November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't like this foundation. I had to try it because I have heard all of the rave reviews on youtube so I was surprised at how different it was than I expected. I don't know why it's called sheer glow. When I applied it the foundation seemed kind of cakey and matte. It feels heavy on my face and I don't like that at all. I tried it in Mont Blanc and it seemed on the yellow side. One thing I did like is that it has good enough coverage that it covered my dark undereye circles fairly well. I didn't use concealer or powder with this. It covered everything and dried to a dry finish so I didn't even bother setting it with powder before I put on eyeliner and mascara. I would have preferred a pump like most other people who review this, but that's not a big deal to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie87

This foundation makes you look very naturally pretty, gives a very subtle glow. Mount Blanc Light 2 matches my skin almost perfectly. Wouldn't say its sheer, more medium to full coverage but doesn't look too heavy which is nice. Only complaint I have is that it feels slightly heavy on my skin for some reason, a little bit uncomfortable at first but no irritation around eyes or anything. Overall worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I loved how light this feels, but I sadly had to return it. It doesn't cover well for me and dried my skin out. The first couple days I was amazed, but over some time I know it's not the one for me. The shades are all on the golden side. I don't have bad skin, but for such an expensive make-up I want something that looks amazing in photo's and not just in person. Perhaps I had the wrong shade, but something draws me back to Sheer Glow. I have the hope that one day I'll be in love with it's finish.

If your going to get color matched, go to an actual NARS counter or do it yourself. You'll have better luck than Sephora. You instinct is usually always right. Buy it a little on the dark side rather than light. It will blend easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by swimmingjuxteyes

There are several reasons why I love this foundation. The first reason on my growing list has to be the texture and feeling of this foundation. While applying NARS Sheer Glow Foundation it blends excellently and after a few moments of blending it becomes your skin.

My skin has never looked exactly the way I wanted it to until this foundation. There is no trace of cakey-ness or any sort of texture that would imply you are wearing foundation. This is the first foundation I have tried that I have accomplished this with. I also have to highlight how light weight it is. In addition to how light weight this formula is, it also provides a slight subtle glow, but nothing to oily or heavy that other satin finish foundations give. I always completely forget I am wearing it. If you love a foundation with medium coverage, and a satin finish you have to try this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The "glow" takes some getting used to. The glow gives an almost dewy and distracting finish so that blemishes and fine lines aren't so obvious. I agree with the other reviewers that a pump top would be better - it's deceiving because in the store (I got it at Holt Renfrew, here in Canada), the tester has a pump.
EDIT:I have found that I can't wear this everyday, as I get clogged pores from it - but it's still good for occasional wear. But I can't determine whether the primer (the nonSPF version) actually does much or just adds a layer of stuff on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had some trepidation about buying this foundation, but I love the way my skin looks when I use it. I generally use it when I want a little more coverage, as it is not "sheer" despite its name. The key to make this one work is by following its instructions - use your fingers and press it in. I can understand some reviews regarding flakiness, but I find when I moisturize my skin well, it looks amazing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm disappointed this didn't work for me. I have dry skin and had been looking forward to trying this for a while. The colour match was great at first (Mont Blanc) but it oxidised within 30 mins or so. It has a runny consistency and at first the application appeared to be easy, but it dried so quickly giving no playtime whatsoever. It was also very drying to my skin, it settled into my pores and lines and made my makeup look cakey, despite the element of glow that it does have. Coverage is a bit more than sheer though, which I didn't mind too much.
Overall, it's just way too drying for my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

omg, this if love. for reference im nc20 with oily/dehydrated skin and was previously using mufe hd in 117. i didnt like how the hd make me so greasy, i had to blot a million times per day, though i loved the finish. nars sheer glow is similar to the finish of hd but without the 'time released moisture' in hd that caused me to be greasy after half an hour. i chose the shade fiji because even though i was recommended to get deauxville, it looked way too pink for me. im pale, but golden, and this foundation blends in with my neck perfectly. i held fiji side by side to 117 and they were pretty much identical and the closest match across brands. this foundation makes me glow, and i keep finding myself pleasntly surprised when i see it in the mirror throughought the day. the coverage is medium but can be layered a little bit more if desired. the bottle and cap are very nice but i hate that it doesnt have a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jenniff25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, natural looking foundation if applied lightly. I loved the way it made my face look, but unfortunately after a couple of weeks I began to break out! I can no longer use mac or nars foundations, powders or blushes because they just seem to be too heavy and loaded with ingredients that clog my skin. Too bad! I have discovered Benefit products now, and love almost everything they make. Most importantly, no breakouts or allergic reactions.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Siobhan195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very dissapointed with this product. I went to great lengths to buy it after hearing the guru's rave and rave about it. I'm glad it works for so many people, but certainly not me.

For one, the product is incredably streaky, so much so that it can't even be applied with a foundation brush. The MUA recommended to apply with fingers, I was surprised at the time, but soon realized why!

The product is so thin that it seems to highlight the dryer areas of my skin (I dont have patches of dry skin, just little dryness here and there, nothing major).
It cant seem to apply evenly between my eyebrows as it attaches itself to the tiny (unnoticable) hairs between my brows. That area is normally very patchy. So strange, I have never seen that in a foundation!

I feel the product isn't very long lasting, as the thin formula again gets rubbed off quite easily throughout the day.

Overall, I'm finding it working against my dry skin despite the fact that its for dry skin? Very dissapointing!

I also was not happy with their range of colours. I had a consultation with the MUA to colour match me and she said Deaveulle(SP) was the best she could do, and I'd have to really blend it out towards my jawline...Okkkayyy..? The colour looks well once blended out, but it is not a good match for me as its far too yellow for my skin.

I also have to use a lot to blend over my entire face, another aspects of my dry skin I assume so I'm sure this product wont last long. A shame considering how expensive it is.

There are two pros for this product, and that is why i've awarded the two lippies.

For its consistency, it has relatively good coverage giving a natural look which reflects light well.
It does not make your skin glow, but it certainly doesn't make it look "powdery" either. The foundation reacts well when light hits it, but I would not call it radiant.

I think Nars could have afforded to put a pump in. Tightening their belts I wonder? Keep the customers happy and coming back, and you're recession-proof!!