September 22, 2014 | 2150 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I bought this last week in duty free (time to kill in an airport always results in emptying of wallet at a DF shop) in Mythic. I can't say this is a miracle product by any stretch of the imagination, and to me, it's not worth all the hype when compared to a good quality loose powder. I do like that the solid balls help control the product dispensing on my brush (as opposed to having powder fly all over the place, and having to tap off excess) but other than that, they are rather gimicky, IMHO. I have to agree that you do get a non-shimmery "glow", but it is so subtle that I doubt that anyone notices it but the wearer when looking into a magnifying mirror. I've used it now for the last week since I bought it over tinted moisturizer (I've been skipping foundation lately). Perhaps I'd have a better/more dramatic result over foundation--if I do, I'll update. Otherwise, I think this is simply a decent translucent powder with the advantage of the solid balls which make product dispensing easier. I do like that it doesn't really add color, and seems very sheer. Extra lippie for that quality, but I'm certainly not getting the miracle effect that everyone else seems to be getting. Finally, this is a very scented product, but the scent fades after a while. It is annoying from that standpoint, though, since fragrance is absolutely unnecessary in a product like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ballerinagrl22

My lovely husband bought me mythic from duty free at an airport - the price and lack of understanding of how to use it always put me off in the past. At first I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I took myself off to the guerlain counter for tips. The BC showed me how to use it to set my foundation - and drew my attention to the fact it does so in an illuminating rather than matifying way. She also taught me how to use the balls individually for eyeshadow, and how to take certain of the balls out - white and blue - for a warmer highlight. PROS - looks gorgeous! Is a true luxury product. Smells wonderful. Surprisingly versatile product - can be used as setting powder, highlighter and eyeshadow. Lasts forever! CONS - horribly expensive! And for me NOT the best highlighter. I don't think I'll ever run out (since he got me a special set with 2 pots), but I would be interested in buying this product in a warmer tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

when i first purchased this (based solely on the reviews here!) i was in love! one thing i find is that once applied you have to wait 5-15 minutes to let it really adhere to your skin or let the oils in your skin adjust or something because once you have waited then you look like a seriously stunning, healthy, glowing and dewey beauty queen because your skin just looks out of this world. this product makes you look as good as the celebs, perfectly polished and finished. now ive had it for a while its just a staple in my makeup bag, it never leaves it unless im travelling (in which case i leave it because im terrified i'll lose it!). it is pricy, but it will last and last, ive used it every day and i cant see a noticeable decrease in size of the balls. love it. get it if you can afford to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Lylly

I absolutely love Les Meteorites!! I put this powder over foundation and sometimes on top of my regular powder (when I need some extra coverage) and my face looks fabulous. I tried different shades and they all look great. They give my make-up that finish touch that makes my skin look perfect! And I'm obssessed with thm now!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2006 9:43:00 AM More reviews by lancana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Maybe this product isn't really worth whole 4 lippies but somehow I actually like it a lot (more than I objectively should :D). I use it over my liquid foundation and as other reviewers said it gives you a nice subtle glow, but that's pretty much it. But than again that's quite enough :D
It's not my HG highlighter and it's definitely much too expensive, but I can't say that I regret buying it because it does what it sais. So if you're not expecting anything spectacular and don't mind the price you should try it.
I have it in Mythic and it's a good match for my PPP skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cordelia01

After reding all the reviews on what sounded like a powder "too good to be true", I decided to purchase a mini powder balls on ebay for $20AU. First of all, it is TINY! The size of a box is what you would place a ring or earings in, I did not think it would be that mini. Anyway, I was very disappointed with the way this turned out. I don't understand how everyone could say this gives a "natural glow"? This stuff is completely glittery!!!
Im guessing I got Mythic as mine has purple, dark pink, matt white, glitter white and yellow. I opened the small box, which is the only good thing about this (very cute), and all this powder fell out all over me and everything was glittery. Then I put some on my face and it does not give a subtle glow like I had hoped, it was really shimmery and glittery. Then I tried each colour seperatly just on my hand, and the shiny white and yellow are the culperates for all the glitter. The green is good for redness but the pink is useless and the matt white is cakey. So I really do not know what all the fuss is about, and it is a ridiculous price even on ebay as the mini is "mini". Sorry, but I was just so disappointed and really wished it gave the glow effect it seems to give everyone else. I guess I will have to keep looking for that perfect natural glow, but I don't think anything will beat mac strobe, as I tested it yesterday at the counter, and it has NO shimmer at all, just sort of a white pearly glow, which is what I was hoping this was like.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by dulcinea14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Mythic and like it. The coverage is sheer but not matte, just enough to get that little bit of foundation shine off my face and replace it with a subtle glow. Would have prefered something other than a cardboard-based container. Plastic would be better! I worry now about something leaking and turning the whole thing to mush. I haven't gotten to the point where I know how to work the colors individually, but maybe one day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 8:10:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

I wore this over my Everyday Minerals sample foundation and when I saw myself in the dept store mirror, I couldn't believe how beautiful flawless my usually spotty, blotchy Rosacea skin looked! I had this lovely GLOW that wasn't shiny. Just soft focus. I felt like a 1930s movie star... ha ha... It doesn't do anything for oil control I don't think so I do have to dust my nose midday. But it gives a beautiful effect and has a lovely scent. It will last forever I think but chances are I might repurchase if the little balls should actually disappear. It doesn't have any color on me but gives a nice finishing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by moyabean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beige chic provides a lovely even look to my complexion. My main problem is enlarged pores, and Les Meteorites helps minimize the appearance of my pores, which is suprising because most products that contain shimmer seem to exaggerate the look of my pores. This powder also seems to help absorb oil.

I enjoy the fragrance. At first, it's very strong, but the fragrance seems to dissipated after a few minutes.

Beige chic is shimmer, but not sparkly. On my medium-beige complexion, it blends right in. I wear this all over my face during the summer months, and it helps impart a slightly tanner look (I don't like to tan). I can't wait to try Pink Fresh, which I believe it will work well as a blush.

A definite winner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

altho an ok highlighter I can't get past the smell. I have both mythic and pink but I cant wear them. The smell makes me sick.