October 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Kastilia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't leave a review when I first got this, because I wanted to try it out for a while, before I reviewed it. I LOVE this straightener.

My hair is a thick, curly, waving mess, and after straightening my hair with a normal straightner, its wavy again by the end. It would take up to 2 hours to straighten my hair with a normal straightener. And the style would never stay.

The Ghd straightens my hair perfectly takes me 30-45 minutes, and it doesn't get wavy again. I've gotten SO many compliments after straightening my hair with this. This is by far the best straightener I have ever used in my life, it's truly amazing.

I ordered the Pure Ghd, and used it for a couple days and it broke, simple enough I sent it back, and they sent me a new one quickly. It hasn't broke and I really don't expect it to any time soon.

The one I bought cost $270, but to me is was so, so, worth it. I would definately buy this again, I can't imagine using any other straightener anymore.

If you have thin fine hair, this many not be the best choice, but if you have thick, unruly hair, this will work wonders.

If you are thinking about buying this, just take the plunge, and see how you like it, if you don't, return it for your money back, easy enough.

This product is simply...awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is proof of the saying "You Get What You Pay For."
I have tried Muster, Babyliss, Vidal Sassoon - and absolutely nothing beats my GHD.

I actually purchased a GHD dupe (called NHD) before I finally succumbed to the GHD, and I gave the GHD to my 16 year old cousin - well that cost me $199AUD and she would have had to work a lot of shifts at Maccas to afford that!

The GHD is super-easy to use - I have used it to straighten, wave and curl my hair, and many others. It is an absolute pleasure to use, and if you want instant gratification, the GHD will give it to you.

A word of warning - like many heating products, it WILL damage your hair. I've had to limit my use to once a week and apply conditioner (the Clairol one in the blue tube is the best, but I've forgotten the name) like there is no tomorrow.

Money for use the GHD is the BEST value for money item I have ever used. I've had it for three years and it works as well as if I bought it yesterday.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Until recently I had never, ever used a flat iron. I've always been curious to try one out but was concerned about the damage it might do to my hair. I have waist length, slightly wavy hair that I get highlighted about once a month. It's on the fine side but I have tons of it. The most I usually ever do to it is blow dry it just enough so it's not wet and leave it to air dry. So typically it looks mostly straight with natural wave towards the ends. It's too heavy to hold a curl with the methods I had tried before (pin curls, a traditional curling iron) so I stopped attempting to do much with it even though I love the look of super wavy and curly hair.

My curiosity got the better of me last time I was getting my hair done (the salon only uses and sells the ghd brand) and I asked my stylist to try it out on my hair. I was so shocked at the difference it made. It looked like I had twice the amount of hair, all of these beautiful waves and curls and it only took him about fifteen minutes. I didn't buy it at the time thinking I'd just get lazy and not go to the trouble myself once I had it, or that the curls would fall straight again by the end of the day given how long/heavy my hair is. Plus I really would have to know I'd use it alot considering the price. But the next day I woke up and my hair was still curly and I knew I had to have it. I was going to Nordstrom's that day and knew they carried it there, so I bought it in a set (the Urban Angel Set) with a DVD, brush, and two of their styling products.

I found it awkward at first, and it took me a few tries to get the hang of the technique. But now it's extremely easy and my hair always comes out looking great. I love how shiny and sleek my hair looks. It feels very glamorous. I still can't get over how fast it heats up either, that's such a nice feature. I truly love this and it was a great investment, especially considering how often I use it and how many different styles I can get from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Abecita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG, this flat iron is really amazing! No words can describe how good this is compared to my old GAMA flat iron. Expensive but at the same time, the quality is outstanding!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by crimqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This iron is a dream come true. I finally pulled the trigger and bought it during this past Sephora FF event, and I burned through 3 gift cards that I'd been saving for a special occasion. And this was it.

The iron heats up in seconds and glides through my hair like a dream. I barely had to use it and my hair turned into the flowing molten silky locks of a fairy tale princess. My eyes were bugging out at how nice my hair looked. Now I'm not really a person prone to exaggeration about products, because I'm as skeptical as the next gal. I've been using a Jilbere iron for years and I figured all the hype about high end irons was just that--hype. But I'm a total convert now. This iron is so worth it. It made my hair into swingy silky heaven.

I absolutely can't wait to try out different styles too. I got the Urban Angel set, which includes a spray on heat protectant, conditioner, round styling brush, and instructional DVD. Totally worth the price--$210 retail, but I got the 20% off with the FF code.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by 4flower

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this hair styler! It is just amazing! With my old straightener I would use more than two hours to straighten all my hair. With this iron I use 30-45 minutes! What I also love about it is how fast it gets warm. You have to wait no more than 30 seconds (maksimum!). For all of you out there who are looking for a new straightener/hair styler, and that can't stand your old one - buy this! I know it's a bit expensive, but it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by salvarez

I love this product. I bought one bc my hair stylist has one and it's great. The plates are real ceramic so it makes my hair feel smoother and healthier than my old iron (my old one was just coated with ceramic). It heats up super fast. I do have to go through my hair more than once with it but I'm half black so I have kinky curly hair but overall I love it. And it comes with an instructional dvd. My hair stylist has had hers for 2 yrs and she uses it all the time so I'm sure mine will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by aislingloughran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love these! The best straightners I have ever used. As with other straightners if I straighten my hair one day it wouldn't look quite as straight the next day but with these they def left my hair straight. they're great for doing curls also as they don't pull on the hair and glide really easily. they leave your hair really shiny which makes it look like they aren't really damaging your hair although i wouldn't recommend them for everyday use. think they are a bit too expensive and i got mine off ebay but have found a few different websites that are official retailers doing them for a lot cheaper

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Siobhan195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry if this post is a little long, this is my favourite posession of all time, and trust me when I say I am not into hair at all, i'm a total makeup person. I straighten my hair and maybe mousse it, on occasion, and thats as adventurous as I get..lol

Really can't for the life of me understand any bad ratings for this product, I mean its not like an eyeshadow/foundation that doesn't work for some people, this straightener is the HG item for every girl I know. The only conclusion I can come to on any bad review that it may get is that its being used on hair that is not completely dry, but with any straightener when you use it on hair thats not 100% dry, the hair will frizz out as time goes on.

It straightens it exactly how you want, every single time, without fail. It was the only straightener I've ever used that straightens it so well that it almost *sets it* straight, in that if there's the slightest amount of precipitation, your hair wont frizz up (like with other straighteners). Its super powerful and even gives you that "polker straight shiney hair" look that the CHI just cannot give.

I have wavy hair naturally, my friend has RINGLET curly hair, and although she has to section it, she gets Polker Straight hair, which is pretty remarkable. We both went through straighteners while in secondary school; first it was remington, (wow, awful), then it was Babylis (OKAY, if you spent like 40minutes doing it), then we both jumped to the GHD and could not believe the difference. I now straighten my hair in 10 minutes, tops.

Its a pricey straightener, but its worth it. Its the styling tool you'll use for years and years and it'll give you the exact result you want, so in my opinion, its money well spent.
Also, they've introduced a new one in the last two years featuring universal voltage. Let me tell you, that was incredably convenient when I lived in Chicago for three months. I hate going anywhere without it, especially for three months!

Also, i'm from Ireland, and 90% of hair salons in Ireland, and the UK use this straightener as their staple product for after blowdrying.

I was given the hot pink one for Christmas even though I have the normal one. I can't sell the normal one. I can't part with it, just in case something horrendous happens like my boyfriend steps on it and snaps it in half (like last time :( ) lol

I've used it since I was 16, I have never thought of trying another straighter, and I never will. I am completely satisfied with it. Highly recommended ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Elleai

I don't know what the girl below me is doing wrong, because GHD's are without a doubt the best flat iron on the market. Period. I've had mine for over 3 years now and it's still in fabulous condition, heats up in seconds and straightens/curls/waves just as good as it did when I first got it. Obviously because it heats up to a higher temperature you will definitely need a heat protectant sprayed in your hair before you use any heating tools. The packaging is cute, but nothing special. I didn't pay $300 for the packaging, meh. It comes with an instructional DVD which shows you how to straighten, wave and curl your hair properly. Great. No problems with this straightener at all.