Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 11/16/2005 7:11:00 PM

This works great for removing waterproof mascara. The bottle does have a large opening but if you use cotton pads instead of cotton balls it will be just fine. Because cotton balls tend to soak up excess amount of the remover, and that can get into your eyes if you are not careful. With cotton pads you can get just the right amount.

Place cotton pads on your closed eyes for at least 30 seconds for optimal results. This will help you remove your mascara effortlessly without tugging or pulling. To wash off the rest of the makeup on my face I would follow with a gentle cleanser. Eventhough it is an oil-free remover it does leave behind this film. Since I wash my face after using it, it doesn't bother me.

Here is the best part. After using this remover I've notice that my eye lashes have grown longer and thicker, both upper and lower lashes. I swear. It's true. It was hard not to notice the lashes getting longer, especially since I barely had any on my lower lashes to start with. Anyone else notice this besides me?

on 11/9/2005 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

I lucked out and found this product today! I was really PO'd with the product I used earlier, the Rimmel gentle eye makeup remover which is complete garbage by the way, and was seeking an affordable yet effective alternative.

This was it. Worked so great. It did have a greasy feel, like some have made note of but ladies, IT IS EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!! What did you expect?

I did not like the packaging because of the large opening. Actually, I transferred the product into my old Rimmel bottle (at least it was useful for something) because of the small opening that allows you to use the product sparingly.

on 11/7/2005 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Frick, frackin' fabulous. This is the best!! You can get it for about $6.00 for a 5.5oz bottle. It kind of looks like italian salad dressing.. like water and oil.. you need to shake it up to activate it. It works wonderful. I saturate a cotton pad with it and pat my lashes until all traces of my WATERPROOF, yes i said waterproof, mascara is gone. It might feel oily after using, but rinses away when you wash your face. I ran out of this, and I love it so much that I went to Walmart, on a Friday, at 5pm... which is insane :) Love it, I stocked up so I won't ever have to be without it. Love it!

on 11/4/2005 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG make-up remover. It works just as well, if not better, than more expensive dual-phase removers. I can even use it when I wear my contacts and have yet to experience any irritation. I usually pay $6 for the 5 oz. bottle. It removes ALL traces of make-up, including mascara and transfer-resistant foundation/lipstick. One caveat: I don't use much eye make-up and don't wear eyeliner. I love that it's fragrance free and extra gentle. It may feel oily on your skin but that's actually the silicone. I always wash my face after taking my make-up off so I don't have a problem with the "oily" feeling the remover leaves behind.

on 10/17/2005 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews here, I thought this would be the perfect alternative to the good but pricey Lancome bi-facil. Unfortunately it's not available in Singapore, so I was really excited to get it in a swap. First, the good points: It's a HUGE bottle, so you really get your money's worth. It definitely works alright - one swipe and my budge-proof Fasio mascara is gone! Now the reason why I give it only 3 lippies: It's GREASY. I was puzzled as to how this can be oil-free when after using it, my entire eye area feels like I spilled grease on it! Yuck! Lancome bi-facil never felt that slimey. 2nd thing, because of the greasy feel, it occasionally leaves a film in my eyes and blurs my vision. Granted it doesn't last very long but it doesn't feel great. And 3rd, the opening is WAY too big. if you ever spill this bottle, you'll probably lose half the contents before you can recover it. So the end result is, if you're on a tight budget, this probably will do but it's no replacement for my beloved bi-facil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Great stuff. I refuse to pay alot for my eye makeup remover, so I've tried Maybelline, Rimmel, Almay, L'Oreal, etc. This is is my favorite. No greasy residue (I wear contacts so that's VERY important) I don't use WP mascara, so I can't rate it on that. Very good price- $5 for 5.5 oz at Wal-Mart.

on 9/19/2005 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Used to use the Chanel dual phase eye makeup remover which I still love to bits but... its expensive. This does almost as good a job - takes a few wipes to get the stubborn stuff off. This is my new staple now

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I normally use Almay Dual Phase to remove my eye makeup but I hated the oiliness. I was in search of a completely oil-free eye makeup remover and I tried the one from Maybelline and I hated it! It was as effective as using water to attempt to remove my eye makeup. I came across this product- although it says it's oil-free it looks like Almay Dual Phase (you have to shake up the bottle before using.) It does not remove as effectively as an oil based eye makeup remover but it is extremely effective in removing my heavy eyemakeup and waterproof eyeliner and mascara. HG if you are looking for an effective eye makeup remover that is oil free because it does the job well and it's cheap, less than $5!

on 9/3/2005 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best eye make up remover for my sensitive eye area. It does take couple swipes to remove all of the makeup, but it still works better than some products I've tried before.

on 8/27/2005 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This remover states it's oil free, but to me it is a bit oily... It removes all traces of my NWP mascara & doesn't irritate the outer corners of my eyes. I'm usually left with some mascara reside under my eyes when I wake up the next day, but not with this one =) I just wish it came with a pump on the bottle...