April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I've had 2 specific HG foundations over the years - Bobbi Brown Oil Free in Almond 7 (now discontinued boooo) and Lancome Teint Idole (in 'Suede 2' I believe). My color is hard to match because I am dark brown but with yellow undertones, not red. My Lancome shade just didnt look great anymore. I guess my skin toned changed - which is good, it's even toned now after years of hard work lol! Anywho, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this MUF foundation!!

I actually saw an article in a magazine giving recommendations for women of color and decided to try it. I read some reviews on it on sephora as well. I had the lady at Sephora match me - shade 178 - and at first I was like hmmm idk. I told her I'd see how it wore for the rest of the evening and come back. It looked great in daylight and nighttime. I was sold! So the next day I went to pick it up. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's classic Oil Free Liquid. It has buildbale coverage, VERY smooth/blendable, and goes on natural/matte and sets beautifully!! Great for combo/oily skin. I use MAC prep+prime w/spf under it for day or Garnier Moisture Rescue at night. The color is perfect and does not oxidize or change tone on my skin as so many other liquids do!!. It feels great on my skin, breathable for all day wear - and lasts ALL DAY! Even in Houston summer humidity!! Makes me look flawless in pics. I use the High Definition white powder with it as well to set. If you go overboard you look like a ghost but just the right amount is wonderful for setting this makeup. The pump is easy to use. I apply with fingers when I'm lazy or a liquid foundation brush when I have more time.

By itself its fabulous, but for a more dramatic look for a party I add a touch of MAC Studio Fix NW45 compact and/or MAC Loose powder in NC43 and/or or Iman Powder Foundation in Earth Dark to my cheeks and I'm all set. Either way it look fabulous!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tested this product in a makeup store; I placed this makeup on one side of my face and another brand (Cover Fx) on the other side of my face. Makeup for ever didn't even compare to the Cover Fx; didn't cover as well, wore off easily, unable to build the coverage. I appreciated the pump however I'm glad I didn't purchase. I spent my evening outdoors and Makeup for ever didn't wear as well as Cover Fx. I would consider this as a backup foudation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pomeranians

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great coverage. I have very dry skin and this makes it look flawless. I tried the MUFE primer, lancome primer and the Stila primer. Seems to work great with any of them. I'm wearing 110 which is a little on the pink side but there isn't a more neutral color this light.

Long wearing, very comfortable.

Addition to comments. Have been using for a while and find that my skin is greasy at the end of the day. Changed my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by lunalava

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It showed on wedding pre-pic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by shoehoard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It's very light on my skin. I can't even feel it, which is how foundation should feel. I prime my skin first with Smashbox Photo Finish, then correct the red with The Face Shop's green corrector, put MAC Pro Longwear concealer/Bobbi Brown's peach corrector under my eyes and then MUFE HD Foundation all over. I then set my makeup with MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Med. The combination of these products gives such a beautiful, flawless look. I'm a new makeup artist and I'm always searching for new products. I tried Face Atelier's foundations and couldn't wait to wash my face. Face's foundations turn different shades on the skin and feel very heavy compared to MUFE HD foundations. My next products to try are RCMA and Ben Nye foundations to see how they stack up against MUFE.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by beckyboo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

madly in love with this product, I bought it a few months ago and have been using it every day and it really helps perfect my skin One pump is plenty to cover my face and the beauty of this product is that it looks like my skin but better. It is kinda pricey but when you look at how long it is going to last I feel I can justify spending it lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ok, so this products coverage is AMAZING! but the colors are horrible, there ORANGE and last i checked my race wasnt oompa loompa. i definately would not buy this again just for that fact. otherwise i looooved the coverage, and the price is a little high..i paid 40.

Well, heres an update, the reason i was orange is because of the undertone choice they had for me, so we got it fixed and its muuuuccchh better...although, in about an our i looked like an oil slick...so im guessing its a no no for oily skin? but like i said coverage was amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kperr073

Finally found a good foundation! Yes, it's a little pricy - 50$. But it works very well! I'm the lightest shade and it covers almost everything. Make sure you wash your face and use moisturizer to be able to apply the foundation evenly.

It feels lightweight, I can' t tell I'm wearing any foundation. Plus, it goes on naturally, it doesn't feel or look cakey.

I don't seem to be using much of the bottle, with the help of my Sephora foundation brush. So hopefully the price will seem like a lot less if I only have to buy my next bottle in a few months!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

I have been using this foundation for over a year and it is my favorite! It blends like a dream, is very forgiving if your skin is between shades, and 1-2 pumps is all you need to cover your face and neck. It's so pigmented and so light, it makes for the perfect canvas...but you can still see your skin, if that makes sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by prettypoodle05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The color match is great and I love the pump. I prefer the mat velvet but this with a stippling brush does look really good. for reference I am a 177.