BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1938 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 5/19/2013 6:29:00 AM

I love this mascara but also understand why some users hate it. If used correctly with small wiggling motions at the base of the lashes followed by a short sweeping motion upwards it does make my lashes look false. That said, it does clump up very easily and you have to be very careful when applying with the tip not to transfer too much product or you'll end up with spidery lashes. I have naturally very long and quite thick lashes so this gives enough volume for me but for those with shorter or more sparse lashes there will be no false effect as claimed. This mascara has never flaked on me and always stays put in the rain despite it not being available in a waterproof formula. The product is very expensive but it does not dry out quickly. I would repurchase as it makes my lashes look better that every other mascara I've tried!

on 5/19/2013 12:13:00 AM

This mascara unfortunately did not live up to the hype for me. While it does deliver thick, full lashes with no clumps (its quite lengthening as well) there is one big drawback that keeps me searching for my HG mascara: the formula is WAY too wet. Within 5-6 hours of wear time I always have black smudges near my brows and under my eyes. I've never had this problem with other mascaras before, but this one is so bad that it keeps me from reaching for it. If you are at all oily, especially on your eyelids, I would skip this. The mascara did dry out a little after the tube had been opened for 3-4 weeks, but not by a lot. If you prefer mascaras with a dryer formula, skip this and choose from the myriad of better (and cheaper) options at the drugstore.

One last note: I always have trouble finding this tube in my makeup bag. I thought all of the massive, brightly colored tubes offered by Maybelline and Covergirl were a little obnoxious, but I never find myself having to dig in my bag to find them. So there's that (first world problems?).

on 5/18/2013 11:50:00 PM

I really liked this mascara, I would say it's one of the best I've tried. It separated my lashes and added a lot of length (but not that much volume). Unlike with other mascaras, I didn't experience clumping (until near the end of its shelf life), any irritation to my eyes, or lots of smudging under the eyes. Overall I think it's a great product and I would buy it again if I could afford it :(

on 5/18/2013 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This mascara worked well for me. I personally love these kinds of plastic brushes because I feel like they separate lashes much easier than others. I have long lashes that have a bit of a natural curl, so I don't use a lash curler. I feel like this mascara really brings out the curl and holds it. It's also very buildable and it lengthens my lashes a lot. Even my very oblivious boyfriend has commented on how long my lashes look when I use this! It's kind of pricey but I would definitely purchase this again.

on 5/18/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I guess I'm one of the few who really liked this:-( I got the sephora gift for my bday and it included this and watts up. I decided to give it a try. At first I wasn't too impressed but I put it on in a hurry. The second time I loved it!!! I have long thin straight lashes and this actually gives me a slight curl, lengthens, thickens and doesn't give me raccoon eyes. I love it!!!! I can layer it to give me the thickness I like and I love the brush. It makes it easy to get corner lashes. I don't have trouble removing it either. I use mac cleanse off oil and then wash face with Neutrogena deep clean wash and voila!!! It comes right off no problem at all. I ended up buying the full size. I highly recommend but i understand all products work different on everyone.

on 5/18/2013 1:57:00 AM

This Is a big no for me! It's so sticky and all clumpy. I could get something from Walmart for way cheaper and it would work 10 times better!

on 5/16/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really liked the brush on this mascara, especially the little spiky ball-end that allows for easier application in the corners of the eye!

The mascara itself seemed okay. I have very long (but very blonde) lashes naturally, so it's kind of hard for me to tell if it adds a lot of length. The color was nice, the volume was fine.

When it came to take it off, though, it was awful. The mascara just did not want to come off, regardless of what kind of remover I used, and I ended up losing a fair number of lashes in the process. If I had shorter lashes that benefitted more from this mascara, maybe the insane removal process would be worth it, but it just wasn't for me.

on 5/16/2013 12:04:00 PM

um, no. there are so many better drugstore mascaras than this. didn't do much for my already long lashes, wasn not dark enough, and the worst part was it pulled out lashes like whoa.
never never.

on 5/16/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Although this mascara is pretty volumizing, I just can't stand how easy it smudges on me and causes panda eyes. Disappointed.

on 5/15/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got a try-size of this mascara as a gift and I am glad I did not spend money on it, as it would be a total waste.
It smudges pretty badly on me. I have to admit I am wearing concealer in under-eye area, but my other mascaras don`t give me panda eyes, like this one does.

I wasn`t impressed with neither application (found it uneven), nor with the end result. My lashes looked ok, but no extra length was detected. It gives a decent volume, but I am sure you can find that effect in cheaper brands.

All in all I wouldn`t recommend it to a friend.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products