October 2, 2014 | 1306 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by siliasequeira

i use this stuff instead of a cleanser- it takes everything off. morning and night i rub it in then sponge it off with warm water and these little facial sponges my facial lady gives me. if my skin is in great shape i don't need to apply anything else- the residual oil keeps my smooth and soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kissmark

I got this thanks to the reviews. It's a great product and dirt cheap. It even helped me clear up my acne. All you skeptics just try it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 8:44:00 PM More reviews by aimela

This made me breakout in places I never broke out before. But it did make my face very soft. On a good note, I read somewhere that you can use it on your hair. It makes my thick, wavy, dry, coarse hair so soft, not weighed down. Better than any anti-frease serums or extra strength conditioners. Thank heavens for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also have a different brand, but it is still 100% Jojoba oil. I purchased this after reading the raves here and I have to say...it is remarkable. My skin to so smooth and soft without any greasy feeling. I swear that it has even plumped up laugh lines that I'm starting to develop. I have only two complaints. This first is the packaging. I definately need to find myself a dropper. The second is that my foundation doesn't seem to respond to it very well. I might have to try and different formulation or technique now. Other than that, thank you ladies for yet another amazing find! Edit: I've been using the oil for a few weeks now and...wow...my skin is so happy. I've upped the lippies to five.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great, multipurpose product! I originally bought it as a deep conditioning treatment. I comb it in my hair, slick it back into a ponytail, and wash it out at the end of the day (or sometimes I'll leave it in overnight and wash it off the next morning). My hair is always soft - never greasy after doing this! After reading the reviews on MUA (thanks ladies) I started using this as a moisturizer, eye cream, eye makeup remover and found it extremely effective! This stuff rocks! Cheap, and one bottle lasts a long time. Fun fact: it's not actually an oil, it's a wax (which may be why it doesn't make me break out). Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2003 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mookiewookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes you girls are right again! This is great!! My skin is actually matte after I apply this!! Incredible.I put mine in an old Visine bottle and it dispenses just the right amount with no mess!Now it's portable too!I like to use it on my hands too! One drop is enough to make it soft and smooth and greaseless!!You girls are the best! I would have never thought of buying Jojoba oil!Thanks!!
Update:I don't use this on my face anymore..but it's fantastic on my hair and lately I'd been adding it to my body lotions to make it more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2003 1:04:00 PM More reviews by cosmicgirl714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so amazed by the stuff!!!

The stuff is amazing. After reading gushing reviews I started using Jojoba Oil as a moisturizer about a month ago. Didn't believe the hype, but thought I'd give it a spin. Skin was highly irritable, blotchy, red, dry in some places, oily in others. Felt tight and itchy after I washed it, but oily and greasy after I put moisturizer on it. I had these rough spots on the sides of my nose and my chin and those ugly little white bumps under my eyes. In sum, a MESS.

Now, its a totally different story.... I use a drop or two of Jojoba Oil in the AM and PM after I wash my face. Face feels soft and plumped up. I've had to remind myself to stop touching my face, because it just feels so amazing, like baby's skin. My pores are smaller. I was washing my face one morning and realized my rough spots were gone. I don't know when they disappeared, but they are gone now. And no more blotches/red spots. My face has totally calmed down. Haven't seen a zit yet. Amazing.

I was VERY skeptical about the hype, but I figured that for that cheap, I had nothing to lose. Glad I did it.

I'm not promising that it will work for everyone (heard of people breaking out), but it DEFINITELY 100% worked for me.
For the price (I paid $7.95 for a bottle which will last me FOREVER), its worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by dolcevita927

This is a wonderful product! I bought it based on reviews & have used it as a facial moisturizer for almost 3 weeks now and my face feels very soft - the flakes & dry spots on my cheeks are gone (I have combination skin, oily T-zone but dry cheeks). Like most people here, I transferred my oil into a dropper bottle. In the morning, I mix 2 drops with my moisturizer (Olay Total Effects) b/c I need sunscreen, but at night, I use 2-3 drops alone after washing. I have definitely noticed a difference - my foundation goes on smoothly and my skin is soft (this is going to be a lifesaver in the winter when my face tends to get very dry & flaky!). I've also started mixing several drops with my body moisturizer, which I use right after bathing. Thanks to everyone who've shared their positive experiences - you gals are great!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2003 7:31:00 PM More reviews by aqua_star

I couldn't find desert essence, so I bought a generic brand (i think it's called NOW). Works pretty well I think! The only things that bother me are: the bottle it came in is really bad, i wound up transfering some of the oil to another container; it's a whole lot more pricey than other oils that I saw at the store. In any case, it's a great moisturizer for the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2003 7:24:00 PM More reviews by erinsab

Okay....I didn't buy Desert Essence, I just bought some generic brand off the internet. Pure jojoba is a Pure jojoba. It doesn't matter if it is brand name or not. I was unable to review this under the Unlisted Brand--jojoba title, so I am going to review it here. I love this stuff. I originally bought this for my hair. I am trying to get my hair back to it's "virgin" state. You know, no color and no highlighting. I put this on before bed, and it makes my hair really soft and shiney. This is expecially great for those dry ends in between haircuts. I also use this on my legs and sometimes add it to my body moisturizer. I have not tried this on my face yet. I am a little nervous about that. After reading the reviews here I think I will consider it. :) You can buy this off the internet in bulk size for dirt cheap. I bought a 32oz. for $19. I simply can not live without this stuff. This is one of those....If I was stranded on a desert island ...... extremely multi-functional, lip moisturized, legs, hair.....you name it! And it is scent free! At least I can't detect any scent. Did I mention it's cheap! Yeah!!!!!