April 20, 2014 | 956 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by racheliz13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this as a cheaper alternative to Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel, which is amazing but very expensive. I also found some benefit to using an exfoliating cleanser when I used Proactive, but I wanted something gentler and without the harsh benzoyl peroxide. Using this in the morning only, I've found it has helped prevent my pores from clogging and has also helped clear up residual redness from old breakouts. The exfoliating beads in this cleanser are ultra tiny, which seem more effective while still being gentle. This is a brilliant morning cleanser because it's fast, effective, ideal for use in the shower and makes the skin very soft which is a bonus for makeup application. I truly do credit this with helping acne, though it's not marketed to be used that way. I think I may have finally found a skincare regimen that has helped with moderate acne while actually improving (and not destroying) my skin, and this has been a staple in that regimen. If you're curious, right now I use:

AM
Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2
(Try Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free toner if you don't like alcohol in your toning products. It has also worked well for me.)
Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

PM
Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 (or the Kiehl's suggested above)
Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
Eucerin Q-10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme (as an eye cream, on neck, and on any overly dry areas)

For the record, my skin is oily/combination/sensitive/acne-prone and showing the first signs of aging (I'm 33).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Crgo88

I've been using this product for a week and my face looks insanely brighter, and fresher. I was skeptical at first because it doesn't feel like it's scrubbing a lot but I was wrong. It makes my face smooth and my make up goes on so much better. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first Philosophy purchase. I was going to purchase another cleanser - the Purity one - but the lower ratings and some of the comments here on MUA made me change my mind and purchase this exfoliating cleanser instead and I am very glad I did.

The grains in this cleanser are very fine and do a great job of getting your skin really clean and smooth but without any roughness or harshness, unlike some other scrubs. I really like this exfoliating cleanser and highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by cassidyjean117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this and looked forward to getting this in the mail from Sephora. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I did like the texture and it seemed to exfoliate, but after a few days of usage my skin was very dry, flaky and irritated. I had to return it :-/ I'm so bummed!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really expensive for a exfoliator! But I still love it, its gentle and rough at the same time, it has little bead things in it that work as a great exfoliator to wash away all the dead skin cells! I bought the huge bottle, but it didn't come with a pump, I hate that little top :( I'll be using this for a while & maybe when it runs out ill be on the search for one with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love both this gentle exfoliating wash and the Purity cleanser. I like to use Purity at night because it removes my makeup very well, and I like using this in the morning. The very tiny little beads really 'wake you up'. It is a very gentle scrub and sometimes I even use it both morning and night. I like the way it feels on my face. It has that slight scrubby texture that makes me think it's really exfoliating all the dry skin away. and yet, it is still gentle and refreshing. I'm not sure if it gets rid of my blackheads or anything, but I do like it a lot, and I feel like it really helps me clean my face. I also use this with the Clarisonic, and it works very well together. It is very pricey, and sometimes the cap does get a bit clogged, as others have mentioned, and you end up squirting a lot of it out. I will continue to use this and Purity, until I find something better and cheaper :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is not an effective cleanser nor is this an effective scrub. 2 in 1 products usually have so-so efficacy and this is no different. The concentration of scrub particles is very low but also they scratch very badly and are painful. I would not recommend this under any circumstance, get a proper cleanser and a proper scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ppbcup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has a gel like consistency whereas I prefer a cream like texture for facial cleansers. The positives: price is reasonable for what you get, if you need a subtle daily exfoliator it is gentle and have a light consistency. Negatives for me: I like cream cleansers so the texture was off, tiny beads so I felt like I needed to use a lot to really get a good scrub. All in all it was okay but I will continue my search for a great daily exfoliating cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best exfoliating wash out there! I love this stuff! It's not too harsh & not too gentle, perfectly in between. It has made such a positive improvement in my skin :). My only complaint is the packaging for the standard size bottle. It sucks! It always gets clogged, and once you unclog it, it squirts product all over the place (what a waste!). My suggestion is to buy the jumbo siz that comes with a pump. Not only is it better packaging, it's also a better deal money wise. Love this stuff, def. worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this Philosphy cleaner. Love it! I use it in the morning a few times a week because it is grainy/scrubby. Although you can use it every day and not scrub away your skin. I absolutely hated the Purity cleaner (made me break out badly) but finally Philosophy has come through for me with their Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash cleanser. I have read that the earth clay ingredient used in this product is really good for skin health.
I have become a fan of Philosophy all over again.
Philosophy.com has 20% sales from time to time so I like to buy their products when they go on sale. This wash is regular price of $25 for 8 oz.