April 20, 2014 | 1455 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by andrea34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was a very pretty peachy color and I was so excited to get it..but sadly this was way too shimmery for me, it highlighted the pores on my cheeks, no matter how I tried to buff it out. I hated this and returned it. If you like shimmery blush and have small pores, go for it. I like some shimmer, love orgasm blush, but this was over the top on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is everything I wanted Nars Orgasm to be.
Soft, silky, reasonably pigmented (Nars does has more pigment to be fair, but this is no slouch either), applies smoothly and lasts on. It's kind of like a combination blush highlighter, a little reminiscent of Benefit's Coralista, though way more peach and a tad more shimmery - I tend to layer cheek products like mad so this might not show up so well on medium or darker skintones - best used as a highlighter there. Otherwise, it goes on a beautiful corally peach with very fine gold shimmer - you get a definite glow with this and may run the risk of looking a bit shiny if you're too heavy handed.
Lasts about 6 hours on me, but I haven't tried it over a cream base to extend wear yet, so we'll see about that.
It has a slight fragrance, something vaguely aromatherapy-ish, rosewood or geranium maybe, but very faint. The packing is a very study, yet slim cardboard compact, with a cute 50's gal in a red bikini. Has a flip top lid, held closed with a quite powerful magnet. Comes with an identical cardboard sleeve which might be worth stashing if you travel a lot. You get just over 7 grams of product, so they don't skimp on it. Plus it can be used as an eyeshadow (reminds me a lot of Lancome Kitten Heel actually) or layered on lips, so great to have a multipurpose product!
EDIT - I added another lippie, this stuff is awesome! Looks fab as an e/s and I always get compliments when I wear it. Will definitely buy again!
EDIT 2 - I swatched Springsheen at the MAC counter last week and it seems very, very similar. I wasn't able to do a side by side comparison and it was under halogen lighting but they look like pretty close dupes to me. I looked at Orgasm again and it is definitely more pink than Hot Mama. (which is still utterly gorgeous!)
EDIT 3 - Springsheen is actually more of a true orange compared directly with Hot Mama, which has more pink in it (and better pigmentation and more golden shimmer too!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

EDIT: I received this free with a recent purchase of Bahama Mama. I gave it another shot, despite having had lackluster results the first time around. I was right - I got an unpigmented batch then. This one I've got now is lovely. It's still very shimmery - almost too glowy for day (and I love, love glow) - but the color is what makes it divine.

I wanted to love this; it's just absolutely beautiful in the pan. It's almost like Cargo Rome (a shimmering coral) married Nars Orgasm (a shimmery peachy pink). But when I applied it on my NC25 skin, I pulled a lot more pink than I did peach, and it was nowhere near the pan shade - it was very light, very frosty, and looked more like a highlighter than anything else. Atop some other blush it's pretty, but on its own, it just doesn't work for me. Judging by the high reviews, I may have received a defective or less-than-pigmented batch. Still, it's a promising line, and I don't doubt I'll be trying out more TheBalm products very soon! Another pros for the product: biodegradable, adorable packaging. $26 CDN.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by angelabangela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I've read that it is comparable to NARS Orgasm, though I find Orgasm to be a little more pink than peachy. Upon swatching it I discovered that it's not as dry as blushes I've used in the past. The powder is very silky and doesn't make a huge mess in the case after you use it. It has the slightest amount of shimmer to give you a nice glow without making you look like a disco ball. The color is probably better for lighter to medium toned skin, but would work well as a highlighter on dark toned skin.
This product can also be used as an eyeshadow. It would probably work best as a basic lid color along with a slightly darker shade for dimension.
Overall, a great multi-use product! Definitely a worthwhile investment! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by crys72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful highlighter.......particularly in the spring and summer months. Sometimes it seems like there is too much shimmer which is why i gave it 4 lippies. Overall it is a wonderful product just not when you're not in the mood for sparkle. The packaging is also very vintage and cute...overall I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

you prob wouldn't get this blush if you just look at the color in the pan, it looks shimmery and is like a combination of peach, pink & gold ....but once it's on, it's looks very natural & no glittery effects so I have no problem wearing it to work, during the day. Definitely a keeper for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my perfect peach...even better than all of my beloved NARS blushes. In fact, I can't think of a color that is really like this one in NARS (or MAC). It is a peach with a slight hint of coral and shimmer which is subtle. I recommend swatching it at Sephora because it's gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am very pleased with this blush. I probably have 10+ blushes, including MAC and NARS, and if I could only keep one blush, it would be this one. It gives a flush of color and a glow all at once. Good color payoff and cute packaging. On days when I'm in a rush,I apply foundation, this blush and some lipgloss and I look fresh and awake.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by hinako442003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I might be in love with TheBalm products. I'm not sure if I'd recommend carrying this blush around since it's in carton paper packaging, but it is very thin and compact. I like it much better than Benefit's boxy style. The color is also really pigmented. I had tried Laura Mercier's blush earlier and gotten use to the weak pigments that I started loading Hot Mama on accidentally. Woops. I'm an NC25 and with a light hand, it shows up a nicely peachy pink. Perhaps I'd like a bit less shimmers but at least it's not over-the-top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this, and The Balm Stainiac, are my favorite blushes at the moment. This is a peachy-coral (I see it compared to NARS Orgasm but Orgasm has more pink I think) with golden shimmer - NO glitter. just gives a natural glow :) - the shimmer isn't that visible on, it just makes it more glowy. It wears nicely - I haven't noticed I need to reapply. The color looks great on fair warm skintones (like me) but I can imagine it will look lovely on darker skintones, and probably cool skintones as well. Overall, I really like The Balm products - cute packaging, cute names, quality products, right price :).