November 24, 2014 | 1983 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by WANGNIUNIU2004

Pretty good! I like it!!!! should have a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by somesweetgravity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Winter Radiance and have just renewed my love for it. It's far too light for me when summer rolls around, but when I lose my tan in the winter it's the best overall evening product I have. I actually stopped putting on foundation during the past week and just using meteorites followed by a transluscent powder and have been very happy with the results. I'm an NW20/25 and this product has been like a godsend for livening up my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by xxbabydollxx

I have this in mythic. i would haveto give this product a 3 or 4. b/c it doesnt really show up on my nc43 skintone.. This probably works way better on lighter skinned poeple. i still gave it a 4 b/c after i do my enire face makeup i like to use a fluffy brush and just use this as a nice SOFT highlighting powder, i'd like to believe its giving me some sort of light glow i'd only notice if i stopped using this (ya know what i mean??). If i overdid my blush and I just buff this powder over my blush to soften it AND also add radiance. so i guess this isnt enitrely bad but its not a MUST HAVE either. for me its just a nice extra to have. i wouldnt repurchase cause i dont see how its humanly possible to EVER use up ALL those little balls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd always wanted to try this product, but there were such mixed feelings about Meteorites on the makeup board that I was leery of shelling out so much money on something that might be ho-hum. When the opportunity to swap for them arose, however, I jumped on it!

The shade I received was Mythic. Looking at those little multi-colored balls, I was extremely skeptical that they would do anything for me, but I have to say...I really really like them! I applied with a large fluffy powder brush all over the face, and didn't see any difference right away, but about 10 minutes later, I definitely did. I am a PPP, with fairly nice skin--no acne scarring or large pores--but sometimes I think my skin looks a little dull. This just seemed to warm me up, and filter out any imperfections, as if I were bathed in soft light. I'm hooked!

Lots of people have wanted to know if Meteorites are sparkly. From the distance at which most people look at your face, no. However, up close (like from 5 inches away), I most definitely can see teeny sparkles. This is probably what causes the radiant, soft focus effect, because the sparkles diffuse the light. But if you're worried about looking like a disco ball, fear not. I would definitely buy (or swap for) these again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I bought this last week in duty free (time to kill in an airport always results in emptying of wallet at a DF shop) in Mythic. I can't say this is a miracle product by any stretch of the imagination, and to me, it's not worth all the hype when compared to a good quality loose powder. I do like that the solid balls help control the product dispensing on my brush (as opposed to having powder fly all over the place, and having to tap off excess) but other than that, they are rather gimicky, IMHO. I have to agree that you do get a non-shimmery "glow", but it is so subtle that I doubt that anyone notices it but the wearer when looking into a magnifying mirror. I've used it now for the last week since I bought it over tinted moisturizer (I've been skipping foundation lately). Perhaps I'd have a better/more dramatic result over foundation--if I do, I'll update. Otherwise, I think this is simply a decent translucent powder with the advantage of the solid balls which make product dispensing easier. I do like that it doesn't really add color, and seems very sheer. Extra lippie for that quality, but I'm certainly not getting the miracle effect that everyone else seems to be getting. Finally, this is a very scented product, but the scent fades after a while. It is annoying from that standpoint, though, since fragrance is absolutely unnecessary in a product like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ballerinagrl22

My lovely husband bought me mythic from duty free at an airport - the price and lack of understanding of how to use it always put me off in the past. At first I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I took myself off to the guerlain counter for tips. The BC showed me how to use it to set my foundation - and drew my attention to the fact it does so in an illuminating rather than matifying way. She also taught me how to use the balls individually for eyeshadow, and how to take certain of the balls out - white and blue - for a warmer highlight. PROS - looks gorgeous! Is a true luxury product. Smells wonderful. Surprisingly versatile product - can be used as setting powder, highlighter and eyeshadow. Lasts forever! CONS - horribly expensive! And for me NOT the best highlighter. I don't think I'll ever run out (since he got me a special set with 2 pots), but I would be interested in buying this product in a warmer tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

when i first purchased this (based solely on the reviews here!) i was in love! one thing i find is that once applied you have to wait 5-15 minutes to let it really adhere to your skin or let the oils in your skin adjust or something because once you have waited then you look like a seriously stunning, healthy, glowing and dewey beauty queen because your skin just looks out of this world. this product makes you look as good as the celebs, perfectly polished and finished. now ive had it for a while its just a staple in my makeup bag, it never leaves it unless im travelling (in which case i leave it because im terrified i'll lose it!). it is pricy, but it will last and last, ive used it every day and i cant see a noticeable decrease in size of the balls. love it. get it if you can afford to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Lylly

I absolutely love Les Meteorites!! I put this powder over foundation and sometimes on top of my regular powder (when I need some extra coverage) and my face looks fabulous. I tried different shades and they all look great. They give my make-up that finish touch that makes my skin look perfect! And I'm obssessed with thm now!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2006 9:43:00 AM More reviews by lancana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Maybe this product isn't really worth whole 4 lippies but somehow I actually like it a lot (more than I objectively should :D). I use it over my liquid foundation and as other reviewers said it gives you a nice subtle glow, but that's pretty much it. But than again that's quite enough :D
It's not my HG highlighter and it's definitely much too expensive, but I can't say that I regret buying it because it does what it sais. So if you're not expecting anything spectacular and don't mind the price you should try it.
I have it in Mythic and it's a good match for my PPP skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cordelia01

After reding all the reviews on what sounded like a powder "too good to be true", I decided to purchase a mini powder balls on ebay for $20AU. First of all, it is TINY! The size of a box is what you would place a ring or earings in, I did not think it would be that mini. Anyway, I was very disappointed with the way this turned out. I don't understand how everyone could say this gives a "natural glow"? This stuff is completely glittery!!!
Im guessing I got Mythic as mine has purple, dark pink, matt white, glitter white and yellow. I opened the small box, which is the only good thing about this (very cute), and all this powder fell out all over me and everything was glittery. Then I put some on my face and it does not give a subtle glow like I had hoped, it was really shimmery and glittery. Then I tried each colour seperatly just on my hand, and the shiny white and yellow are the culperates for all the glitter. The green is good for redness but the pink is useless and the matt white is cakey. So I really do not know what all the fuss is about, and it is a ridiculous price even on ebay as the mini is "mini". Sorry, but I was just so disappointed and really wished it gave the glow effect it seems to give everyone else. I guess I will have to keep looking for that perfect natural glow, but I don't think anything will beat mac strobe, as I tested it yesterday at the counter, and it has NO shimmer at all, just sort of a white pearly glow, which is what I was hoping this was like.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No