September 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2003 10:08:00 AM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used several brands of 100% jojoba, and fins that they are all pretty much the same. Jojoba Care is has excellent packaging and is the least pricey. This is my HG moisturizer. I pat some on over my BHA at night, or it as eye makeup remover. Wonderful stuff that does not cause me to breal out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2003 1:51:00 PM More reviews by pipskeak831

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this as an body and facial moisturizer. on my body, it leaves my skin nice and smooth. As a facial moisturizer, my dry patches of skin have become less noticable. Only rant (and it isn't actually associated with the actual prodect itself) is that Wild Oats was selling it for $12US and I found it at Trader Joe's for about $6! For the same size!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2003 11:56:00 PM More reviews by redov

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best night moisturizer I can find..Makes my face smooth the next morning and loosens my pimples..I use a dermatologist cream for pimples but this dries out my skin like crazy the next morning. My skin used to always be flaky, but this stuff really works!

In the beginning it made my face break out a little..But I read on the web that this is normal because it's loosening all the dirt from inside your pores. If you can just get by the first week or two your skin will be much better.

(I read online that jojoba oil is actually a wax that has the texture of oil..It has a similar chemical composition of sebum, skin's natural oils, so it tricks the skin and tends to loosen pimples..so don't squeeze ladies!)

I use it at night only because it feels a bit too greasy for the day time.

--------------------
UPDATE
-------------------
my skin has all these small bumps all over it..chin, forehead.. and now I am going to a dermatologist every week to get rid of them..My doctor says they are small pimples..I used the bottle for my hands for a while but now I just threw away the bottle completely..Too scared to touch it...BEWARE ladies..
After throwing the bottle away my skin has gotten much better..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2003 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Hudie

This stuff works wonders!!! This is the absolute best moisturizer for my combination skin, after reading the wonderful reviews on MUA I went out and bought the dessert essence one at Trader Joe's and have been using it for about a week and a half now and I'm already noticing the results...my skin is clearer than ever before, my pores are WAY smaller I don't even notice them anymore and scars I had on my face from picking pimples are gone...and the best part about it is when I put this on my face it leaves my oily skin completely matte which is wonderful because moisturizers I've purchased before that claim to reduce shine didn't do anything for me but this oil actually works it's my absolute favorite and I'm using this from now on!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2003 10:00:00 AM More reviews by mccauley78

I have combination skin and my face is easily irritated by almost ANY skin care product. I couldn't find Desert Essence so bought a different brand of Jojoba Oil at Whole Foods and for the first 2-3 weeks I loved the effects. My face no longer had as many red irritated days or flaky skin. Maybe I overdosed on my daily usage, but recently all of my combinatio skin problems have come back with a vengeance. Will try only using it overnight a few times a week - because when it worked, my face looked fabulous. Best $9.50 ever spent at Whole Foods!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2003 5:32:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've lemminged a lot of things because of my Livejournal-like addiction to checking out the most recent additions to MUA, but... thank you for this one. Seriously. So I haven't tried Desert Essence jojoba oil -- I'm using my health food store's in-house stuff. But as long as whatever you get is labeled "100% pure," I don't see a problem. So, really. Never again with the pricey moisturizers when an ounce of the smoothest stuff on earth is $2.50. I look fabulous, darling. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2003 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Mxkyong

I am sorry but I bought this b/c of all the rave reviews. However, it made me break out after only using it twice. Perhaps my skin is just extra sensitive. I will not be purchasing this again. :O(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2003 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ckamm1107

Who would have known that something so simple and so inexpensive would work so wonderfully! I wish I would have known about this 10 years ago! This makes my skin so soft and I rarely, if ever, break out. I highly recommend using jojoba oil as a moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2003 10:19:00 PM More reviews by nushu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thanks to all the great reviews here, I went out and bought myself a small bottle to try. It is the best stuff I have ever used on my face!! I rub in about 5 drops after I wash my face with salicylic cleanser. It absorbs very quickly and immediately soothes and softens my skin. This product will give you immediate results. i noticed that I stopped producing as much oil in my nose and forehead areas the same day that I first tried the jojoba oil. I normally have combination skin with oily t-zone and dry cheeks. Jojoba oil not only reduced my oiliness, but moisturized my cheeks as well. I have been using it for about a month and, dare I say it, I now have "normal skin". I highly recommend this. (I did not use the Desert Essence brand since I could not find it. i used the Escents brand which is easily found in Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by honeybunny19

this stuff is amazing. my skin is radiant and poreless. i use clinique total turnaround underneath, and then massage in a tiny bit over my cheeks and nose, and under my eyes instead of eye cream. however, i found that it was bit too much for my forehead, kind of broke out there. otherwise, skin is fantastic. try it and u'll love it.