Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 3/15/2009 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Summary: Good coverage for someone who hates foundation.

Pros: Lightweight, odorless, comfortable, good coverage, looks natural. Not make-uppy or cakey. No make up lines to blend.

Cons: Takes FOREVER to apply compared to ordinary face powder. You have to tap powder into the lid, swirl the brush in it, tap the excess, and then apply. I have to do this 3-5 times to cover my entire face. THEN you have to put on the mineral veil. Once it's all on, it looks great. Another con is that I have to use it really sparingly or it emphasizes my large pores. As loose powder and multi step process, it's also not convenient for carrying in my purse and doing touch ups through out the day. I carry LORAC pressed powder for that.

on 3/12/2009 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using BE since December 08 - and during that time my skin has cleared up completely. Before that - I was using liquid foundation which caused me to constantly break out - which at my time of life was a nightmare. I tried Revlon colourstay mineral makeup for a couple of months - but this still caused me to breakout. BE mineral foundation and mineral veil is a godsend and I would not use anything else.

The only thing I would say is that it is quite expensive - and coupled with the crap packaging etc - I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily sensitive skin.

on 3/8/2009 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I did not like this when I first started using this. I thought it was breaking me out but it turned out that I had just started using retin-a and thats what was causing the breakout. I used this for about a year and it was ok. I stopped using because I wanted something that provided better coverage. This formula was a little shiney looking for my oily skin. I really love the mineral veil and still use it as my finishing powder. If you have pretty good skin or just want a light coverage then you will probably like this. I HATE the packaging..its hard to travel with bc the powder spills out of the sifter. It has to stay flat so that was a pain. I rated it a 3 due to the packaging and the shimmery look the mica leaves behind.

on 3/4/2009 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finding the origin of your acne flare-ups is a tough thing since you can never really pinpoint the actual cause. It's not like you can isolate all other variables that might cause it. But I have to say, this make up did not it any way HELP my acne, nor is it particularly beneficial for your skin, as is often advertised. It's good at covering up your face to give it a good finish, but at the same time aggravated my skin.

About 6 months after daily usage ( I slowly was applying more and more) my acne has flared up, and now I am disheartened at leaving the house bare-faced. So, I apply foundation, which only irritates my skin. Vicious cycle...and great for their business. So, if you have oily skin and are prone to break outs and scarring, I would not recommend this product. Find something without the bismuth, which can be especially irritating to certain skin types. Plus, the corn starch in the mineral veil can be irritating to some. Look at labels before buying.

on 3/3/2009 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the getting started kit as a Christmas gift for myself a few years ago. I decided that I did not like the "Warmth" bronzer, or the moisturizer, but I like the mineral veil and foundation and really like the brushes.

This product provides light to moderate coverage with the kabuki brush. I use the flawless brush for blush. I used to use Glee but ran out and have not repurchased. I use the light/fairly light. Even with the concealer-type brush, I find that I like to use bisque or another concealer under my eyes.

It is a messy product, but I recommend it if you live in a hot area like I do, because it does not sweat off. It made my face itch in the beginning, and I broke out badly the first week and then I had no further problems with it.

on 2/10/2009 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive combo skin type, and this mineral powder works on my skin just fine. I usually get skin irritation when using liquid foundations. However I don't have any skin irritations on this, and it gives nice coverage for redness issue. I just need to use a little bit on a kabuki brush. I know there are so many other brands of mineral powder in the market, but i don't want to switch because of its ingredients. It doesn't have so many different ingredients in it which is better for my sensitive skin type. I remember a dermatogist said this "More doesn't mean better!" Plus, it doesn't cause any breakouts and can conceals the redness on my face. Nice stuff!!!

on 2/3/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the finish I got with BE but it made me itch like mad. I wanted it to work but it just didn't.

on 1/27/2009 2:24:00 PM

3 rating for the foundation -- i'd give the mineral veil a 4.

if you do not buy the "foundation", at the very least buy THIS. it really does make your skin glow, and has a very airbrushed look. i have put it on top of other foundations (not mineral) and it works out well.

on 1/19/2009 7:39:00 AM

it's a very good product!

on 1/14/2009 8:27:00 PM

I've been using this product for the past 3 years and am very satisfied. I've never used another foundation that I feel compares. What I love most about Bare Minerals is that you can layer it on as thickly or as thinly as you please. I do not feel that is an opinion with most other foundations, especially liquid.

The only com plaint I have is the packaging. Where it comes in a loose form it is easily spilled. Clumsy people beware.