September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by yelloweyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really cleared up my skin, I did roaccutane ages ago and since then it had been pretty picky... this wash does not irritate my skin at all. I am very happy with it! :)

I have combo skin, I am 22.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant about buying this product, but am so glad now that I did. The beads are very small and I've had some bad luck with small beaded exfoliants. They break me out and that may have been the case because they are harder to wash away. I used the microdelivery version of St. Ives and I would end up with tiny bumps on my forehead for days following use. Never before have I used an exfoliating wash that never felt scratchy, abrasive and/or useless...until now. I love that this can be used without having to follup up with another cleanser since it's foamy enough. This is also very gentle. I rub it around for about 30 to 60 secs. Well, and you can guess that afterwards my face feels smooth and fresh!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

It's a gentle morning cleanser pros: ultra fine scrubbing beads and 2% salicylic acid plus no heavy fragrance. Overall my skin definitely felt smoother after using but it didn't prevent blemishes from occurring.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jasmeet

I really like the gentleness of the product, it means that I can use it every day. I have combination skin that is prone to flakiness and this takes care of the flakes. I can use it everyday which is an added bonus. I wish they had a pump buts its not a deal breaker. A little bit goes a long way. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by racheliz13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this as a cheaper alternative to Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel, which is amazing but very expensive. I also found some benefit to using an exfoliating cleanser when I used Proactive, but I wanted something gentler and without the harsh benzoyl peroxide. Using this in the morning only, I've found it has helped prevent my pores from clogging and has also helped clear up residual redness from old breakouts. The exfoliating beads in this cleanser are ultra tiny, which seem more effective while still being gentle. This is a brilliant morning cleanser because it's fast, effective, ideal for use in the shower and makes the skin very soft which is a bonus for makeup application. I truly do credit this with helping acne, though it's not marketed to be used that way. I think I may have finally found a skincare regimen that has helped with moderate acne while actually improving (and not destroying) my skin, and this has been a staple in that regimen. If you're curious, right now I use:

AM
Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2
(Try Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free toner if you don't like alcohol in your toning products. It has also worked well for me.)
Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

PM
Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 (or the Kiehl's suggested above)
Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
Eucerin Q-10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme (as an eye cream, on neck, and on any overly dry areas)

For the record, my skin is oily/combination/sensitive/acne-prone and showing the first signs of aging (I'm 33).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Crgo88

I've been using this product for a week and my face looks insanely brighter, and fresher. I was skeptical at first because it doesn't feel like it's scrubbing a lot but I was wrong. It makes my face smooth and my make up goes on so much better. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first Philosophy purchase. I was going to purchase another cleanser - the Purity one - but the lower ratings and some of the comments here on MUA made me change my mind and purchase this exfoliating cleanser instead and I am very glad I did.

The grains in this cleanser are very fine and do a great job of getting your skin really clean and smooth but without any roughness or harshness, unlike some other scrubs. I really like this exfoliating cleanser and highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by cassidyjean117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this and looked forward to getting this in the mail from Sephora. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I did like the texture and it seemed to exfoliate, but after a few days of usage my skin was very dry, flaky and irritated. I had to return it :-/ I'm so bummed!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really expensive for a exfoliator! But I still love it, its gentle and rough at the same time, it has little bead things in it that work as a great exfoliator to wash away all the dead skin cells! I bought the huge bottle, but it didn't come with a pump, I hate that little top :( I'll be using this for a while & maybe when it runs out ill be on the search for one with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love both this gentle exfoliating wash and the Purity cleanser. I like to use Purity at night because it removes my makeup very well, and I like using this in the morning. The very tiny little beads really 'wake you up'. It is a very gentle scrub and sometimes I even use it both morning and night. I like the way it feels on my face. It has that slight scrubby texture that makes me think it's really exfoliating all the dry skin away. and yet, it is still gentle and refreshing. I'm not sure if it gets rid of my blackheads or anything, but I do like it a lot, and I feel like it really helps me clean my face. I also use this with the Clarisonic, and it works very well together. It is very pricey, and sometimes the cap does get a bit clogged, as others have mentioned, and you end up squirting a lot of it out. I will continue to use this and Purity, until I find something better and cheaper :)