Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/7/2011 1:37:00 PM

After repeatedly NEVER being able to find my shade in a mac foundation that provides coverage, I turned to this one. It matches my skin, but exactly (and I have a very pale complexion with only the slightest hint of yellow so it's difficult to color match.) I would buy it again, but only because I've yet to find a better foundation (though I feel like one must exist and this isn't perfect.) The coverage is so/so - I don't have acne scars etc. but I have a bit of redness and mostly like to have a sort of 'air brushed' look that this doesn't live up to. The biggest problem, I find, is that after a couple of hours it sort of emphasizes dry patches and comes off of the nose etc. and I end up having to re-apply. It is a good foundation - I have yet to try it with a primer/foundation brush so perhaps that will help. Anyway, the best thing about this foundation is the color match - if you have pale skin, I can almost guarantee this foundation will probably have something for you.

on 3/7/2011 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I am normally a MAC girl but I had issues with their foundation making me look orange so I switched to MUFE. I am a 155 or 160. This stuff is amazing!! Makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I use it with the concealer on special occasions and you can't see a blemish on my face!

The only CON is that it makes me breakout like crazy! What's weird is that I switched to smashbox's HD foundation for a while and I was fine w/that.. not sure what is in the MUFE that makes me break out. I still use it and just make sure to wash it off my face thoroughly at the end of the day. Despite the breaking out, I still give it a 5 because it does what it promises to do. Another CON is that I had issues with its pumps breaking before causing the foundation to leak out of the top. Super annoying but Sephora gladly exchanged it for me even though I used up most of the bottle!

on 3/7/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, let me tell you about this product. It used to be my HG. The coverage is amazing, and buildable for any extra places that require a bit more attention. It blends in really well with my skin, and it was SO easy to find the perfect shade. For reference, I am 118 but during the summer, I prefer 125 *which is a little darker. It looks amazing and flawless applied with a kabuki brush, alongside the HD powder.
My only complaints about this foundation is I have to moisturize before I put it on. I have combination skin, but right after I wash my face, my skin is always dry. The foundation only emphasizes dry patches so I have to make sure I moisturize thoroughly beforehand. It doesn't last the whole day either. It lasts about 2 hours tops before it starts to settle in and look a little bit cakey, so I have to powder up again every couple hours to make sure it looks fresh.
Overall, I REALLY love this product. But for a busy student life, I need something that stays on ALL DAY. I will be going back to my MAC pro longwear.

on 3/5/2011 6:45:00 PM

I would purchase this again but I won't have to for a long time. Because of the pump (which doesn't allow any air to get in and contaminate it) and because I don't use it everyday this will last me a year to a year and a half. My color is 120 and matches perfectly. Covers well but not cakey or gross looking. Sits well on the skin and doesn't feel like a mask. It is pricey but again, for as long as it will last I gladly pay the price. I would recommend to anyone looking for a new foundation and doesn't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for some quality. :)

on 3/4/2011 5:26:00 AM

I don’t get the hype in this!

1. Its sooo expensive and you get so little amount, they make the lid very tall so it looks bigger but you take it off and it’s tiny.

2. It doesn’t cover redness for me, the main reason i got it (and the one or two monthly pimples)

3. Doesn’t look as good as my drugstore foundations, for a fraction of the price!

4. The colouring/number system is stupid and inconvenient.

on 3/3/2011 9:57:00 PM

While this foundation is definitely not for those days when my skin is feeling temperamental (acne, dry spots, flaking), it is absolutely beautiful when my skin is smooth, especially on top of primer. My skin looks flawless on camera! It has fairly good coverage overall, but what you'll see on camera is amazing. This foundation really does deliver.

on 3/3/2011 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I really wanted to like this foundation. Read so many good reviews, so I caved in and bought one. First, I normally don't wear a liquid foundation. I switched to amazing cosmetics minerals. Well... when I started using the MUFE foundation there were numerous problems as to why I couldn't stand this product.

First, it felt incredibly thick and heavy on my skin even though I used my top of the line foundation stiple brush and my blending brush. My skin looked and felt like I was wearing a mask.

Second, my skin is oily and sometimes have changed the color of a liquid foundation a strange, dark color. Well this one turned my skin a horrid dirty looking color within two hours. I could not wait to get back home to get this junk off my face.

Needless to say it was returned to Sephora asap.

on 3/3/2011 9:29:00 AM

I was very sceptical about this foundation.. but after seeing/reading lots and lots of reviews i decided to give it a go. I'm building my make-up kit so was unsure of what foundation to invest in for a long time.

I was afraid of the coverage being too light.. i'm a studio fix or full coverage kinda girl!! Cause i'm acne prone and have red cheeks. Well the coverage did not disapoint!!! Yes it's medium but it makes your skin look like a better version of itself! It will not cover major blemishes but i just use a concealer for that underneath!
It looks pretty in daytime but it looks amazing on camera, i'll post a picture of it (fair skin, red hair).. And with the hd powder on top it looks even better ♥ (you need to buff that powder in well if you're gonna take pictures though!!)

it's a bit too expensive for every day use but it's just absolutely perfect for using on clients!! The color range is also amazing, i only have 6 colors atm and i haven't had any trouble with matching them to skintones!! up untill now i have just held the bottle up against their chest and it was always a good match when i put it on!! love it!

Oh and i've found that on my oily skin it stays on better without moisturiser, and on dry skins it CAN get flakey and it can soak up quite a bit of product, but it seems that if you make sure the dry skin is clean, exfoliated and realy well moisturised it makes a big diference :) So i guess it's suitable for every skin type but you have to take care of your problem areas with skincare!!

Gonna order 4 more shades and i will get all the colours eventually, i love it that much :)

heck if it wasn't so expensive i'd give it 6 lippies out of 5 :p

on 3/3/2011 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Okay so why is this a 3?! This is the most AMAZING foundation I have ever used! It literally looks like I have perfect skin after I apply this with my MAC 187. I have dry skin so this is perfect for you ladies with dry skin! It illuminates your face and gives you this glowy dewy finish. It's very build-able coverage, so you can go very natural or as much as you like and it still looks natural and amazing! The price is insane but this will last you a good while and you'll love it! Never going back to drug store or any other department store makeup again!
:]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

*sorry for the long review, but this must be said!*

Do I have perfect skin? No. Does this foundation make it look like I have flawless skin? YES. If you do *not* have crater-like acne or dry spot/flakes then this foundation will look amazing on you. Then again, if you have crater acne you shouldnt be wearing thick, chemical-full foundation anyway, and I stay away from this when my skin wants to be fussy and have dry spots because this will make a weird "ring" around it.

I have uneven skin tone, scars, and red spots from my early 20s acne-prone skin. One layer of this bad boy and I look like America's Next Top Model (just kidding- but you get my point).

I am relatively oily so by the 3-4th hour I feel like I need to blot. This is alleviated with a good mattifying primer though- so don't blame the foundation. It gives me a great dewy finish without having more oil than a Chinese restaurant. I've used a sample of MUFE hd primer in #6- love it, but wish it had more oil control.

I would definitely try this foundation if it interests you at all because I have the most sensitive skin and this hasn't caused any irritation and the finish is AMAZING.

PROS:
-did not break me out.
-amazing finish
-doesnt look cakey, looks very natural
-easy to blend
-dont need a lot of product for good coverage: if anything it looks better with less product
-i get a ridiculous amount of compliments when i wear this

CONS:
-wish it didnt slide around so much by the 3-4th hour, but I blame my oiliness not the foundation
-$40 is pretty expensive for my broke college student wallet.

HD is my new HG.