September 2, 2014 | 1999 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sarah666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mother is 46 and she looks like she is in ther thirties! She uses lemon juice before going to bed every night! She has the most beautiful skin I've come across (hehe yes I kinda envy her)! So she must be doing something right for years thats making her skin so young and fresh!

Ill post a review on how I found lemon juice for my acne, so stay tuned

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by DallyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All I can say is "wow"! I have struggled with acne and it's ill affects for years (brown spots, scars, redness, etc.). I read on several websites that lemon juice can do wonders for your skin. First, I tried putting lemon juice ( the kind that comes in a lemon shaped bottle) on a cotton pad and applying it to my face, however that only made my face worse! I was so dissappointed! Several, months later I came across another article about the benefits of lemon juice for your skin and decided to give it another try! This time I decided to use a fresh lemon and I'm so glad I did! I have been using it for about 5 weeks and my skin has improved greatly. My acne scars have faded substantially, my skin tone has become more even, the redness is fading, and my pores appear to be smaller, as well. I have found that it works best if I slice the lemon and simply squeeze the juice onto a cotton pad and then apply it to my face. That way there is no mess with the pulp and seeds. I usually leave it on all night and simply rinse it off in the morning. The first few times you use it, it may burn, however after you start to see the results,its definitely worth it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by acahill314

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had dark acne scars for years now, and I've been using bottled RealLemon juice as a spot treatment on my scars, morning and night, for a couple weeks now, and I can already see the results. I'm amazed! I don't dilute it or wash it off, I just dab it on the dark spots with a Q-Tip and leave it. It does sting a little at first, but it goes away quickly. I've also applyed it, undiluted, to my entire face overnight a couple times, exfoliated with an apricot scrub in the morning, and my skin looks very nice after. I've tried dabbing it on some monster pimples a couple times, but it seems to do nothing for that. Still, if it can fade my acne scars that I've been horribly self concious about, I'm pretty happy about that!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by JennieTimberton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Simple yet extremely effective! I used to be scared to apply lemon on my face to even out skin tone because it tastes so acidic I thought it would really irritate the heck out of my skin. In fact it was the complete opposite once I actually tried it out.

A little goes a long way and probably around 20 drops is just enough for your whole face. It helped even out skin tone and freckles during the summer time. I love using this and for some reason only do seasonally I need to start more

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Anniemoliviatis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always loved lemon, especially for what it does for the face, at the start i was a bit worried about apply this to my face only because i heard so many bad things about putting leom on your face, but i thought what the heck ill give it a whirl anyway and see how it goes! it was and is a fantastic dirt cheap natural way to help your skin out with freckles, Uneven skin tone , etc etc.... , because it has bleaching properties in it! if you havent tried it i say its worth trying! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mailife4

My mother used to put lemon juice on my face to lighten the freckles I had when I was kid. I decided to give it another shot now that I'm in my late 20s. After a week on the lemon treatment, the results were amazing. My skin looked younger, the freckles looked lighter, and my large pores looked smaller. The dry skin appeared less and less. I love how it's a cheap alternative for a microdermabrasion. And its all natural!!!

The only downside is that you must stay out of the sun or the affects will not work.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Klass

Not bad for a homemade product and cant complain about price, but just doesnt cut it.... helps a little but I'd rather stick to a acne treatment than do this. I tried washing twice a day, at first it might dry out your skin (it took me a week before mine got used to it) but you'll see small improvements overtime. nothing amazing though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After hundreds of dollars spent on acne battle, I've decided to go cheap and simple and don't regret it.
Lemon juice is now a part of my daily skin routine. I just cut a lemon in 3 parts, squeeze the juice from one part, dab a cotton pad in it and use it as a toner. I leave it on my face for the night and in the morning I apply it again and just wash it off before putting on my make up.

I've been doing this for one week right now, and I've noticed significant difference. My post acne marks and scarring are not that dark anymore, my skin tone overall seems to become more bright and healthy. And I don't know if its the lemon's job, but I don't get that many breakouts, and the fresh pimples heal much faster.
It stings so bad, but I got used to it, as long as I see the results, I don't mind.
It might be too harsh for others, but my face has been through so much, it doesn't care anymore.

I'm just so happy I've tried this, I will stick to lemons for a while now!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sbowlchica

I used this sparingly in the past... I don't remember why, but I decided to try this again. And I'm so glad I did.

Long story short, I was skeptical that the taurine I was taking was having any effect on my skin and hair. So I stopped. Then I started breaking out like crazy and my hair started falling out again. So I was left with all this acne and scarring. In less than a week after starting on taurine again and using lemon juice as a toner, all the acne and scarring was basically gone. Bam.

Lemon juice and sunscreen are the only two things I regularly use on my face. (When my skin is super dry, I'll put on some evening primrose or argan oil. Great stuff, never breaks me out.) I wash my face only with water and put the lemon juice on as a toner right afterwards. It stings at first, but I was surprised that it didn't make my face red. It actually made my skin lighter and more even! (As an Accutane sufferer, it's very hard to find things that don't make my skin red and irritated.)

The science is all there. Lemon juice is antiseptic (great for fighting acne), contains tons of Vitamin C, (have you been to Sephora and looked at all the crazy expensive vitamin C toners? Well, here's a cheaper version!) and is acidic, so it won't disrupt the acid mantle of your skin (putting basic things on your skin makes your skin more likely to produce oil to overcompensate.)

I also recommend drinking lemon water. Drinking more water is good for any ailment imaginable, but the lemon has an added bonus. As well as the Vitamin C, which promotes iron absorption, lemon juice helps the liver produce bile. So you can get more nutrients out of your food and start reaping the benefits. (Drink it through a straw so it doesn't hurt your teeth, though...)

Tl;dr: Lemon juice is awesome. HG. Try it. The end.

Edit: Too harsh if you use it all the time. Especially during the winter. My skin has gotten a lot drier since I wrote the review, so if you have oily skin, it's great for you. Evening primrose oil is what evens me out now that I have dry skin.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by gunzarelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lemon juice toner. 1 part lemon juice to 1 part water. Use real lemon if you want, I just use bottled Realemon.

I have been toning my face twice daily with this, and after my last foray into the terrible La Roche Posay line (Effaclar. Blech), I had myself a doozy of a breakout to deal with. Milia, whiteheads, blackheads, cystic bumps AND flaky, red, dry patches!

A kitchen sink pharmacy messageboard led me to look into lemon juice in facial care. I took the simplest route, and it has paid off! Although my poor face hasn't totally recovered from the LRP breakout, the speed at which the scars are fading, the cystic bumps on my jawline are going away and the fact that (could it be?!) my pores look smaller, and the overall quality and clarity of my skin seems to be improving is downright miraculous, y'all. Especially with such confused skin as mine (Oily? Yep. Clog-prone? Incredibly so. Dehydrated? In spite of 2L of water every day. Sensitive? You betcha.)

Be aware that lemon juice can make your skin photosensitive. If you're going to use it, and spend any amount of time outdoors, sunscreen!!

Try it- it's cheap. If you don't like it, make lemonade.

And remember! Always, always, ALWAYS test patch first!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No