September 18, 2014 | 1409 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by missmcdermott1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this foudation, it looks so natural like your not even wearing makeup as long as you dont layer it. Using the stippling effect work best for an airbrush look. I've been using this for a month and it has not made me break out! This does accentuate dry areas though. Perfect color match. My foundation search is over!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Julianne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would call this foundation average. I have combination skin with a oily t-zone. This applies well (I use a stippling brush) but does not adhere well to my t-zone after a few hours of wear.

The closest color match I could find was 120. I am about an NW 25. The 120 is a little more yellow, but I don't mind because it evens out my redness. The upside is that it blends well and you don't need a ton of product. A bottle lasts me about 2-3 months. It has a pump, which is also a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, but it's nothing super special. It's more of a sheer coverage than medium or full, but that's only with one layer of the foundation on (one pump). If you need more coverage than that, which I do, then you can definitely add more, but that's when it starts to look noticable and cakey. I got it in the shade 115, and I'm a MAC NW15/20. The shade is a perfect match for me. It doesn't last as long as other foundations I've used, even with a primer (Smashbox Photofinish), powder (MSFN), and setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter). It does photograph really well though. I do not like the price tag for how much you get, and with the average results of this. I prefer my Dream Matte Mousse foundation instead, it gives better results for less than a quarter of the price. This foundation works, if you want to spend the money, but I don't.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pretties19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have acne prone oily skin, if you have the same skin type as me do not, I repeat do not buy this foundation. Even after applying an oily control gel I was oily a few hours after applying. Not to mention the coverage is less than good. Even when applied with a brush, the coverage isnt what I would expect from a 40 dollar foundation. Also even when applying a primer before applying this foundation it still wears off within a few hours. Dont get me wrong, it has a beautiful finish, but its not worth 40 dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by tubularr

I love everything about this foundation, except for the price. It's very natural looking, but that depends on how much coverage you need and how much you put on. The pump on this foundation is awesome, it dispenses whatever amount you need. The color range for this foundation is great, too. It's guaranteed you'll find your match. My color is 128 or 118. The 118 is just lighter. Both of these colors say that they are beige tone, but they have a hint of yellow in them, which is great for me. It covers my redness and light acne scarring and stays natural looking, which is awesome. I've gotten compliments when I wear this foundation. The price is steep, but well worth the investment in my opinion. I also have the NARS Sheer Glow and I like the MUFE a tad better because of the packaging, price and overall quality. And of course, this foundation looks amazing in photos. :) I would definitely recommend, and I have, to my friends and I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I love that this brand has alot of shades. I actually found a similar match to my Mac C40 (153). This foundation is medium coverage, even though it says med to full coverage. I prefer full coverage make up because I have mild rosacea, so this didn't cover up my redness very well. It also settled into my fine lines, which was very obvious. Overall it's not bad, but I wish it had better coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by muffintoyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily acne prone skin, so this foundation was not good for me. The coverage is great, but because of the type of skin i have, after 2-3 hrs, my whole face was oily, even after I had applied a daily oil control (before applying this foundation). I would recommend this foundation for people with dry skin, like my mom wears this foundation and its great for her.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Frannylou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has turned out to be my favorite fall/winter foundation. Everyone should know your skin changes and you need to change your foundation along with the weather and your skins needs. I am 48 and aging gracefully, but still want to have a foundation that covers those aging flaws without feeling or looking cakey. And this does just that. Even my husband says how beautfiul I look when I wear it compare to other foundations. Now that speaks volumes. We cannot stop aging completely, but it's nice to have a foundation to ease us on our way. Make us look more glowing and smoother. If you find you feel too heavy or greasy with a primer then don't use one with it. The key is feeling a product out, before you throw it out. Sephora gives you the color key on their page as far as fair, light, yellow, beige, or pink undertones. Educate yourself on these things. It will help you a great deal to look fantastic at any age. Not only is this my favorite foundation for fall/Winter, I feel it gives me some moisture (silicones) to protect me from the harsh enviroment. But my husbands favorite on me as well, and the compliments are an added plus :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by dpatel1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this is a pretty good foundation but the staying power is not that great, it has medium coverage, but it does make me pretty oily, it's very blendable. I was really dissapointed with this but I started to mix it with my Revlon ColorStay in Rich Ginger which was too light for me and when I mix this foundation it's a great color and is more coverage and more blendable. So alone it's a 3/5 and with colorstay i give it a 4/5! The price doesn't bother me becuase it lasts so long and they have a great color selection!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by dbgirl23

This foundation is very easy to blend. I dab it around my face and then use a skunk brush to blend it out. I do need a little powder on my T zone. The coverage is sheer to medium, and very natural looking.

It has no scent and comes in a lot of shades. I'm about an NC 25 in MAC and I purchased 120 in MUFE HD.

The price is a little steep, but I thought I would give it a try when I got a coupon from Sephora. I'm very happy I did!