October 21, 2014 | 1263 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2003 2:24:00 AM More reviews by saloftin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely acne-prone skin and I have tried everything to get rid of the problem. Benzoil peroxide and other creams intended to get rid of acne only aggravated mine because they are so harsh on my sensitive skin. I was skeptical about using jojoba oil because hello, it's oil, but now I am a true believer that oil isn't necessarily a bad thing. During the first week I used this, it actually made me breakout, but my Mom suggested I wait out the "storm" and now I'm happy I did. I guess my skin just had to get used to it, and now that it has, I've never been happier. I mix it with pure vitamin E oil to minimize my old acne scars and the combination has done an excellent job of keeping my skin hydrated yet break-out free. I only use it at night after I have washed my face and applied tea tree oil. At first if feels greasy but overnight it sinks into my pores and when I wake up my face feels really smooth. My advice to anyone with acne-prone skin it to try it out, and wait a week or so for it to stop causing breakouts. After about a month of using this my old acne scars have almost disappeared and except for "that time of the month," I am breakout free.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2003 1:21:00 AM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had really oily skin before I used this, it was because I used too many products on my face. It says it doesn't clog pores, so, I rubbed this stuff on my face at night, and after a few days of using it, my face got a whole lot less oily during the day, usually I would end up a with shiney, greasy face at the end of the day, not anymore! Buy this stuff! Its cheap and works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2003 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPandaPSC

This stuff is great for my hair!
I use it on dry hair and it moisturizes very well!
It's even better when mixed with shea butter. My hair feels so moisturized!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

cheap and effective. lasts forever and does what everyone else here says.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by siliasequeira

i use this stuff instead of a cleanser- it takes everything off. morning and night i rub it in then sponge it off with warm water and these little facial sponges my facial lady gives me. if my skin is in great shape i don't need to apply anything else- the residual oil keeps my smooth and soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kissmark

I got this thanks to the reviews. It's a great product and dirt cheap. It even helped me clear up my acne. All you skeptics just try it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 8:44:00 PM More reviews by aimela

This made me breakout in places I never broke out before. But it did make my face very soft. On a good note, I read somewhere that you can use it on your hair. It makes my thick, wavy, dry, coarse hair so soft, not weighed down. Better than any anti-frease serums or extra strength conditioners. Thank heavens for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also have a different brand, but it is still 100% Jojoba oil. I purchased this after reading the raves here and I have to say...it is remarkable. My skin to so smooth and soft without any greasy feeling. I swear that it has even plumped up laugh lines that I'm starting to develop. I have only two complaints. This first is the packaging. I definately need to find myself a dropper. The second is that my foundation doesn't seem to respond to it very well. I might have to try and different formulation or technique now. Other than that, thank you ladies for yet another amazing find! Edit: I've been using the oil for a few weeks now and...wow...my skin is so happy. I've upped the lippies to five.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great, multipurpose product! I originally bought it as a deep conditioning treatment. I comb it in my hair, slick it back into a ponytail, and wash it out at the end of the day (or sometimes I'll leave it in overnight and wash it off the next morning). My hair is always soft - never greasy after doing this! After reading the reviews on MUA (thanks ladies) I started using this as a moisturizer, eye cream, eye makeup remover and found it extremely effective! This stuff rocks! Cheap, and one bottle lasts a long time. Fun fact: it's not actually an oil, it's a wax (which may be why it doesn't make me break out). Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2003 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mookiewookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes you girls are right again! This is great!! My skin is actually matte after I apply this!! Incredible.I put mine in an old Visine bottle and it dispenses just the right amount with no mess!Now it's portable too!I like to use it on my hands too! One drop is enough to make it soft and smooth and greaseless!!You girls are the best! I would have never thought of buying Jojoba oil!Thanks!!
Update:I don't use this on my face anymore..but it's fantastic on my hair and lately I'd been adding it to my body lotions to make it more moisturizing.