November 27, 2014 | 961 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is alright. Nothing spectacular, nothing horrible. It does lengthen my lashes pretty well but I prefer volume and color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by francescacaca

this is by far and away the best mascara i've ever tried. i'm quite shocked my the number of reviewers who have said this clumps for them because i have never experienced clumping with bad gal lash (and i must have easily gone through about 8 out these). the brush is massive when compared with other mascara brushes, and i think that's what really helps to create long and full lashes.

i have very fine, quite fair eyelashes (despite my very dark brown hair on my head) and have never been a person who wants a more subtle eyelash look for in the day and perhaps a more full on one at night, instead i want full dark thick and long lashes all day everyday. For me, this is the best mascara for the job, its definately HG status.

The packaging is bright and fun and i don't actually think this is that expensive when you consider that drugstore brands like maxfactor and l'oreal are about 8/9 each and diorshow is 18.

I like to buy 2 of these at a time from Boots when benefit have a "buy 2 items to receive 500 points" offer on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this in blue. That said, I agree with the reviewer who mentioned that it worked wonders for her applied over another mascara. When my drugstore mascara begins to lose it's steam, time for Bad Gal to take over. Continues the lengthening/thickening where the other left off. I have long, thin lashes, I need to pile some product or a lash primer on, then this stuff is incredible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what I was thinking this when I bought it (and then bought it again after I finished the first tube). I should have known better than to buy a waterproof mascara that wouldn't hold a curl. I have stick straight asian lashes, and a curl will not hold unless I use waterproof. At first, I used this to layer over another waterproof mascara, and it's decent for that purpose, but horrible on its own. If I want a quick look where I don't curl my lashes, I use this sometimes because it's VERY natural (not a false lash effect at all) since it lengthens and volumizes decently. I also like that it doesn't smudge too easily, but still comes off with no effort. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by strictlybeautiful

SOOOOOO disappointed with the outcome... the brush was big but did not grab my lashes! lashes looked normal.. not bad girl at all!!! no lengthening or thickening effect seen! for price.. wud not recommend it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Luquinb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not impressed....I was at Sephora looking for another mascara...they didnt have it I was in line and saw the Little bit bad gal...I said to myself....its a sign this is it...But I was wrong..this mascara is not the worst Ive ever tried but for 9.00..there is no drama in this tube...just plain eyelashes...maybe good for everyday mascara?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by rosemerry56

Here's my Bad Gal Lash story. I usually wear Loreal Voluminous waterproof but one night after work the MA at Benefit gave me a mini makeover including BGL. I couldn't believe how my eyes looked - absolutely gorgeous. Then sometimes I'd stop at Sephora and put a layer of BGL over my voluminous, and the same thing - awesome. So I bought the BGL, but alone, even with two coats, I just don't get the same dramatic lashes. I still wear my every day (and way cheaper) mascara, but when I want something extra - for night or a party - the Bad Gal Lash 2nd coat goes on and my lashes are transformed!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought a tube of this product, liked it, and used it up, but instead of repurchasing decided to try diorshow (which I loved). After I finished my tube of diorshow I went back to badgal since it was a bit cheaper. For some reason I remember liking it a lot more the first time around. It is pretty good when compared to drugstore brands, but makes my lashes a little too spiky for my taste. However, it doesn't flake or smudge, and it does make my lashes longer. It's a decent enough mascara, but nothing special. For $19, though, I don't think I'll be repurchasing for a third time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by sexyblackdress

I've tried this mascara under recommendation... however, I find that after several hours of using this mascara it would leave a smear under my eye and I would constantly have to check and wipe any excess. The nice thing about this mascara is that brush is big and fluffy allowing for quick and easy application and it left my lashes feeling soft and full... if it were not for the smearing, I would totally give this product a 5,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are willing to put the work in (i.e. spend time adding lots and lots of coats) then this mascara rocks.

My absolutely top fave for dramatic, long, voluminous lashes is Rimmel's lycra extender mascara. This mascara by Benefit, "Bad Gal" is my #2 (and current replacement since i can't find that lycra one out here in London currently) and then Lancome's Hypnose mascara is my #3 (knocked down a spot due to major smudging!)

Bad Gal really lets you build and build for that amazing "fake lash" look, without clumping or smearing. and the smudging is minimal (i notice just a tiny amount of specks of black in the corner of my eyes at the end of the day. but not anywhere near as bad as Lancome's smudging).

This is also wayyyy better than MF 2000 calorie mascara, which, for me, gave nothing but clumpy, short lashes.

Bad Gal does offer length as well as volume, but you do have to do several coats to spread the formula around. don't be shy with that big brush---use it!!!

This is sort of a fool-proof mascara. you can really keep adding without saying, "uh-oh, that was one layer too many", which was the case with Lancome's Hypnose.

The other thing that puts it way ahead of Hypnose is the fact that it really lifts your lashes up. it does not curl them, but it does have a good lift so that it holds your curl well. VERY UNLIKE MF2000 calorie, which really weighed down my lashes.

Also, this is a good, rich, dark shade of black (not that gray-black that Bourjois Glamour mascara tries to somehow pass off as black).

Great, great product. I will most definitely buy again (unless of course i finally find Rimmel's lycra mascara which was amazing for building length!)

UPDATE: after 2 weeks of use, this REALLY dried up, not so much that it effected how my lashes look, but it REALLY caused it to smudge and now everytime i wear this, i get raccoon eyes in 3 hours! not cool.... so i took off a star. This is precisely why Rimmel's Lycra Extender mascara was so wonderful! oh well... still a good formula though... just not 5 star worthy.

UPDATE #2: well, it's back up to 5 stars because i switched foundations to a more matte one and now the mascara doesn't smudge under my eyes! I guess my skin needs to be really matte so that the mascara doesn't transfer. Great formula and holds a curl well.