that have happened with leaking and breaking when its left loose! A bottle will last a long long time!

on 1/19/2005 2:31:00 PM

Neutral LLL / normal skin

BeneFit's High Beam, for me, is a terrific highlighter. It was really one of the first ones I tried in liquid form. I use this on my cheeks dabbed over a blush or mixed with my moisturizer for an all over "glow".

I didn't find it to be oily or drying or have any real effect on my skin (except illuminating it subtly).

The price is fairly cheap, in my opinion, compared to other highlighting items.

The packaging is the best.. I'm not really a fan of the nail polish-esque applicator and would have really preferred a sponge applicator instead.

I will most likely repurchase this unless something better comes along.

on 1/15/2005 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Overall this product is decent. I'm a sucker for packaging, which is half the reason I bought this. Colour on face is really nice, gives a dewy natural sheen to cheekbones and brow bones - a little iffy to apply until you get the hang of it because if you're not looking at it with the light reflecting off of it you could have a smear of it and not really be able to see it.
Comes in a nailpolish-type bottle and you apply it with the brush, which I find sometimes applies unevenly.
Would be happier with a more easy to apply highlighter, but this one gives the perfect colour and dewyness.

on 1/14/2005 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm so-so about this one. It gave a dewy light to my cheek bones, but did nada for the browbones. I have to apply a LOT for it to actually show up enough. It's a little too sheer, which is a sentence I thought I'd never type/speak!

I like this product it does what it says it does...but their are definitely cheaper alternatives...mostly like everything benefit puts out...overprices for average products. There are sooooo many highlighters out there, this is certain not even close to the best one, and certain isnt cheap enough to be getting away with it either.

And I hate the package...It dropped out of my bag the second day I had it any smashed everywhere...when I emailed their costumer service to recommend changing the bottle to plastic the benefit people were nice enough send me a second bottle for free. but I doubt I'll be purchasing the product again, as I said above there are so many highlighters out there that do the same thing, some do it even better, for much cheaper.

on 1/9/2005 3:40:00 PM

This highlighter works wonders as it claims. The only reason I gave it a 4 is the price. With further experimentation adue, I think I've found a much cheaper, but not inferior substitute: the revlon face illuminator loose powder.

on 1/8/2005 1:10:00 PM

This is my favorite liquid highlighter. I've tried a few brands but this one is the best! This has the perfect pearlescent soft pink hue. I'm fair skinned, this shows up beautifully on my skin.

It's more pigmented than most of the liquid highlighters I've tried. The texture is amazing, not greasy/oily, not heavy, doesn't look fake once applied on the skin. It's not sticky at all, it's easy to apply and to blend onto the skin. Very versatile: I use it on the top of my upper lip, under my brows, on my cheekbones, near my eyes, etc. It adds a beautiful 'hollywood star' glow & a perfect glamourous look! ;-) It also brightens my face when I'm tired.

The quality is excellent, it stays pretty well on the skin. It doesn't look too shimmery but I wouldn't apply it all over the face, I think it would be too much.

My HG highlighter and one of my makeup staples. Pretty pricey but the bottle lasts quite a while, so it worths every penny. Truly a must-have! continued >>

on 1/7/2005 3:43:00 PM

I really love this product - this is my MUST HAVE item, cannot live without. It states if you want model looking highlights, this is it. Never gaudy or over the top, just perfect pinkish hightlights. I use it just at the top of my cheek bones and it's the perfect finishing touch! Love it so much. The bottle has a wand that is perfect for application. Can't say enough about how great this is.

on 12/27/2004 7:15:00 PM

I LOVE, LOVE this product! It blends really, really well and is very easy to apply. I mainly use it on my brow bone as well as my cheek bones. It gives a great sheen, not too little, not too much. I think in the summer, I will be even more addicted. Once I have some color, I may also try moon beam, which seems to have a hint of gold in it.

on 12/22/2004 11:38:00 AM

I was lusting over this for two months. I would be watching Sex and the City and would notice how SJP always had this lovely glow in later episodes which I really liked. I did a little research on here, saw this stuff in Sephora and finally bought it. I really am happy with it, I put it on my cheekbones and a smidge on my temples and it's just lovely; pink, dewey and soft. My only problem: twenty dollars for a pretty small bottle. :\ I think Benefit really does rip off their costumers most times, but I do love this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials