Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

The hype surrounding this product convinced me to buy it - the whole set, foundation, concealer, powder and blush. The marketing for the range is probably the only successful part here though. This foundation has very faint coverage, which wouldn't be a problem if the concealer was a little more substantial, but it's not. At first, it applies dewy and transparent, kind of like a tinted moisturiser, however it is nowhere near as blendable as any tinted moisturiser I've ever used as I had to work to get streaky marks away. Maybe this is because the shade wasn't perfect for me, but considering that's the whole selling point of the range you'd think finding the perfect blending shade would be a little easier.
After maybe three hours of wearing this though, it's oxidised on my skin in weird patches and has turned my face completely shiny. I'm not normally an oily skinned person but I can feel the oil on my nose, forehead and chin and whenever I touch my face, I have an orange greasy smear there. I kept the matching powder in my purse to touch it up in case of this happening but it didn't do much except for move the oily patches around and then mattify the oxidised patches into dry orange spots.
Overall, I washed my face halfway through the day because I was terrified I would break out from the grease on my face. I don't really know why it turned out so disastrously for me, but I primed with my Stila One-Step Corrector as usual and cleansed with all my regular products, so I have nobody to criticise but this foundation.
A truly terrible foundation, hopefully Maybelline reads these reviews and takes into account what made their product a flop.

on 9/22/2011 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this foundation while on hunt for the perfect drugstore foundation. I wanted something simple, cheap, and quick to apply. I was going through a phase where I wanted to be as simplistic as possible.

The coverage is sheer, transparent like the bottle states. The color match isn't perfect, but it's close enough. I am an NC30 and I wear 220 (210 was too light). The fragrance of the foundation isn't offensive; it almost reminds me of Olay. Provides a dewy look when first applied, blends easily, and moisturizing. But the lasting power is absurd. For me, 3 hours max (and that's even stretching it), was the staying power for me. It doesn't stay in place. It transfers very easily; I can rest my hand on my face and half of my face has come off. Plus, it clogged my pores, badly. Although it stated on the bottle that it allows the skin to breathe. My skin isn't usually oily, but using this foundation, I get oily patches that ends up clumping the foundation. I use a primer beneath and a setting powder on top, but even that doesn't help. It's probably just me, though.

Overall, it had the cheap, simple, and easily to apply quality that I desperately wanted. But nothing else. It did not last, it clogged my pores, and didn't even last long enough for me to drive to school and finish one class of the day.

It has very light coverage, so if your skin is already pretty good to begin with, this might work for you. If you have acne, scars, or anything of that sort, it will NOT cover any of it.

on 9/21/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because it was on sale, (why not, right?) and it was the absolute worst foundation I've ever used. I had never had a breakout in my life, in fact I rarely even get pimples period. Within a few days of starting to use this junk my entire chin broke out in zits so bad that I STILL have scars from it! Stay far far away!!

Pros:
fancy packaging

Cons:
Worst coverage
Has a hint of orange in EVERY bottle, so my face looked like an oompa loompa, very annoying
Humidty immediatley ruins this product
SPF is probably a lie, because when you're exposed to the sun with this product on, it literally melts off your face (and im talking 80 degrees) and leaves the most disgusting residue.
The packaging is SO weak, it literally would open up in my pocket and spill everywhere.
For a foundation, it's actually very heavy (packaging weight)
I can feel this on my face, it feels heavy, commercial Ad's lie.
It only stays fresh for about 3-4 hours, after that it gets disgustingly pasty.
After the 3-4 hours, the makeup turns a different color and gets very oily.
If you would simply poke your face, the makeup would slide right off onto your finger.
CAUSES BREAKOUTS.

Overall, this product is the worst I've ever used, and I've tried with atleast 8 foundations, 5 liquid, 3 powder.

I switched to Revlon ColorStay foundation, very good product so far.

on 9/20/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

i did enjoy this product while i used it. The packaging is sooo cute, would have been better it was a pump rather than just jar kinda thing it is in. I would either put out too much or too little. It was super easy finding a shade that matched my skin, but the fact i was in a hurry i grabbed the wrong color :( i grabbed the 245 and tried it on at home and realized....damn too dark. i came back to my local walmart and grabbed the 235, much much betterr ! After a few uses with this product i did notice it did NOTHING for my oil control. I have somewhat of oily skin but in the middle of the day i would have to blot away the oil, not cute.

on 9/19/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm starting to really like this foundation. I just bought it yesterday and tried it on and I liked how it didn't feel oily on my skin without powder and the coverage is interchangeable for me, depending on how much I put on, which is a good thing for me. I would recommend this.

PS: The packaging is cute but annoying. I know I'm gunna hate it when I'm almost out because of how the bottle doesn't have a pump

EDIT 6/13/2015: This foundation isn't the best foundation out there. After I started using this for awhile, I noticed that this foundation never seems to "set" and tends to move around throughout the day which is so irritating because I want to be able to occansionally touch my face and not have all the makeup come off! So I definitely don't recommend this foundation at all.

on 9/17/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation.Being a 225 ,I love it.Though its hard to find your EXACT shade,its close.The thing I see with these bad reviews its that it turns orange.The reason it turns orange is that your face is dirty or oily,and it did turn orange for me,so keep a clean face before using this.There is ONE bad thing for this foundation ,and it is that it doesn't hid acne or scars,so I would recommend buying concelear or powder.It goes smoothly witch I truely love,and for sure I'm coming back for sure [:

EDITED :
This is an OKAY foundation ,it doesn't last more than 5 hours .That's a huge CON for me ,but other its a good foundation.

on 9/17/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this! I have combo skin, but it evens it all out and gives me a dewy look, but not oily! Some people say they have gotten breakouts, and i have some acne but this hasn't made it any worse, in fact its looking better! The range of colors is also great, because i'll need a darker foundation in the summer and winter, and it's pretty inexpensive. I wish there was a pump, because when i have to pour it out i always take too much. Overall, a great product and i definatley recommend!

on 9/16/2011 2:05:00 AM

I recently pulled this back out of my makeup bag - I had stuck it there a few months ago and could not, for the life of me, remember why I had banished it. At first I loved it. The color match was perfect, the coverage was nice, and it blended well. After about four days, however, I remembered why I had stopped using it before. It gave me the worst breakout I've had since an Aveda sunscreen gave me a face full of cystic acne three years ago. My face hurts and I'm having to baby it to recover. For someone who's not prone to breakouts, this might be a decent option. But if you even think your skin might be even slightly on the sensitive/acne-prone side, STAY AWAY!

on 9/15/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

By far the worst foundation I have ever purchased. I got colour 120 which was a good colour choice. It broke me out so much. I have combo skin (being more on the dry side). This was a oily mess and made me feel greasy. I got pimples on my chin that I had to get out the big guns cleasners/treatments to clear. Not impressed. Do not use this if you are prone to pimples.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl