September 18, 2014 | 867 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all of rave reviews this foundation received, I had to give it a try. I am an NC40-42 in Mac, so the MUA at Sephora recommended that I get the shade in Syracuse. First of all, I think that for $42 NARS should be able to give this bottle a pump. I normally do not mind foundation bottles that I have to pour out (Revlon Colorstay), but for some reason this product comes out very slowly, which is a hassle if I am in a rush. Second, the actual shade itself is a bit orange on my skin. I had initially tried on the shade lighter than this (Barcelona), but that one was too light, even just putting on a little bit of it made me look like I had used a self tanner. However, once I let the foundation set into my skin for a bit, the shade actually began to match my complexion a little better. However, I think that NARS needs to create a shade in between Barcelona and Syracuse to really match my skin tone. The coverage of Sheer Glow is medium to full, depending on how much you want on. It glides on very smoothly and doesn’t look cakey either. Sheer Glow is also said to help even out your skin tone if used daily, something I thought was a great add on for the price. It lasted for most of the day; I actually preferred how I looked at the end of the night than when I had initially put it on. Overall, Sheer Glow gave me a nice look, but I wouldn’t say that it gave me the ‘glow’ that I was expecting. I didn’t feel that it was any better than other drugstore foundations that I have tried and loved in the past. I don’t dislike it, but I’ve tried better. Hopefully, after a few more tries I'll end up liking this foundation more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC40 and I bought this in Barcelona, judging from the reviews here and youtube gurus' skintones. Right now, I have very dry skin because of a certain cleanser I tried out. Now, even scrubbing and moisturizing isn't enough for my skin. So, when I put on other foundations, you can really tell that my skin is flaking off right before their eyes. I'm shedding like mad! So, I picked this up and tried it once I got home. At first, I used a stippling brush to put it on. Wasn't working for me. This liquid foundation is super pigmented even though it's a bit runny. The stippling brush made the application streaky, even after blending for several seconds. Then I tried the application with my fingers. Thank you God for fingertips! It melted my makeup right into my skin, and ever since I started using it, my skin underneath the makeup looks so much smoother. It's hydrating, but not to the point of being oily. I love how it looks like skin, and I do get that "glow" that it mentions. There's no sparkles, just immediate hydration. And it lasted from 12-6pm for me. Pretty good I must say.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this stuff it's a expensive and bad foundation. It cost 44 euros, and I prefer armani LSF (47 euros) or others drugstore/ pharmacy foundations, like unifiance creme satin for dry skin, of la roche posay (21 euros).

First of all, my skin is normal to dry, and I never have shiny or pores problems. I use la roche posay foundation for dry skin without any problems or shiny.

The SA put me this foundation with powder in the stand. Ok, natural look and good color.

I bought, and after TWO hours, my face looks very shiny, mys pores looks biggers, and my look it's horrible, much worse that without fondation :-(

for reference, I'm NW20-NC25, LSF 5-5.5, shiseido I20, and I bougth santa fe.

purchase again? no, never again. In the fact, I will return this foundation tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Duster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off the color Siberia is as close to my natural skin as I've ever found in 30+ years of wearing makeup. This color is close to perfect for me, while foundation colors in general, even the lightest shade, are too dark, yellow, pink or orange. Sheer glow moisturizes lightly, has medium coverage and is very concentrated; 2 drops do your whole face. You can build to heavy coverage if needed. I think to be 'sheer' you'd have to use a damp sponge; I use a brush. It has average staying power and be warned, does not do well over anything heavy or oily, it will not go on well. I will buy again as this is the best foundation I've found to date. Do not like the glass bottle with twist off cap;easy to break, hard to use.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sarahshipley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product approx one month ago (after a recommendation from lollipop 26) I brought Medium 4, Barcelona. I had previously been using a Chanel liquid foundation product,(lumiere) but this was making me look very "made up" and was quite chalky and heavy, I have quite poor skin, (ie, enlarged pores & greasy) so I was worried that this won't give me enough coverage or would heighten the greasy look of my skin, however I love it !!! It gives enough coverage, it doesn't look greasy, and looks very natural, (even I have to look close to see I,m wearing it !!) It gives the most natural looking coverage of anything I have ever tried, and I can't imagine ever buying anything else again, will definately be re-purchasing (in bulk !!!)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

Pros:
light weight
good colour match (NC20 = mont blanc)
beautiful finish

Cons:
price!!
no pump
broke me out

Overall I don't hate this product, I just don't love it. I actually had a lot of trouble blending it with a foundation brush but once I switched to my beauty blender it went on fine. I know the coverage is supossed to be light-medium but I was unimpressed. My skin is clear with a few light marks from acne that are usually easily covered. I would say this gives slightly better coverage than most drugstore foundations and that was with several layers. The satin finish is gorgeous. It looks like skin and feels weightless. Just for that I would have kept it except for that once I took it off after 7 hours or so my face was covered in tiny red bumps that were on the way to becoming full fledged zits!! IMO, not worth the $50CDN. Agree that for the price NARS could include a pump. So so sad I can't love this product as it seems to have really amazing potential but pizza face is not for me so back to Sephora this goes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got matched to Deue...Deauville in the original NARS foundation.
So I just picked this up in the same shade in Sheer Glow.

Now my skin is problematic.
It's dehydrated oily skin? Acne prone. With suuuper problems in the winter. (Super dry in Canada)

I love this on my cheeks, and everywhere that is not dry.
On dry skin, it emphasizes it amazingly .. horribly.

It does make you feel hydrated.
The foundation itself is a runny consistency, with no pump.
The lid/top doesn't even close properly, which is odd..

It's not worth it for me, because of my dry skin, but I would think this would be great for oily skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 6:15:00 AM More reviews by 08Emily89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oily skins CAN use this! I got a sample of this in barcelona which is a bit too peachy for me but still an okay match. I used to use mac studio fix fluid which was so sticky and made my face a tacky oily mess but i just stuck with it due to the good colour match (nc35). After reading reviews on this i read so many people were saying you don't need bronzer or blush and i was like "why not?" but after trying this out i totally get it, it highlights all the right places. AND this controlled my oil all day! and it's not even a oil controlling foundation. I'll definately be buying this in "stromboli" which is a perfect match!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I'm reviewing the shade Stromboli...and I'm loving this product! I use a Sephora stippling brush and pat, pat, pat away. Gives an amazing and flawless air-brushed look. I could actually go without bronzer or brush while wearing this product. This foundation makes my skin glow while looking natural. I'm so happy with this purchase.

Edit: I've been using this daily for quite some time now. It has not broken me out and I still love it just as much as when I first got it. HG status for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mari42000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I jumped on the ban wagon because everyone was talking about this foundation I have to say it totally broke me out. I am acne prone and just 3 weeks ago I was acne free until I started using this foundation and now I can't get my skin back on track. However the color I got was spot on so that is the only good thing about the foundation.
Edit- I got my acne under control and wanted to give this another go I have been using it for the past 3 months and its been perfect. I have been using this foundation with the cover fx primer and my makeup comes out flawless I also apply the foundation with the MAC 109 brush. No more break outs..yay!