Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 12/5/2003 8:41:00 PM

Thanks for the helpful reviews. My now favorite moisturizer! I was expecting to break out, but instead it seems to keep my skin calm. It's perfect for using under a dry sunblock, and as long as I use the smallest amount to cover my face it also works well with makeup. Definitely worth a try, I like it far better than many years worth of super-pricey brands.

on 11/21/2003 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Picked this up on a MUA recommendation, too. This stuff makes my dry, frizzy, messed-up hair into something as soft as lamb's wool. Definitely buying this stuff again. Great that it is also multi-purpose: I have used it on my dry hands and feet, and on my kids when they are dry and itchy (they have very sensitive skin). Gets a 4 instead of a 5 because it's kinda pricey, imo. ***EDIT***: found this at Trader Joe's for half the price. I rarely use anything else on my hair, now. Package leaks, bad for traveling. A little piece of plastic wrap under the cap and screw down tight fixes this problem.

on 11/20/2003 5:30:00 PM

Helps keep my skin smooth and soft, but it was too much for my forehead. Made me break out a bit there. Other than that it's great for dry spots on my cheeks and chin. It would be better if a dropper was included with the bottle because I tend to pour out more than I need which is a waste.

Update 02/05/04: I used this for two weeks and stopped because little red bumps start appearing on my cheeks. I guess it's just too oily for me which is kinda weird because I have dry skin. Didn't do much for my dry, red patches either. I highly recommend Mario Badescu Healing Cream if you're really in need of a good moisturizer.

on 11/20/2003 1:39:00 PM

Thanks MUAers for leading me to this wonder oil. It is great, truly all purpose. I bought a different brand that has a flip top design which is pretty easy to use. The best thing is, I have had these dry rashy spots on my cheeks near my mouth for months that have sent me on this whole skincare product journey trying everything to get rid of them. And basically, after two nights of dabbing a little jojoba oil on those spots they were gone.

on 11/19/2003 2:27:00 AM

that's a great product for my hair. i have chemically treated hair and this oil gave my hair moisture and shine. i am not planning to use it for my face though.

on 11/19/2003 1:15:00 AM

I can't believe this product! I am using Desert Essence (though I will still go look for the organic one) and the results are amazing! Everything that the ladies have said is absolutely true! This is a godsend for my dry-acne-prone skin. I've used it to take off eye makeup, as moisturizer both day and night and as a leave in for my scalp. I think it's even helped with hair loss. As always - thanks MUAers!

on 11/18/2003 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This does great things for my nails but I can't use it on my face.Broke me out horribly

on 11/18/2003 3:14:00 PM

I was really hoping that this would be my HG. Unfortunately it totally broke me out (and my skin hardly ever breakouts). Maybe I should wait out the storm and see if it's one of those products that breaks you out for the first week or so. I'll give it another chance over winter break.

on 11/16/2003 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have extremely acne-prone skin and I have tried everything to get rid of the problem. Benzoil peroxide and other creams intended to get rid of acne only aggravated mine because they are so harsh on my sensitive skin. I was skeptical about using jojoba oil because hello, it's oil, but now I am a true believer that oil isn't necessarily a bad thing. During the first week I used this, it actually made me breakout, but my Mom suggested I wait out the "storm" and now I'm happy I did. I guess my skin just had to get used to it, and now that it has, I've never been happier. I mix it with pure vitamin E oil to minimize my old acne scars and the combination has done an excellent job of keeping my skin hydrated yet break-out free. I only use it at night after I have washed my face and applied tea tree oil. At first if feels greasy but overnight it sinks into my pores and when I wake up my face feels really smooth. My advice to anyone with acne-prone skin it to try it out, and wait a week or so for it to stop causing breakouts. After about a month of using this my old acne scars have almost disappeared and except for "that time of the month," I am breakout free.

on 11/7/2003 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had really oily skin before I used this, it was because I used too many products on my face. It says it doesn't clog pores, so, I rubbed this stuff on my face at night, and after a few days of using it, my face got a whole lot less oily during the day, usually I would end up a with shiney, greasy face at the end of the day, not anymore! Buy this stuff! Its cheap and works!

Popular Moisturizers