December 18, 2014 | 1779 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by makemeup2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this product! after buying NARS, Sephora, liquid MUFE, MAC and many drugstore brand foundations, I finally found one that not only stays matte on my oil-slick T-zone, but also matches my extremely pale skine tone. It covers the occasional blemish and blemish scars with staying power. this is truly a lovely product. the one issue that i have is that the shade i wear (200) is never in stock at the local Sephora. overall, this product absorbs oil, blends fantastically, covers from sheer to full and looks natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by untrunner42

If you are a MAC girl, you will be converted! This is the best foundation hands down. It covers everything, and makes your face smooth. It's not oily, and it stays for eight hours. Duo Mat is awesome! I will never go back to the others!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by damuko

THE PACKAGING:
Okay, this has some of the best, simplest compact packaging out there. It's pretty sturdy, and the top is held shut securely with a magnet. The powder is in a little tray that flips up, and there is a nice little sponge in the compartment underneath. But the best part? The mirror is actually attatched to the lid. How hard is it to understand that nobody wants to flip back and forth from the mirror to the makeup? Ahem, physician's formula and palladio. It's really nice to just be able to flip the top open and just check if i need to touch up anything.
THE POWDER:
The powder gives a medium ish coverage. I have combo-dry skin, and it does cake up pretty easily. If i use just this on my skin before it oils up, it won't cover up all my redness; instead it turns it kind of ashy. So i carry this around just for touch ups, because the oil control is great, and when my t zone gets oily, the powders adhere better and provide better coverage. For reference, I am an NC30 and bought this in 202, although it's a tad too light for me.

Overall, the packaging, while sleek and mostly practical, wasn't sturdy enough and left me with a crumbled compact (although I was lucky that Sephora allowed me to exchange it), and the powder itself is too cakey for my liking, because I prefer a more natural look. And you do go through it rather quickly. But it is smooth and gives decent coverage. It's a good product, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite powder foundation to date. Much better coverage than any other powder foundation I've used (medium to full coverage), and great for every day use. Stays on pretty well throughout the day and does not break me out. I like that it is a pressed powder and you apply it with a compact sponge (instead of a loose powder with a brush) - makes it so easy and quick to apply, and good for carrying in my purse. For more full coverage at night I'll sometimes use with a liquid foundation underneath. Drawbacks are price (a little expensive, but so far it's worth it to me), it gets used up pretty quickly, and it does highlight any dry spots (like pretty much any other powder foundation), so exfoliation is important before using. Probably best for oily to combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a powder foundation and decided to try this one since I use a bunch of MUFE's liquid foundations. I have to say they always have a shade for me and they always have good quality products.

This specific foundation goes on very nicely, but I feel that it doesn't have a lot of lasting power. I'll put it on before classes and by the end of the day its pretty much gone. I even tried it as a setting powder over my MUFE face and body foundation and it didnt really do anything to create a longer lasting finish.

Though I don't hate it, I will not be repurchasing. I'm sure there are better powder foundations out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by trulydollface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of months now. This is my absolute favorite powder foundation. It makes my skin look natural unlike MAC Studio fix powder which makes my face look cakey and yellow. No matter how much I apply this on, it doesn't make me look cakey nor does it do any harm. The finish of this powder is amazing. It's so silky and smooth as well. It's a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by saraya90

I bought this product in 202-tanslucent beige becauuse my MAC studio fix powder was breaking me out with horrible pimples! And my skin never breaks out! This powder has less than MUFE which sucks, and is also more money. I am NC 20 in MAC. I love MACs packaginig way better!!! And the powder is more pressed together, rather the MUFE the powder flys everywhere! MUFE controlls oily soo much better tham MAC! The color doesn't go darker through out unlike MAC. I'm never going back to studio fix I'm in love with MUFE. I also wear it with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation in 6 Buff.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have dry or combo skin I do not recommend this foundation. It highlights even dry patch, and enlarged pore on your skin.

It does have good coverage, and a mat finish.

I have combination skin and on parts of my face it clearly outlines the dry areas. Also, the powder doesn't settle into the skin well, and it tends to make me look like I have to much makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the horrible quality of the compact itself (with a tiny semi-circle mirror), the product is quite good. It covers evenly (although you must be careful with the amount of powder you pick up to put on your face because it could look REALLY heavy) and stays put for a long time without major issues of flaking or rubbing off. As well, it absorbed excess oil on my face well so I don't become shiny after several hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupLOVER92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite powder foundation. It gives you such an amazing coverage, it doesn't make your skin looks orange. It actually gives you this natural look. I love how this foundation doesn't make me break out like some does. The texture of this is silky and smooth. No matter how much you put this on, it will never make you look cakey. I can say it's a bit quite pricey ($32) but it's well worth the $32:-)