October 2, 2014 | 986 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by fresh76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried SO many foundations - from Laura Mercier to Armani - and this, by far, trumps them all. I have oily skin so I have accepted (after a number of tries) that no foundation is ideal for oily skin (i've tried Chanel Mat Lumiere, Bare Escentuals Matte formula, etc), so I have been primarily targeting a foundation that provides smooth, clean coverage - and this one is the best! My favourite thing about it (aside from not really feeling it on my skin during the day) is that when my skin is dry due to the winter weather, using this foundation makes my skin feel super comfortable. It doesn't feel too heavy or slick - it just feels like it delivers adequate hydration. I love this foundation and I will not buy any other liquid foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by simplystephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim because everyone on youtube seemed to be inlove with it. It's okay, nothing special and it also seemed to accentuate my dry patches.. I don't think i would repurchase, I only keep it in my makeup-kit for clients. It looks amazing in photos! but for real life, not really necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This didn't live up to the hype for me. It caked around blemishes and looked dry on my face. The coverage is not amazing. I have to put it on reallly lightly, like spot application to get a natural look. If I put too much on I look weird, even though my shade is right. I also don't think that it lasts very long on your face and is too drying for my skin. I also think it might be breaking me out if I leave it on too long. I prefer the face and body foundation to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have really been loving this foundation! I have dry skin and I'm NC15. I got shade 117.

I haven't taken any photos with it yet, so I'm not sure how great of an HD effect it will have (will update once I do). I read other reviews before buying and noticed that one of the major cons is that it has poor staying power. I've not sure about it because every time I have used this I have applied a primer (MUFE HD primer) and a powder (MAC MSFN) and it lasts all day for me. This is medium coverage, which I don't need a full coverage foundation anyway.I apply it with my sigma F80. I love the finish this gives me! It's dewy and makes my skin look flawless. The best part is that it looks like MY skin, not makeup!

Pros- Packaging is great, dewy finish but doesn't make your skin look oily, wide shade selection, it looks like skin, it makes my skin look perfect!

Cons- price ($40 is a lot for one foundation), doesn't last long.

Bottom line- It is a great foundation. It's perfect for me but I would NOT buy this if you have oily skin,are looking for a full coverage foundation, or if you like a matte finish.
This has replaced my revlon colorstay and is now my new HG. The only thing that would hold me back from buying again is the $40 price tag, but I know it's worth it so I will!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chloexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased the HD foundation for use in the winter. I usually use mineral but I find my face is to dry in the colder weather. So far I am loving it. I chose 117 and it is an exact match! It is the first time I have had a foundation match so well. I find applying with my fingers creates the most natural look for my skin. I will repurchase but will probably go back the BE in the warmer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color match was great (Im NC 25 and got #120) but it never really "stuck" to my skin. BTW I have fairly clear normal skin. I feel that this foundation staying power is horrible. Within 2 hours it looked patchy (even when setting with powder) and by the end of the day it was completely off. Thank goodness I didn't give up on Make up forever foundations. I ended up trying the Face and Body one and I loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by missmcdermott1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this foudation, it looks so natural like your not even wearing makeup as long as you dont layer it. Using the stippling effect work best for an airbrush look. I've been using this for a month and it has not made me break out! This does accentuate dry areas though. Perfect color match. My foundation search is over!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Julianne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would call this foundation average. I have combination skin with a oily t-zone. This applies well (I use a stippling brush) but does not adhere well to my t-zone after a few hours of wear.

The closest color match I could find was 120. I am about an NW 25. The 120 is a little more yellow, but I don't mind because it evens out my redness. The upside is that it blends well and you don't need a ton of product. A bottle lasts me about 2-3 months. It has a pump, which is also a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, but it's nothing super special. It's more of a sheer coverage than medium or full, but that's only with one layer of the foundation on (one pump). If you need more coverage than that, which I do, then you can definitely add more, but that's when it starts to look noticable and cakey. I got it in the shade 115, and I'm a MAC NW15/20. The shade is a perfect match for me. It doesn't last as long as other foundations I've used, even with a primer (Smashbox Photofinish), powder (MSFN), and setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter). It does photograph really well though. I do not like the price tag for how much you get, and with the average results of this. I prefer my Dream Matte Mousse foundation instead, it gives better results for less than a quarter of the price. This foundation works, if you want to spend the money, but I don't.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pretties19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have acne prone oily skin, if you have the same skin type as me do not, I repeat do not buy this foundation. Even after applying an oily control gel I was oily a few hours after applying. Not to mention the coverage is less than good. Even when applied with a brush, the coverage isnt what I would expect from a 40 dollar foundation. Also even when applying a primer before applying this foundation it still wears off within a few hours. Dont get me wrong, it has a beautiful finish, but its not worth 40 dollars.