April 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2003 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Hudie

This stuff works wonders!!! This is the absolute best moisturizer for my combination skin, after reading the wonderful reviews on MUA I went out and bought the dessert essence one at Trader Joe's and have been using it for about a week and a half now and I'm already noticing the results...my skin is clearer than ever before, my pores are WAY smaller I don't even notice them anymore and scars I had on my face from picking pimples are gone...and the best part about it is when I put this on my face it leaves my oily skin completely matte which is wonderful because moisturizers I've purchased before that claim to reduce shine didn't do anything for me but this oil actually works it's my absolute favorite and I'm using this from now on!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2003 10:00:00 AM More reviews by mccauley78

I have combination skin and my face is easily irritated by almost ANY skin care product. I couldn't find Desert Essence so bought a different brand of Jojoba Oil at Whole Foods and for the first 2-3 weeks I loved the effects. My face no longer had as many red irritated days or flaky skin. Maybe I overdosed on my daily usage, but recently all of my combinatio skin problems have come back with a vengeance. Will try only using it overnight a few times a week - because when it worked, my face looked fabulous. Best $9.50 ever spent at Whole Foods!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2003 5:32:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've lemminged a lot of things because of my Livejournal-like addiction to checking out the most recent additions to MUA, but... thank you for this one. Seriously. So I haven't tried Desert Essence jojoba oil -- I'm using my health food store's in-house stuff. But as long as whatever you get is labeled "100% pure," I don't see a problem. So, really. Never again with the pricey moisturizers when an ounce of the smoothest stuff on earth is $2.50. I look fabulous, darling. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2003 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Mxkyong

I am sorry but I bought this b/c of all the rave reviews. However, it made me break out after only using it twice. Perhaps my skin is just extra sensitive. I will not be purchasing this again. :O(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2003 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ckamm1107

Who would have known that something so simple and so inexpensive would work so wonderfully! I wish I would have known about this 10 years ago! This makes my skin so soft and I rarely, if ever, break out. I highly recommend using jojoba oil as a moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2003 10:19:00 PM More reviews by nushu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thanks to all the great reviews here, I went out and bought myself a small bottle to try. It is the best stuff I have ever used on my face!! I rub in about 5 drops after I wash my face with salicylic cleanser. It absorbs very quickly and immediately soothes and softens my skin. This product will give you immediate results. i noticed that I stopped producing as much oil in my nose and forehead areas the same day that I first tried the jojoba oil. I normally have combination skin with oily t-zone and dry cheeks. Jojoba oil not only reduced my oiliness, but moisturized my cheeks as well. I have been using it for about a month and, dare I say it, I now have "normal skin". I highly recommend this. (I did not use the Desert Essence brand since I could not find it. i used the Escents brand which is easily found in Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by honeybunny19

this stuff is amazing. my skin is radiant and poreless. i use clinique total turnaround underneath, and then massage in a tiny bit over my cheeks and nose, and under my eyes instead of eye cream. however, i found that it was bit too much for my forehead, kind of broke out there. otherwise, skin is fantastic. try it and u'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2003 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lapin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil is a staple for me. Period. Like the other reviewers have said, I was scared to put an oil (or oil-like substance, since technically this is a liquid wax ester) on my already oily, breakout-prone skin, but this has proved that not all oils are bad (in fact, I've found I can tolerate oils pretty well, like hazelnut).
I've been using a drop or two in the morning, patted over my face that's still damp from toning (I use flower waters), and wait a few minutes. Then to help with the finish of it, and help with some of the natural sheen of it, sometimes I'll pat something silicone-based over my t-zone, like PC Skin Balancing Moisturizer or Origins Matte Scientist. And that's it. I use it around my eyes, too. At night I use it more liberally and don't use anything additionally on my t-zone.
My skin is a lot calmer since using jojoba oil (I've been using it on and off for over a year, more 'on' these days). I'm thinking part of why this is is because I'm not using so many products with artificial ingredients in them, especially when it comes to emulsifiers. These are in 95% of moisturizers, and their job is to keep the ingredients mixed together, and to also help with penetration of the ingredients into the skin. As a side effect, they break down the skin's natural barrier, which I've read can lead to more irritation and breakouts. Personally, I'm tired of feeling 'raw' after using a moisturizer. The jojoba oil soothes my face and helps it to feel protected, without feeling coated and suffocated. And I'm not breaking out as much.
Sorry for the length of this review, I'm just really happy to share my experience with it. By the way, I've been getting it from mountainroseherbs.com. The oil is organic golden (meaning unrefined) jojoba oil, and it's the best I've tried. The price is great, too. I just transfer it into an amber bottle to protect it better, although it's pretty stable on it's own.
*edit* I don't really use this much anymore these days, but not because I don't like it anymore, but only because I'm using other things. I don't believe jojoba to be a miracle, but I do like it as an ingredient, and look for it in products that I buy. I like a little bit more in the way of active products these days (sunscreen, retinol, light serums).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by agarber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I tried it based on other reviews here, and I couldn't agree more. I couldn't believe I was putting oil on my face, but it made my face so smooth. The only downside is the packaging, but this will be a lifetime keeper in my medicine cabinet. I mix a few drops in my facial moisturizer, and in my body lotion. Also, it removes my eye makeup, which is not waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Mindy13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil is THE best thing I have ever put on my face. After all of the searching for something to control my acne yet give me a glow without drying me out...that time has finally come. This stuff has made a huge difference in my pore size, less breakouts, and overall glow. Its dirt cheap too...
I feel that this is skincare's best kept secret. I try to tell everyone I can about it. To think something so simple could provide this much improvement!
The MUA reviews helped me to decide and go ahead and order it. I get it on ebay for $6.75 for 8 oz. I'm going to now start adding other EO's and come up with a jojoba oil blend for added enhancements. If you have any doubts in this product...don't decide until you try. get to the closest health food store and get some today.