Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

PROS:
- Nice packaging (looks like a high end product)
- Very good coverage (My cousin tried it out and she has blemishes, pimples, acne scars, black heads, redness, you name it! And the foundation covered almost everything except for some pimples. I used it on me and I didn't even need to use concealer! But if you have acne-prone skin, and you still have some pimples show up, I would recommend to apply the concealer afterwards)
- Variety of 18 different shades (most likely you can match your perfect or closest to your perfect skin tone)
- Inexpensive (I bought mine at Walmart for $5-$6)
- Includes SPF 18
- Non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested
- Plus the Maybelline Fit Me line has their liquid foundation, pressed powder, concealer, bronzer, and blush! (I own the foundation, pressed powder, and blush in Medium Pink. I used to own the concealer but it dried up)

CONS:
- Makes face look a bit oily (I applied the Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder overtop and it looked fine)
- No pump (it didn't really bother me that much since I've never own a liquid foundation that included a pump, but it did bother most people since they would get too much product. That would happen to me too)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using Make Up Forever Professional from Sephora, which I LOVED but Sephora is two hours away from where I live so when I ran out of that I went out and bought Maybelline Fit Me. Fit Me looked good in the morning but when I would finish my classes and go to work I would have to wash it off and reapply the makeup because it looked horrible by late afternoon. Not only that but it would leave my skin looking and feeling oily. When I would talk on the phone, it would leave the makeup oil on it. I go for the natural look, so it wasn't like I had a lot of make up on. I ended up breaking out, ridiculously bad. I just switched over to Clean (Sensitive Skin) by Cover Girl and it looks great. It feels like I don't have any makeup on and now, no more makeup on my phone(:

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The first time i tried this foundation i hated it, it looked cakey and totally dried out my skin so i stopped wearing it but then i decided to try it again and this time with my fingers instead of a brush and it made such a difference ! it wasnt cakey it wasnt dry it looked good and most people complain its dewy which it is but i think it i prefer dewy cuz i do have dry skin and there is rarely foundations good for dry skin so for people with oily skin just go and get all the other million foundations that will soak up the oil. I realized just using your fingers can completley change the way your makeup looks. So overall i like this foundation

This product is not for combination skin. It made the oily part of my face really shiny, and the dry parts really flaky. Overall it felt gross on my face and I would not recommend it if you don't like heavy feeling makeup. The only good thing about it was it really was good at evening out my skin tone.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product last winter. I am a 210. Im just gonna say right off the bat. Dont waste your money. The product left me feeling oily & too shiny. It might be good for dry skin. But i have normal to combination skin. It did not last long on me. I say 4 hors the most. And smells weird.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is definitely worth the four dollars I paid for it. It's not considerably horrible, but it's not very good. The color looks amazing indoors, but does not match my skintone in sunlight. It lasts about 5 hours and has pretty good coverage. Very shiny, not mat at all but didn't make my skin break out. Overall if you have dull,acne prone skin, this product is good for you.

I'm pretty surprised to see so many negative comments on this product, but I can definitely see how many of them are valid.

So, I'll preface my review by saying that I have quite dry, sensitive, plus completely neutral undertones. I decided to switch foundations, even though I had been wearing the same liquid/powder combo for years. Besides the fact that it didn't seem to work with my skin anymore, even the lightest shades available in that brand were too orange or pink on my skin (since I quit spending so much time outside).

I tried the lightest shade available, 110. I would have never considered myself "porcelain" before now, but this shade is absolutely perfect for pale girls with completely neutral undertones! It blends exactly with my neck/hairline/ears.

Now as for the actual product: my skin is dry, and this foundation doesn't accentuate any of the flaky areas of my face. One of the main ingredients is dimethicone (giving it that silky, gel-like texture), so I can see how this might not be suited for girls with oilier faces, but dry/normal should be fine.

It's a very thin, fluid (not really creamy) consistency, and spreads well across the skin. I also like that it's sheer enough to let my natural skin tone shine through, otherwise I think it would make me look pale and ghastly. Tapping a brush over blemishes builds it up enough to cover most problem areas.

Since I always top my liquid foundation with the matching powder, I haven't noticed it wearing off any sooner than my old foundation... I actually like the 110 powder compact better than my old compact too.

Pros:
Less expensive than my old foundation and the packaging is nice
SPF 15
Lightweight, semi-buildable coverage
18 shades of varying undertones
Great for dry skin
Didn't oxidize

Cons:
I don't love the scent... it's pretty strong compared to other foundations I've smelled, but it does wear off
Not well suited for oily skin (dimethicone will make you look/feel greasy)
Sample cards might not have all the shades, so you need to check them out in person

So overall, I give this 4/5, mainly for the fact that it will only suit those with a specific skin type... but if you fall under this type, you might find success with it like I did. I'd definitely repurchase, but would probably love it more if they created an unscented version.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am planning on returning this. In my new magazine this month there was a full page add with samples of different shades. I was so excited to try! I found that 210 was a great match for me (NC25). It even had a $1 off coupon attached so this foundation is insanely cheap. I went to CVS to find that they didnt carry 210 so I went with 220 which is a bit darker but still an ok match. By reading reviews here it has been compared to the likes of Chanel. The foundation went on smooth and silky like I expected (gel type foundation), it had a stronger perfumey scent than I thought it would. (Stronger scent that from what I detected from the samples.) Unfortunately the coverage is much too light. I was hoping for medium coverage. The foundation faded within the hour after application. So I reapplied it. Same thing. It faded to nothing. I've never really had that happen with any foundaton before. I can have very dry to normal skin depending on the weather and during the time I had the foundation on (afternoon to evening) I did not experience this oily, greasy problem that a lot of folks are complaining about. My overall opinion is that this foundation is not worth even the small amount of money. It didnt have any staying power & the coverage was much to light. Nice packaging though.

This foundation gave me decent coverage, but it just doesn't last long and rubs off easily, and made my t zone even worse. Super shiny... I even tried to put on a primer first and it didn't help. I wouldn't buy this again

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is actually the first liquid foundation I've ever purchased. I really liked the fact I could swatch it from a tester before purchasing. You can also get this for a decent price if you wait for a sale. I have neutral olive skin and was happy with 125 Nude Beige, which was a perfect match for me. I have mixed feelings because it was a great match but it would also highlight any dry patches, so I didn't like wearing it alone. I've found a perfect use for it, though, which is a homemade TM I made, using this and Olay Complete. That combo is actually my ideal foundation, so I can't complain! Overall, definitely worth a try.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu