Lemon Juice

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 11/9/2012 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Iv been suffering from pretty terrible acne since i was about 13, and over time it seems to have gotten worse. This is mainly because im a picker and i know it just makes everything worse because i am now left with terrible scars that are very red and purpley. Today i decided im sick of having to pile on foundation on to have the outcome of a cakey not so covered face. I currently just tried out this lemon solution. I had a shower and washed my face with my Aveeno positively radiant cleanser, and then cut a fresh lemon and generously rubbed it all over my face and i am leaving it over night. At first it kind of was stinging but it felt more like a itchy sensation and faded after a minute or so. I read pages and pages of peoples reviews on here and just about 99% of you had results, im only hoping i will have amazing results like most of you have gotten. I'll be updating in a week or so after doing this nightly.

Update: Okay iv been using lemon juice for about 10 days and at first i was using real lemons and then after a few days i bought the lemon juice in the little lemon shaped bottle. The very first morning after using real lemons for the first time, i woke up and i thought i noticed a difference in my skin, i thought my acne scars had faded slightly and my skin looked better. That being said i continued to use it wanting more results, after 10 days there really isnt a difference in my skin, the scars haven't faded at all, my pores aren't smaller, my skin isn't brighter, it didn't help get rid of any active acne or prevent new acne arising, i think this product is over hyped. I will continue to use it until the bottle runs out so i think i have another 2 weeks and that will have left me doing this for about a month straight,1-2 times a day. I honestly wish i saw the results that everyone else has been seeing because my main reason for my low self confidence is my skin. I'll update again when im done the bottle but honestly, don't expect any magic results, because it most likely isn't gonna happen.

on 11/9/2012 12:35:00 PM

This is a MIRACLE WORKER in disguise. I had recently been breaking out on my chin, forehead, and a bit on my jaw from eating junkfood (Sadly that's the reason for any of my breakouts so i cant endulge on something sweet unless i want a zit) and i needed them gone. For some reason my salycilic acne moisturizer didnt work or my spot treatments, so i decided to try this out because i had a fresh lemon in the fridge and had seen so many acne face masks with this in it. I put this on my face after my face wash and before my moisturizer. The next day the pimples had gotten a bit smaller- but no major change. same the next day. and then day 3 BAM no pimples! its a life saver!! this has been my toner for a month now and i havent seen a blemish since:-)))

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lemon juice has helped even out my skin tone. They're really cheap and I only use half a lemon a night. Sometimes I cut the lemon in half and take one half and rub it directly on my face. Other times I'll actually squeeze the juice out and use a cotton ball and swab the juice on my face. Then I'll wash it off. I might start using it less frequently since I've almost reached my desired skin tone, but we'll see. Don't expect dramatic results, but it will help to even out and brighten your complexion somewhat if used on a daily basis.
UPDATE: I went for a while without using this and my skin started to look dull again. This is definitely something you need to keep up with if you want an all-natural way to help your complexion.

on 10/29/2012 3:18:00 PM

I have tried so many products to treat my acne, and this is suprisingly one of the few that actually works for me. its almost dissapointing because you buy all of theses expensive creams and pay hundreds of dollars at the derm, and then you spend $1 on a lemon and it works better than most everything else youve ever tried!

so heres what my experience has been with lemon juice. it isnt exactly THE BEST exfoliator out there (my personal favorite is the alpha beta peel stuff by dr. dennis gross), but that stuff can get PRICEY! lemons are just a step down from those fancy peels. and when i say exfoliant, that's exactly what i mean. it gently dissolves the dead skin cells and gunk from your face and pores. i find that face scrubs are not good exfoliants because those little grains dont "dig" the gunk out of your pores, they just scratch your skin and make little microscopic tears.
lemons do burn a bit but it only last for about half a minute. they smell great and after sqeezing the juice into my hands, rubbing the juice all over my face and jaw and leaving it on every night, ive noticed that i will wake up with significantly smoother and glowier skin, most of my pores will be gunk-free, i notice a few less pimples, and my scars are slightly diminished.

on 10/24/2012 8:00:00 PM

i just keep a small tubbawear in the fridge with the partial used lemon in it. I slice off about a centimeter circular size (like the cucumbers people put on their eyes) and fold it in half as a rub it around my face i leave in on for a few minutes and then rinse it off.. easy cheap toner.

i use it also after i do a yogurt, turmeric powder, cinnamon, honey coconut oil face treatment. It helps remove the tinge of yellow from the turmeric
with all this my face feels baby bay soft and looks great, people with acne (thankfully not me) have been crazy happy with this routine

on 10/23/2012 12:44:00 PM

My mother is 46 and she looks like she is in ther thirties! She uses lemon juice before going to bed every night! She has the most beautiful skin I've come across (hehe yes I kinda envy her)! So she must be doing something right for years thats making her skin so young and fresh!

Ill post a review on how I found lemon juice for my acne, so stay tuned

on 10/10/2012 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

All I can say is "wow"! I have struggled with acne and it's ill affects for years (brown spots, scars, redness, etc.). I read on several websites that lemon juice can do wonders for your skin. First, I tried putting lemon juice ( the kind that comes in a lemon shaped bottle) on a cotton pad and applying it to my face, however that only made my face worse! I was so dissappointed! Several, months later I came across another article about the benefits of lemon juice for your skin and decided to give it another try! This time I decided to use a fresh lemon and I'm so glad I did! I have been using it for about 5 weeks and my skin has improved greatly. My acne scars have faded substantially, my skin tone has become more even, the redness is fading, and my pores appear to be smaller, as well. I have found that it works best if I slice the lemon and simply squeeze the juice onto a cotton pad and then apply it to my face. That way there is no mess with the pulp and seeds. I usually leave it on all night and simply rinse it off in the morning. The first few times you use it, it may burn, however after you start to see the results,its definitely worth it!

on 10/9/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've had dark acne scars for years now, and I've been using bottled RealLemon juice as a spot treatment on my scars, morning and night, for a couple weeks now, and I can already see the results. I'm amazed! I don't dilute it or wash it off, I just dab it on the dark spots with a Q-Tip and leave it. It does sting a little at first, but it goes away quickly. I've also applyed it, undiluted, to my entire face overnight a couple times, exfoliated with an apricot scrub in the morning, and my skin looks very nice after. I've tried dabbing it on some monster pimples a couple times, but it seems to do nothing for that. Still, if it can fade my acne scars that I've been horribly self concious about, I'm pretty happy about that!

Simple yet extremely effective! I used to be scared to apply lemon on my face to even out skin tone because it tastes so acidic I thought it would really irritate the heck out of my skin. In fact it was the complete opposite once I actually tried it out.

A little goes a long way and probably around 20 drops is just enough for your whole face. It helped even out skin tone and freckles during the summer time. I love using this and for some reason only do seasonally I need to start more

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have always loved lemon, especially for what it does for the face, at the start i was a bit worried about apply this to my face only because i heard so many bad things about putting leom on your face, but i thought what the heck ill give it a whirl anyway and see how it goes! it was and is a fantastic dirt cheap natural way to help your skin out with freckles, Uneven skin tone , etc etc.... , because it has bleaching properties in it! if you havent tried it i say its worth trying! :)

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products