August 23, 2014 | 1381 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by margirl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pretty impressed with this product, considering the negative reviews here...I did not have high expectations, but I find this works for me. I have an oily t-zone, and I have no problems with it feeling slick or oily hours after wear. Blends really beautifully, actually, definitely has a "lighter" consistency. Could use a pump application, but that doesn't bother me. The only thing I notice is, it does leave a dewy finish, so I just set with some loose pwder and my face looks flawless..wears very nicely

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have two bottles of Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Caramel 350. I was actually really impressed with this foundation's wide range of shades, especially for people with dark skin. The skin tone matching is great! 350 match me perfectly & the formula is a natural, medium coverage. I prefer full, but it does cake if you attempt to build it. Even though Fit me is the foundation I wear most often & it does look good on me (while it lasts) I'm only giving it three lipsticks because it's just not right for my oily skin.

Because it's thin, I totally apply it with my fingers & blend. It's smooth & easy to do. The only downside is that it takes a long time to set. It stays wet on my skin for what seems like forever. Also, like I said, I have oily skin so the fact that this claimed to be oil-free caught my attention. I'll go ahead & say I don't think this foundation is truly is. This is oily & if you have skin to match, I wouldn't use this without a good quality & primer or a powder. It doesn't last long & I've read reviews from people with normal skin say the same. For the reason that I'm a greasy mess in a few hours, I resulted to only wearing it when I know I'm not going to be out for a long time.

Note: It transfers easily, so be careful if you're wearing something nice or new

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Juliablair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to see so many people hate this product. I suppose it depends on your skin type because I typically have a horrible time finding good products for my face that will not make me break out in pimples. I held my breath with this because it was so cheap, but I really love it. It's really smooth and doesn't stink. It also stays on pretty well. I love this product to death!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by erinLUV02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was soooo excited to try this product bcuz i thought itd work wonders on my skin. little did i know, it is NOT AT ALL for oily skin!! i was extremely devasted. i used mine 3 times to give it a try and each day i had it on i was almost embarrassed by how oily/shiny my skin got from it. not to mention the packaging isnt the best either bcuz its a pour out foundation. it does over well, looks nice with finishing powder, but even with the finishing powder..my skin was ery very oily from it. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS :-/

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by patlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is GROSS!!!! Don't do it to yourself. I know you are reading these reviews and getting mixed opinions so you are thinking that you should just try it for yourself...DON'T! It's soooo not worth it. The only ladies that should be experimenting with this foundation are ones with extremely dry skin that produce no natural oil throughout the day. You may get away with a dewy look at best. For the first hour I had this on it looked flawless, applied effortlessly, perfect color match and pores appeared small. But after that hour I was fighting oil like I was fighting for my life!!! I swear I blotted at least 50 times all three days that I gave this foundation a try. My pores looked huge also! And I sit in a nice air-conditioned office all day so there is no excuse for this. I also tried the concealer which was a great color match as well. So thinking that foundation was the cause of the grease-face, I tried the concealer by itself with just some matte pressed powder on the 4th day. Same story...no good. I will stick to my HG foundation and powder which is Clinique.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ladymakeupfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is not great, bit for me its not horrible niether, I love the glowy finish, some may see as greasy. The lasting power is not super good, a couple hrs on my combimation skin, maybe 3. So it works on occasion for me, also its super cheap and the color match is oh so nice! I do use this, would I repurchase? No. Will I use until I run out? Yes. Would I buy this knowing what I know now? Umm, probably not, but I gave this a 4, since I can't give a 3.5.
Edit: had to lower to a 3

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

This foundation has been used by me only twice before I handed it off to my sister to use. I hate it, I hate it. It completely makes me a greasy mess and is formulated for very dry skin. The color itself actually matched me perfectly, and the finish was beautiful for about fifteen minutes before it started to melt. The bottle is heavy glass and screw topped, so that was a bummer because I always prefer a pump. Fortunately my sister loves this foundation because of the blending properties and the various shades to choose from. I don't recommend this for oily/combination skin. Dry skinned users might have better luck.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by pinkruffles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The worst foundation I have ever used! It is so thick, but watery at the same time! It made my skin break out, My whole face was covered in tiny blackheads and red pimples! Never again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by wayland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the most horrible foundation i have ever used. the stuff from family dollor works better. i dont know what it is about it but it makes your face look really greasy and my face is normally dry. there is way to much oils in this product. im not saying anything agaisnt the people that like it, but its just not for ME AT ALLLL!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MeganCrawford

I am not sure you can get this in the UK yet- anyway I was in Canada and needed a light makeup so bought this. For the price it is really good. Goes out well with my foundation brush, and it has some good light shade match. I only bought the foundation not the other products and use it plus a concealer on my redder bits. It was the way the colour blended into my skin that I really liked. Excellent for the money- I will keep a look out here!