Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 1/15/2004 12:53:00 AM

If they packaged this stuff right, they could sell it for a lot more considering it's the BEST moisturizer I've ever used! And that's a lot coming from a girl who loves her products!! My parched skin was so dry that you could literally write your name on my apples. But thanks to the hohoba oil, you can't grafitti on me! Better than Clinique, reigns over Cetaphil, and even blows Creme de la Mer out of the water. Thanks hohoba... sounds like I'm using a religion on my skin.... jehovah, hohoba...

on 1/11/2004 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Awesome! If more women knew about this product, Estee Lauder would go out of business. It is best used at night, since it takes a while to sink into skin, and only one to three drops are necessary for your entire face. My skin has never been softer and in my entire acne-prone life I've never had such smooth, breakout-free skin. It gives such nice, even tone and I feel good about using it since it is 100% natural. Plus it is totally cheap, even compared to drugstore moisturizers, considering the teeny amount required to moisturize your entire face. If you want to use it in the morning, you only need like one tiny drop to give your face a lovely glow. Everyone should give this a try. A total winner!

on 1/7/2004 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Jojoba oil is a fantastic, inexpensive moisturizer. It's been 10 below zero here the last few days (you know, the kind of weather that freezes up your nostril hairs the second you open the door), and I thought nothing would keep me moisturized. I've slathered jojoba oil on my feet & hands twice a day, and it seems to be working like nothing else ever has. It goes on feeling oily (though it actually is a wax), but rapidly sinks in then my skin just feels soft. I'll definitely always keep it on hand.

This product is a wonderful moisturizer for my combination skin ! It really helps my skin out with all the drying things I do to it. I haven't broken out from this . . .yet.

on 12/19/2003 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! This is the best thing I have ever found! I just put a little drop over any moisturizer & it makes the skin glow. . .

Didn't work as well for hair though, too much volumne for me~

on 12/17/2003 10:13:00 AM

First of all, dont let the word oil scare you off - this is actually a wax derived from a plant. Second of all, you MUST try this! Under $8 at Trader Joes and its truly a wonder product! My pores are cleaned out and my skin is baby soft. Goes on oily and dries to a soft matte finish. I use it as an eye makeup remover and mix a drop in with all my face creams, add some to your body butter and hand lotion. You wont believe the results! My all-purpose HG moisturizer.

on 12/15/2003 6:56:00 PM

This stuff is the best, really. Something that I keep coming back to. It will not break you out, and it's so gentle that I regularly use it on my baby. Her cheeks get wind-burnt and rough in the cold and this makes them smooth and soft within an application or two. It's cheap, the bottle lasts you forever, though the packaging is sort of a mess. I have fairly 'normal' skin, although it's somewhat sensitive and I tend to get hormonal acne around my chin. The jojoba oil does not worsen my acne at all. Use it on your face, body, hair, lips, nails ... it's really great. I use the jojoba oil by NOW, but I think that as long as it is 100% pure, it's all pretty much the same. Also, it makes a great eye makeup remover.

on 12/10/2003 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

thought i'd warn dry skin girls that this made the skin on my face extremely tight and dry and i have not too sensitive dry-combo skin. works great on my body, though, and have yet to try on my hair. i suspect it will be very good.

on 12/7/2003 8:55:00 PM

oh, this is good stuff.I have the 4 oz bottle. No fragrance, no additives, just 100% pure jojoba oil.Great for the ends of my hair every day- I use a bbb to distribute the oil.Also I add it to my conditioners to make them more emollient. When I run out, I'll definately buy more!

on 12/5/2003 8:41:00 PM

Thanks for the helpful reviews. My now favorite moisturizer! I was expecting to break out, but instead it seems to keep my skin calm. It's perfect for using under a dry sunblock, and as long as I use the smallest amount to cover my face it also works well with makeup. Definitely worth a try, I like it far better than many years worth of super-pricey brands.