October 25, 2014 | 1716 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by oneofeverycolor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom actually bought this for me as she is a product junkie like me. I am fair-skinned so naturally the Fair shade worked perfectly. Love the pump that it comes in and only a small amount is necessary. It really provided good coverage and smooths out skin imperfections. I have only used this in summer but don't see that any other season would be a problem. I am in Chicago so winters are brutal. I may have to eat my words later!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by MissBaseball

I have combination skin and hate really thick foundations, so this one is great for me. I use this as a winter foundation - i tend to melt in the summer heat. it is a great lightweight foundation, but has good even coverage for me. I do not have a lot of redness, so I can't say if it would cover that well or be too sheer.I will keep using this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this has really become my perfect summertime foundation. i first got this product (Fair F0 for my pale, NC15/20 skin) sometime in the colder months and although i absolutely adored the way it disappeared seamlessly into my skin, it didn't provide enough coverage to really knock out the redness in my complexion and give me the flawless, even look i was going for. fast forward to this summer and in the hot weather i've been wanting something lighter and more translucent to wear that will still give me a veil of color to help even out my skin but won't give me that very pale, very uniform looking face that just doesn't look right with suntanned shoulders and tank tops. i decided to give this a try, remembering it's light texture, and it's been wonderful. i would say this foundation has light-medium coverage, and can be layered somewhat for a little more opacity, but it's best used for a sheer look. i apply it with either my fingers or my Sonia Kashuk Beauty Blender-dupe sponge and it goes on quickly, easily, and never looks 'made-up'. i love that the packaging seems to be that air-tight, push-up pump, but either it's faulty all over or mine just isn't right because i have to store it upside-down in order to get it out easily! i looked inside and it doesn't have a tube that reaches down to the bottom to pull the product up, but just an opening right at the top to dispense the foundation. so although that's annoying, the sheer color, SPF 15 and ease of application win me over. just don't reach for this foundation when you're wanting perfected, flawless-coverage skin. it's more in the tinted moisturizer family, but it does it's job beautifully with no pore-clogging or breakout-inducing drama. i would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bea218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have it in Medium and although it looks orange on my hand before mixing it, the end result is flawless. I use a stippling brush so its blended well and I can really buff it onto my skin. I don't want it to look pact on at all. Just one pump is needed and stays on throughout the day with the photo finish primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AshLovePeace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation because I have very sensitive skin and I always had breakouts from my MAC studio fix and studio tech. I heard that this FX foundation is less harsh than most other products and I have to say I agree. I have been using it for a few weeks now and my skin has definitley responded very nicely. No breakouts or irritation! It goes on the more sheer side but is easy to build coverage. I would say a primer and setting powder are necessary for this product to have lasting power. The color matches my skin perfectly. It comes in a pump which I love as well. It goes on very nicely with a powder brush if you like to stipple your liquid foundation on. In MAC I am NC 25 and in this FX foundation I am Fair 1. It isn't as light as it may sound, more of a light/med with cool undertones. My issues with it are that it takes forever to dry and is it a bit expensive for the amount you get. So overall I will repurchase if not only for the fact that it is has improved my skin and I like the dewy look of the finished product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by laurenb222

I really like this foundation overall, however, it is not for everyone. The coverage is buildable, but that takes some patience. It goes on very sheer. I have a very uneven skintone and have found that one pump gives me enough coverage and evens out my skin perfectly. This foundation will not stay very long if you do not use a primer and set with a powder. That makes the whole ordeal very expensive, considering the foundation itself is over $40. While the foundation is great overall, I probably won't repurchase just because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by woaifobs

I'm surprised at the negative comments on this product. Now, I don't need full coverage because my complexion - very fair asian - is quite good but a light application all over my face with a good foundation brush gives a great natural dewy look. I don't use a lot but it seems to stay on during an average day. I have combination type skin that usually gets oily in the t-zone. Definitely use it over the Smashbox Photofinish Primer. that stuff is the best!

Also, very little amount for the price but great packaging and very smooth liquid.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by princessmimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product a while back and at first it really looked good on my skin but then afterwards it started leaving this tingly feeling on my skin, it has a dewy finish which im really not a fan of. Also it does not last all day and it tends to fade throught the day i would definitely not recommend this product at all if you have oily skin or if you want something that lasts throughout the day. I was impressed by the packaging it's easy convenient and simple...Also after a few days of using this i started to break out so it's a big no no for me...although it did come with a sample of smashbox photo finish primer and i find myself a huge fan of that...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I purchased this foundation in Light (I'm usually an NC30 in MAC as reference), the colour is pretty true, a very close match to my skin.
I really hated the smell of this foundation, it has the same scent as the MAC foundation so that is why I dont use either of these 2 foundation that often.
This foundation had thick consistency, it is medium to high coverage, I always felt it was a little bit to oily, it always felt heavy on my face. I never liked it because it always looked heavy, cakey and dry on my face.
This was very expensive, especially here in Australia, and very difficult to find as well. Very disappointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by mvaca86

this matched my skin color exactly... well soi thought, but now i think i thought that just because it has no coverage at all and it was my skin coming thru the whole time! after an hour of wear even if i was just sitting there it would get really oily even with powder over it. HORRIBLE FOUDATION!

no coverage + gets really oily