July 25, 2014 | 1001 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like to use this a makeup remover. It's great at removing hard to remove makeup, love it. The only downfall is probably squeezing the baby oil out, it can become very messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this and other drugstore brand baby oil and I absolutely love it as a body moisturizer. I keep a bottle on the ledge of my tub so as soon as I turn the shower off and put my hair in a towel, I slather baby oil right on my wet skin and rub. It takes much less time than moisturizer and the results are amazing. My skin has never been so soft and moisturized as it is when I use this.

It does take a little while to fully sink in but as long as you have some 'garbage' PJ pants and t-shirt to slip into immediately after, it shouldn't be a problem (I do not towel dry when I use this, so my skin is still damp - and now oily! - so 'garbage' clothes are a necessity for me when doing this routine). Once it does get absorbed, you're fine to wear clothes or hop into bed! I love this in both the summer and the winter - summer when you want something light and don't want to rub a heavy lotion on your body, and winter because it's extremely moisturizing.

This is very cost efficient, simple, and above all else, very effective! I have not had any issues with it clogging my pores or anything like that. Give this a try - there are usually small travel bottles available (pretty much any brand) if you don't want to take the plunge and get a large bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

This is my go-to winter skin treatment. I use it two-three times a week as a deep treatment, along with Vaseline Intensive Rescue. I know all the haters can't stant mineral oil, the main ingredient in this, but this saves my skin every year.

I also use it as a waterproof eye makeup remover, no tugging or pulling, all-clean in two sweeps of a cotton ball.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

I couldn't live without Baby Oil anymore. It's my all-time favorite, fail-proof, trustworthy, loyal makeup remover. It breaks down anything - from waterproof mascara to long lasting lipsticks to literally anything. Love love love. It also works great as a post-shower moisturizer on damp skin... obviously. So unbelievably effective, and so inexpensive. Only product I could ever swear by. Recommended more than anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A bathroom classic. Great great product. It works wonders after a shower or after shaving your legs but also as an eye make up remover. I love the smell and the soft glow on your skin. However, the packaging should be changed into a pump because it would be much easier to use and less spilling.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by DKelly10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOOOOVE using baby oil as a body moisturizer. However, I never use it by itself, because if do then it tends to feel a little greasy and sticky on me after a while. When I first used it, I just slathered a whole bunch on after my shower and couldn't understand why I felt like an oil slick. I got smart after a while and figured out a better way to use it. (I normally only use this on my legs after a shower when I've shaved, but this is wonderful on the rest of the body, too). I use the tiniest bit to rub onto my legs (an amount I'd say about the size of a nickel or quarter, user's preference) and afterward I use a regular body lotion right on top of it. No greasy feeling, no stickiness or slippery-ness, and my skin is incredibly soft. It also makes your skin look very healthy and very glowy. This is a staple in my bathroom especially in the winter months and I hope everyone who uses it (and finds a way to use it correctly for their body type) can enjoy it as much as I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am in looooove with this product. I slather some on as soon as I step out of the shower after I have shaved and when my legs are still wet. I also use it on my whole body (stomach, breasts, arms, elbows, feet). I get told by everyone that my skin is 'smooth as a baby's butt.' When you first begin to use this you don't have to wait to see results. It moisturizes immediately. My skin looks the best it ever has. Sometimes I pour some of this on my skin then pump Body Drench Original lotion in my hands and rub in. Only complaint? The packaging. If I have a pump bottle on hand I'll transfer the oil to the pump bottle. Much easier to use and harder to spill.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this after shower with my skin still wet and it works wonders! super soft skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by athan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't feel very comfortable applying body lotions and creams on my body but I need to moisturize after I take a shower. I use it on wet skin (neck to toes) and it keeps my skin very well hydrated with no greasiness at all!! In the winter time I have a bottle next to my hand soap and I use two drops on wet hands every time I wash them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this years ago as a makeup remover and although it works perfectly to remove any trace of makeup it left my skin very greasy with the product just sitting on top without absorbing. Even if I used a regular cleanser afterwards I could feel there was a residue. Eventually it broke me out terribly. :( I also tried using it for shaving my legs, and besides resulting in very greasy/shiny skin it also encouraged ingrown hairs, which I never had before.

This "baby oil" consists mainly of mineral oil/liquid petroleum which is a by product of petroleum through destination of petroleum to produce gasoline from crude oil. But worst of all, Johnson& Johnson still performs animal testing and is not the kind of company I want to support anymore.

I have since long ago switched to extra virgin olive oil and almond oil for body- which when applied on wet skin straight in the shower absorb wonderfully, make my skin so soft and are 100% natural/botanical oils. For my face I now use pure oils such as grapeseed (when I want lighter oil), almond and rosehip (for a richer moisturizer) among many others.

If you find that baby oil/mineral oil doesn't work for you then please try some plant oils, and read reviews on MUA to see what would work for your skin type.

For a plant-based all natural baby oil for your baby or you I recommend Weleda's Calendula Oil. Another awesome body oil to use after shower.