July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by imissuga

I have this in Medium Beige 2-2.5. This is very finely milled and I use this for touchups as it isn't heavy coverage at all. I use this to set my foundation and for midday touch up mostly in my forehead. I would definitely buy again because it's a very nice powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

Another great MUA find! I generally use MAC Blot Powder for afternoon touch ups but this is a pretty good substitute. It's very finely milled and not at all cakey on your skin. More importantly, it helps take the shine off your face without causing any breakouts. I bought Sand, which may be a tad too dark for my winter complexion, so next time I think I'll try one shade lighter (but I didn't base my review on my error in colour choice). I think Blot may have the edge on this, but I can buy this at my local drug store, often on sale, for about 1/3 the price. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Glamorista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave a try to this product, and I actually like it. It has a nice matte and lightweight finish. It is also oil free which is great for oily skin. I got it in "latte" a dark color. I find my skintone too pale so I like to choose darker shades that I lightly apply and blend well to give me a healthy look. The box contains a sponge and a mirror but I would recommand to apply the powder with a powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by applecider918

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried many drugstore powders, but Maybelline is the only brand that can keep my super oily face under control. There are many shades, so its really easy to find one in my color. The only thing I didn't really like was the amount of shimmer in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by gulimba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Who said this powder cost $6.99?I! Ohh Dios! this powder is the best pressed powder i ever use.I use to wear Mac,but this is much better.I look flawless and beautiful,oh mamacita nobody believe that this is a drugstore brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

This is the best powder I've ever used! It keeps my face matte all day long. I've gone through 3 of these and am almost done with my fourth. Good thing I have a back up waiting for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by redelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used many powders in my search for something that reduces shine and this works a lot more effectively than some of the more expensive ones.
It goes on like silk and creates a matte, but illuminated effect. I apply with a large brush and, combined with EL DW, it gives me a flawless finish. When I touch up during the day it doesn't cake and always looks natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I donít use powder on my whole face daily, I just apply it on my eyelids to prevent creasing, and this powder works well for that purpose. But when I happen to use this powder on my whole face, I apply it with a large brush. Itís very natural-looking and longlasting. I have it in 02 Rose Ivory, which is just right for my pale complexion. This might be the first time I havenít had to purchase the lightest shade! :D However, I really hate the case! Why canít it be like other, regular powder cases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Where has this powder been all of my life? HG, HG, HG ! I didn't try this sooner because for me "Matte" powder makes me think heavy, drying and cakey, Well this isn't any of those. This is a very light beautiful powder in fact it's a dupe of Giorgio Armani's Silk powder having the exact ingredients with a slightly different order. I put this on over my foundation and my skin looks airbrushed. I have skin that leans towards the dry side but can get a little oily in the t-zone. This does not dry my skin at all and does a good job of controlling shine without making my skin look dull. I am NW15/20 and chose Light 2-3 and it's a perfect match. Love this powder.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

So far I like this powder a lot! I think I've finally given up on mineral makeup for good because my skin just can't tolerate it. Instead, I've decided to just go with concealer and powder for now. I bought this powder for that purpose and it is doing wonderfully. I like that it gives more coverage than other powders, while looking so natural. It's very silky and light, but the most impressive thing about it is the oil-control that it provides. With everything else I've used, my skin gets shiny within hours but not with this! I'm so impressed that it lives up to its name. My only small complaint is that it accentuates a few flakes, but what powder doesn't? I will update this if it causes breakouts.

UPDATE: This did irritate my skin. I think it was the dimethicone, which gives me problems sometimes. I just dropped one lippie because otherwise it's a great product.