July 24, 2014 | 1060 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great pressed powder for me, keeps me matte and no trouble with breakouts. It doesn't get cakey and it's great for setting makeup. My only complain is the packaging--I wish the mirror didn't swing out from the compact. That makes it awkward to hold.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by munken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank goodness for MUA! I searched on here for positive reviews of a pressed powder and after years of buying rubbish ones I've finally found this, and it truly is the best pressed powder there is. Surprising considering Dream Matte Mousse is so rubbish!

I'm NC15, prone to spots and oily breakouts, but this makes my skin look even and smooth and keeps the oilies at bay very well. I just reapply with a touch up once or twice over the day, but otherwise it looks flawless.

I've tried pressed powders from all the following: Chanel, Benefit, MAC, Bourjois, YSL, Lancome, and L'oreal, and this Maybelline one beats them all hands down.

Love it, this has become my everyday powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupbreakup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder for about 6 years and I love it! When I first apply my makeup it gives me a very natural look. It is not heavy and gives a good amount of coverage. I still have to put concealer to hide some blemishes. If I apply this midday when I look like an oil pan, it does wonders for making my shine disappear. For days when I'm not looking for heavy coverage this is perfect. If you want more coverage go for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After many many years of MMU (and many many brands!), my skin developed a sensitivity (still not sure of the specific ingredient that causes the sensitivity, but it only happens with MMU). Also, I'm discovering that as I get older (I'm 36), MMU is not flattering me anymore. Strangely enough, I'm finding that the more "chemical/synthetic" makeups are doing a better job for me and I'm not reacting like I was with the MMU. So I have been searching for a good mattifying powder and my search has led to Dream Matte Pressed Powder.

When I first used this, I don't think I applied enough (was using a large fluffy brush to apply) and I was shiny after only 1 or 2 hours. I was disappointed. The second time I used it, I applied more and was delighted to be matte for at least 6 hours! I don't find it chalky or dull on it's own (as I've read in other reviews) and I have used it with Guerlain les Meteorites over the top and the results were good with that too.

Most importantly for me is that I did not break out or develop any itchiness or redness AT ALL from this. I am continuing to use it, whilst still testing out other mattifying pressed powders. I'd probably buy it again as it is quite inexpensive.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Makeupluv528

Not too impressed by this product. It makes me look like i just threw powder on to my face, when I really try to buff it in. So i wouldnt buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover582

i wore this only 2 times and i love it the first time i applied it was over colorstay fdn by revlon and the second time was over tinted moisturizer and it was a gorgeous finish. its very matte hence the name dream MATTE powder lol but it is great it gives a light coverage and i like that its not heavy this is def gonna be great for spring and summer so when i dont want to wear too much face makeup i can put this on with moisturizer but its winter and i love full coverage in winter it looks great such a beautiful airbrushed finish i will buy this again

EDIT: this broke me out all over my chin and it oxidized on my skin after a few hours of wearing it...i dont have much use for this product now. ill give it to my mom.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by lovebug19

I really like this powder. It goes on nicely and it controls shine well. The packaging is a little thick but I love the way it opens, which is on a swing hinge. The powder puff that it comes with isn't amazing at all, but I really don't think it's too bad and it's good for touch-ups. Basically, it's a good product without being too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by les33cochons

i wear cream light 4-5. it's the most perfect match for my skin of any makeup i've ever tried.
when it says matte, it means matte. which i really like,seeing as i'm an oil slick. no cake face if i reapply.
the packaging? i agree that it's weird and bulky, but at least it has a mirror. i haven't tried the puff because of all the negative reviews about it, so i just use a fdn brush. despite the weird packaging, one compact has lasted me for SUCH a long time. and i use it everyday.
it's light coverage, but still more than i've seen in a pressed powder. just enough to even everything out.
oh, and it doesn't break me out or dry me out.
bottom line: love.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by leewilliams

i'm an nw45 shade, this product goes on slightly ashy for my skin, but then again i have a lot of hyperpigmentation so that could be the culprit. however, for the price and the fact its so easy to find this product is wonderful! unlike everyone else i love the packaging, im always annoyed when compacts dont have mirrors, so im really glad this one does.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lorachelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this powder for a little over a year and I love it!! The color is great, it lasts and doesn't change color or cake up!!! Sometimes the powder is noticeable, but when applied lightly, it gives an airbrushed, matte finish. It helps my skin look flawless and I will continue to buy this!