September 1, 2014 | 1043 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love B.Bees Pomegranate lip balm. Can't even tell you how many times I've owned this lip balm over the years. While I love the peppermint smell of the original (especially in Winter time) I find the pomegranate one to be: 1. More moisturizing and softer in consistency and 2. To make my natural lip color "POP". Something about this really brings out the rich pink/mauve/red tone of my natural lips. While I adore wearing lipsticks and glosses, something about this lip balm is timeless for me. It's such a natural, easy, carefree way of bringing out the best in my lips. Perfect for the beach in summertime when you want to look au naturel in the most flattering of ways possible. This lip balm will help you achieve it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by makeup2000

I got this as a gift. This is an expensive lip balm that gives standard results. It smells nice, but I wouldn't purchase it. A tube of Vaseline keeps my lips the most protected.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by mintyeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've already am on my third tube of this lip balm! I love the scent even though some people might find it as a con. I love the texture and how it glides on and moisturizes my lips. I dislike how it does not contain SPF though, I really wish it did. I like how it gives my lips a little tint. I don't use this at night though because it might stain my pillow cases. But definitely will recommend this to anyone who wants to try Burts Bees lip balm, this is my fave out of all of them! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by sundaypancakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough good things about this lip balm. It is one of my favourites! The only downside would be that the price is steep. Almost $5 for an average size lip BALM? I think they are much cheaper in the states, tho.. Anyway, the texture of the balm is smooth and it does wonders for chapped lips. Staying power is average to good, and the scent is very delicious - fruity yet woodsy. I love the packaging as well, the cap is super sturdy and I've never had a problem with the lip balm not screwing down or anything of the sort. I find this more moisturizing than the original Burt's Bees. Its formula is creamier, and goes on smoother too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get why yhis is getting a lot of bad reviews, but it cured my chappy lips. After cleansing, putting eye cream, serum then moisturizer I use this at night as a way to end my night routine. It is fairly pigmented so it makes my lips look like I ate cherry ice pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE!

It does have a kind of waxy feeling so if you don't like that then I def dont suggest this balm. I like it WAY better than EOS (which I own as well, but mainly for the cute packaging).
This balm keeps my lips hydrated for the LONGEST TIME. it makes lipstick/gloss application much smoother but I wouldn't say it really fills in the lines on my lips all that well.
I love the pomegranate smell and the fact that it lasts forever.
A staple! kind of pricey I think but i prefer this over chapstick so I'm willing to shell out the 6 bucks (since it lasts so long).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Standard lip balm. Has a waxy feel, which doesn't offend me. The scent is ok. Pretty standard, nothing special. It will get the job done but nothing to write home about. I like the minty original better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by fjb786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So honestly I dont really write many reviews. Mainly because Im not really sure who would care to know my opinion. But I really had to come here and share my opinions about this chapstick with you guys!

First of all....I used to use Burt Bees chapstick back in the day. My lips were fine and maybe just bc I was bored i decided maybe I should venture out and try something new for my lips.. Well since that thought, my lips went downhill. Let me tell you that I went thru a number of chapsticks, lip balms, etc etc, u name it, ive tried it. ..And my lips have just been dried,peeling, even wearing lipliner and lipstick was not fun anymore, bc the application was not smooth and supple. my lips were getting BAD...It was getting to the point where i was afraid to give my little nephew a kiss on his chubby little cheeks bc of how uncomfy my lips would make him feel. Yes my lips were severely chapped. Nothing was working. They were CONSTANTLY dry, peeling, ugh it was not pretty. And it did not matter what i tried, bc anything I tried just wore off after a few minutes leaving my lips chapped and dry again. Even when I woke up!!

So then i thought let me know just go back to what I used to use, bc I guess if you find smthg that works, just stick with it, even if it gets boring. I learned that the hard way for my face cleanser as well lol. ( thats a whole other story) Anyway I went out and got Burt Bees chapstick with Pomegranate oil ( the REPLENISHING brand). And WOW, my lips are back. Soft, supple, smooth, lipstick is FUN to apply again.....:) The application is easy, smooth, not to greasy either, sinks right into your lips. Ive only been using it for 3 days and what a difference. NO more cracking, peeling, nothing. just smooth soft lips....Thank you Burts! At $2.99 will def be buying it again! Now wheres that little nephew of mine!!?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Mommyandmore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Is it inane to complain about this product because it is too waxy? I mean, after all, it's made of beeswax, and I knew that going in. Still, the texture is too thick and just sits in the cracks on my lips instead of giving me that "my lips but better" (plumped and kissable) look like that I want from a lip balm. I have severely dry, chapped lips year-round and this product doesn't help with that, so into the dark recesses of my drawer it goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new lip balm addiction is Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. I've been going through a tube a week, and it's starting to get expensive ~ I love the scent, and the feel on my lips. I live in a warm weather climate, so I cannot comment on whether this will help with chapped, dry lips, but it works well to keep my lips hydrated. I've been wearing this under my lipstick, and I mix it with my other favorite, discontinued lip balm, L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm.

Last but not least, a tube of this lip balm fell on the floor, and I caught my little poodle eating a tube. She wouldn't let me take it away from her, and she looked happy and was licking her lips. Now, every time I use this lip balm, she climbs all over me trying to kiss me.