Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/25/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good foundation for instant wear. To be honest it doesn't really last throughout the day, it melts off. However, the selection of foundation is fabulous. At first I was 120, currently I am 125. I would try 123, but it was too yellow for me. The coverage is medium and the color fits perfectly it really does even my skin tone. Also, the packaging is nice, I really like the pump I don't like a squeeze tube or a roll on. I would definitely purchase again however onlly when sephora has their sale cause this foundation is expensive!

on 4/25/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product after the SA in Sephora recommended it to me for my headshot shoot. I also bought the HD powder.

For the pictures themselves, this product and the powder worked fabulously. I did my own makeup for the shoot and the photog in NYC said he was very impressed and it looked great.

For real life... i could care less about this foundation.

PROS:
Love the pump dispenser
Love the consistency
Love the natural looking way it settles into the skin
Love that a little goes a long way

CONS:
Isn't very long wearing
Coverage isn't very full... more medium/sheer
Melts on me after awhile... even with a primer/powder
I get shiny wearing it due to the dewiness/natural finish

BOTTOM LINE:
It's good if you want a more 'non makeup-makeup' look (haha) or for pictures... but if you like more long lasting, fuller coverage... Revlon Colorstay or even Bare Minerals works better for me....

12/23/11 UPDATE: i went back to this foundation this winter due to its light finish, slightly moisturizing feel b/c my skin's been pretty dry using Retin A Micro. Colorstay started breaking me out :(

on 4/24/2011 10:47:00 PM

Update: this broke me out w/ horrible cystic acne...twice! Back to the store it goes

Prior to major break outs: i'm normally a DS foundation gal, but i got this on a whim and am thrilled that it turned out to be so awesome.

I had a hard time picking out which shade would be best, but I settled on 127 and it's a bit yellow but it works just fine.

I love how liquidy the foundation is and how smooth it applies. i use a flat-top powder brush from ELF to apply and i find i have to use very little product to get perfect coverage.

i set this with a very thin dusting of loose powder, but i could probably get away without it. I've also noticed this foundation has not broken me out, nor has it made me look like a greaseball within a few hours. i don't even have to blot my face when wearing it.

i'm hooked. so happy this worked out for me, because i've tried MUFE mat velvet+ and it broke me out something wicked. This stuff, on the other hand, rocks.

on 4/24/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i love this product, i love the pump i love the fact that it is medium to full coverage without the cakiness factor and i just love it so much! the fact that MUFE has come up with such a wide array of shades (26 i believe there is) is crazy! good for them, i mix two shades (#145 and #160) there are quite a few shades between then but they mix perfectly for me. i highly recommend it and it does not leave the skin glittery, shiny, oily looking and doesn't feel heavy on the skin!

on 4/24/2011 5:45:00 PM

I was so excited when I was color matched perfectly to MUFE HD foundation. I, too, and a cultural mutt and the shop assistants can never correctly match me. In the store, it was great. Perfect, lightweight, and not matte or dewy. It was something in-between.

Then, reality set in. I had a terrible allergic reaction to this! I've never had a problem with other foundations. My face started to peel and it became red and splotchy. It isn't worth the price ($40 [USD]). I wouldn't buy this again.

on 4/24/2011 3:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I was able to try a friend's two days in a row before going out to buy it. I have normal to combination skin and this applies beautifully and stays on throughout the day. I just use the FITme powder in 230 to set it so I have yet to try the MUFE HD powder. It shows up flawlessly in photos as well, by that I mean, it looks like you're not wearing lots of make-up and definitely does not cake. If you're anything like me, you like to see some proof, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to show a picture...non-edited OF COURSE.

Here's another one.

The girl next to me is not wearing any foundation whatsoever...I am wearing MUFE HD foundation in 123. Can you tell the difference?

Overall, one and a half pump usually goes a long way, I sometimes even have some foundation left on my forearm after applying it all over my face with a stippling brush. I recommend this product 100 percent if you have normal to combination skin. If your skin is a little more sensitive or oily, I would sample it first. You don't know until you try :)

on 4/23/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to make this work, but just couldn't with my oily skin. It looked so beautiful when it went on, I couldn't believe my eyes it looked that perfect. It covered my dark acne scars without looking like I was wearing a ton of makeup, I just looked flawless.

Unfortunately I only looked like this for an hour, max. And I tried all sorts of mattifying bases underneath, including MUFE's all mat base. After an hour I was oily and this had settled into lines I didn't even know I had. By lunchtime this was a patchy gloopy mess, it was embarassing.

This would be perfect on those with normal to dry skin.

on 4/19/2011 11:48:00 AM

I love this foundation!! Its one of the best one I've tried to date. It applies flawlessly and last all day. I usually set the foundation with the MUFE HD powder and it makes my skin look flawless. I love this stuff. And the best part of all is it comes with a pump.

on 4/19/2011 1:43:00 AM

SOOOOO GOOD. my favourite foundation by far. i've used it non stop for about a year and i can't say enough good things about it. it feels silky and flawless and never looks cakey. i don't ever feel like i'm wearing makeup! the only downside to this product is the price, it's quite expensive but i'd buy it over and over again no matter the price!
GREAT PRODUCT! (:

on 4/18/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have tried all the MAC foundations and some from Lancome, Revlon and Neutrogena before I came across this one. My issue with foundations is having combination skin and an oily t-zone, is after powdering throughout the day my makeup looks pretty cakey. I also don't like the "made-up" look. I like to go for that "i think she is naturally hot" look. This foundation looks and feels like skin. I wore it around my husband a few times just to see if he noticed, Usually with my MSF it's pretty obvious I'm wearing makeup. And I feel like I have to throw on the eyeshadow and blush to finish my look. But this really feels like a second skin for me. It has buildible coverage so the more you want to cover the more you want to put on. I personally like to use a 187 for a more natural finish. A setting powder is imparative if you have oily skin, the HD powder is really good. I prefer it over MAC powders at the moment. Because its translucent it just takes care of the oils without getting to cakey. For me and my skin I like this alot vs what other foundations I have tried. This one will be in my daily rotation. O forgot to talk about the HD Stuff...It photographs like your skin!!! With my MAC foundations there is always this white cast over my face and its like "She is wearing makeup" but this photographs beautifully. My picture just look like I have perfect skin. I like this foundation a lot.