September 20, 2014 | 942 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by lululemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't praise this enough.

It is my go-to cleanser and I've not had a single breakout since switching over. (It's been four months, and I've got sensitive, acne-prone skin) My skin feels clean without being tight, and the soap's perfect as a body cleanser as well - I use this on mornings when I find it impossible to wake up.

It's got an amazing fresh peppermint scent, priced well, multifunctional and all-around the best find I've made in ages. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing that prevents me from giving this 5 stars is that it's a bit rough on the delicate bits. But on the rest of me it leaves me tingling and clean. The smell is strong, but it's nice and refreshing. It's a bit watery, so it's like washing with dishsoap, I bet decanting it into a smaller bottle would help with some of the waste. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by asiaisthebest

Thank god for this product! I recently broke out worse than I ever have in my life, due to stress.

Paging Dr. Bronner! I had a bottle of the Baby Mild formula in my cupboard, and had never thought of using it on my face, but I had tried everything else, so I thought, why not. I had nothing to lose, my skin was looking that bad.

I added some tea tree oil and peppermint oil to the baby mild, and wow! I washed my face three times yesterday, and once this morning and I am already seeing a MAJOR difference. I know this sounds extreme, but it's the truth! I think it probably has to do with the fact that it cleanses very thoroughly, but because it's made with oil, it also seals in moisture, so your skin doesn't react to over-drying by making more of it's own, zit-causing oil.

The only CON: It's going to be very hard for my not to buy EVERYTHING in this product line!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I had seen this product on drugstore shelves and was intrigued by the packaging, but never thought to buy it until I came across the positive reviews on MUA. Some users mentioned this eliminated their KP, so I bought the Peppermint one in hopes it would do the same. PROS: scent is invigorating & fresh; organic; lathers well; cooling (esp after workout). CONS: sometimes too cooling (particularly in the nether regions); liquidy so it's hard to control the amount dispensed; quasi-expensive; lather leaves my hair tangled. At this point, I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. I haven't seen any improvement in my upper-arm KP; but at the same time, this hasn't caused any adverse reactions. I love the fact I'm using an all natural, organic product on my body, though. And using the peppermint variety makes me feel extra fresh and clean. I'll update with anything significant, but as of now, I'm still on the fence... UPDATE (4/26/10): After using this for a few weeks, I'm no longer on the fence... I would not buy it again. Unfortunately, this makes my skin very dry, flaky, and ashy, exacerbates my tendency to get ingrowns, and my upper-arm KP hasn't gotten any better. Oh well... =(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Wheeze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally began using this fantastic product as a body wash, but after an uncharacteristically bad break-out last summer, tried it on my face. (I have combination skin, with occasional break-outs.)

I made the mistake of trying Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Cleanser, which made a mess of my skin. On a lark, I used a bit of the peppermint castille soap on my face, and was hooked!

A little goes a long way (I use a Clarisonic), lathers a lot, and is so cooling to my skin! It gently removes my make-up, balances my skin, purifies, and doesn't strip moisture from my face.

LOVE IT!

Have tried it in my hair a few times. Nice, cooling sensation on my scalp; wanting to try their new conditioner.

One negative aspect of the product: it leaves a lot of soap scum/build-up in my tub. Nothing that a little Comet can't fix though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by shestudieslaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrific, terrific product. Definitely worth the price, and then some.

The entire family uses it, and I am going to try it on the dog, as suggested by another reviewer.

I used to shower with an antibacterial soap (because I work up quite a sweat after an hour of cardio every night), and then a moisturizing soap. The Peppermint Soap does the job of two soaps. It gets me cleaner than any soap I have even used. My skin is softer and smoother than with the use of other moisturing soaps.

I use it in the shower on my entire body (even the girl bits), right before bed, and it is incredibly relaxing.

I have terrible skin problems from head to foot (dandruff, acne, keratosis pilaris, excema), and the Peppermint Soap calms all skin issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a go to product for me. I use it for everything, cleaning around the house, bath, laundry, washing my makeup brushes (much gentler than baby soap, and the smell is divine). A bottle lasts forever because you only need a few drops, or a squirt at most to do anything.

The bottle is imprinted with all kinds of theological tidbits that are interesting, to say the least. Dr. Bronner, himself, is quite a character. He's a concentration camp survivor, and truly believed in the physical and spiritual healing powers of cleanliness, and his formula for soap, in particular. The movie, Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap Box, is an very interesting insight into the maker of this glorious product.

Highly recommend. Have purchased and repurchased, over and again. Everyone should have a bottle on hand.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by helloneko

My cousin recommended this product to me to help clear up my bad breakout. After using this as a face wash twice a day everyday, I didn't get any new pimples and after a few weeks my skin cleared up quite well.

This product makes my skin feel extra clean each time I use it. I love the calming peppermint scent and humorous packaging. Both of my sisters love this product this too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've purchased this off and on for years. It is deep cleaning and very refreshing, especially in the south texas summers. It tingles and leaves you feeling soothed and cool. I sometimes add a few drops to my evening bath water and it smells great. A little like aromatherapy. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. I use this as a shampoo to wash out product buildup. My husband uses this as well and loves it. A bottle lasts forever! Love how this feels on my skin and the peppermint fragrance. The same feeling as one feels after brushing ones teeth...that fresh minty tingly feeling. This is the sensation felt on my scalp after using this as a shampoo. Highly recommended!