Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/12/2011 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't love this palette as much as I was hoping I would but I am glad that I bought it. The colors are really pretty and are all so pigmented. I do have a problem with fallout but I use tape to remove majority of it. Overall, this is a great product.

on 8/12/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great eye shadow!!!!

on 8/12/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Oh course I bought into the hype and bought this

The colors are much too warm for my cool coloring. Warning to cool toned ladies: Stay way from this palette. The only colors I can wear are "Sin" and "Gunmetal", both of which I already own.

Come on Urban Decay...put out a COOL palette for us fair skinned ladies!

on 8/12/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

YES YES YES this is such an awesome product!! I adore this palette; I searched high & low for it to no avail and finally on a flight back from Greece they were offering it from the duty free catalogue wooo hoo! It has some beautiful colours which can all be mixed to create different looks. The colours get more dramatic from left to right, from a very pale, shimmery rose "Virgin" to a deep, glittery dark grey "Gunmetal." I rarely wear the colours on their own as I like to create "looks" with the different colours, so I use them in pairs. Each "pair" fits together, which is handy! So I wear Virgin & Sin together, and Smog & Darkhorse etc. My favourite combination is Half Baked (a bright, brassy gold) over the lid, Smog (a deep shimmery oak) in the crease and Dark Horse (a very dark, sultry brown) across the lash line. I would agree with previous statements that the palette is best for darker colourings and it really suits my olive skintone. Even the two greys are very warm colours which means I can now do a grey smokey eye instead of the normal brown one which I have always done in the past!! I love the inclusion of the mini Primer Potion, as it is a make-up must have for me and it's great for holidays. The pencil is double-ended, black and deep brown. I actually really like it despite being notoriously picky about liners. It's not smudge-able but it leaves a nice line, not as long-lasting as some though. All in all, such good quality, blendable shadows, it is actually very good value for money.

I put off buying this for so long. I kept seeing beautiful looks and swatches of it that left me drooling, but I kept telling myself that I didn't need it, I have a lot of neutrals already, it's expensive... etc. Finally, after having a fortunate payday, I cracked down and bought it about two months ago. Immediately, I had buyer's regret and planned to take it back. I guess it was fate for me to get it though, because I misplaced my receipt and couldn't return it.

And I'm so glad I didn't! As I said, it's been about two months, and I've been using this palette almost daily!
Virgin (a pale, slightly shimmery pink) makes a great highlight/inner corner colour.
Sin (a slightly darker, metallic rose) is a great natural color to use on your lids for soft looks.
Naked (a matte, pale beige) is the exact colour of my lids and is good for no-makeup looks.
Sidecar (a glittery taupe) is quite beautiful, but the amount of glitter fallout puts me off of using it much. If it didn't have the glitter, it would be my favourite colour.
Buck (a matte nutty brown) is the crease complement for Naked, and is a good brow colour for most.
Half Baked (a bright, metallic gold) is absolutely lovely on the lid, and can be used for both daytime and nighttime looks.
Smog (a gorgeous burnt, shimmery, deep gold) is my absolute favorite colour in this palette. I use it on the lid almost daily, alone.
Darkhorse (a dark greenish-brown with gold flecks) is a lovely crease colour.
Toasted (a dark, metallic purplish pink) is a great sultry lid colour to use in both light and dark looks.
Hustle (a dark shimmery reddish-purple) is a wonderful crease colour and works very well with every colour in the palette. Very user-friendly.
Creep (a glittery black) is a great black to have, although I could do without the glitter in this one. It's not as bad as Sidecar though, the glitter stays on your lids.
Gunmetal (a metallic silver) is an absolute must-have when creating smokey eyes, a true shadow gem!
The brush it comes with is not what I'm used to using with shadows, but it works relatively well when I'm in a pinch. It's soft and packs the colour on nicely.
The mini UDPP is great for when I wear the shadows for an extended period of time. It's a great inclusion and nice to have around, but I don't think I'll buy a full-sized when I run out.

I've been able to create dozens of different looks with this palette, from soft to edgy, daytime to nighttime, office to party. When I go on vacation, I take this with me and I'm completely set for anything. I absolutely adore it and think it was worth EVERY penny. When I run out, I will be sure to repurchase!!

on 8/12/2011 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In hindsight I shouldn't have bought this palette, there's just too many warm colours in it and I like to mix cold and warm shadows. I do use this palette almost every day but only the same three shadows, Virgin, Sin and Hustle. The rest are just sitting there and I can't see myself using them, especially Sidecar which is full of glitter which I hate. I'm also not a fan of matte eyeshadow, I really like shimmer, so Naked and Buck will not get used.

Therefore, taking into account all this, this palette hasn't been value for money for me. I like the colour Smog and also the idea of Half Baked, but HAlf Baked is way too yellow for my skin (my skin tone is more neutral than warm) and I already have Smog in two other palettes from Urban Decay. Gunmetal and Creep are very dark and not something I would use so I'll probably try and depot them and give them away.

I won't be buying this again and I'd only recommend it to somebody with a very warm colouring.

on 8/12/2011 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The Naked palette happens to be my first UD product. Got it as a gift from my sister from London. Loved all the colours though I find Gunmetal & Creep pretty blah and out of place. My favs were definitely Virgin, Half-Baked and Toast. Didn't really like those ultra shimmer, glitz shaded ones. I'll prolly give this one a miss next time due to the cost(it's SGD78 here!) and cos the colours aren't eactly one-of-a-kind. I could get better, cheaper alternatives. Perhaps, I'll get Virgin on its own! Hope this helps :D

on 8/11/2011 11:38:00 PM

NAKED is definitely worth the money. For the price, you get many versatile, high quality shadows, with no annoying random brightly colored shadows that never get used, which is my main gripe with palettes in general. I feel as though anyone from a low-maintenence makeup girl to the multiple train-case maven has use for this.

One more matte shadow might be nice, but certainly not totally necessary or expected, as Urban Decay obviously has a very different aesthetic from say, Bobbi Brown, so it's not unexpected that their concept of "NAKED" might be a little "flashier." That's not to say the shadows are all ostentatious by any stretch of the imagination, they are all blendable and workable for day, office, night, or all-out glam.

My one gripe? Effing SIDECAR. Sidecar has the potential to be gorgeous, but has enough glitter fallout (even with Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance) to make me look like I stumbled out of an all-night rave circa 1996. Seriously, when I looked in the mirror less than 15 minutes after I applied, I briefly considered accessorizing with a glowstick and a pacifier.

Stlll, you probably need this palette. And the quality for the price is AWESOME!

on 8/11/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So I wanted to wait until I had used all of the colors before I reviewed this product. Overall, this is a very nice palette. When it is finally all finished, I will probably try a different palette. Still, this is a very nice product.

First of all, I think it's important to write that I don't have a lot of eyeshadows. I rarely find myself needing any other eyeshadows other than the ones in the palette. I went on vacation and only once needed to go outside this palette.

I pretty much like all of the colors and have used them multiple times, except Naked. Naked is too close to my skin color, so it's pretty useless. I find myself using Half-Baked and Buck the most.

Here are my problems with the palette (and the reason that I didn't give it 5 lippies)
- The brush is terrible. Somehow it applies the shades in a very uneven manner.
-I already have a full sized tube of UDPP. So, I don't really need it. I would have liked to see it with one of the colored primers.
-I really wish it had a smokey green color.
-As I said earlier, I really don't like the color Naked. Although I'm sure it will work with different skin tones.

on 8/11/2011 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Although I love the neutral colours of the palette and some of them makes a good sub for MAC (halfbaked/woodwinked, toasted/sable, buck/cork, naked/kid etc) Although it looks hot there aren't many matte eyeshadows :(

Popular Palettes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products