BeneFit Cosmetics Get Even

3.6

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Squalane, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascobryl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, [ /-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891)].

on 3/6/2005 1:40:00 PM

I dont know if the women at the Benefit counter gave me the wrong colour but it was so orange, and cakey.

on 3/1/2005 1:19:00 PM

I love this product. I use a Benefit brush for application (it is the best brush ever) and it looks great! It evens out my skin and helps with shine. I don't look all powdery or too matte. It helps me look like me but better.

on 2/24/2005 6:44:00 PM

Another BeneFit staple!

I don't use the puff when applying first thing, I use a brush, which gives me a nice light dusting. I will use the puff when out and about if I am having an oily day. I keep my little plastic divider in between the powder and the puff though, so the puff doesn't get overloaded with powder.

I love the finish and the way it evens out my skin, especially if I'm having a red cheek day.

One lasted me about 9 months of use almost every day.. I've only just bought my second!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This can be too opaque and cakey when applied with a sponge, so I recommend using a densely bristled brush. The packaging is very nice and solid, although the puff is useless. The price is reasonable ($26 USD for 8.9g). The color selection is awful, only three shades. However I was able to find a decent match in #2 (I'm an MAC C3). Possible HG, definite repurchase. continued >>

on 1/8/2005 12:15:00 AM

This is a wonderful product that I will buy over and over. I am very fair and Number 1 suits my skin tone very well. No problems with turning orange or being cakey on my skin. On lazy days I use this, mascara,benetint and lipgloss for a very natural look.

I usually love BeneFit, and I had the #3 powder--the OTHER #3 powder. And it worked perfectly for me. I went in to buy a new compact, and to my dismay, the new #3 was a COMPLETELY different tone! The powders only come in three shades. Bad, bad idea for a makeup line, considering that there are only about, oh um, I don't know, a million different skintones!!!! The old #3 was a perfect match. Now, the #2 is too light and #3 is too dark. I understand that BeneFit needed to formulate a powder that suited the beautiful darker mahogany skintones, but was it really such a hassle to have kept that extra shade? What the hell?!? AND, the ingredients are NOT the same--the newer version contains mostly talc, which can be toxic! As everyone can see, I am very disappointed. Unless they change their colors, ingredients, and packaging--AGAIN--I probably won't buy this anymore. It's going back.

I love this powder! I own like 4 powders and I always go back to this as my all time fave. I have very oily gross skin and this is perfect for me. Granted I do have to reapply maybe about 3 times a day but I dont mind as I get to flash my fantastic taste in makeup!Will def. buy again and again

on 12/20/2004 12:17:00 AM

This is my HG pressed powder. It absorbs oil and I like that it leaves a little color to even out my skintone. I tried MAC blot after going through 3 get evens and it didn't compare in my opinion, I'm going to go back to the Get Even.

on 12/9/2004 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my main staples. I love this because it really does even out your face...better than foundations! I use a large brush to apply it to my whole face but it is also good for spot coverage. The best!

This is a decent face powder, but nothing spectacular. I apply it with a large fluffy brush in lieu of foundation. The coverage is nice and buildable that way. It leaves a smooth finish but it seems to actually make my face oilier. I got this to correct that problem, not make it worse! So if you're looking for a powder with good coverage and don't have oily skin, try this.

Recommended for Normal Skin