July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

one word: cakey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I sooooo wanted to love this product! So many of my friends use it, and they always look wonderful. However, even in the lightest shade this powder made me turn orange - it is waay to dark for me. Maybelline - PLEASE MAKE A LIGHTER SHADE OF THIS!!! Everything about this product is WONDERFUL except the color range!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by helenlynguyen

At first I actually thought I didn't like this product, until I found myself hitting pan and basically using it everyday haha. I have other powders such as MAC, Lancome, Benefit, MUFE, but I tend to use this most. I guess I really like this product. I use it by itself to go to school, because it's really lightweight. Feels like I have nothing on. I would not wear it alone to go out, because there's barely any coverage. It just evens out your skin tone and it really helps with keeping oiliness at bay. I would use this to set my foundation; however, I would like more coverage when I go out. For it's cheap price, everyone should atleast try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by nnn5321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the packaging. It spins strangely out of the side and I can never figure it out haha! Also, the sponge is made out of a weird material so that's another reason. However, this product is amazing! It really does give an airbrushed look to the skin without being too heavy. It doesn't cause breakouts and doesn't settle into pores. For the matte aspect of it, it really does keep my skin shine free throughout the whole day! I recommend this product because it us under $8 which is great because it is high end quality for a fair price. I would def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

Fabulous! I am so grateful to all the women who took the time to write reviews for this product. I probably never would have tried it without all the rave reviews. In my effort to find the perfect setting powder but also to curb my spending I gave this one a try. I am so glad I did. It is light weight, not powdery looking, gives a nice airbrushed look when used with a good powder brush, not the puff included. I used a Sedona Lace synthetic tapered angle brush to buff this in and got great results. The shade I chose was Sand Med 0-1 and it is the perfect shade for me. I am usually not the lightest in foundations but next to the lightest or sometimes 2 shades from the lightest but with yellow tones. This feels undectable on my face, no heavy powder feeling. It does not settle into lines or make me look older. It truly feels weightless yet looks wonderful. At last I have found my HG powder without breaking the bank. Hope this is never discontinued, which is what usually happens when I fall in love with a product. This claims it will not clog pores so I have high hopes it won't break me out either. Compared to the other powders I was considering purchasing this one I believe to be dirt cheap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Jelli1218

My skin get a little oily around the sides of my nose, eyebrows, and chin. This powder keeps it in control! I have it in the shade honey, it blends into my skin nicely, it doest leave a chalky appearance or white cast. Love the matte finish and silky texture. I use a powder brush for my face and the little pad that comes with it to dab under my eyes to set concealer. works great. This is my HG setting powder. it might be a little pricey but a little goes a long way, it will last for a while. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by londoncouture

I absolutely love this product! It's amazing especially for a drug store product! I have extremely oily skin and this keeps my face matte for quite a long time! I also have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out either. Definitely worth purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by LauraOrduz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! It is the best drugstore powder I've ever used! I think it can be a little bit expensive for drugstore makeup, but it is absolutely worth it. It has last for ages and has a really good coverage. I love how it makes skin look flawless, and even though I have droppped it several times, it hasn't break. I love that it is wearable even when I'm wearing no makeup because I've tried some other porders that just look terribly cakey, but this doesn't. I would buy it forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by sarajo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product after reading the reviews. The powder itself is fine and pretty average. Its the packaging that drove me CRAZY. It is so awkward, the slide out mirror is redunkulous. What side does the puff go on? Lost the puff pretty early on which rendered it unuseable due to the fact I carry it in my purse. Later Dream Matte Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by d3pthofdarkn3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love LOVE this matte powder. It gives you control over shine without looking like you are made of wax. This powder is very buildable and I find that even when I reapply it throughout the day, it does not look cakey. It works with both my liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and my powder foundation (BE). The price is wonderful and the product lasts me well over a month with daily use. I wish the packaging was a little different, as I don't like the mirror underneath and it makes the compact a bit thick, but for the price and quality, these are issues I can overlook.