April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Jexxelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finding the origin of your acne flare-ups is a tough thing since you can never really pinpoint the actual cause. It's not like you can isolate all other variables that might cause it. But I have to say, this make up did not it any way HELP my acne, nor is it particularly beneficial for your skin, as is often advertised. It's good at covering up your face to give it a good finish, but at the same time aggravated my skin.

About 6 months after daily usage ( I slowly was applying more and more) my acne has flared up, and now I am disheartened at leaving the house bare-faced. So, I apply foundation, which only irritates my skin. Vicious cycle...and great for their business. So, if you have oily skin and are prone to break outs and scarring, I would not recommend this product. Find something without the bismuth, which can be especially irritating to certain skin types. Plus, the corn starch in the mineral veil can be irritating to some. Look at labels before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by IvansMom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the getting started kit as a Christmas gift for myself a few years ago. I decided that I did not like the "Warmth" bronzer, or the moisturizer, but I like the mineral veil and foundation and really like the brushes.

This product provides light to moderate coverage with the kabuki brush. I use the flawless brush for blush. I used to use Glee but ran out and have not repurchased. I use the light/fairly light. Even with the concealer-type brush, I find that I like to use bisque or another concealer under my eyes.

It is a messy product, but I recommend it if you live in a hot area like I do, because it does not sweat off. It made my face itch in the beginning, and I broke out badly the first week and then I had no further problems with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by SensitiveCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive combo skin type, and this mineral powder works on my skin just fine. I usually get skin irritation when using liquid foundations. However I don't have any skin irritations on this, and it gives nice coverage for redness issue. I just need to use a little bit on a kabuki brush. I know there are so many other brands of mineral powder in the market, but i don't want to switch because of its ingredients. It doesn't have so many different ingredients in it which is better for my sensitive skin type. I remember a dermatogist said this "More doesn't mean better!" Plus, it doesn't cause any breakouts and can conceals the redness on my face. Nice stuff!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by aces67

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the finish I got with BE but it made me itch like mad. I wanted it to work but it just didn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by samus

3 rating for the foundation -- i'd give the mineral veil a 4.

if you do not buy the "foundation", at the very least buy THIS. it really does make your skin glow, and has a very airbrushed look. i have put it on top of other foundations (not mineral) and it works out well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by annelien15

it's a very good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by ash41749

I've been using this product for the past 3 years and am very satisfied. I've never used another foundation that I feel compares. What I love most about Bare Minerals is that you can layer it on as thickly or as thinly as you please. I do not feel that is an opinion with most other foundations, especially liquid.

The only com plaint I have is the packaging. Where it comes in a loose form it is easily spilled. Clumsy people beware.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by APaleBlondeSpeaks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is worse than any drugstore makeup, and please let me explain. I went to the Bare Escentuals store and their regional makeup artist from New York made me over. Unfortunately, I'd bought into the hype and didn't notice that the makeup made me look ten years older by settling into my fine lines and accentuating pores I didn't even know I had until the friends who I went with told me afterwards. When I got home in different (brighter) lighting, I saw that my friends were right even though a BE professional put it on me! But I'd already bought the "good for your skin" hype (hype that has no scientific basis), so I decided to try it out.

****On a practical level, the makeup is sorely lacking. The application of the makeup added ten minutes to my makeup time. The tops of the jars aren't labeled, so you have to turn the jars upside down to read what product you're using. And the "swirl-tap" method is messy (powder all over the counter) and time-consuming. The price is appealing until you also have to buy the brush cleaners, and all the rest of it. The marketing is genius because they essentially convince you that you need a foundation, a blush, something called an all-over face color, a mineral veil, and on and on, a lot of made-up make-up to take more of your money. Bare Escentuals are also highly inconvenient to travel with because of the holes in the tops of the jars (the makeup shakes around and leaves a fine powder over everything).

****Now, of course, if you put enough makeup on (ANY kind of makeup), your complexion will look better. But be warned: this makeup is no more natural or mineral-like than any other makeup, and that's a fact, just read the labels. According to the ingredients, THIS MAKEUP IS NOT ANY BETTER FOR YOUR FACE THAN ANY OTHER MAKEUP WITH SPF. Many consumers of BE report a drying and aging effect. Upon inspecting the ingredients at home, I found that corn starch was one of the main ingredients, and I imagine there are better things to put on your face than corn starch. Within a week of using Bare Minerals, my skin broke out horribly. Right now, their blemish formula is one of their bestselling products, and now you know why. I strongly believe that Bare Minerals is all hype--an infomercial phenomenon that is the equivalent of selling you beach-front property. I saw many women around me on that Make-Under event day in the Bare Escentuals store look horrible and get taken for a lot of money. I have never seen anyone look good in this makeup, just my opinion. I have been complimented on my skin a lot and I take good care of it, but this makeup made it look terrible.

****
Ladies, most commercials are under 2 minutes, but BareEscentuals has a commercial that runs much longer: the long commercial full of nothing but promises and enthusiastic accolades with no proof but well-doctored photos and well-lit models is designed to make you think that it is the ONLY worthy makeup, the savior of makeups. Consumer loyalty is created by the commercials, but the product is NOT better for your skin than other oil-free brands with SPF.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Down2earth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lady's I've been wearing this product for the last 4 to 5 years. It's just as great as the day I first started wearing it. I love it! My 15 year old just started wearing this product and loves it too. I'm fair skinned and it was always so hard to find a foundation to look natural. And natural is what Bare Minerals makeup gives me"Natural Looking" Of course there's going to be people going to dislike it or can't wear it. But to say this product makes you older or gives wrinkles that just crazy! First it's your life style that leads to your aging. If you are noticing wrinkles there's reason for it not your makeup. Not enough sleep, Smoking, (will age your skin 20 years) drinking,(drinking and smoking will age you 50 years) and not enough water. In order for you skin to stay soft and supple you must drink at least 9 glasses a day. This will kept those unwanted lines away. Any makeup will show lines when your not keeping your body healthy and hydrated. I love Bare Minerals and every one that see's me while wearing it states "I look young and Beautiful"!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by dharbo

I have tried a few mineral foundations in my day and this is one of the best mineral ones out there. The only time of year I cannot wear this is during the summer. For some odd reason this makes me itch like crazy. Some say its the bismuth, in my case its not because I can wear it 75% of the year. The BE sales associate said it could be that my face sweats and combined with the minerals causes a reaction.

Apart from that this foundation is really creamy and easily blendable too. The dewy finish I get with this is wonderful. I use Medium Beige and it is perfect for now, when my skin has less color than warmer months. I do use faux tan or warm radiance to warm up the foundation color and add more life to my skin. I abosolutely dislike the flawless face brush, it pokes my skin too much. This foundation applies beautifully with the large kabuki in my opinion. No matter how many foundations I use I always have this in stock and restock over and over again.