BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2091 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 7/22/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this from Sephora. I ended up tossing it after about 2 or 3 uses. I'm not crazy about the applicator. It is not a brush, it has the "precision bristles". I've found that these applicators do not seem to work well with my lashes. They're long enough as is, I just like fullness. I feel that they "grab" the lashes more at the root but when you get to the end of the lashes it just turns into a mess. I won't be purchasing a full size of this product.

on 7/22/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

After trying a lot of Benefits products it really doesn't surprise me that this mascara is so expensive ($20)!! I don't really love/like Benefit products because of my experience BUT... I LOVE this product!! It truly made my lashes look fuller and longer!! This is the only mascara i've found that makes my lashes look amazing!! I will be stocking up on this product!!

on 7/21/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. It is good for a dramatic nighttime look. It separated my lashes well and made them look full and lush. It didn't clump or smudge. My one complaint is that it did make my lashes feel hard.

on 7/21/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is ok but for the price, I wouldn't repurchase again as you could buy others for a third of the price (Maybelline, Max Factor)

on 7/20/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! It's the best mascara yet.. My eyelashes tend to clump together if i use a sucky mascara but this doesnt.. And it doesnt weigh my lashes down.. They make my lashes longer and prettier!

on 7/20/2013 5:54:00 PM

Ive been using the mini version of this for a while and I really dont understand the hype for it. Its just *ok* and the results arent any better than say my maybelline falsies. Also its VERY difficult to use this on my bottom lashes, its just makes a MESS and clumps them together..I just dont get it!! Cute packaging though. I feel like I do alot of *fixing it* after I apply it than with my other mascaras.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Out of all the mascaras I've ever used, this is my absolute favourite.
This is my HG Mascara.

It does everything perfectly
Even though it is pricey, it is worth every single penny.

It makes my lashes look a hell of a lot longer, more curled, more volumized. Everything. And it doesn't flake off or smudge
It really makes my lashes look amazing

I will use this mascara for the rest of my life

It's really that amazing

:D

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I hate it that I love this mascara. I received it as a sample from Sephora. It's just too expensive. Here are the pros and cons:

The brush is great. The bristles are short enough to avoid globs, and there is a ball-shape at the end. I was able to really wing my lashes out with it. The trick is to apply the mascara on the TOP of the upper lashes first. Then, you put it on in the regular way. I curled first and after application.

It didn't do much for volume. I'll have to use something else, first. Then, use this to lengthen. Also, I noticed that around 7 hours after application, I would be tempted to buy this for special occasions, but those never come.

So, if you feel as if you deserve a present--or if you have money to spare--buy this and use it every day before it dries out. That's the only way to get your money's worth. If you can't afford it--or if you can't justify paying that much for it--buy something else. I just wish it was offered in waterproof.

on 7/19/2013 2:44:00 PM

I didn't expect to like this mascara at all (having had bad experiences with Benefit mascaras before) but this was actually quite nice. The brush was odd....it had a strange ball shape at one end, presumably to apply mascara to the lower lashes. But the rest of the brush worked very well to separate my lashes and coat them evenly with the product. I normally steer well clear of non-waterproof mascaras since I live in a very humid environment and they always end up smudging. This mascara was somewhat of a surprise though, it stayed put all day, no smudging, and even remained smudge free after a shower. Easy to remove and really darkened my lashes. I have yet to try this when I am outside all day (that is the real test of a truly waterproof mascara in Florida) but I am confident that this will work pretty well. Not sure if I would repurchase since I already use my HG (CG Lash Exact Waterproof) but it may very well become something I reach for more and more often.

on 7/18/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Although this mascara is pricy for me, I will continue to buy it because it works like no other mascara on my lashes. I have a problem with keeping my lashes curled. Even when I curl them, the become pin-straight within an hour. This mascara keeps them curled. My lashes look thicker, longer, and the pigment is very dark. It isn't marketed as waterproof, but I do find that it is sweat-proof, as it doesn't run or smudge on me in the summer. This is definitely worth the price, and I will continue to purchase this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials