Farouk CHI Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

4.4

I really love this chi! i've had it for about a year now, but it just recently shut down on me. it doesn't even turn on at all anymore. i've tried the reset button, but nothing is working.
i've used it MANY times though and everytime i was impressed since i have thick, curly hair. it straightens very fast, but i do usually have to go over it more than once to get it really straight.
there is only one heat setting and i would love it even more if there were adjustable settings.
it also does good curls and waves, but i found it to be sometimes difficult to turn the iron if you're curling it.
it's a great straightener and it lasted a long time, and i'll probably purchase it again!

My best friends mom is a hair stylist and she was able to get me my baby blue CHI flatiron at a supply store for $49. I had used just a drug store Conair straightener before and found that none really worked the way I wanted it to. I really like my CHI, its easy to use, doesnt damage my hair, takes half as long as my other straighteners did, and travels well. I find that this iron heats up quickly and is really hot. I have fine hair, but a lot of it, and with sectioning my hair it only takes about 5 minutes for my whole head of hair. I have had this iron for 2+ years and its just as hot as the first time I used it. As well, the plates dont get annoying buildup like some hot tools do. The only downfall to this iron is that it does not have a heat control. I think my next one will be the CHI digital! Love these irons!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This flat iron is impressive. It is worth the cost in my opinion. I have purchased other flat irons which have been cheaper and not worked as well.
I like it because it is easy to use, however I don't think I will ever be able to make my hair look the way they do at the salon. I purchased it at my salon after my hair stylist used it on me.
It heats up quickly, straightens well, leaves the hair shiny, and packs well for travel.
I recommend it!

I was not impressed by this iron. Like others have said, no heat settings and did not do a good job at straightening (my hair should be easy since it is fine textured). Was not smooth either. I have been using a remington iron which is less than half the cost and it works much better and has heat settings. Waste of money!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

OK but Not as good as HAI. it doesnt have heat settings {which is weird for a $100 iron} and doesnt straighten my hair on the first pass. I feel that it damages more than my HAI used to. I really dont think its worth the price.

I read a lot of reviews and nobody answered the question... Does the Chi keep your hair straight all day? Or will it curl like most straighteners? Does it stay sleek? Someone please answer me! I've heard a lot of good reviews on it and if it makes your hair long lasting straight, I'll def buy it! (:

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this for my birthday and I LOVE IT! I've been really wanting one for about 2 years and after having to buy serval cheaper brands because they didn't get hot enough, I decided to use my birthday money to buy it. Yes it is a lot of money but its more than worth it! I would buy another one if mine ever breaks!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Works great! Heats up fast, makes hair shiny, etc. HOWEVER it for $100.00+ I would expect it to last longer than my $30.00 Revlon....except it didn't. After 1-2 years of having this it DIED. The wire at the base burned through. I won't buy another one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE MY CHI!! I have it in the hotpink breast cancer awareness edition. I've been through lots of flat irons, and couldnt understand what all the hype was with flat irons, because I still had a bit of curl left after sitting there for over an hour, etc. Well, I discovered this little beauty and gave it a shot and was so glad I did. It's my favorite hair tool and it is truely amazing. Heats up very fast, very high temp., slim, sleek and very easy to pack for trips. I not only straighten my hair with this but I can curl it using the chi as well. I never want to part with mine! This is an investment you wont regret! =)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

ive just used my chi nano for the first time today and now i know what all the hype is about! Its cost me 210 euros.. I could only find one place that sells it in this village I live in called Helsinki. I know I could've ordered it on the net for maybe 100 less, but after adding the cost of post and taxes it wouldnt make a huge enough difference to me to bother.
I had previously been using a flat iron from some eclipse brand... It also had the nano technology, ceramic and ajustable tempreture control, this one was also infused with tourmaline plates which is supposed to better.. cost me 80 euros. I believed it was better than the chi without the heavy price tag.
Well after months of using my old iron and switching conditioners and styling product around almost on a daily basis, it was getting expensive and i still couldnt get why my hair looked shite all the time? so I finlally decided to take the plunge and purchase the CHI iron...
My hair is just right now! thank goodness! smooth, sleek and shinier.
I like this one!