Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 11/19/2003 1:15:00 AM

I can't believe this product! I am using Desert Essence (though I will still go look for the organic one) and the results are amazing! Everything that the ladies have said is absolutely true! This is a godsend for my dry-acne-prone skin. I've used it to take off eye makeup, as moisturizer both day and night and as a leave in for my scalp. I think it's even helped with hair loss. As always - thanks MUAers!

on 11/18/2003 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This does great things for my nails but I can't use it on my face.Broke me out horribly

on 11/18/2003 3:14:00 PM

I was really hoping that this would be my HG. Unfortunately it totally broke me out (and my skin hardly ever breakouts). Maybe I should wait out the storm and see if it's one of those products that breaks you out for the first week or so. I'll give it another chance over winter break.

on 11/16/2003 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have extremely acne-prone skin and I have tried everything to get rid of the problem. Benzoil peroxide and other creams intended to get rid of acne only aggravated mine because they are so harsh on my sensitive skin. I was skeptical about using jojoba oil because hello, it's oil, but now I am a true believer that oil isn't necessarily a bad thing. During the first week I used this, it actually made me breakout, but my Mom suggested I wait out the "storm" and now I'm happy I did. I guess my skin just had to get used to it, and now that it has, I've never been happier. I mix it with pure vitamin E oil to minimize my old acne scars and the combination has done an excellent job of keeping my skin hydrated yet break-out free. I only use it at night after I have washed my face and applied tea tree oil. At first if feels greasy but overnight it sinks into my pores and when I wake up my face feels really smooth. My advice to anyone with acne-prone skin it to try it out, and wait a week or so for it to stop causing breakouts. After about a month of using this my old acne scars have almost disappeared and except for "that time of the month," I am breakout free.

on 11/7/2003 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had really oily skin before I used this, it was because I used too many products on my face. It says it doesn't clog pores, so, I rubbed this stuff on my face at night, and after a few days of using it, my face got a whole lot less oily during the day, usually I would end up a with shiney, greasy face at the end of the day, not anymore! Buy this stuff! Its cheap and works!

This stuff is great for my hair!
I use it on dry hair and it moisturizes very well!
It's even better when mixed with shea butter. My hair feels so moisturized!

on 11/3/2003 7:08:00 PM

cheap and effective. lasts forever and does what everyone else here says.

i use this stuff instead of a cleanser- it takes everything off. morning and night i rub it in then sponge it off with warm water and these little facial sponges my facial lady gives me. if my skin is in great shape i don't need to apply anything else- the residual oil keeps my smooth and soft!

on 10/27/2003 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this thanks to the reviews. It's a great product and dirt cheap. It even helped me clear up my acne. All you skeptics just try it!

on 10/24/2003 8:44:00 PM

This made me breakout in places I never broke out before. But it did make my face very soft. On a good note, I read somewhere that you can use it on your hair. It makes my thick, wavy, dry, coarse hair so soft, not weighed down. Better than any anti-frease serums or extra strength conditioners. Thank heavens for that.