MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

I fell in L-O-V-E with these shadows! I'm on a mission to buy all of them. It's a good thing that "Century 21" carries them now because the only disappointing thing to me is that the MAC site ALWAYS seems to be out of stock on stuff.
Anyway, When I first touched the shadow, I was worried that it might come on too heavy.
I really don't like that kind of look (just my opinion) but I was wrong. It almost looked like I wasn't wearing any shadow! And my eyes looked perkier, didn't crease & came off when I took it off. (I TRULY hope the MAC company keeps this item well stocked & PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE IT.....) because it DEFINETLY is my FAVORITE!.
Next to the Studio Fix It Foundation & the setting facial mist, I absolutely L-O-V-E these shadows! I'm hoping to buy more next week. I'm sort of on a mission to get all of them! LOL
MAC has a winner with this! Please keep the shades coming! I'd love a Peach type or subtle Burgundy color myself (for a future suggestion)......
Susan G
Bklyn, NY

on 8/1/2013 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great neutral wash color that is my goto when I want a minimalist makeup look. It just brightens the eye area without glitter and looks much smoother than powder shadows. It doesn't crease on me and lasts until I remove it. Teamed with some Nars pencil liner and Chantecaille Faux Cils mascara and my eyes look "done" without much effort.

on 7/31/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

MY favorite eyeshawdow base next to urban decay primer. The price is not bad and the product goes a long way. I only use high end products and this is awesome for the price.

on 7/28/2013 7:58:00 PM

Hooked for life. Love this alone or under eyeshadow. Your shadow will not move until you take it off. Painterly is a nice subtle non shimmery color that really makes tired eyes look awake when worn alone. It also makes my lids look like I've had a "lift".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG primer for me. I have been using this for years now and will continue to do so.
I have oily lids that are pretty discolored and this makes the perfect.
If I don't have time to do my makeup then I just put this on my lids, some mascara and I'm good to go.
The only con for me is the packaging, I wish it was in a tube or something more hygienic. I cut the end off a qtip, scoop some product out and put it on the back of my hand.
I highly recommend this!

on 7/27/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like this paint pot. It is lighter than my skintone but evens out the pigment of my skin whilst also doubling as a primer. Nice base for a smokey eye or alone for a more natural look!

on 7/27/2013 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I also sometimes use this as a eyelid primer and it works well on my oily lids. It brightens the eye area and creates a nice base to work with. I like to use it on the inner corners of my eyes. It helps on those early mornings when sleep deprivation gets the best of me. A pot lasts me a long time. I can't believe I haven't wrote a review of this yet since I own a couple of other paint pot shades. I love the creamy consistency and how easily it blends without looking cakey. I would buy again.

Excellent product! Works really good as a base before applying eye shadows or on its own to give the eyes a hint of colour. It is cream which is highly pigmented. After applying provides a matt finish. It doesn't crease or slide off, stays on all day.
The colour is light mauve nude. I also like to use the base to get rid of redness on my eye lids.

on 7/22/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product! I find that it actually helps the eye shadow pop more and stay on longer. A great dupe for painterly is the maybelline colour tattoos!

on 7/22/2013 10:20:00 PM

Love! I had no idea how much this little pot would change my makeup wearing experience! I have oily lids so eyeshadows and liners would always wear off and crease throughout the day. With this baby, my shadows and liner show up more vibrant, last all day, and never crease. I also love that us completely conceals the discoloration on my eyelids, so I can also wear it alone for a more natural makeup look.

Top Rated MAC Products