October 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by makoto4me

This product seems do not have visible result for me..sadly...I just use it everyday as a morning cleanser..it is gentle and foams up a little bit..did not make me feel dry..but for the exfoliating effect..really can't tell the difference although I've use it everyday..the scrub particles way too little and do not have enough amount to exfoliate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definite hit for me. The beads are gentle enough that you could use this every day, but I use it about every other day, alternating between this and my Clarisonic. This is one of the few cleansers I've tried that actually has an effect on my skin. It's not a miracle product, but I have had less severe breakouts since I've started using it. (For reference, I mostly get cystic breakouts, sometimes whiteheads, never blackheads.) I love this cleanser and always look forward to washing my face with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

I love this face wash. It makes your face feel clean and gives it a nice glow. The wash has also really helped clear up my face and has even helped with my scars over time (not a miracle product.. definitely over time!) Using this once a day has become one of my favorite things.

It doesn't have any particular scent.. but there is a smell. I just can't decide what it is but either way it isn't gross and doesn't stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by yelloweyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really cleared up my skin, I did roaccutane ages ago and since then it had been pretty picky... this wash does not irritate my skin at all. I am very happy with it! :)

I have combo skin, I am 22.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant about buying this product, but am so glad now that I did. The beads are very small and I've had some bad luck with small beaded exfoliants. They break me out and that may have been the case because they are harder to wash away. I used the microdelivery version of St. Ives and I would end up with tiny bumps on my forehead for days following use. Never before have I used an exfoliating wash that never felt scratchy, abrasive and/or useless...until now. I love that this can be used without having to follup up with another cleanser since it's foamy enough. This is also very gentle. I rub it around for about 30 to 60 secs. Well, and you can guess that afterwards my face feels smooth and fresh!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

It's a gentle morning cleanser pros: ultra fine scrubbing beads and 2% salicylic acid plus no heavy fragrance. Overall my skin definitely felt smoother after using but it didn't prevent blemishes from occurring.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jasmeet

I really like the gentleness of the product, it means that I can use it every day. I have combination skin that is prone to flakiness and this takes care of the flakes. I can use it everyday which is an added bonus. I wish they had a pump buts its not a deal breaker. A little bit goes a long way. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by racheliz13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this as a cheaper alternative to Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel, which is amazing but very expensive. I also found some benefit to using an exfoliating cleanser when I used Proactive, but I wanted something gentler and without the harsh benzoyl peroxide. Using this in the morning only, I've found it has helped prevent my pores from clogging and has also helped clear up residual redness from old breakouts. The exfoliating beads in this cleanser are ultra tiny, which seem more effective while still being gentle. This is a brilliant morning cleanser because it's fast, effective, ideal for use in the shower and makes the skin very soft which is a bonus for makeup application. I truly do credit this with helping acne, though it's not marketed to be used that way. I think I may have finally found a skincare regimen that has helped with moderate acne while actually improving (and not destroying) my skin, and this has been a staple in that regimen. If you're curious, right now I use:

AM
Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2
(Try Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free toner if you don't like alcohol in your toning products. It has also worked well for me.)
Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

PM
Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 (or the Kiehl's suggested above)
Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
Eucerin Q-10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme (as an eye cream, on neck, and on any overly dry areas)

For the record, my skin is oily/combination/sensitive/acne-prone and showing the first signs of aging (I'm 33).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Crgo88

I've been using this product for a week and my face looks insanely brighter, and fresher. I was skeptical at first because it doesn't feel like it's scrubbing a lot but I was wrong. It makes my face smooth and my make up goes on so much better. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first Philosophy purchase. I was going to purchase another cleanser - the Purity one - but the lower ratings and some of the comments here on MUA made me change my mind and purchase this exfoliating cleanser instead and I am very glad I did.

The grains in this cleanser are very fine and do a great job of getting your skin really clean and smooth but without any roughness or harshness, unlike some other scrubs. I really like this exfoliating cleanser and highly recommend it.