April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by RachelleJane

I defiantly caved into buying this product considering the coverage it seemed to give me in Sephora lighting which is of course is low and perfect and the lady applied it with a brush very heavily. By the time i got home a few hours later it was cakey and gross!! But i couldnt return it because i bought it out of town, So i decided to continue using it, but instead of a brush I apply it with my fingers.and now I dont see why everyone thinks this has such sheer coverage! I have very uneven skin, dark spots, and acne and it has such GREAT COVERAGE for me!! :) it aslo gives me a DEWY look if my face is already moisturized because i tend to have very dry skin. Im not sure if it made me break out or ot because i tend to just get acne randomly but it does cover it very well.

UPDATE

Everyone says this looks so natural but I find that it looks cakey and by the end of the day i find it caking up and drying on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i am so bummed this foundation didn't end up working for me. everyone raves so hard about MUFE HD; it's apparent amazing coverage & silky formula.....yeah......didn't work for me. while this foundation gave decent coverage (light-medium) the way this sat on my skin was just..ew. i always moisturize before foundation & when i need to, i prime as well. i generally mix my primer with my foundation & apply it all at once. this foundation wanted no part of that. i used it alone the next day & the coverage was a little better. i feel like maybe this dries too fast? perhaps i'm not using enough, but i'm one of those "less is more" type of gals. i just couldn't get this to make me look nearly as flawless as so many claim it does for them.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by 1BlueEyedGirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this.. I went to sephora and got color matched for it.. (normally i am tanner but this summer i decided to keep my face from the sun as i dont want wrinkles and sun spots any earlier then I should- normally I am always medium) #117 was put on and blended into my skin perfectly, although it was only applied to a my cheek/jaw area.. i got home and put this on my entire face.. and I was SOO dissapointed. It cover's my friends freckles so I thought it would cover my light acne I have been having lately, but the coverage is so bad. This is supposed to be med-full coverage... It was sheer. I dont hav alot of acne and honestly it did little improvement to my skin. It evened out my complexion, but after an hour my skin looked very pasty. I dont understand because so many people have loved this, but Revlon Colorstay blows this out of the water. That has the best coverage of anything I've tried but I wanted something that would make my skin look GREAT in photos.. The only things I liked about this was the packaging (people pay for this- and the label- even tho they say they dont.. well they do.) and the softness/smoothness of it on my face. Please listen to this review, I hate being negative about makeup products.. but test this out at least before buying!! I dont understand why so many people like it...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the review prior to mine. I bought this product after my Sephora S/A applied it to me. And we all know that EVERY THING looks good in Sephora's lighting. So I cave and spent the money on it. I went to get ready for work the following morning and applied this foundation to my face and noticed that it was SHEER coverage and not the full I was looking for. Not worth my money and I plan to return it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

If you think this is a medium to full coverage foundation, YOU'RE AN IDIOT. sorry to be harsh, but I do not understand how anyone can think this can be/is a full coverage foundation. It's definitley buildable to medium coverage, but if you think you got "full coverage" with this, you must've had to do 6+ layers. Anyway, this foundation IS SHEER. Can be built up to medium with 2 or 3 layers. The texture of this is extremely runny, it's even more runny than my mac f&b. I'm extremely dissapointed in this foundation, it didn't last very long on me and barely covered anything. I got this 20% off with F&F discount, but this is still going back to sephora. If you want a higher coverage foundation, I recommend MUFE mat velvet +. If you want a sheerer more foundation and this didn't work for you either, I recommend MAC prolongwear. I hate this foundation and I would never ever buy it again even if it was 70% off. I actually love MUFE (esp mat velvet +) but this foundation blows big time. The packaging is actually very nice, maybe that's why everyone wants to try this crap quality foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bevyap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff! I love love love love it. It's perfect because it provides light coverage, but if you need something heavier, its definitely possible by applying more. The price is amazing for the quality you get. The foundation is VERY easy to blend into the skin, and it works very well if you're working with cameras and lighting. Nonetheless, great for everyday where aswell.

Also, if you pair this with the HD microfinish powder, you get the PERFECT combination. The powder doesn't add another heavy layer to your face, so you get this natural, but not overwhelming glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by damarisfe23

I had bought this product 3x and had return it 3x. First bought it in sephora match perfectly but turned oranged (umpa lumpa) after some time. Got a few shades lighter but still turn orange...not as bad. The last time got the perfect shade but is not able to cover my acne scars, discoloration and imperfection

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Yousi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product...It is much better than my previous Guerlain parure aqua foundation (which is more expensive and also the lightest shade is dark on me),
It gives a natural look with a medium coverage...I have 107 pink shade which is perfect for my skin tone and it also gives me a very light pink glow without looking yellow :))
Love it

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by courto

I have rosacea and was looking for a great fullc overage foundation and after reading reviews on this product, I had to splurge. Unfortunately, this product did not work well for me AT ALL. It maximized the appearance of my pores even after using a pore minimizing primer. It looked powdery on my already dry skin. On top of that, the Rimmel foundation I had been using had better coverage and was 1/4 of the price. The two thing I did like about it however was how light it felt on my skin. It felt great, but didn't look good at all. Also 117 matched my skin quite well. If you have good skin, it's probably a pretty decent product, but if you have troublesome pigmentation and texture like I do, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by steamrollas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far my favorite foundation. It goes on very easily, and you really don't need a lot. Another plus is that it has my exact shade-- which is something I've always had trouble with before, because I'm about as pale as you can get, but with pink undertones, and not a lot of yellow, which is what most of the lightest foundations have. 110 was absolutely perfect for me, and this is just what I needed. I'm never going back to anything else.