November 23, 2014 | 2000 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very bare bones, un-fancy, and inexpensive skin treatment that works like a bloody charm! I had really done a number on my skin with BHA's and AHA's. I didn't realize I was using them too frequently for my skin type. Finally, I went to my Dr. who informed me that all the redness and bumps I perceived as acne was really HEAVILY irritated skin. She recommended this cream (as well as the whole Cetaphil line)for me. This is great stuff. Sure, the tube is very boring and unattractive, it's cheap and certainly not luxurious, but there is a reason this is so highly recommended by Dr.'s and Dermatologists. Let's be honest, have you ever heard a Dr. recommend LaMer or Remede, or even Paula's Choice? You haven't (although it is worth mentioning that I showed my Dr. Paula's 8% AHA and she said it was a good, solid product and I shouldn't have any problems using it every other day instead of 2x's per day I was using it). I don't believe one can spend a gagillion years in school and not come out of it knowing something, so from now on I'll be using what my Dr. recommends. I'm tired of being sold a bill of goods by greedy cosmetics companies! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2003 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Before I found Paula Begoun's skin care, this was my standby night cream for when my face was dry. My dermatologist recommended it when I was taking Accutane, and it handled that dryness, so you know this is a serious moisturizer. It's fragrance-free and didn't cause me any sensitivity or breakouts. It is very heavy, though. I think Paula's Hydrating Treatment Cream moisturizes as well as the Cetaphil, is also fragrance-free, non-irritating, and non-sensitizing, and it has a lot lighter texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 11:53:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great classis simple WONDERFUL cream in a tube. No scent. A definite staple of mine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is what my fiancee likes for dry skin. We take it camping and fishing when the weather gets rough. There's no scent and it is effective on wet skin after a shower or bath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 12:51:00 AM More reviews by NYgirl

This is a very heavy moisturizing cream. I use it around my nose in the winter because that area tends to get extra dry. This gets rid of any dry flakes and doesn't make my face oily. I would be lost without this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 10:27:00 PM More reviews by carissa1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer left my skin feeling dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 11:53:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this on my face during the winter. It soothes my skin and makes it feel soft, not greasy. It soaks right in and has never caused me to breakout. One tube cost $6.99 at CVS. It will last you for a very long time because a little bit goes a very long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer for hands or feet-I'd be a little weary putting it on my face though. It has lots of oily ingredients that clogged up my skin. I believe that its just too heavy for facial skin--stick to the Moisturzing LOTION for the face-its a bit lighter and doesn't contain all the oily ingredients! Wont buy again because I probably wont have to--this tub has lasted a year or more already!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 10:33:00 PM More reviews by JenNYC

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a winter time staple for me. This cream is rich and creamy. Everytime I get a new jar, I have to resist scooping up a giant handful to smoother myself in fluffy goodness. This keeps my skin so soft and I love that there is no fragrance, as not to disturb my perfume. Love, love love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2002 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jenno

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome. I use it everywhere so does my DH. Put your fancy serums underneither or the creams from your derm, then pat this on top, and voila! beautiful skin. Do not be tricked into not using a moisturizer if you are combo/oily. Usually you are also using some harsh products - so a little cream is good for you. You will definately notice a difference in your skin texture and how makeup applies.