Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 1/26/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My skin is acne-prone, so it is important that I exfoliate regularly. However, a good exfoliater that is not too irritating or drying is hard to find. My face is also little on the dry and sensitive side, and this is one of the few exfoliating cleansers I can use on a daily basis. The exfoliation is thorough, but not harsh or irritating. I have to follow up with a moisturizer, but with my dry skin, I have to use a moisturizer on top of any cleanser I use. I use an antibacterial soap and SA toner in the morning, followed by Microdelivery and Ziana (retinol) at night, and it seems to have helped me manage my acne quite well.

No cleanser is going to be perfect or work for everyone, but this is about as close as I've gotten.

on 1/14/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Where Purity is my night time cleanser, Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash is my morning cleanser. It leaves my skin so soft and clean. It doesn't irritate my skin or leave it dry. Another wonderful Philosophy product.

on 12/11/2010 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The first time I used this, my face turned reddish, I guess it was my skin reacting? Because it doesn't happen anymore. The first month I used this, I LOVED it - my skin was SOOOOOO soft it wasn't even funny! My friend touched my skin and complimented how soft it was.

It's honestly not as affective anymore... Maybe it's because I'm not using it consistently or something but it just isn't. Or maybe it's because my skin got used to being exfoliated?

My advice (if this has happened to you) is to start off dry - as in, no water, only a tiny bit to dampen your hands and then squirt a bit, start exfoliating both cheeks and once it starts getting dry, add water. I find this to be an effective method and it actually exfoliates (lol). continued >>

on 12/8/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I love this! It reminds me of MURAD AHA/BHA that i've been using,it doesn't irrirate my face,will repurchase this

on 11/24/2010 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I am sorry, it does not clear my skin or anything. Yet it does its job of exfoliation? I guess. But i rather use Biore pore scrub, since it is cheaper and it works better to give me more clear complexion. It was too expensive for my taste.

on 11/19/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Really a heavy duty scrub product. Way too abrasive for me to use more than once a week so it might be a value for me at that rate, but saw no brightening effect just red irritated skin.

on 11/9/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually go to St Ives or its Target knockoff because I like a firm scrub. I don't care for weak exfoliators, because I feel like, "what's the point?" why waste my time? I do like how thin this product is so the beads do a great job scrubbing without the product being too "creamy" and therefore ineffective. So I do like that--it is like the product is there to just help you smooth the beads on but doesn't interfere with the bead action itself.

I don't think I will buy this once I run out of my 4oz mini version; I just can't spend that much on products. I have had my 4oz version for nearly 2 years though and I use it once every 1-2 weeks.

on 11/5/2010 11:34:00 PM

I have bought this many times and will continue to do so. It is the best, most gentle yet most effective exfoliant I have ever used. It makes a huge difference in the appearance and clarity of my skin, and I would hate to be without it. The packaging is not the best because the cap gets clogged up and it becomes impossible to squirt the product out. It is also very pricey...but I continue to pay the price because the product is worth it to me.

on 11/4/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i actually like this cleanser a whole lot more than I do Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Cleanser. And, I actually would re-purchase it.

This product doesn't have an added fragrance to it, which is a plus, when you happen to have sensitive skin (which I do). So, what you will smell is all of the raw ingredients within the product. This product doesn't have the best smell to it. However, it also doesn't have the worst one either. Overall, this face wash really does an awesome job of getting your skin clean without leaving it feeling stripped. Also, I do not feel that the little exfoliating beads that are in it are abrasive to my skin at all. After I use this product, it always has left my skin feeling really refreshed and renewed. The only slight con is that it is quite pricey. However, QVC often offers this item on Easy Pay, so that's a plus.

on 10/31/2010 5:12:00 PM

I decided to try this stuff after reading good reviews, but I couldn't stand the smell. I only used it a couple times and had to stop using it. Maybe it's just me, because I didn't read any reviews about the smell. I really wanted to like this product, but I couldn't get past the smell.