April 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 8:10:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

I wore this over my Everyday Minerals sample foundation and when I saw myself in the dept store mirror, I couldn't believe how beautiful flawless my usually spotty, blotchy Rosacea skin looked! I had this lovely GLOW that wasn't shiny. Just soft focus. I felt like a 1930s movie star... ha ha... It doesn't do anything for oil control I don't think so I do have to dust my nose midday. But it gives a beautiful effect and has a lovely scent. It will last forever I think but chances are I might repurchase if the little balls should actually disappear. It doesn't have any color on me but gives a nice finishing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by moyabean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beige chic provides a lovely even look to my complexion. My main problem is enlarged pores, and Les Meteorites helps minimize the appearance of my pores, which is suprising because most products that contain shimmer seem to exaggerate the look of my pores. This powder also seems to help absorb oil.

I enjoy the fragrance. At first, it's very strong, but the fragrance seems to dissipated after a few minutes.

Beige chic is shimmer, but not sparkly. On my medium-beige complexion, it blends right in. I wear this all over my face during the summer months, and it helps impart a slightly tanner look (I don't like to tan). I can't wait to try Pink Fresh, which I believe it will work well as a blush.

A definite winner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

altho an ok highlighter I can't get past the smell. I have both mythic and pink but I cant wear them. The smell makes me sick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by thefumesaregettingtome

I absolutely love my Meteorites! I have this in Winter Radiance and I use it daily all-over as a finishing powder. It really does impart a beautiful, subtle glow. It doesn't really provide the smooth finish that one would expect from a powder, nor is it really noticeable enough to work as just a highlighter...it just makes me skin look incredibly dewy, glowing, and fresh. I bought the brush that Guerlain markets to go with this, but any large powder or kabuki brush would be fine. I paid about $48, but I can see this lasting for years even with daily use. The product is packaged in a fabulous vintage-look container.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by LyssyLew

Wow! I am in love! I bought a small size of this off of eBay, and after trying it, I knew I had to purchase the big size! It gives your face a lovely glow, and it's so subtle, noone can tell you're wearing a thing! The jar is very pretty as well. Thankfully, I found this gem on ebay for a good price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by carolineswing2

~~METEORITES BALLS / PEARLS PART 1~~

Meteorites are small balls of powder in different colors that do multiple things varying on color and your choice of use. Mostly I would call these a finishing powder (creates a nice soft focus on your skin), but they can be used for highlighter and/or blush if you wish. Something to remember, for the most part, these are *subtle*! When you apply most of them (esp Mythic, which seems to be most peoples first set) the effect may be hard to see. These are NOT glittery or ubber shimmery and if that is what you are looking for… run away! If you want something that can give you a glow, then these may be for you. I recommended using a medium to large powder brush with these. A kabuki brush would also work well for these. I wouldn‘t use a skunk brush as the look is already subtle so need to make it more subtle.

My personal favorite is Pink Fresh #02, but I use it more as a blush (or over a blush to give it some umfff), this is one of the more noticeable ones imo. I adore Winter Radiance as well as my overall glowy powder.

Price: $46-51

Weight 33 grams / 1.2 oz (or 29 grams / 1 oz for the older style packaging).

If $51 seems to be a bit much for you, you can try a smaller size of Mythic (was a GWP but can be found on ebay for around $10-$15 with shipping), 8 grams / .28 oz. There was also a set of 3 smaller ones (including Mythic #01, Pink Fresh #02 & Beige Chic #03 and a brush) from Asia for about $65. You might find this on ebay or for swap, but you probably will need a CP. If you can get a hold of the 3 piece set, I recommended that one.

Just because the manufacturer made each set with certain mix of colors doesn’t mean that you can’t mix and match balls to make more or better colors for yourself. I find Mythic too cool for my skin tone, so I removed most of the matte white balls and some of the green balls, then I added some peach balls from Pink Fresh to warm it up more. I’ve made other mixes just for my self and it’s quite fun, almost as much fun as mixing Pigments, lol.

===========

Edited to add: If you go to a Guerlain counter, you may see these wonderful little balls in a large brandy snifter, that is often how they display them. You can find these at many places like Bed, Bath & Beyond or Crate & Barrel or other. I went to Walmart and bought clear sugar bowls with lids for $2. I love these things for my Meteorites (esp my custom mixes)! There is more room to swirl then in the box and a lid to keep dust out. Plus, as most of the Meteorites containers are hard to open, this is just easier.

I'd also like to add that in general, Guerlain brushes suck! If you are going to indulge in Meteorites, shouldn't you have the right tools? Don't get sucked into the hype of a matching brush, spend that money on another brand and there are soooo many better brands to choose from. I adore Trish McEvoy #37, it is my HG for applying Metorites, but it is fairly expensive. MAC makes many great brushes and the powder brushes are to die for. Japonesque makes a wonderful big fluffy powder brush for about $35. I have found that a good flat top brush will give you more coverage, so I use that for Pink Fresh, Blushy Blush & Perles de Velours when I use them as blush.

===========

(This is Part 1 of 2 Reviews. For some reason I was not able to fit all of it into one review. I also could not post 2 reviews under one name, that is why this review is under my CarolineSwing2 account. With all the new colors that have come out, my review isn't short enough to include them all. I have moved the Mono colored Pearls and the Scented Pearls to the bottom of this review. Sorry for the confusion.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~MONO COLORED PEARLS~~

DOREES ~ LE

(gold box with multi colored half moons, the older style plastic box, shorter & wider then the current boxes)

~gold (shimmery yellow gold)

VERT ~ LE

(same box as Dorees)

~green (for toning down redness, for toning down redness)

MAUVE ~ LE

(same box as Dorees)

~purple (not shimmery, but not quite matte)

PEARLY PINK ~ LE

(same box as Dorees)

~pale pink (not shimmery, but not quite matte)

BLANC ~ LE

~matte white

~~PERFUMUED BODY PEARLS~~

-These balls are larger then the regular Meteorites
Guerlain Champs-Elysees Pearls ~ LE

(frosted white glass w/ pink & gold lid)

~gold

~creamy white
Guerlain Shalimar Pearls ~ LE

(frosted white glass w/ blue & gold lid, these balls are larger then the regular Meteorites)

~pale gold
. continued >>

41 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by CarolineSwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

~~METEORITE BALLS / PEARLS PART 2~~

-- I have many Meteorite pics in my account, please take a look since a picture is worth a 1000 words. :)

MYTHIC #01 ~ aka regular or original, permanent color

(gold box w/ multi colored "half moons" or w/ the old style plastic box that is wider & shorter then current cardboard box, was pre-2001)

~matte medium pink

~matte green (used for toning down redness)

~mauve (called mauve but it's the purple ones)

~gold (yellow gold)

~opal (shimmery cream w/ a hint of champagne tones, Guerlain describes as "mother of pearl", same as opal / "mother of pearl" from Mythic, Pink Fresh, Beige Chic, Winter Radiance, Glittering Pearls, Reflects de Nacre)

~white matte

PINK FRESH #02 ~ permanent color

(gold box w/ mostly pink & some peachy-orange half moons)

6 colors:

~maroon (with gold shimmer)

~pink (a little darker then the pink in Mythic)

~orangy-peach (with gold shimmer)

~peach

~opal (same as opal from Mythic)

~champagne (shimmery, same as WR & WP)

BEIGE CHIC #03 ~ permanent color (more warm then most Meteorites, imo)

(gold box with brown & beige half moons)

~matte light brown

~matte beige

~shimmery beige (has the barest hint of pink to it, on it's own not at all pink, but when compared to the other beige, def some pink)

~light peach

~pale gold (lighter then Mythic or Dorees)

GOLD TEMPTATION ~ Holiday 2007 LE

(rose gold box w/ white half moons on top & small stars on side. These balls are much smaller then regular Meteorites)

5 colors:

~silvery-lilac (shimmery lilac w/ silver glitter)

~matte peach
~champagne (shimmery, same as PF, WR & WP)

~opal (same as opal from Mythic)

~white shimmer (same as WP)

PUCCI ~ Spring 2007 LE

(silver box w/ pink, green & cream design. Very similar to Mythic)

~cool dark shimmery pink

~pink (same as Mythic)

~light matte peach

~green (same as Mythic)

~light gold

~matte white (same as Mythic)

PERLES DE VELOURS ~ Holiday 2006 LE

(gold box w/ dark burgundy & red half moons)

~burgundy, light shimmer

~medium burgundy with lots of gold shimmer

~shimmery peach

~matte peach

~opal (same as opal from Mythic)

~champagne (shimmery, same as PF, WR & WP)

WHITE PEARLS ~ summer 2006 LE

(silvery glitter box with pastel rainbow half moons)

6 colors

~light cool pink (same as light pink from Reflects)

~pale green (shimmery, looks more like a bluish green, much lighter then the green in Mythic, same as in Winter Radiance, very few of these in the whole pot, maybe 4)

~pale lilac (lighter then lilac from WR & Reflects)

~champagne (shimmery, same as PF & WR)

~white shimmer (same as Gold Temptation)

~white matte (same as Mythic & WR

WINTER RADIANCE ~ Holiday 2005

(silver box with pastel multi colored half moons)

6 colors:

~light pink (shimmery, lighter then Mythic or pink fresh, but not as light or cool as WP or Reflects)

~pale green (shimmery, looks more like a bluish green, much lighter then the green in Mythic, same as in WP)

~light purple (shimmery white a lit of pink & gold tones)

~opal (same as opal from Mythic)

~champagne (shimmery, same as PF & WP)

GLITTERING PEARLS ~ Holiday 2004 LE

(a dark "black" silver box with silver/rainbow prism type half moons)

4 colors:

~burgundy (with gold shimmery, darker then Pink Fresh 's maroon)

~silvery-lilac (shimmery lilac w/ silver glitter)

~light glittery gold (shimmery gold with gold glitter, lighter then Mythic's gold or Dorees)

REFLECTS DE NACRES ~ Holiday 2003 LE

(silver box with white, pink & red half moons)

3 colors:

~light cool pink (same as light pink from WP)

~lilac (with gold shimmer)

BLUSHY BLUSH ~ Holiday 2002 LE

(red box with dark pink & white half moons)

4 colors:

~dark fuchsia (with gold shimmery, has a bit of burgundy but def more pink then burgundy, very pigmented)

~fuchsia (shimmery, lighter & more pink then the dark fuchsia, very pigmented)

~light pink (with gold shimmer, same as in WR)

~lilac (with silver shimmer, same as lilac in Reflects)

PLUIE DE NACRES ~ 2001? LE (not shown in above pics)

(gold box with multi colored half moons, the older style cardboard box but no metal rim)

5 colors:

~light cool pink (same as light pink from WP)

~pale green (shimmery, looks more like a bluish green, much lighter then the green in Mythic, same as in WR and WP)

~purple (light shimmery purple, close to WR but less pink)

~gold (same as gold from Dorees)

~shimmery white (unique w/ gold & pink flashes)

Unknown older box shimmery balls ~ sometime between 1996-2001 LE

(gold box with multi colored half moons, the older style plastic box, shorter but wider then the current boxes, same as Reflects de Nacre with one extra color)

~light cool pink (same as light pink from WP)

~lilac (with gold shimmer)

~opal (same as opal from Mythic)

~champagne (shimmery, same as PF, WP & WR)

((My review was too long, so the Mono colored Pearls & Perfumed Pearls have been moved to my Part 1 review)) continued >>

107 out of 108 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am totally in love. I have the mythic and beige chic. I use one of them every day as my finishing powder over foundation or just alone. Mythic is just that perfect everyday glow. There is this gorgeous shimmer and that candlelit glow that surprises me every day. Beige chic is for when I need a little more color. Yes, yes, the cardboard box is hideous. My tip for when you want more powder on your brush is to give them a decent shake and then store them upside down to get the loose stuff to sit on top. I use a very soft fluffy powder brush. Love these, they'll last forever and make me smile and my skin look amazing! EDIT: I now have these up for swap. I just don't think that all over shimmer is right for me. Especially if I use shimmery blush or shimmery bronzer. Colors are still great but just not the effect I want now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had this for a few months now, initially i wasnt so sure about this because after the first couple of application, my brush doesnt seem to pick up anything at all, and then nothing gone on my skin. After i consult the lovely MUAs here, and was told that by lightly shaking the balls in the container, the powder will come back. Since then, I cannot part with these little pearls.
It gives a very subtle effect of glow, I personally hate anything overly shimmery because i just look like a disco ball when shimmer is on my face. But i was pleasantly suprise that meteorites doesnt turn me into a disco ball and really give a healthy glow.
I can actually tell when i am not wearing it, and i recommend this product to anyone who is not expecting a shimmer face but rather a subtle glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Lucrecia

I must say that this is one of the most overhyped product ever but I still love it!!! I own both the ball and the pressed version. The powder does indeed gives a slightly soft-focused look but not something dramatic. Mineral veil does makes more difference and MAC Select Sheer pressed powder does givesimilar effect and both products are a lot cheaper. However,I love feeling pampered and I don't mind paying for Guerlain's innovation. I 'm paying for an idea here. The ball shaped powder are so beautiful and it looks like pearl. Everybody else has copied it. The container is breathtaking. The faint smell is classy and heavenly. This product is a true definition of 'french chic'. A must have for your vanity. Will purchase again.