December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2003 12:44:00 PM More reviews by awboo

I was always weary to try Cetaphil, because the product's packaging is just plain ugly. I was tired of creams that do not work, so I finally bought a big 16 oz tub for $11.49. I am SO GLAD I bought this. Nothing has been able to cure my flakies but this cream. I have skin that is oily and acne prone on the surface and extremely dry and sensitive underneath. (Yes I have the worst of the worst of skin types.) I use this at night ALL-YEAR-ROUND. It has never broke me out. The cream itself is VERY THICK and emollient, but smooths over my face like warm butter. A little does go a long way. It'll take me a long time to finish this tub. I recommend everyone give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2003 2:09:00 AM More reviews by neutros

This stuff is da bomb. I have dry, dry skin and I had tried everything - Nivea, Eucerin, Lubriderm, St. Ives, Origins - nothing quite worked. A friend recommended the Cetaphil cream, and it is amazing. Actually, she recommended it for my feet but I use it all over my body. (It works wonders on feet, too). I use the lotion in the morning, and the cream at night for an intensive moisture soak as I sleep. My skin has never felt so soft. I will never be without this. Also, it is unscented, so it won't clash with your perfume. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mowgli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most amazing stuff. I use only this on myself and both of my children. I have been using this on my kids since they were newborns. I used to have very dry skin. I find if I use cetaphi soapless cleanser in the shower and then use this cream... Perfect. I also use this cleaneers for my kids in the bath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great moisturizer. I've used this for years -- on both my face and body. I use it as a body moisturizer now because I've found other moisturizers that work better on my face, but Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is something I will always keep on hand. I keep a tub of it in my bathroom and a tube in my travel bag. It is a staple of mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great, mild, heavier moisture cream that I use at night. Since I've been having 30% glycolic peels, I no longer use AHA or BHA creams or lotions, and this one provides exactly the amount of moisture I need. It's very soothing, and keeps me from getting flaky skin when I use 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide to prevent monthly hormonal breakouts. The cream is so mild, that it never irritates my skin and never causes breakouts. A great, basic cream moisturizer! ***Update 9/03: Althouhg this is a decent product, I've change my routine to use Serum de La Mer and Creme de La Mer; these products are more suited to my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 5:18:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I was reluctant to try this since I'm not a fan of the Cetaphil cleanser and the SPF moisturizer made my face burn like crazy -- but I was desperate to get rid of some small patches of dry flakies on my skin that I had not been able to get rid of with other products. Wow -- this one did the trick for me! No more dry flaky patches! This is fragrance free, and I have not experienced any breakouts or other problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2003 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Butterfly1981

Put this cream on your lips. I swear it feels like your lips are drinking it. It feels tingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2003 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best cream for sensitive and dry skin. I rely on it to heal my skin when it becomes irritated (wind-chapping, too-harsh products, etc.)
It's a pretty heavy cream, and takes some time to absorb, so I only use it once in a while. But when I need an extra moisture boost, I can trust this product. I can feel a difference immediately, and my skin is usually healed overnight - dry, flaky skin is soft and smooth the very next day. This is a must-have for plane rides!
Sometimes I even use this as a moisture mask - put a thick layer on my skin and leave it there for about 30 minutes before enjoying a nice hot bath/shower. Feels great.
The price is pretty cheap - a big tub of this stuff shouldn't cost more than about $15 - so I use it liberally. I do wish it absorbed a little bit better, but I love how it works. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2003 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Charlies7thAngel

This is a great product for dry skin, especially if you're on some sort of over-drying acne medication. I've used all sorts of other moisturizers with fancy acids, vitamins, minerals, acne meds, etc, but this stuff is non-commodegenic, absorbs quickly and is the first moisturizer to not irritate my skin with new-fangled acidic assortments or heavy fragrances. My dermatologist recommends this as the only moisturizer to use that won't irritate my acne-prone skin, and it hasn't caused me any breakouts. I'll switch to the lighter, quicker absorbing lotion for the summer, but for winter skin, this is a great non-irritating, gentle moisturizer that can fully live up to the claim it makes: to moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2003 12:54:00 PM More reviews by farrahdawn

This is quickly becoming my favorite facial moisturizer. Not only is it cheap, but it is gentle and does exactly what it's supposed to -- moisturize my dry skin. The best part is that since it is so inexpensive, I don't have to save it for my face. I can use it on dry spots (elbows, knees, feet, etc...) that need it. It is very non-irritating, and I haven't had any break outs as a result of using it.