Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I use this every single day as my eyeshadow base! It works better than UDPP for me. My eyeshadows don't crease at ALL and I have an issue with creasing. I also wear it alone on days I don't wear foundation and it's a nice natural look.

on 1/24/2009 5:42:00 PM

I had been using this for awhile when I lost it soooo one morning before work I ran into the walgreens and got the "shine free" powder by same brand. It was cheaper and since i intended to find my other, i didnt really care. Well, I like the shine free so so so much better. Both are nice and have a good consistency, but I feel that the shine free is actually more matte than the "matte" one!!! It keeps shine away all work day for me. That is amazing in my book. This dream matte stuff is not so matte. Strange. It costs more and I detest the swivel container as well.

on 1/23/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is my hg powder. better then mac, sephora and a million others ive tried. the most perfect matte face & i found a perfect color match (medium 2.5) which alot of girl struggle with... it lasts all day and you cant beat 8 bucks if you love it....the packaging is a little annoying it has like 2 different swivlel compartments and sometimes open on their own....i dont know if you understood that...lol but honestly the best powder ever...it really is matte..if thats what your looking for....definately a must try girls....

on 1/22/2009 6:24:00 PM

I really like this powder. I wouldn't say that it's HG, but I will continue to buy it, I think. I have it in the lightest shade it comes in, and it's just a nice neutrally ivory. It doesn't do too much to keep shine at bay, but it doesn't claim to. It sets make-up very nicely and gives the face a nice even finish. It's pressed, but when you use a brush (or the sponge that comes with it, which I don't actually mind) it's still pretty finely milled. It's a nice setting powder. I use it over my other foundation. It doesn't really give much as far as coverage goes if used alone.

on 1/22/2009 12:39:00 AM

I have this in Medium Beige 2-2.5. This is very finely milled and I use this for touchups as it isn't heavy coverage at all. I use this to set my foundation and for midday touch up mostly in my forehead. I would definitely buy again because it's a very nice powder.

on 1/20/2009 2:02:00 PM

Another great MUA find! I generally use MAC Blot Powder for afternoon touch ups but this is a pretty good substitute. It's very finely milled and not at all cakey on your skin. More importantly, it helps take the shine off your face without causing any breakouts. I bought Sand, which may be a tad too dark for my winter complexion, so next time I think I'll try one shade lighter (but I didn't base my review on my error in colour choice). I think Blot may have the edge on this, but I can buy this at my local drug store, often on sale, for about 1/3 the price. Will repurchase.

on 1/18/2009 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave a try to this product, and I actually like it. It has a nice matte and lightweight finish. It is also oil free which is great for oily skin. I got it in "latte" a dark color. I find my skintone too pale so I like to choose darker shades that I lightly apply and blend well to give me a healthy look. The box contains a sponge and a mirror but I would recommand to apply the powder with a powder brush.

on 1/18/2009 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried many drugstore powders, but Maybelline is the only brand that can keep my super oily face under control. There are many shades, so its really easy to find one in my color. The only thing I didn't really like was the amount of shimmer in it.

on 1/17/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Who said this powder cost $6.99?I! Ohh Dios! this powder is the best pressed powder i ever use.I use to wear Mac,but this is much better.I look flawless and beautiful,oh mamacita nobody believe that this is a drugstore brand.

on 1/15/2009 5:08:00 PM

This is the best powder I've ever used! It keeps my face matte all day long. I've gone through 3 of these and am almost done with my fourth. Good thing I have a back up waiting for me :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials