BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1982 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

I absolutely love this mascara!! I received it for Christmas in 2012, so I have been using it for nearly six months now. I have really been happy with the use of this mascara. It gives a lot of volume and length to my lashes with just a few coats. The only problem I have with it is that the price is a bit too extravagant for a mascara. Fair enough it is from a brilliant brand, I absolutely love Benefit, but I think the price of it might scare people away, but trust me, it's definitely worth the buy! There is also a smaller bottle for about £9.50 sold in the UK if you want to test it first.

on 6/2/2013 9:03:00 PM

I got this product as a birthday gift from sephora so I can't speak for the price and the packaging. I love the wand. The spikey dome really does a great job of reaching those tiny, hard to get to hairs. It coats well but doesn't cause spider lashes, even after layering on a second coat. The mascara itself is really awesome too. Not crumbling or smearing. It dried fast so no black dots on my skin where the lashes touched. It also lasts but comes off easily with baby oil :)

on 6/2/2013 5:38:00 PM

The best mascara I have ever used..... Gives wonderful results tho I would say your lashes don't quite look like the pictures on the box but genuinely the closest thing u can get to falsies without wearing falsies :-)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After using the sample size which came free with June's Elle magazine, I have to say that I have honestly been asked if my eyelashes are real or inserts! Mascara has to be a winner in two ways, the formula and the brush. Whilst the brush for this product looks like the type you get on cheaper chemist-bought mascaras, it works well to build up the the product on your lashes. I find using the tip of the brush on the outer corners really works to build volume. At £19.50 it's a pretty good competitor compared to Diorshow and Lancôme Hypnose which also retail at the £20 mark. Highly recommend this for people looking for more volume in their lashes!

on 6/2/2013 7:47:00 AM

Best mascara ever! I personally hated benefits bad gal lash do I was a little sceptical about this one, but this stuff is seriously amazing no mascara has ever made my lashes look as good as this stuff! I took one lippy off due to the fact that it is hard to remove but would defiantly repurchase.

on 6/2/2013 5:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My fave mascara by a mile! I've been using it pretty much every day for a year, which is testament to its performance. Have probably gone though 3 or 4 tubes. Lashes look thick and long, but still pretty natural. Actually stays on my lashes all day, even through a hectic day at work, occasional gym visits and the odd accidental eye rub! Other high-end mascaras have given me panda eyes in no time and I had resigned myself to using waterproof mascara until I found this. Comes off reasonably easily with an oil cleanser; very easily with eye make-up remover.

on 6/1/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this mascara. At first, when I saw a rave about this, I didn't understand why. But when I got a sample size from SEPHORA and tried it out, I was IN LOVE. It impressed me soooo much that I'm going out to get the full size. It made my lashes look super long and it actually curled my lashes. I put it on without curling them to test it out. It didn't give that much volume but it gave a lot of length! It was starting to turn clumpy but when I continued and was careful with it, it worked out perfectly!! It doesn't go on dry, it's actually kinda wet. For me, I don't care whether a mascara is wetnor dry as long as it works well! After the mascara dries, it doesn't feel thick and fake or sticky and gel like, it actually feels NATURAL like ur real lashes while they look fake! I would say a good dupe for this is maybelline the falsies!
This mascara also lasts super long!!!

on 6/1/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara really does make your lashes look bigger, longer, and thicker, plus it held it's curl. I found it to be quite clumpy (but not overly clumpy where I have spider lashes) and you do need to be careful to slide off some excess. The brush is very handy. It is the generic silicone bristle brush (like Lashblast from CoverGirl) and has a little bit ball-ish end (kinda reminds me of L'Oreal's older version of the Telescopic brush). It really helps to cover every lash. The formula is alright; it doesn't hurt my eyes and it really does make my lashes stand out. However, I find that you can feel the mascara (if that makes sense): I found it to never dry properly and remained tacky for majority of the wearing time and that it felt heavier throughout the day/night. Luckily, it did not take out any of my lashes, but for a mascara that never dried properly, it is painstaking to take it off. I ended up using a whole makeup remover wipe just for mascara (and I did what I warned in the beginning: slide off the excess). As beautiful my lashes are with this mascara, it is too high maintenance... especially for it's price.
I got this (probably like most people writing this review) as a gift from Sephora. I am aware that it is $23.00 in Ulta, Sephora, and any Benefit counter. Right away, the one thing I can tell you that I do not like is the price. I am use to spending half of that on a drugstore mascara. To me, unless I'm getting it as an added bonus to a purchase, I do not use high end mascaras.
In my opinion, I do not find this mascara horrible, nor do I find it great. If I could be more precise with my lippies, I would have given this mascara a 2.3 out of 5. Would I purchase this on my own? No. I feel that I can get a decent mascara that does something similar (might not be as false-lashes-like... but lengthen and thicken) with a cheaper mascara.

on 6/1/2013 11:51:00 AM

It looks seriously AMAZING on me. Like, seriously. It fans them out, adds volume, is not clumpy, and is the blackest black I've ever seen. It looks fierce.

Now the bad side. After it's on for a while, I can *feel* it. It gets hard and stiff and I am actually conscious that I have on mascara. I have never had this happen in my life! I have got to say that I now get the appeal of "soft" in Maybelline Full and Soft. Because this mascara is actually uncomfortable.

The other thing is that it is hard to take off! It wears like iron, but be prepared to wrestle it off like it's waterproof. Bifacil did the job, after holding a soaked cotton pad on my eye for like a full minute...ain't nobody got time for that!

I think I'll wear this only for special occasions. It looks amazing, but wow, what a pain in the ass it is.

*came back to add: if you remove this mascara with oil it comes off easily. I use extra virgin coconut oil and really massage it in to work the product loose, then I use a hot wet wash rag to remove it. The oil also conditions your lashes so you aren't getting the damaging removal some others have mentioned.

on 6/1/2013 9:17:00 AM

I wanted this mascara for so long after hearing so many people raving about it and calling it their "holy grail" mascara, but I have to say for me personally, I was dissapointed.

Firstly, on a positive note, I think the packaging really does portray that high end and sleek look, but it is the product itself that really let's BeneFit down. For me, the formula is verging on watery and I can't seem to get any kind of volume on my lashes at all. It is most definitely lengthening as my lashes were the longest they'd ever been but that took various coats with a very scratchy and plastic brush. I can see why people love this mascara as it does genuinely stay exactly the same as you apply it to when you go to take it off at the end of the day. I think this product is very similar to the Maybelline Illegal Length mascara as they both tend to give dramatic length and lack on any volume.
Overall I seem to prefer more thick and I supposes almost dry mascaras rather than this one as I'm not really fussed aout length in comparison to volume.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products