January 31, 2015 | 1620 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3.4(1903 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this for free, thank goodness. I have naturally long, thick, curly lashes but I want some mascara so my eyes can look BAM. This made me look not so bam. It was way too wet, to the point that it smeared everywhere as I waited for it to dry. It makes my lashes thicker, the same way tarantula legs are thick. I tried multiple application methods but it always looked goopy. Not clumpy, but goopy. The brush is a nice idea, but the domed end holds WAY too much product and the bristles are so long I hurt my eyes a few times. Ow! Revlon made a brush this style and did it better so it wasn't a tiny medievil torture device.

This may work for someone who actually really needs something to thicken lashes. If you already have thick lashes, this formula just globs them all together. Very poor separation. Loreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes does a better jobs on length and volume and with better separation and buildability.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by meghanp91

This is the best mascara I've ever owned, hands down. I can use it alone and it still looks good, but if I use a lighter mascara as a base it's phenomenal. I love pairing this with a smokey eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by FWM2012

I love this mascara at least on my top lashes. I was told that it was buildable but I found that it wasn't that easy to add mascara especially since it dried very quickly. However I don't want my eyelashes to look fake but just to look thicker because I have very fine, curly & short lashes. For my bottom lashes I find that Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara works best on my short fine lashes. I used this mascara nearly everyday and very often on its own. it makes my eyes look alive. I just use this and a little bit of lipstick and that's my minimum makeup look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kattleya

I love this mascara. My upper lashes are long but not thick and my lower lashes are very short and fine. I like that this mascara doesn't clump on my lashes, and i like the cannonball shape at the end of the wand because that is working really well for my hard to primp lower lashes.

I don't think that the mascara makes spidery lashes, it depends on your technique. I apply my first coat brushing up and my second coat doing the zig-zag motion. Then i point straight the cannonball shape to my lower lashes and brush it side to side. Brushing downwards makes my lower lashes smears black mascara on the skin below, and i kinda hate when that happens because it's so hard to wipe the black residue flawlessly.

Mascara stays really well but i don't know if it's waterproof because it goes off whenever i wash my face. I never cry when i use this mascara and never got soaked wet because of rain or swimming so i never tested how waterproof it really is. At night after i washed my face i used baby oil and cotton pad to remove the black eye effect after washing, and it is really easy with only just baby oil. I never use eye make up remover because i like the smell of the baby oil and also it works great on every stubborn waterproof make up.

All in all i'd buy this mascara again and again, because after all this years only They're Real mascara that does not clump, has great effect on my lower lashes, does not harden my lashes after one coat, and i have received a lot compliment saying that it looks like fake lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by SofiaRN421

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this for my lower lashes. I use it daily. Makes my eyes pop!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by purpleredswirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this mascara was not what I was hoping it to be. It's not the worst mascara. It at least does put product on your lashes unlike some other mascaras that seem to do nothing or very little. HOWEVER, there is a fine line between when this mascara looks good to looking like gross clumped together mess. It happens between some random number of coats. For example coat 2 will look great but as soon as coat 3 goes on it's disaster. The end of the brush looks like it was suppose to be designed to be awesome for getting to the corners of eyes and all those small lashes. Too much product goes on and you end up spending too much time trying to get the product off on the container thus making the tube all gross. I also find that sometimes I end up "stabbing" myself with the bristles. Idk why this brush does it when I'm using it the same as any other mascara.

I wouldn't repurchase because the price doesn't match the product. I've used cheaper mascaras that I prefer and will not repurchase this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Traincase

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I got it for half off at Sephora late last summer. I was hesitant to purchase a $30 mascara at first. Thanks to the VIB sale, plus a Wrapp gift certificate for $10 of Sephora, I just had to try it.

When I was using the product alone, it came out a bit clumpy and spidery. Then on a whim I used it and followed with Badgal masacra and now it works like a dream.

I really wish there was a waterproof version though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this mascara and the highlighter as the free birthday gift from Sephora. I like the brush because it is not like the giant brushes out there. I really hate the big brushes even though majority of the folks disagree. The formula is nice because it is doesn't sting or irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). My lashes are already long so I cannot comment on the lengthening effect, but it definitely gives a good amount of volume. It does take a minute or so for it to dry. Also, application is the key to this mascara so I would follow the instructions on the packaging. Although this is a great mascara, I love my l'oreal mascara and it is cheap so I don't feel the need to purchase a higher end mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

This is the best mascara for my bottom lashes. The bristles make application and separation super easy. Sadly, not for my top lashes. I prefer big wands with close but separated bristles. They work the best for me and actually get product onto my lashes.

I really wish there was a waterproof version though. So I could avoid looking like a raccoon by the end of the day. I would recommend this for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Horrible...I have tried some crap mascaras before but this is terrible . No length no volume. No curl or lift.Nothing! Glad I only bought the mini. Still I feel a little ripped off. Honestly people. The drug store mascaras have their game down when it comes to mascaras. I have tried a few higher end brands and none I say none so far have beat drug store brands. Save your money skip this one!