October 23, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been cheating on mat Lumiere with this foundation..it's just gorgeous.
It blends well, they have a sublime color range & it covers.

Now when I say "covers" you're not gonna look like you stuck a paint roller to your face..no..it is a very true medium coverage & for people with minimal skin problems you're gonna love it!..Give it a try, BUT steer VERY clear of sheer matte...awful doesn't even describe it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: NC20ish olive undertones with dry sensitive skin, very prone to allergic reactions. I purchased this after trying a generous sample from Mecca Cosmetic in Sydney (great customer service, they actually have drawers of sample jars they can fill for you but with their crazy inflated prices, its a tradeoff). I wear Mont Blanc, which is a decent match in colour depth although perhaps a tad too peachy in tone. This product has really grown on me. Pros: Medium-full coverage. This gives a flawless finish, a truly perfect "she must have freaking awesome skin or is wearing a fabulous foundation" finish in terms of coverage. I do have quite good skin and dont honestly need this level of coverage day to day but it is nice to have the option for when I need to look more done up. It is a natural matte, maybe slightly satin finish. I dont need to wear powder with this but I do because I use an illuminating loose powder which gives me a bit more glow which I prefer. It is long wearing, with or without powder. I wore this for a full day at work and drinks/dancing afterwards and it still looked flawless in photos taken during the night (no touchups). It doesnt fade or dry my skin out throughout the day, although i do use a heavy moisturiser and moisturising sunscreen. I *touch wood* have not had any reactions to this. It isnt fragranced which is fantastic. Very lightweight, even in humid weather it doesnt get tacky or heavy feeling. Cons: As other reviews mentioned the packaging is really inconvenient, it is difficult to control the amount of product coming out of the bottle. A pump would be fantastic. Extremely pricey in Australia, I paid AU$99 for this at Mecca Cosmetics which is more expensive than even Chanel. Its not too bad at the US price when exchanged, its just the typical Australia markup which is annoying. Overall a nice product I am really enjoying. Its not at HG status (Chantecaille Future Skin holds that honour) but it is definitely an above average product. Highly rec'! Just remember its not "sheer" nor particularly glowy. Instead it is a fuller coverage foundation with a natural matte finish which feels very light on the skin. I would probably re-purchase because it is great to have a fuller coverage foundation option and it doesnt irritate my skin which is rare. Will have to see how it wears on my drier skin in cooler weather but it is working well in our summer at the moment. Update (17/04/10) - Discovered the best application method for my drier skin is to apply a pea sized amount with a dry sponge immediately after I apply a thick layer of my moisturiser, that way I get a sheerer finish and dont have blending difficulties.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is absolutely gorgeous and that's not what i was expecting as i had problems before with nars not having my color but they hit the nail on the head with tahoe which is the most natural match to my skintone than any other foundations i own which is saying alot. i know cadiz will be my summer color as i get darker. Anyhoo, your face doesn't look as if it has been kissed by the stars but it looks smooth as silk and has a very soft matte satiny finish which looks very very natural. I can wear this for a full day, 12 hours max before i decide to blot and that is if i choose to as it gets dewy after the 8 hour mark for me but not oily. Im truely impressed and it seems that nars is finally catering to a full range of shades for all women which alot of other high end brands need to take heed. I wish they included a pump for the amount that i paid but i got one free from sephora for being a v.i.b- very important beauty insider and long time customer, but anyways this is for sure hg and will absolutely continue purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by TN88ND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I use Deauville, and it is a great match! The coverage is light/medium, which is okay for me since I'm pretty young and have been lucky to not have acne or any skin problems.

I love the finish of this foundation! Its not a "glow", but is a nice satin finish. I can't stand looking matte or shiny, so this is a nice in between finish.

When I apply it I have to use my fingers to get the best possible result (which is kind of what the directions say, if I remember right). I pour a small amoung on the back of my hand and then apply lightly with my fingers. It seems to work for me. Brushes leave it looking too thick and uneven, whereas the finger application leaves me looking fresh and like I just have great skin!

Like others have said, the packaging is terrible. For what you pay for this foundation, I don't see how it would be so difficult to give it a pump. You end up wasting a lot of it just pouring it. Hopefully someone at NARS wises up to this fact sooner, rather than later.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by youngpunk9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful foundation. This gives the skin an ethereal glow that I've never ever experienced with another foundation. This is the first foundation I've tried that matches my skin exactly (I wear Cadiz, MAC NC45...a tad too dark). The only downside is that there is no pump and the MAC pump is too big for this bottle. I would choose this over the MUFE HD any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this foundation when it came time to replace my old Clarins Colour Tint, as I had seen a lot of positive reviews of it. I was matched with Deauville, and it is a really excellent match for my skin. Even my mother was shocked by how much "better" I looked wearing this foundation! The coverage is medium and buildable. I really appreciate having a bit more coverage, and it always looks natural. The foundation really feels nice on my skin and helps my other makeup go on more smoothly. I thought I might be able to get away with not wearing concealer with this foundation, but my dark under-eye circles still show through it a bit. However, with concealer and this foundation they are barely noticeable! (I use Art Deco Perfect Teint Concealer in 5) I agree with other reviewers; I would also prefer a pump bottle, otherwise great foundation and I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by shrizz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Tahoe. My review is focussed on color match, because that's the hardest part for darker skintones in choosing foundations.
The effect is more matte then i expected, glow is very subtle satin-like to me.. I wish it would 'glow' some more, actually.. Coverage and texture are comparable to Revlon Colorstay, just a bit lighter. I chose the wrong color though, too dark, going by the best swatches i could find online.
In winter i am Revlon Colorstay Softflex in Golden Caramel and can use MAC Studio Tech in nc43( slightly too light, but blush helps). In summer i use Revlon Colorstay Softflex Toast. Nars Tahoe is close to Revlon Toast, only slightly darker and slightly warmer. Toast has a little bit more pink undertone (still a 'yellow/caramel' color!), Tahoe has a bit more golden/bronze undertone. In MAC i'm nc 43/44. To get my perfect match for that in Sheer Glow i probably have to mix Tahoe with the lighter Syracuse. In summer, when i'm most tanned, almost nc45, Tahoe is a great match, just like Revlon Toast. I prefer the satinlike finish of Tahoe, though. summer 2011: Syracuse is a *perfect match for my skintone that is inbetween nc43/44. Tahoe only works when i've had lots of sun.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all of rave reviews this foundation received, I had to give it a try. I am an NC40-42 in Mac, so the MUA at Sephora recommended that I get the shade in Syracuse. First of all, I think that for $42 NARS should be able to give this bottle a pump. I normally do not mind foundation bottles that I have to pour out (Revlon Colorstay), but for some reason this product comes out very slowly, which is a hassle if I am in a rush. Second, the actual shade itself is a bit orange on my skin. I had initially tried on the shade lighter than this (Barcelona), but that one was too light, even just putting on a little bit of it made me look like I had used a self tanner. However, once I let the foundation set into my skin for a bit, the shade actually began to match my complexion a little better. However, I think that NARS needs to create a shade in between Barcelona and Syracuse to really match my skin tone. The coverage of Sheer Glow is medium to full, depending on how much you want on. It glides on very smoothly and doesn’t look cakey either. Sheer Glow is also said to help even out your skin tone if used daily, something I thought was a great add on for the price. It lasted for most of the day; I actually preferred how I looked at the end of the night than when I had initially put it on. Overall, Sheer Glow gave me a nice look, but I wouldn’t say that it gave me the ‘glow’ that I was expecting. I didn’t feel that it was any better than other drugstore foundations that I have tried and loved in the past. I don’t dislike it, but I’ve tried better. Hopefully, after a few more tries I'll end up liking this foundation more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC40 and I bought this in Barcelona, judging from the reviews here and youtube gurus' skintones. Right now, I have very dry skin because of a certain cleanser I tried out. Now, even scrubbing and moisturizing isn't enough for my skin. So, when I put on other foundations, you can really tell that my skin is flaking off right before their eyes. I'm shedding like mad! So, I picked this up and tried it once I got home. At first, I used a stippling brush to put it on. Wasn't working for me. This liquid foundation is super pigmented even though it's a bit runny. The stippling brush made the application streaky, even after blending for several seconds. Then I tried the application with my fingers. Thank you God for fingertips! It melted my makeup right into my skin, and ever since I started using it, my skin underneath the makeup looks so much smoother. It's hydrating, but not to the point of being oily. I love how it looks like skin, and I do get that "glow" that it mentions. There's no sparkles, just immediate hydration. And it lasted from 12-6pm for me. Pretty good I must say.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this stuff it's a expensive and bad foundation. It cost 44 euros, and I prefer armani LSF (47 euros) or others drugstore/ pharmacy foundations, like unifiance creme satin for dry skin, of la roche posay (21 euros).

First of all, my skin is normal to dry, and I never have shiny or pores problems. I use la roche posay foundation for dry skin without any problems or shiny.

The SA put me this foundation with powder in the stand. Ok, natural look and good color.

I bought, and after TWO hours, my face looks very shiny, mys pores looks biggers, and my look it's horrible, much worse that without fondation :-(

for reference, I'm NW20-NC25, LSF 5-5.5, shiseido I20, and I bougth santa fe.

purchase again? no, never again. In the fact, I will return this foundation tomorrow.