September 21, 2014 | 1077 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first heard about the Naked palette, I was excited about the concept of a variety of neutral eyeshadows for everyday use. I thought this would be my go-to palette for everyday eye looks, but it's not. That being said, I still love this palette, but I use it more for when I'm going out at night or special occasions.

I'll start with the pros: the shadows are nicely pigmented (as I would expect from UD) and blend easily, which I love. All the colors in the palette work well together, so it's really fun to blend and easy to work with. I also LOVE being able to do a deep neutral smokey eye with one palette.

That being said, I wish there weren't too many shimmery/glittery shades. I would have appreciated a half to half ratio of shimmery and matte so that I could use this palette for everyday eye looks, too. But because most of the shadows contain shimmer or glitter, I find that I only reach for this on special occasions, such as parties or a night out with girlfriends. Most of the shadows are too bling-y for work. I also find that there is quite a bit of powder fallout, so be careful of that!

Overall, I really like the concept of this palette and since I use this so sparingly, I'm sure I will have and cherish this for a long long time, which makes the hefty price tag worth it in the long run.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm glad that I have this eyeshadow palette because it gives lots of nuetral shades to choose from. The pigment amount is impressive and I would absolutely purchase this again. I love mine and I'm sure that anyone who loves to do up their eyes will love it also. The price really isn't too bad considering the amount of product you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't see why people rave about this product. I am an NC42/44 and most of the colours here don't suit or compliment my skin tone. The only colours I use here is smog, husle, darkhose and creep. The rest would only go for people with fair skin. Plus these are just not as good as MAC eyeshadows. I find that it creases and fades quickly in just a few hours even with a primer. Some of the eyeshadows are not finely milled with really chunky glitters so it falls out. Not re-purchasing, its a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my Naked Palette!I bought it on a whim on an airplane in Sky Mall, because it seemed like a good deal (26 euros for 12 shades, a primer and a double ended pencil liner..score!) I had no idea, that it would become such a huge deal!
The colors are all fantastic, you can create a variety of looks from smoky to natural. This palette really encourages you to experiment and try new looks.
They shadows blend as if they were meant to be together and the only thing keeping them apart were the shadow compartments.
A little goes a long with with these shadows; I bought the palette in January and it looks like I've only had it a week, but I use it EVERYDAY.
The colors last ALL DAY long, no matter what the occasion.
The packaging is beautiful, with brown velvet on the outside, gold lettering, a mirror on the inside and a magnet on the top cover for easy access
This was my first UD product, and it has become my partner in crime!I carry it everywhere and it is so versatile, I can do my eye makeup and all my friends too, no matter eye color, shape etc.

I recommend this palette to everyone, it is simply the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by intensesodadrinker

I am totally and completely in love with this palette! It is my first palette from Urban Decay and i must say, i am very impressed. The colors are all beautiful and wearable. (especially compared to Urban Decay's crazy colored shadows featured in their other palettes) They are all highly pigmented and apply/blend like a dream. The set includes 12 full size shadows, (a $204 value!) a travel size original eye primer potion, ($8 value) and a good karma shadow brush ($26 value). It is a buy that is totally worth it. Though there were two minor things that disappointed me. There used to be a double ended 24/7 liner included instead of the shadow brush (which is more of a small concealer brush, doesn't pick up shadow well) and, because of this switch, the cost is $6 more. Also, the case has a velvet textured lining on the outside, i would've rather had a leather-esque feel. But, these things do not bother me so much that I will deduct lippies! Overall, great product that I would no doubt repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

w.o.w! I was totally obsessed with MAC and Bobbi Brown e/s till now...but i bought this recently and have been using it everyday! And with all the rich shimmery colours, u can try a new look everyday! It comes with a nice e/s brush and a tiny bottle of UDPP...totally worth the money...cuz most of the colours are the ones you'd pay a lot more for individually! And the pigment jus stays on forever! Its a good buy and wud make a great gift!
*EDIT* 8/2/2012: I've slowly realised that the UD e/s are a little more powdery compared to the silky MAC, BB and NARS e/s. Virgin is too chalky and Sidecar has sooo much fall-out, I've stopped using it completely. I still love all the colours in this palette but wud rather purchase more MACs to add to my collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

UPDATE: I've tried out a few more looks with this and I can say, I only use about half of the colors on a daily basis.
I HATE the lighter colors, virgin looks awful and silvery, metallicy gross. sin has a horrible texture. You only see the shimmer and see very little of the actual base color and it has fallout that gets into the tearduct area (and looks disgusting..it makes me look greasy). half baked is okay, but I don't really use it because I find when you add gold into an eyelook, it somehow doesn't look as nice, so I only wear it on its own, all over the lid. i do not use black as an eyeshadow color, only as a liner, and I find creep is not black enough to use as a liner, and the fallout is pretty bad too. again, I don't really do smokey eyes, so I don't use gunmetal either, and I prefer benefit skinny jeans as a gray liner over this. sidecar is just a chunky glitterball...again, horrible fallout.
also, these shadows don't have good staying power. even over a primer, they fade after a few hours and are generally a little powdery looking on the eyes. I still don't know if i'm going to keep it, because its such a covetted item...
Oh! HARD TO BLEND!!! I have an asian eye and it takes forever to blend these, even then it doesn't blend too well.

--------------------------------------
original review:

I am TORN over this product. Pros/cons:

pros- a ton of colors, all beautiful looking in the pan, decent pigmentation and payoff, nice pairing together, good packaging
cons- looks created with this palette all look a bit similar. for example, smog and toasted look EXTREMELY similar (like the same color almost) on my eye, as well as darkhorse and hustle, pigmentation isn't extremely vibrant, a little too buttery and powdery, a little too metallic, too much fall out if not extremely careful.

so I'll update later maybe. But the big thing for me is how similar some colors look and how different looks created with diff colors look the same on my eye. If that is the case, why pay $64CAD for one, maybe two different eye looks? also, the metallic-ness of these shadows look awful on me! don't get me wrong, i usually love shimmers like the MAC veluxe pearl shadows, but comparing those and the UD colors, the MAC colors seem to have a better finish somehow. anyways, will update in a bit...if still not loving, I will return to sephora

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After much hemming and hawing I FINALLY broke down and bought this palette, and I am so glad I did! It was a purchase that ended up being a great one. I'm someone who is pretty new to eyeshadows and I don't have very many in my arsenal, and very few good-quality basic ones. I'm also epically bad at applying so that's something I need to work on, haha. But even with my poor eyeshadow-ing ability and additional lack of decent brushes, these eyeshadows STILL managed to look nice on me when I swept them on my eyelids. I did try to concentrate the darker shades on the crease and I used Virgin as a highlight (which I love) and the mid-tone shades to blend. I'm getting better at it, but what was extraordinary was how well these shadows blended even for a novice like myself, and how easy it was for these to look good! I am extremely fair, with slight yellow undertones and auburn hair, and the shades all flatter my coloring and my brown/green eyes. I can see these looking good on most people, and so this is why I think the palette is great for you if you are somewhat new to shadows and want to have a nice collection of soft, blendable, pigmented complementing shadows to play with. If you already have a lot of eyeshadows in similar shades, you can probably skip this. As pretty as these are, I wouldn't say they are anything ground-breaking.

Also, as dark and shimmery as some of these are, they never seem to look harsh on me. I think it's because the undertones in all of them are flattering and complement each other. One surprise was how much I loved Darkhorse! I thought it looked so dark and weirdly muddy/swampy in the pan, but on my lids it came alive and gave me an almost effortless smoky eye. The only one I'm a little scared of is Gunmetal, probably because it's cool-toned and might clash with my skin and eyes. But who knows, it's probably beautiful! It looks lovely and shiny in the pan. Plus, in my experience, all the other shades are just so pretty and workable.

All in all, I actually think this palette is a great value, since you get so many shadows for the price and the pans are decent sized. I think mine will last a long while. The only way I can see myself repurchasing is if something happened to the one I have now, in which case I would probably panic and run to Sephora for another. This has become a beloved staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The NAKED palette seems to be the most popular neutral palette around these days. The palette comes with a well-known primer which brings out the true color of the shadows and a great karma brush that packs on the pigment well. The diversity of the shadows is a plus and the amount of combinations is endless. I did not like the amount of fall-out with the shadow "sidecar" but the color is still beautiful. I wish the "virgin" shadow was a bit bigger, and all of the shadows also! I wish it came with larger pans for the price, but this palette is still a great deal for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again if i run out which i doubt i will. Out of the whole palette i only used three shadows. I have fair skin so i don't really do smoky or dark makeup look. I do like to do soft smoky, browns, or natural color look. I like naked, virgin, and half baked the most. I wish there was a matte and shimmer version of this palette. I'm not really into shimmer so i wont be using some of the shadows that came with it.I only wear makeup twice a week like i said, so i wont be using this palette as much as i want to. The price is kind of high but it's reasonable comparing to a urban decay single shadow is about 15 to 17 dollars.