October 26, 2014 | 861 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVEE this powder! I have this in the shade latte. That shade is discontinued but it can be found on ebay, which is where I got mine. I payed a little over $5 and this has a 9 grams on product. The shade latte is a little too light for me but due to the fact that this is a sheer powder and has virtually no coverage it works for me. So if you get a shade and it looks a little do dark or light don't freak out, the shades are forgiving. I'm nc45/50 in mac. This is a BEAUTIFUL finish. It's matte (obviously) but not flat matte. It looks kind of satiny. This controls oil really well! I apply this around 7:15 in the mornings for school and around 3:30 when I get home I am only slightly dewy with no touchups. I love the consistency (?) of this. What I mean is that I hate when powders are hard to pick up. I don't want to be standing there swirling my brush into it for 5 minutes trying to get product to show up on the brush. This looks great over my colorstay whipped foundation and my studio fix powder. Yes, even though studio fix is a powder I still set it with a sheer setting powder lol. Probably the best drugstore powder for combo/oily skin people who don't want to look powdery or flat. I really wish my shade was still in stores so I don't have to buy online but if that's the only way I can get it, I can deal. This doesn't settle into lines under the eyes or look cakey, even if you do get a little heavy-handed. The packaging is too bulky but I like the mirror and the puff. The twisting mechanism is unique. GREAT powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder a lot! The two lighter shades. Sand is my skin tone and I use Cream as a highlighter. I use to spend 60$ on makeup forever sculpting pallet but rinmel's bronzer and this powder are a dupe for it. This keeps my face matte 6 hours :) and its very finley milled.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Loujanexoxo

Okay so I wasn't really planning on purchasing this product I was at Kroger & I passed by the make up section because I just love make up lol and so I noticed this powder & I took it in medium beige .. & I have to admit .. I EFFIN LOVE THIS PRODUCT !!!!! LORD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS !!! I was so SICK & TIRED of foundations I could never find the right one they ALWAYS make my face look so shiny after one hour !!!! This looks natural and smooth & lasts for a long time with out the shine, although after 8 hours I like to re apply or just get a napkin and dab it on the shiny spots and it looks fresh ! It just removes the shine. What I do every morning is wash my face and then apply lotion to my dry spots , apply primer , then conceler on my acne scars & apply this powder . What I don't seem to like about this powder is that it makes me look whiter for about an hour and then it kicks in to my natural color & it is a little sheer. But I would most definitely purchase this again , no doubt !!! & I recommend this to Any one with shiny oily skin ! And this does not clog pores !! I love this product !!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

I have an oily t-zone and this powder does not keep my face matte! I feel like within an hour of wearing it, my skin is already oily and needs a touch up. It's a decent finishing powder, if you want something light and natural, but not for oil control.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*UPDATED* I feel terrible for giving this powder such a bad review when it was my foundation that was really the problem. I thought this powder made my foundation look pink but it turns out the foundation (Loreal True Match) would oxide after a while. I never noticed this but the foundation also had sparkles in it which gave my face a sparkly/sheen appearance which is bad. Well I used this powder to set a new foundation that I'm currently using and it turns out that it's a decent powder. It keeps your face matte for about 4-5 hours depending on your skin type and the temperature/humidity. I have dryish/combo skin that gets pretty oily throughout the day. The one bad thing about this foundation is I feel like it looks a little cakey. The packaging it pretty bulky. It has a part that slides out from the bottom revealing a mirror and a puff which is a plus. Perfect for on the go touch ups. It can be cheap depending on where you live and where you buy it from. It's about 4-$8. Overall it's a decent powder. Not the best but not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love love love. adore adore adore. keeps me matte, lasts all day on my oily skin. hate maybelline for discontinuing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

one word: cakey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I sooooo wanted to love this product! So many of my friends use it, and they always look wonderful. However, even in the lightest shade this powder made me turn orange - it is waay to dark for me. Maybelline - PLEASE MAKE A LIGHTER SHADE OF THIS!!! Everything about this product is WONDERFUL except the color range!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by helenlynguyen

At first I actually thought I didn't like this product, until I found myself hitting pan and basically using it everyday haha. I have other powders such as MAC, Lancome, Benefit, MUFE, but I tend to use this most. I guess I really like this product. I use it by itself to go to school, because it's really lightweight. Feels like I have nothing on. I would not wear it alone to go out, because there's barely any coverage. It just evens out your skin tone and it really helps with keeping oiliness at bay. I would use this to set my foundation; however, I would like more coverage when I go out. For it's cheap price, everyone should atleast try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by nnn5321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the packaging. It spins strangely out of the side and I can never figure it out haha! Also, the sponge is made out of a weird material so that's another reason. However, this product is amazing! It really does give an airbrushed look to the skin without being too heavy. It doesn't cause breakouts and doesn't settle into pores. For the matte aspect of it, it really does keep my skin shine free throughout the whole day! I recommend this product because it us under $8 which is great because it is high end quality for a fair price. I would def repurchase