December 20, 2014 | 1602 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Skaramoosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation for pigmentation. I know - who'd think that such a sheer foundation would do it? But it is buildable. That's the beauty of it.

I decided to try this after reading reviews and discovering that SJP wore this in Sex and The City. I'm NC30 and bought this in shade #32, Alabaster Beige. The colour looks darker in the bottle than it does on the skin, so don't be put off by that.

I have pigmentation on my forehead, cheeks and my jaw. I hit the jackpot there. As I've headed further into my 30s, I've found that the fuller coverage foundations are either too heavy and draw attention to my dry spots and find lines, or wear off too easily.

The perfect skin for me involves the following routine: I apply clear zinc over my face after washing it and let it settle. I then apply MUFE full coverage concealer on my pigmentation (except my forehead, because it shows up dryness) and Revlon Age Defying concealer in the borners of my eyes. I then lightly dust where I've applied the MUFE concealer with MAC Prep & Prime translucent powder. I then apply two layers of foundation. I let the first layer settle, while I work on my eyes then I apply the second layer. I finish it off with a light dusting of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and then apply blush, lipstick etc.

I found the best application is achieved by using my fingers. A foundation brush left it a little streaky and I think a sponge would really soak it up as it's around 75% water. I'm so impressed that two layers covered up the pigmentation on my forehead without the need for concealer. I didn't think it would. And it stayed put.

The only cons to this product are: (1) you need to give the bottle a REALLY good shake before using it, which I've never had to do before with any foundation; and (2) be careful when squeezing the pump - you only need a small amount, but if you press the pump too hard, it will spit all over your cake tins, table and anything else you're standing near. So be gentle!

I love this foundation and really doubted it would give good coverage, but was pleasantly surprised at how natural a finish it gives when coupled with a good concealer, how well it lasts and how little I needed to use. Also, it doesn't draw attention to my fine lines, which made me do a happy dance.

Will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i had a sample of this. i didnt like it at all to buy it.
i couldnt find the right colour for me at sephora, everything ran too pink or too light. i am NC35 skin tone and a perfect match to #123 in HD which is a great foundation.
the face and body comes in a glass jar with a pump, so thats a plus.
the formulation is like a jelly, and the water and the product separate. when i first pumped it onto my hand i got water so that means you have to shake it throughly before application (annoying to me as my other foundations dont need this to be done!)
when i put it on my face, the finish was matte and very chalky looking. not a good look. i used my hands to apply.
the foundation felt abit wet on my skin even though it dried which i didnt like. it didnt feel waxy. i could imagine this would transfer. the coverage was good though, i dont have blemishes, just little tiny left over acne scars and this covered them well enough that they were invisible.
i didnt wear it for the duration of the day because the colour match was way off and the foundation felt uncomfortable for me. (so i wouldnt be able to comment on longevity)
i wouldnt purchase this, i rather the MUFE HD (can be applied multitudes of ways for a range of finishes) and if youre after a natural looking foundation, i have recently trialled Estee Lauders Invisible Make Up, (excellent colour range) and will be buying this soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

ETA: I want to cry. Three weeks in and clogged pores on both cheeks.

I had been a mineral makeup wearer for the last several years thinking that it would help my acne-prone skin. After several years, I finally gave up the ghost: I was still getting clogged pores despite using retinoids and BHAs, often with BP. Finally, I tried the MUFE Face and Body!

In a few words: I'm in love! My aging, acne-prone skin is luminous and dark spots are covered without looking cakey. (I'm NW50 or so and while several NW50 reviewers here wear the #46 in this make up, I still find that a tad bit light for me. The #48 is pigmented enough to cover dark spots while sheer enough to allow for my own natural "reverse halo" (something common to women of color) to shine through.

I do need a highlighter/bronzer with the #48 to offer a bit of brightness but the end result is awesome. I'm done looking at other foundations for now (and my search has been YEARS in the making).

Best part? My normally clogged areas are clearing up! I can no longer squeeze gook from my pores for hours at a time after removing my makeup. I'm a happy consumer. I gave this a "4" only because I think they need to add a few more colors in the darker shade range to make the product line complete.
ETA: I apply this with Cargo's Magic Brush ... a very aptly named brush that helps the F &B to sink into my skin. Try it!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

after reading so many good reviews on this i wanted to get some to wear in the day for my holiday.What a load of pants! waterproof? ridiculous, sweatproof, ridiculous, i put it on sun bathed outside in my garden for about an hour and the stuff came off, it wipes straight off.I dread to think what its like to go swimming with it on.complete waste of money, i knew it wouldn't cover my sun spots as it is literally like water, so sheer.I also put on my make up forever waterproof concealer on first and as soon as i put this foundation over it it just wiped the concealer away, both products are a pile of rubbish and DO NOT do what they suppose to do.I won't be buying anymore of their products, totally over hyped brand.The only people who will benifit from this foundation is people with absolutly perfect skin and who's skin is on the slightly dry side as the effect this gives is like you have cling film on your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Xintothebreezex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried nearly every summer foundation or tinted moisturizer for my extremely oily skin... With no success. This is no different.

Went on nice, gel texture, smooth application. It basically was sucked up by my skin, and looked great.

But it's 70+% water... And, if we all remember, water and oil don't mix. Maybe that's why I looked like I rubbed crisco all over my face after two hours. Horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great! Its ingredients are really good (non comedogenic), it is light to medium coverage and it gives the skin a nice glow. The only contra that i have is that it is a little darker than my skin (i have it in ivory).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after wanting a lighter foundation & even though I have bad spot scarring on my chin and just between my eyebrows, my skin is clear. a little dab of concealer on those areas, and then a wash of face and body and OH MY GOD. 100% you cannot tell I'm wearing foundation but it literally makes any pores go away and my complexion is smooth and glowing. I have #32 (I'm an nc25 in mac) and its perfect for me! I use a real techniques buffing brush or my fingers and its just perfect. really gorgeous foundation!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely loving MUFE Foundations. First I tried the Mat Velvet which absolutely blew me away & then I tried this & I don't think I will EVER purchase any other foundations again. First of all let me just say that the acne scarring on my face is severe. The scars are deep deep red and my cheeks are literally covered in them. Now, don't get me wrong I did have to build up coverage with this a little, but I have to do that which majority of foundations anyway. When I put a layer of this one I was like.. hmm.. I don't think this will work for me I need a lot more coverage, but I added some more in the area's I needed more coverage and my jaw dropped. This doesn't even feel like you're putting makeup on your face. It's extremely light weight and the way it covered I expected my face to feel heavy(especially for the amount I used). Now seeing as how I need more coverage I did have to use about 5 to 6 pumps which is a lot & the foundation is kind of pricey so I don't know how long it would last me but I completely feel it's worth it. The best thing about this foundation is that it works either way. If you're someone who just wants to even out your skin tone and needs light coverage, this would be absolutely perfect for you & at the same time if you're someone like me who needs heavy coverage it's still perfect because its easily build able and NEVER feels heavy. It honestly just blends right in and looks like your own skin no matter how much you apply. I do dislike the bit of a scent that this has but I can deal with it. You only smell it as you're applying and it's not a heavy scent that lasts all day, so it's fine. I completely recommend this to anyone who wears makeup. It's my new love. (P.S. don't forget to shake it because I didn't at first and it was a bit watery)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

IA with all positive reviews. The BEST liquid fndn. Doubt nothing will ever beat this. Almost finished my 1st, which has not happened with any other foundation. I`ve noticed I look better and brighter in cooler or totally neutral shades. F.e Nars SG Mont Blanc is much better than Deauville; wearable though. So I`m getting #2 again. HG of HGs !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by kimmington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great, great foundation!! It has not once caused any problems for my usually sensitive skin, and does not clog pores. It goes on oh so smoothly, and leaves just the right amount of coverage for my skin, covering it well but still looking natural. It is not a very heavy foundation so you barely feel it and it blends in very nicely, but this could also be a negative for someone who needs heavier coverage on their skin, although with some layering it might not be a problem. It is a little pricey, but a little of this foundation goes a long way, and I don't see myself running out of this foundation for awhile.