December 22, 2014 | 1731 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by netandritha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ExplodingCrayons

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I was hearing all about this product, and my other foundation was starting to become old so I decided to throw it out and buy the new Fit Me foundation. I got 210, I thought it'd be the right color for me... but it's too orange if I apply a little 'too much'. I also bought the powder, and it's way different from the foundation and it looks like my skin tone when I apply. BUT I really like the way the foundation and powder blends together on my face, it looks so natural when you do! That is what I like the most. I do not plan on buying this again.

Pros -
+ Cheap!
+ You can choose from a wide variety of colors.
+ You can go on the website, and you can also find the color there.
+ Natural look (with liquid and powder applied together)

Cons -
- Too much results in orange color from my foundation
- Some stores may not carry the color you need/want...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by klove07

i actually LOVE this product! its a light coverage, so it doesn't cover crazy imperfections, but it does even skin tone really well, and it doesn't look or feel like a cakey makeup. it looks SSOOO natural, and yea with just the foundation, it does appear oily at first, but if you use the powder too, it will take away the oily look. it does last like 5-6 hours, so its not a crazy long time, but then again MOST of the foundations i have used (even the crazy expensive department store, or mac ones) do come off over time! I would definitely buy this product again, the colour match is amazing, and the displays that most stores have allows you too slide your hand under to match the right colour, which was so much better than swabbing a whole bunch of them on my hand! over all, the whole set is really good (the foundation, concealer and powder). the concealer is a little thin, so if you have alot of blemishes its obviously not going to cover them up, but it does help eliminate red spots and dark circles!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Sydward

This was a good foundation for winter when my skin tends to be drier (I have combination skin) but in summer it ends up looking really greasy even with the powder and slides right off! However it does blend really well and comes in tons of shades. I got 215 for winter, and 220 for summer. They do have yellow undertones so I would reccomend these to olive skinned girls. I have olive skin and foundations sometimes end up looking pink on my skin but there was no problem with this foundation. I would not reccomend to anyone with oily skin! The packaging is very pretty. No pump, but I use a sponge anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by abcang123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:

Its pretty
Lots of shades to choose from
Light to medium coverage

Cons:

No pump, which means it is really hard to get the product out of the packaging. If they can get a glass bottle, spend a little extra for the pump please!
Greasy texture so oily skins may no react well to it
The two shades i got, 220 and 225 are horrible matches. One is too pink, the other too yellow and too light :/

Overall: I would not buy it again and i hate having to wear it so it'll finish! why did i buy two of them!?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by ahmerst

I thought the packaging was cute, and the price is good, but it's not for me. I appreciate the large range of colors they have and had no problem finding what I needed, but this foundation broke me out so bad.

I've tried wearing is several times, weeks apart, and each time pimples pop up. I don't mind touching up with a bit of powder to combat the oiliness it creates, or even that the lasting power is the great, but the pimples are too much to handle.

One or two I could deal with, but a full-face breakout that even has my family members asking if I'm having some kind of bad reaction is too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cecekath00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like:
-It looks decent on me when I use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 115, Liquid Foundation in 115, and the powder over it to remove the greasy look.

Dislike:
-The packaging is horrible.
-I can only apply it with my fingers. It actually absorbs onto makeup application pads.
-The pale colors have yellow bases. (My skin has more of a pink base. I'm pale.)
-I used to wear this to school. It would start slipping off by third period! (And my skin isn't really the oily type).
-Its just too much work.

I think that the concealer is the best Fit Me product. I wouldn't buy this again because I like the Revlon Photoready Foundation Liquid and Powder that I bought on a whim better than the Fit Me Liquid and powder. Revlon Photoready is a good alternative to this product.

Edit: UGH DON'T BUY THIS. I decided to try this out again once a week ago and it actually gave me a miscoloration on my upper lip! What kind of reaction is THAT? Its gone now but it took a few days. Seriously, don't buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Thumadre96

I'm very sad that this product has a lot of negative reviews on here and I actually like this foundation a lot. I have combo skin which has the most random dry spots and usually very shiny around my cheeks and nose. I have medium asian skin with a warm undertone so I'm currently using the shade 220. First of all, this is not a full coverage foundation by any means. its a light to medium coverage but slightly more on the light side. It will cover up redness and minor imperfections but not heavy scarring or acne. This foundation is really meant for people who don't have any major problems with their skin but want to have a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. It leaves a very dewy looking finish but I don't find it to look oily on my skin at all. I use Mac MSF in medium plus to set it and it looks sooo natural. It does fade out after about 6 to 7 hours so it's not a long wearing foundation, which I dont mind. Overall, I really love this foundation and I'm on my second bottle (:

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupangel88

I use 110(sometimes 115). The color match is perfect! Thats the only good thing about this product unfortunately. This foundation doesn't stay on your skin (only 3 hours.) Takes forever to dry on your face. Very very dewy. It makes your skin look oily. By the end of the day, I'm not even wearing makeup because it melts off even if its winter. Ugh!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by AleeshaRenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't wear foundation, but I bought this with high hopes. But, sadly, I HATE this foundation. Although it gives a dewy finish, it creates a grease ball on my face and I have EXTREMELY dry skin. It also broke me out and I don't even have acne prone skin! The coverage, in my opinion is ok, not quite what I was looking for. The consistency is what got me. It is almost greasy/oily in feel, and very liquidy, more so than any other foundation I've tried. This may work for others, but not for me.