Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 1/7/2004 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Jojoba oil is a fantastic, inexpensive moisturizer. It's been 10 below zero here the last few days (you know, the kind of weather that freezes up your nostril hairs the second you open the door), and I thought nothing would keep me moisturized. I've slathered jojoba oil on my feet & hands twice a day, and it seems to be working like nothing else ever has. It goes on feeling oily (though it actually is a wax), but rapidly sinks in then my skin just feels soft. I'll definitely always keep it on hand.

This product is a wonderful moisturizer for my combination skin ! It really helps my skin out with all the drying things I do to it. I haven't broken out from this . . .yet.

on 12/19/2003 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! This is the best thing I have ever found! I just put a little drop over any moisturizer & it makes the skin glow. . .

Didn't work as well for hair though, too much volumne for me~

on 12/17/2003 10:13:00 AM

First of all, dont let the word oil scare you off - this is actually a wax derived from a plant. Second of all, you MUST try this! Under $8 at Trader Joes and its truly a wonder product! My pores are cleaned out and my skin is baby soft. Goes on oily and dries to a soft matte finish. I use it as an eye makeup remover and mix a drop in with all my face creams, add some to your body butter and hand lotion. You wont believe the results! My all-purpose HG moisturizer.

on 12/15/2003 6:56:00 PM

This stuff is the best, really. Something that I keep coming back to. It will not break you out, and it's so gentle that I regularly use it on my baby. Her cheeks get wind-burnt and rough in the cold and this makes them smooth and soft within an application or two. It's cheap, the bottle lasts you forever, though the packaging is sort of a mess. I have fairly 'normal' skin, although it's somewhat sensitive and I tend to get hormonal acne around my chin. The jojoba oil does not worsen my acne at all. Use it on your face, body, hair, lips, nails ... it's really great. I use the jojoba oil by NOW, but I think that as long as it is 100% pure, it's all pretty much the same. Also, it makes a great eye makeup remover.

on 12/10/2003 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

thought i'd warn dry skin girls that this made the skin on my face extremely tight and dry and i have not too sensitive dry-combo skin. works great on my body, though, and have yet to try on my hair. i suspect it will be very good.

on 12/7/2003 8:55:00 PM

oh, this is good stuff.I have the 4 oz bottle. No fragrance, no additives, just 100% pure jojoba oil.Great for the ends of my hair every day- I use a bbb to distribute the oil.Also I add it to my conditioners to make them more emollient. When I run out, I'll definately buy more!

on 12/5/2003 8:41:00 PM

Thanks for the helpful reviews. My now favorite moisturizer! I was expecting to break out, but instead it seems to keep my skin calm. It's perfect for using under a dry sunblock, and as long as I use the smallest amount to cover my face it also works well with makeup. Definitely worth a try, I like it far better than many years worth of super-pricey brands.

on 11/21/2003 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Picked this up on a MUA recommendation, too. This stuff makes my dry, frizzy, messed-up hair into something as soft as lamb's wool. Definitely buying this stuff again. Great that it is also multi-purpose: I have used it on my dry hands and feet, and on my kids when they are dry and itchy (they have very sensitive skin). Gets a 4 instead of a 5 because it's kinda pricey, imo. ***EDIT***: found this at Trader Joe's for half the price. I rarely use anything else on my hair, now. Package leaks, bad for traveling. A little piece of plastic wrap under the cap and screw down tight fixes this problem.

on 11/20/2003 5:30:00 PM

Helps keep my skin smooth and soft, but it was too much for my forehead. Made me break out a bit there. Other than that it's great for dry spots on my cheeks and chin. It would be better if a dropper was included with the bottle because I tend to pour out more than I need which is a waste.

Update 02/05/04: I used this for two weeks and stopped because little red bumps start appearing on my cheeks. I guess it's just too oily for me which is kinda weird because I have dry skin. Didn't do much for my dry, red patches either. I highly recommend Mario Badescu Healing Cream if you're really in need of a good moisturizer.

Popular Moisturizers