BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 8/14/2013 8:49:00 PM

If you like natural, not too over powering make-up then this is for you! I love how it looks on the skin.

This product was bought for me as a gift and I'm INLOVE with it. It's my little secret! Looks amazing in photos. Only down fall is i needed quite a bit more than recommended so just see what works for you. Other than that I loved it x

on 8/9/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Fun to use! Easy application and looks beautiful in pictures. I think it's pretty expensive but I definitely love using this for a night out or just an overall healthy glow. If I ran out I wouldn't go running to Ulta immediately to get more, but it is definitely nice to have and good quality :)

on 8/9/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

High-beam is such a wonderful liquid highlighter! This product gives your skin a healthy glow that leaves my skin looking dewy but not greasy. I apply this to the inner corner of the eyes as well as on my upper cheek bones right above my blush. This product is awesome in the summer time, for it really wakes up your face with a pinkish shimmer that isn't overwhelming in person nor in pictures. Longevity is about 6-8 hours. Very light-weight feeling on the skin, no irritation at all. I have sensitive and dry skin and have a hard time using powder highlighters, thus opted to try a more pricey product but I'm definitely glad I gave this a go. Would absolutely repurchase if I ran out!

on 8/4/2013 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've used this highlighter for years, and it is by far my favorite liquid one. The color flatters every skin tone, and I think it is just extremely effective. The only negative thing I have to say is that If I apply it down the center of my nose, a few hours later it does look a bit greasy.

on 8/3/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yet another Benefit product I want to love but just can't...

I first tried High Beam in a Benefit mini kit (can't remember what it was called), and actually liked it a lot. I think the formula has changed however, because I've bought the full size and it's not anywhere near as effective. I seem to recall that the mini size had minuscule blue particles, which gave a more noticeable (yet still subtle) glow. It also had a doe foot applicator, which I think is far more effective than the nail-varnish brush that this full size bottle comes with.

I don't know if it's just because I'm super pale and I need something with a little bit more colour or what, but this is hardly perceptible when I put it on, and it wears off in the space of an hour... Perhaps it would be better for someone with darker skin? I just don't know.
The formula itself is ok, but nothing extraordinary. I've had better luck with Smashbox.
I don't know why I had high hopes for this, Benefit always lets me down :(

*Update* Decided to give this another try... bad call. I used a bit more so it would actually show up and it made me look shiny and oily rather than dewy. Will definitely be getting rid of it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this some time ago, and maybe used it twice, when I did use high beam I would just mix it in my foundation to give me a dewy finish, sad to say since I've turned into a highlighter junky I haven't reached for this at all, really even thinking about selling it

on 7/23/2013 6:22:00 PM

I think this is a great product. Not my go-to highlighter but its great to have. I have a mini version for travel and the full size for at home use. Its a bit pink for me, but in winter it looks great. Girl Meets Pearl is my HG but this is my 2nd favorite Benefit highlighter. They make the best highlighters.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this at Sephora in Sweden and it is my first Benefit product. I got this because of the hype and I was really excited about it.

Benefit High Beam is a gorgeous "pinky" liquid highlighter that has shimmer - but not glitter. It claims too give you a supermodel healthy look and bring light to your face.

The best way to apply this is to dot it on with your fingers BEFORE you set your face with powder. It don't why, but when I put this on after my setting powder it washes my foundation away (?). I think the rule behind highlighter is cream on cream - powder on powder. However, when I use this I like to put this on top on my foundation (without powder) and then use A LITTLE setting powder (I love MAC Prep+Prime Loose Setting Powder). You will get a beautiful healthy look without looking glittery.

All in all, I adore this highlighter.

Pro's:
-Gives a beautiful healthy look
-Last long
-You won't look glittery or oily
-You'll look awake
-Looks natural
-Not too expensive

Con's:
-Won't work too well on powder or powder foundations

Sorry for my English, I'm Swedish.

on 7/13/2013 12:55:00 PM

It is my first highlighter so I can't compare it with some other highlighters, but I think it is really good product. It works how it should work, which means it makes places, where I apply it (under the eyebrows and above the cheeks) more shiny and it looks really nice.

Video Reviews & Tutorials