April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by AryBoooo63

I bought this In peach and I love it! :DD
it was soooo cheap.
It's like an effortless nude lip and it's glossy too.
It smells... like peaches, which is nice! haha.
The only cons it has are that:
It has sunscreen in it, so it tastes bad.
And I've actually had to start using chpastick under it cause my lips are really dry now :(
but other than that, it's a great color! and I reccomend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because the price was right, the name is cute, and I'm now requiring my lip color to double-duty as lip treatment. My lips always chap, and I'm fed up w/ having to carry lipstick and lip balm in my ltd space purse. I was also looking for more colors than the WONDERFULLY moisturizing but terrible color line of Neutrogen revitalizing lip tx (of which only Sunny Berry and Fresh Plum look natural and flattering). I tried Baby Lips Peach Kiss. It's not Peach. It is more of a neutral tan/beige frost. The frost sparkles are small an not excessive but look a tad white-ish/blue-ish. The color is transparent and not overall blue, just a little too cool to be called peach, which should be warmer in tone. If you are looking for a paler neutral lip, this is fine. No offensive scent. Unfortunately, the moisturizing effect wears off quickly, and I seemed to end up with drier, crustier lips in about 2-3 hrs than when I put it on. In a lip balm that claims to moisturize, this is BAD news. Lip balm is supposed to moisturize, period. This bam ability to moisturize was not even in the same league as that of the Neutrogena, as bad as Neutrogena's color selection may be. It's possible that other colors are more moisturizing, as I've had that experience with other lip products. Because the price is low, I am willing to try other colors to test this possibility, but am wary. UPDATE: I tried Pink Punch. Very Nicki Minaj cool blue-toned bubblegum pink. Looks and feels great for about an hour, looks AWESOME with the Peach Kiss on top to tone down the bubblegum tone and give a bit of neutral pearliness, but after that, my lips kept drying up worse than before. I kept re-applying and at first, feels great, then my lips kept getting drier and drier. It was a vicious circle. Maybe it's the SS ingredients. I ended up wiping off and using vaseline! I will not re-purchase. A lip balm that makes my lips shrivel and crust is a mortal sin! Too bad!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by NattyNat82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I bought it for 2.99 because I had a 1.00 coupon off of it. I just needed something really fast b/c I left my lip gloss at home. This did the trick! I was expecting it to be sticky and feel heavy on my lips, but it didn't. It glides on smoothly and it is very light. It last ok I guess. You will definitely have to reapply throughout the day I'm sure, but probably not as much as if you were to wear chapstick or some other cheapie. I bought the one named Quench, which is colorless. I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Eop234

Wow! I feel like I am the only one who actually likes this product!

I saw the ad in Seventeen, and then my friend got it in Cherry Me and told me how much she loved it. Then I watched some reviews on YouTube, and I was convinced.

I got #25 Pink Punch and fell in love. It was so smooth and I loved the color. But I could also understand why some people hate this color.

For reference, this color is almost exactly like the lip color Nicki Minaj wore in her Super Bass video. It is a cool toned matte pink. If you have cool toned or even neutral toned skin, this color will not work for you. It will be way to purple, trust me.

It works for warmed-toned people like me, because everything balances out.

Overall, I highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by sheridingdong

I guess I would buy it again. Like many have said the packaging is soooo cute and that's what sucked me in. I bought pink punch or whatever it's called and it smells okay but the color! The color is why I keep it, it just gives you a fresh pink lip that is a staple of mine. It's not moisturizing at all though, I made myself believe it was, but it's not. But for the color and it being around $3.00... why not?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for the adorable packaging! I got the Pink Punch flavor, it smells lovely but does not have a taste. It is very tinted, and I just adore how pink the color shows up on my lips. It has a very thin, oily feel, which is interesting, but it not overly moisturizing for any period of time. I would repurchase for the cute packaging and pretty tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for the cute packaging!! It's basically Chapstick. Cheap-tasting flavors. :( Not great, not horrible. *EDIT* I keep going back to the clear mint one.. perfect balm for under lipstick. Better than Chapstick (not waxy at all).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by barbiechick1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been waiting for these since the summer!! I bought the Peach Kiss, and it smells great! The color is really pretty too! It goes on so smooth, not sticky at all! The only thing I don't like is that with the peach one at least, its a little shimmery, which I don't think it should be for a balm. I really want to try the Pink Punch and Quenched. For the price they're awesome! And the packaging is so cute!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this based on the youtube videos raving about the Baby Lips balm. I wanted something tinted to keep in my makeup bag that would deposit a bit of color when I am not in the mood to reapply my lipstick. I picked up Cherry which smells like cherry Popsicles. I have very pigmented lips so this leaves behind the slightest hint of pink, like I was just eating a popsicle. Nothing to write home about. It reminds me a lot of cherry chapstick (which is my favorite chapstick ever). I like the packaging though I could see the plastic covering breaking/cracking very easily. I would try the other ones if I ran out but it doesn't replace my chapstick but it's a nice alternative to have. I paid about $4 at my walgreens. I would like to try the purple one and maybe the pink one next.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by pke1990

I got this in two colors- peach kiss and grape vine. The packaging is cute and the smell and taste isn't overbearing. I ended up liking the grape one better, it adds a nice tint to my lips. They had a buy one get one half off at cvs so I only paid about $6 for both. My only complaint is that they don't last very long on my lips. But they were cheap and cute so I'm enjoying them overall!