November 25, 2014 | 1866 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by mellyanne29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually apply moisturizer prior to applying this product, but I find that half way through the day my face starts to feel quite dry. I have since switched to Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch which does not make my skin feel dry. However, I do love how this product makes my skin look after applying. Not enough for me to purchase again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by pandaeyes66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have quite dry skin but found this to have a very greasy feel to it-despite it being oil free.

I would definitely not recommend for those with oily skin types.

It is tinted but i found that the colour does nothing to even out skin tone. I would not choose this as a tinted moisturiser if that is what you are after.

I do like the fact it was spf 25, but the feel it leaves on my skin means i barely ever reach for it.

I will not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by tmaries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this SPF, but it is quite hard to blend it onto face.. I don't think it makes my makeup stay on longer, but it controls the slight oil I get on my forehead if it's hot outside. It isn't sticky or anything on my face, which is nice, but I don't think I would repurchase. Mostly because I don't see it as an outstanding SPF cream.
My sensitive skin doesn't get irritated by it though, so I will use up the tube I've got.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by rhiannamae

I was given this by the SA when I asked for a primer - she told me that this could be used as a great primer or could be worn simply as a protective tinted moisturiser. She was a liar.

This product has defiantly not delivered for me. As a primer it sucks, my Superfit looks cakey and horrible over it. It looks as if it is separating and sliding off my face does not prolong wear or create nice base, just not good!

As a tinted moisturiser it is OK if you can get past the fact that it is horrible to blend it balls up and goes on with claggy areas of tint wiped across your face. If on the off chance you do get it evenly blended it actually looks really nice, not oily just a nice glow but work really fast if you want this because as soon as this hits air it glugs up.

I love the idea of the tinted moisturiser/primer with SPF! This one is just a bit of a fail. A $30 fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by othatdanielle

I started using this after I got a terrible reaction to my usual Olay moisturizers with sunscreen. I suddenly developed really sensitive skin and would have itchy red patches all over my face! I also react badly to any moisturizers with soy in them, which i discovered when trying to find a substitute. This stuff was the first product I came upon that didn't sting when I put it on, and didn't give me any reactions.

At first I didn't like it because it made me feel like I had a weird slimy coating on my face about halfway through the day, but I have lately come to really love it. The texture is good and it goes on very evenly, and makes your skin feel and look dewy and soft. It evens out my skin tone just enough, and isn't obvious. The smell reminds me of ice cream sandwiches, which is a little weird, but it isn't detrimental. The packaging is not my favorite, because I am always dropping the giant heavy top, and the tube is not ideal for standing up on a counter, because it is also always falling over. If you have any dry flaky skin, this will just make it look worse, as the tinted stuff gets caught in the skin flakes and makes it even more obvious. But for a daily sunscreen/moisturizer, it's awesome!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i got this as a christmas gift and to be honest i used it once and never again.

i dont like how it leaves a funny colour on my face and it kinda, makes me look oily. i gess all sunscreens do that to you. it didnt moisturise my dry spots either. did nothing really.

i didnt like how it was abid difficult to rub into my skin and i didnt like the smell either. i like the packaging though? id rather use a foundation with sunscreen in it as a replacement as thatd probably do a better job and even out my skintone.

i wouldnt purchase this on my own accord. no no no no way. i like clinique stuff, i own two other moisturisers of theirs and its been great, but i didnt like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by SugarKane78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this for a few years now as I have great problems with sunblock irritating my skin, but this is fine. I wear it every day over moisturiser and under powder, it makes a nice non-oily base and my make up goes on well. I'm very fair and it protects my skin without irritating or going greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SilverLilyGirl

Decided to buy this instead of my usual product as that was too greasy and was making me break out.

I went to the counter and looked at the 40 & this the 25 spf - they are different shades (the 40 made me look like the undead) so make sure you try both...

On using it at home, after moisturising it goes on ok, and doesn't seem to 'sit' on the skin like some face creams and lotions or make it feel greasy. also seems to work well as a base for make up with my foundation or tinted moisturiser lasting longer than usual...

Not been using this for ages but so far no sign of a break out...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by NiceSunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Clinique products for years and love them, but this one has to be the worst lotion I've ever had.
I bought it, opened it, pressed the tube and had a huge amount of watery substance in my hand - the phase separation had started.
When I returned it to the shop, the shop assistant told me this was perfectly normal for this product. I should just shake it before use. I was so shocked I left. I tried it again at home and got the same result. I returned it and finally got a new tube.

This one is slightly better, but I'm still not satisfied. When I put it on it's likely to leave strange streaks and those little balls that come off. The colour responsible for the tint won't sink in and leaves a mess on everything that comes in contact with my face throughout the day, both fabric and my hands.

Now I use regular lotion first before applying the sunscreen, this helps with the streaks. About twenty minutes later I use a tissue to remove the tint. Since I don't use it for sunbathing I think it's okay.

But I definitly won't rebuy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Jascha117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say this is the first product with spf in it that I like, it doesn't make me break out, doesn't smell bad.
BUT, it is really hard to spread, even though I always apply a moisturizer. So I feel that I am using more of the product than I should be using ( also thanks to the fact that it dries up really quickly)
One con is that it does make my face oily as the day progresses, but since I have very oily skin, I know i shouldn't expect a product to keep that at bay.
Overall, I like it, and I will be buying it again, hough this might not be HG.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this does accentuate your pores, big time. I have some big pores in my cheek area due to acne, and they are very visible (extreme!!) when I wear this. I'm going to look for a pore minimizer :)