November 27, 2014 | 1510 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jinjit

I bought this based on the good reviews here. I really like the packaging, though I don't use the puff that comes with it, I use a brush instead. But I still think it's a cool idea! The powder stays on well over foundation and/or moisturizer and does indeed give a nice matte finish. The only thing that is not so great for me is that I have a lot of fine hairs on my face and in the right (or wrong?) light, this powder seems to make them stand out more. Maybe this is just a problem I will have no matter what powder I use (I have just started wearing makeup, so I have not tried a lot of things), but I will probably buy something else after I run out of this just to see. Otherwise, good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Best powder EVER.It makes my oily skin completly matte.Usually most powders will cover the oil up some,but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by anotheremptysky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this every single day as my eyeshadow base! It works better than UDPP for me. My eyeshadows don't crease at ALL and I have an issue with creasing. I also wear it alone on days I don't wear foundation and it's a nice natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using this for awhile when I lost it soooo one morning before work I ran into the walgreens and got the "shine free" powder by same brand. It was cheaper and since i intended to find my other, i didnt really care. Well, I like the shine free so so so much better. Both are nice and have a good consistency, but I feel that the shine free is actually more matte than the "matte" one!!! It keeps shine away all work day for me. That is amazing in my book. This dream matte stuff is not so matte. Strange. It costs more and I detest the swivel container as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Lisaxox425

this is my hg powder. better then mac, sephora and a million others ive tried. the most perfect matte face & i found a perfect color match (medium 2.5) which alot of girl struggle with... it lasts all day and you cant beat 8 bucks if you love it....the packaging is a little annoying it has like 2 different swivlel compartments and sometimes open on their own....i dont know if you understood that...lol but honestly the best powder ever...it really is matte..if thats what your looking for....definately a must try girls....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I really like this powder. I wouldn't say that it's HG, but I will continue to buy it, I think. I have it in the lightest shade it comes in, and it's just a nice neutrally ivory. It doesn't do too much to keep shine at bay, but it doesn't claim to. It sets make-up very nicely and gives the face a nice even finish. It's pressed, but when you use a brush (or the sponge that comes with it, which I don't actually mind) it's still pretty finely milled. It's a nice setting powder. I use it over my other foundation. It doesn't really give much as far as coverage goes if used alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by imissuga

I have this in Medium Beige 2-2.5. This is very finely milled and I use this for touchups as it isn't heavy coverage at all. I use this to set my foundation and for midday touch up mostly in my forehead. I would definitely buy again because it's a very nice powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

Another great MUA find! I generally use MAC Blot Powder for afternoon touch ups but this is a pretty good substitute. It's very finely milled and not at all cakey on your skin. More importantly, it helps take the shine off your face without causing any breakouts. I bought Sand, which may be a tad too dark for my winter complexion, so next time I think I'll try one shade lighter (but I didn't base my review on my error in colour choice). I think Blot may have the edge on this, but I can buy this at my local drug store, often on sale, for about 1/3 the price. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Glamorista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave a try to this product, and I actually like it. It has a nice matte and lightweight finish. It is also oil free which is great for oily skin. I got it in "latte" a dark color. I find my skintone too pale so I like to choose darker shades that I lightly apply and blend well to give me a healthy look. The box contains a sponge and a mirror but I would recommand to apply the powder with a powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by applecider918

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried many drugstore powders, but Maybelline is the only brand that can keep my super oily face under control. There are many shades, so its really easy to find one in my color. The only thing I didn't really like was the amount of shimmer in it.