July 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by iamcrayon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the hype on mua and on youtube. I wanted to love this foundation but I overall wasn't satisfied with the satin finish. It made me look more oily then I really am and the foundation would rub off on my clothes (gross right?)

I actually stopped using it for a couple months and just recently went back to it just to finish off the bottle. Since I'm almost done I did consider repurchasing it again but decided to get the Mat Velvet + instead.

Overall, if you're combo/oily skin this may not be the foundation for you. I personally like highlighting my face and not letting the shine from my oils do that for me.

NC45 and bought shade 173

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MizzCherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I finally gave into the hype after reading all the amazing reviews and got my first HD foundation yesterday. When I first went in and got color matched at Sephora, it took a while for the MA to get the right shade for me. She started from 153 and worked her way upto 170. 153 was too pink for me as I'm a NW35 in MAC. So 170 looked the best and seemed like the perfect shade for me. After I got home, I tried it on again and I looked so yellow and dull that I was shocked at how something that looked so good in the store could look this bad at home.

Next day I went back in and this time the MA was different and she did a good job in selecting my shade. She suggested the 128 for me as that has yellow undertones but it still did look a little bit light on me so she suggested I wear Laguna bronzer on top. With the bronzer on, it was perfect.

The texture of the foundation is very smooth and feels quite natural. Looks amazing in pictures! Usually, all my foundations look extremely unnatural in pictures but this one, I love! I apply this with my MAC 187 brush and wear the HD primer in neutral underneath.

Overall, this is highly recommended for all those foundation lovers out there. This is a must-buy! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm revamping my review of this. I did not like it at first mostly because I thought it was breaking me out. It turned out to be a totally different product, so I thought I would give this foundation another try and dig it out of my "Dead Soldiers Box:

I have this is Marble. It's the perfect match for my skintone which is about a NC15 in the Winter. My face is slightly darker than my neck, so I almost always match my neck for a seamless look. I do a lot of modeling and photography work and using good foundations for a smooth matte finish for photos is very important. The one thing that concerned me about this foundation is that it contains SPF. I am highly allergic to a lot of Chemical SPF's and have to be very careful what I use. I typically will get itchy and rash and breakout easily from the wrong product. Since I have started on the Kinerase products, my skin is very healthy now and happy. I was also using minerals and still do from time to time, but I find mineral makeup aging and drying. So After giving this another try out, I like it much better. You do have to use a primer with it or it will not last long if you have any kind of oil in your skin. I am using Clarins Smoothing primer and the combo of the two make my skin look beautiful. I found that once you apply this foundation, let it sink in a bit and warm to your skin and then apply a light dusting of finishing powder on your T-zone and it last much longer. I got about 6 hours of wear out of it. Which is the best I can expect from a Non long wearing foundation. I has to do a touchup on my nose halfway through the day, but It stayed nice and satin. I have drier skin in the winter and it did not dry my skin out with moisturizer undeneath. It has a satin finish, not matte but did seem to hide some of my imperfections without concealer. I actually only needed a moisturizing concealer under my eyes and for one spot. Typically I need more. It made my face look very fresh and glowing like for awhile, it does wear off a bit by the end of the day. It is not a Holy Grail Foundation but is a nice foundation if you want a medium to heavier coverage without feeling like you are wearing a mask. That is probally the best selling point for this foundation. It's highly pigmented. A little goes a long way, you can use a dab for medium coverage and build it up to whatever coverage you need. I would not get heavy handed with it or it may end up fake looking. The best thing about MUFE foundations is that they come in a lot of color choices. It's always been difficult for me to find a light neutral without too much yellow or too much pink. Some foundations turn totally orange on me. The color of the HD Foundation did not change. It made my skin look as close to flawless as I could get. I do think that I could not wear this daily as I typically need a long wearing makeup for 12 hour days, but for evenings out and special occassions where I will be photographed, I think it's great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by tooflymakeupartist

I just purchased this foundation because of all the great reviews, and I am very impressed this foundation blends flawlessly with my M.A.C 187 and a couple dabs of SPF moisturizer, for a dewy finish, This product has better finishing results when properly set with a powder of choice colour, slight shimmer, translucent,pressed.
Despite my large expensive makeup collection, I used to use Maybelline's Dream liquid mousse foundation which I love, still till this day because for the price you can't go wrong it does give a luminous airbrush like finish, however MUFE HD Foundation, really does work well for films and photos, and Im a performer so MUFE HD is now my go to foundation! cheers hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by CTgirl05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. I have to say it has been the best foundation that i have ever used and i have used alot of them. It looks so natural and so flawless its just AMAZING. I have oily skin and acne prone but this foundation makes my skin look so beautiful and so glowy. So if you ladys are thinking if its good for oily skin, trust me its the best foundation ever. It blends with your skin so nice and the colors match to your skin so wonderful. I'm in love with this one and will never buy anything else. I have tried all of the foundations, from dior, chanel, revlon, loreal, and so on. This is the BEST...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mandywalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite foundation!!!! I have tried so many others and I keep going back to this. I am 128. (almond). The coverage is amazing. I will def be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by bebexlove

My absolutely HG foundation to date! I have been searching forever (seems like) for the right liquid foundation. I have been to clinique, lancome, shiseido and various korean brands (minus bb creams) and I finally found a foundation that I love!
It's very buildable but sheer if you want it! Doesn't leave me dry or flakey or oily. It has a bit of a dewy finish (which some people might like.. but I like myself to be MATTE!) so I top it off with some powder which is completely fine and I prefer it anyways since I like to finish my look with a powder regardless if it was a dewy or matte finish.

It is a pricey foundation but for the amount you get (you only use half a pump to a full pump worth each time.. depends on how much you need coverage for) it should last you forever and a half!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by itolduso84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Where do I start...I have tried for years unsuccesfully getting a perfect match to my skin....and then Voila! I did plenty of research before purchasing this and im far from disappointed. I will purchase this over and over and over again lol. This didnt oxidize and it looks beautiful in photos including high flash. I didnt feel like I was wearing a mask nor did I look like I was overly made up, coverage builds nicely even though I leave it at the sheer level, so if you like it heavier this would work for you as well. Application wise I was glad to see this glided easily and didnt dry to quickly like the MAC pro longwear does. I just used my ecotools foundation brush and used my MAC 187 to buff it out...perfection. Although I did take one lippie off b/c I wish it held up a little bit better with my oily skin, but the color match def outweighs this for me. Although this is nothing that a good primer wouldnt fix for you (I use smashbox's photo finish light or Laura Mercier). If you are MAC nc 45 then #173 will be great for you. Definitely HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to get prepared to become picture perfect for my wedding. I am still trying to clear my skin but just in case I still need something for the coverage. According to all the reviews MUFE was the best for coverage. This particular one was the best for High Def Pictures Woo Hoo. I got matched at the store and at the store it worked. (of course) But can i re-create it? Not yet I think I will need to do an update later. When I did it it covered but it didn't last as long when the makeup girl did it. So I am still working with the ratio of moisturizer, primer and foundation. But I am still pleased, so far. I'll get back after playing around with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by megan1309

This by far is my HG foundation. I've been looking for a great foundation for awhile now and I found it! It gives great coverage, but it's not cakey at all. Unlike my Revlon Colorstay.. This just glides on.. the color matches me perfectly. It has such a great finish as well and it last all day.It is a little bit pricey but I believe it will last me for a few months. I apply it with my fingers or a brush.. just fyi.