July 22, 2014 | 2527 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite powder foundation to date. Much better coverage than any other powder foundation I've used (medium to full coverage), and great for every day use. Stays on pretty well throughout the day and does not break me out. I like that it is a pressed powder and you apply it with a compact sponge (instead of a loose powder with a brush) - makes it so easy and quick to apply, and good for carrying in my purse. For more full coverage at night I'll sometimes use with a liquid foundation underneath. Drawbacks are price (a little expensive, but so far it's worth it to me), it gets used up pretty quickly, and it does highlight any dry spots (like pretty much any other powder foundation), so exfoliation is important before using. Probably best for oily to combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a powder foundation and decided to try this one since I use a bunch of MUFE's liquid foundations. I have to say they always have a shade for me and they always have good quality products.

This specific foundation goes on very nicely, but I feel that it doesn't have a lot of lasting power. I'll put it on before classes and by the end of the day its pretty much gone. I even tried it as a setting powder over my MUFE face and body foundation and it didnt really do anything to create a longer lasting finish.

Though I don't hate it, I will not be repurchasing. I'm sure there are better powder foundations out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by trulydollface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of months now. This is my absolute favorite powder foundation. It makes my skin look natural unlike MAC Studio fix powder which makes my face look cakey and yellow. No matter how much I apply this on, it doesn't make me look cakey nor does it do any harm. The finish of this powder is amazing. It's so silky and smooth as well. It's a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by saraya90

I bought this product in 202-tanslucent beige becauuse my MAC studio fix powder was breaking me out with horrible pimples! And my skin never breaks out! This powder has less than MUFE which sucks, and is also more money. I am NC 20 in MAC. I love MACs packaginig way better!!! And the powder is more pressed together, rather the MUFE the powder flys everywhere! MUFE controlls oily soo much better tham MAC! The color doesn't go darker through out unlike MAC. I'm never going back to studio fix I'm in love with MUFE. I also wear it with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation in 6 Buff.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have dry or combo skin I do not recommend this foundation. It highlights even dry patch, and enlarged pore on your skin.

It does have good coverage, and a mat finish.

I have combination skin and on parts of my face it clearly outlines the dry areas. Also, the powder doesn't settle into the skin well, and it tends to make me look like I have to much makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the horrible quality of the compact itself (with a tiny semi-circle mirror), the product is quite good. It covers evenly (although you must be careful with the amount of powder you pick up to put on your face because it could look REALLY heavy) and stays put for a long time without major issues of flaking or rubbing off. As well, it absorbed excess oil on my face well so I don't become shiny after several hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupLOVER92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite powder foundation. It gives you such an amazing coverage, it doesn't make your skin looks orange. It actually gives you this natural look. I love how this foundation doesn't make me break out like some does. The texture of this is silky and smooth. No matter how much you put this on, it will never make you look cakey. I can say it's a bit quite pricey ($32) but it's well worth the $32:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MsKimberly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation. It covers well and I don't require many touch ups with it. I use shade 201 and it blends in with my skin tone pretty well. It even looks okay in bright lights, lol. The main con about this to me is the packaging. I DO like the magnet that helps seal it shut. I do not like the sponge that has to go under the makeup. The reason for that is I have nicked the product with my thumb many times and I paid a lot for it. I don't want to lose unnecessary amounts of product, lol. But I will keep repurchasing! It doesn't cause me to break out. Unlike another popular brand that will go unmentioned. *COUGH*MAC*COUGH* :\

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by LolitaKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. This looks so natural and does nothing bad to my skin. The only downside is that you would probably need a more moisturizing foundation in the winter as it can kind of look patchy if your skin is too dry.

I bought the HD kabuki brush to apply this with and it is heaven.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my 2nd experience in powder foundation (my 1st one is MAC lightful which is quite good) and I have to say I like it. I was pretty satisfied with my new MAC lightful until I dropped it and the powder shattered. I can only use it at home now because the powder will go everywhere if I put it on my bag.

I decided to purchase another powder foundation to-go. The review of this product is quite okay in MUA so I decided to just buy it. I use NC40 for MAC Lightful and shade 205 suits me quite good. For me, the texture of this powder is better than MAC, it makes your face looks smooth and more natural looking. Oil control is okay, I do need to blot but it's normal. It doesn't break me out and the coverage is good.

The packaging is not as bad as I thought (I thought it'll look very cheap), although I hate the fact that you cannot refill it. You have to buy another case+powder everytime you need a new one. And the other downside is that it doesn't have any SPF (while Lightful has SPF25). But I guess there can't be a perfect product. Price is quite reasonable, I bought it for HKD 330 (or around USD 43).

I might not repurchase because I think I still wanna try powder foundation from different brands, hahahaha