August 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works great! Heats up fast, makes hair shiny, etc. HOWEVER it for $100.00+ I would expect it to last longer than my $30.00 Revlon....except it didn't. After 1-2 years of having this it DIED. The wire at the base burned through. I won't buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by ooomakeupjunkieooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE MY CHI!! I have it in the hotpink breast cancer awareness edition. I've been through lots of flat irons, and couldnt understand what all the hype was with flat irons, because I still had a bit of curl left after sitting there for over an hour, etc. Well, I discovered this little beauty and gave it a shot and was so glad I did. It's my favorite hair tool and it is truely amazing. Heats up very fast, very high temp., slim, sleek and very easy to pack for trips. I not only straighten my hair with this but I can curl it using the chi as well. I never want to part with mine! This is an investment you wont regret! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ive just used my chi nano for the first time today and now i know what all the hype is about! Its cost me 210 euros.. I could only find one place that sells it in this village I live in called Helsinki. I know I could've ordered it on the net for maybe 100 less, but after adding the cost of post and taxes it wouldnt make a huge enough difference to me to bother.
I had previously been using a flat iron from some eclipse brand... It also had the nano technology, ceramic and ajustable tempreture control, this one was also infused with tourmaline plates which is supposed to better.. cost me 80 euros. I believed it was better than the chi without the heavy price tag.
Well after months of using my old iron and switching conditioners and styling product around almost on a daily basis, it was getting expensive and i still couldnt get why my hair looked shite all the time? so I finlally decided to take the plunge and purchase the CHI iron...
My hair is just right now! thank goodness! smooth, sleek and shinier.
I like this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I honestly love this Chi. I have the Chi digital with the temp control and it's amazing! It glides right over your hair, unlike my old KQC and makes is straight, soft and SHINY! It cut my straightening time down from 15 minutes with dead, ugly hair to 5 minutes with amazing, healthy hair. People say it's expensive but really, it's not. You can find this iron on sites like folica or flatironexperts (if you're in canada) for $100 CAD and on folica for $70 sometimes. With many irons being $150+, this is definatly a good value. I don't believe in buying an iron for under $100 if you're using it regularly. The only thing is, with the original, it can dry my hair a little because it gets so hot. Now I have the CHI digital and set it to 170C and it works perfectly. I can't ask for more! I find that so many people on flat iron experts and youtube say the KQC is good, but I used it for 3 months and my hair was dead. I sold it and went back to the CHI and I almost forgot how much I loved this flat iron. I don't know why people recommend the KQC, it is horrible! I'd think it was a fake one except I got it directly from the KQC company website! I bought my CHI at london drugs for $110, after bringing in my hair dresser friend to inspect it rigorously to ensure it was a genuine CHI. It's great because if you buy it from london drugs and you don't like it, you can always return it. Try this iron!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by pinkiceg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this flat iron i have it in pink i love how my hair flat my hair comes out and i love that its so soft.they are a bit expencive but it works great.i have had mine for about 5 years and i have had no problems yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE this flat iron. Straightening my hair myself is a major process and I never do it well. I always have flyaways and major poufiness. My stylist lives 8 hours away and I dont trust new people with my hair. I have fine 3c/4a hair that I normally wear curly but I flat iron for special occasions. This flat iron got my hair bone straight with no flyaways and major smoothness. It also didn't give me stringy ends, which is something I have encountered with other flat irons in the past. It's a bit pricey bit def worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by kmoanig

Was amazing when I first bought it.

Then after about 4 months every time I straightened my hair it would be extremely static-y, made my split ends really visible, and my hair became inflexible and stiff. (Even when using some of the best products out there.) I had a bad hair day almost every day.

Not worth the money I payed for it.

My GHD is waaayyy better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

Worked pretty good for about a year then crapped out on me..it shorted out. I would expect better quality from something that is so expensive. Bought a Solia and have been using it for over 2 years without a problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by joywill8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always used a CHI GF1001 to flat iron my hair. It does a great job. However, I have had 3 irons just stop working on me. The company used to replace or repair the iron for $15 if the product was still under the year warranty or $35 if it had been over a year. I sent in my last CHI to be repaired a year ago in March. They replaced it with a new one, which stopped working mid-styling this April. I called customer service to have it fixed, but they no longer repair the irons after the year warranty expires. My warranty expired one month ago! Not fair! I guess too many people needed to have their irons replaced. Farouk Systems needs to step it up in the manufacturing department and use durable, high quality parts to make their irons. While it does a great job at straightening my hair, I do not want to spend $100 or more each year on an iron that is just going to randomly stop working all of a sudden. There are just too many selections out there with comparable results, better durability, and cheaper pricing for me to stick by my once-prized CHI. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by chocogrrl05

I rated all 5's. (even for price :/) I love it just like every1 else who tries it. I recommend using a heat spray before, like with all heat products. My hair is only slightly wavey so this might not be completely worth it for me. I could by a less $$ straightner but that would take me waaaay to long, I need all the time i can get in the mornings.