November 28, 2014 | 1376 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Maya05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must say is a great product overall, it brings a natural glow to your skin, but I noticed that if I use too much my skin looks oily, so I am not so sure if it would be good for oily skin types. It's a light to medium coverage, so for skin types like mine that have some red scars from acne you should use some concealer/foundation before applying this. I used my regular foundation (revlon colorstay)under the mineral powder and my skin looked flawless after my makeup was done, and after several hours, my m/u stayed perfectly. I definitely would buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by janejp

This provides long-lasting coverage. However, I found that it is more cakey than I would like, and it took me a lonnggg time to realize it's not good for my skin. Breaks me out and I don't like the heavy feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

This is a great medium-coverage powder foundation. I use it with a flat-topped brush to buff into my skin for a lighter coverage, and it gives a lovely satiny finish - it's almost like a powder to cream consistency. I also feel that I don't need to use concealer with this, I just go in with a smaller brush to give problem areas the coverage they need - a little goes a long way, as it's quite pigmented. As a mineral foundation, it's kind to my skin, and I haven't ever had any break-outs as a result of using this.
I took half a lipstick off as, although it lasts about 6-8 hours on me without touch-ups, it does tend to come off easily.
I took another half a lipstick off for the packaging, I took this product with me when I went travelling, and a lot of it came out through the little holes - so if you haven't peeled back the plastic yet, just poke 4-5 holes through, that's really all you need to dispense an ample amount of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by dmoney90

I love this stuff! I've never worn face makeup before (i'm new to the whole makeup game in general) and this stuff just evened me out, took away redness and made me glow (according to my room mate). The only complaint i have is i noticed how easily it comes off...i know that's always going to be a problem with loose mineral powder so its really not that big of a deal. Also i bet thats an easy fix with primer. Overall, love this stuff and i've only had it for a couple days!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color lasts!! I've gone running and after the sweating I can still see the coverage. Would like to see more colors. Works for my summer complexion, but during the winter..the shade for me makes my skin dull.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I had used mineral makeup for years, then went back to liquid due to needing more coverage. Recently, my skin has been prone to breakouts and sensitivities due to climate change and pregnancy. After reading many reviews, I decided to try the LM mineral foundation. I am very pleased with the results! Gives a great finish with slightly fuller coverage than a medium cov foundation. I will layer over problem areas that need more. Gives lovely natural look without cakeyness. and I adore the packaging! I have tried Bare Minerals, MAC, Alima, Everyday, Almay mineral foundations. This is by far my fav. Got top ranking by Paula Begoun as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by pizza415

I have been using this for about 2 years and I love it. I had initially tried it twice at makeup counters and didn't want to buy it since it was a bit expensive, and finally caved it. It lasts quite awhile so it's pretty worth it for a little over $30 USD. I recently relocated to HK and it's even more expensive here-about $44 USD!!! I will have to have someone else help me buy and stock up!

I can add more when I need m ore coverage and it looks very natural. It just doesn't last the whole day unless I reapply or use some sort of primer. I would be super happy if it looked just as good in the afternoon as in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by leilanader

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really use liquid foundation in fear it may cause acne or interfere with my daytime acne cream. I had never heard of Laura Mercier but bought this at Sephora 2 years ago because it has spf15. I really love this powder, I have it in Natural Beige. It does indeed look natural, no one can tell I have anything on. It just seems to even out everything and give me a healthy glow (although there isn't any shimmer in it). It is light to medium coverage so you have to have relatively good skin to use it. I have bought this 3 times already and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I always wanted this and was hesitant to purchase it because I have enough makeup as is... but... I haven't been using anything else for my face since I bought it. It gives medium coverage but it makes your skin look healthy and bright without any shimmers, glitter, etc. Idk what it is but it just makes your skin look REALLY good and natural. I loveeeee this stuff. I know it makes some people break out, but try it anyways if you are looking for a mineral foundation or are willing to try one. I use my bobbi brown face brush (kabuki) which I did buy specifically for this product and the two work beautifully. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I got this from my mom. she said this looks very natural. i agree. i normally use liquid foundation or TM n use a bit of this to set my foundation. I know this is a powder foundation on its own buh the jar i have is a bit darker for me, so i dust this over after foundation to set it n to warm up the tone. VERY NATURAL n it looks like i have awesome skin with a subtle sheen? that's why it is natural cuz it does not take away the natural texture of real skin. I don't know how did LM do it, buh the job was done. n i like it a lot. not sure if i would buy this again in this shade, buh i would buy their other powder again for sure.