Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/22/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think I have found my favorite foundation. I am light-skinned, pretty oily, and I have a tendency to break out. I have a few acne scars and a couple of breakouts and I find this stuff covers very well with a nice matte finish. I am careful around the nose and laugh-line areas where it can look too heavy or cakey. I usually remedy this with a tiny drop of face lotion or sunblock around the nose and corners of mouth. Duo Mat really helps prevent my skin from becoming very oily and my blush actually stays on past 5pm. I tend to use it with my Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer and it looks great. Also, the compact is so nice because no matter where you are you can touch up your foundation. Who knew this was possible in a powder compact??? I will never go back to liquid! Thank you MUFE!!!

on 6/9/2011 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this powder reminds me a lot of the maybelline dream matte powder,the only difference is that MUFE last longer throught out the day.this powder is pretty good.it dosnt break me out and it does help with my oily tzone.it last for bout 6-8 hours,depending on the weather.i really like it,i will be buying again but a shade darker next time,i thought 201 would be my shade because it LOOKED the closest to my skin tone but its a little to light for me.over all,its a good powder and i really like it :)

on 5/25/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder is full coverage and covers well my imperfections. My shade is 203 (NC30) and is a pretty good match. I wear it over my clinique even better foundation (golden neutral). Perfect combination! I have very oily skin and this lasts me all day. I love it!

on 5/16/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading popular reviews on this product, i decided to give it a shot. I bought it at my local sephora, it was more expensive than US, but who cares since it should be able to get rid of my shiny shiny oily face. I did some checking online and decided i should be an 203. When i was there, the MUA matched me with a 202 and i was satisfied with the colour. Packaging was cool, with a magnetic cover, though casing was plasticly looking. Anyway, what is important is the contents. Well, it gives a matt finished in which i love it. Texture was fine and smooth, coverage buildable...i had some dark acne scars......as i am quite fair, the powder was not able to cover up the scars well. i was also using Matt Velvet and the MUA told me this powder is able to combine with Matt Velvet very well. Actually, I also love the Matt Velvet, it was the 1st foundation where i am able to complete more than 50%....however, i did suspect Matt Velvet is giving me more bumps and acne and i had 2nd thoughts of buying Makeup forever products...but i still bought. Everything was above avearge...i still gave it a 3 as i did suspect this brand is giving me more acne....

on 5/13/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

i love this product! after buying NARS, Sephora, liquid MUFE, MAC and many drugstore brand foundations, I finally found one that not only stays matte on my oil-slick T-zone, but also matches my extremely pale skine tone. It covers the occasional blemish and blemish scars with staying power. this is truly a lovely product. the one issue that i have is that the shade i wear (200) is never in stock at the local Sephora. overall, this product absorbs oil, blends fantastically, covers from sheer to full and looks natural!

on 5/2/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

If you are a MAC girl, you will be converted! This is the best foundation hands down. It covers everything, and makes your face smooth. It's not oily, and it stays for eight hours. Duo Mat is awesome! I will never go back to the others!

on 4/29/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THE PACKAGING:
Okay, this has some of the best, simplest compact packaging out there. It's pretty sturdy, and the top is held shut securely with a magnet. The powder is in a little tray that flips up, and there is a nice little sponge in the compartment underneath. But the best part? The mirror is actually attatched to the lid. How hard is it to understand that nobody wants to flip back and forth from the mirror to the makeup? Ahem, physician's formula and palladio. It's really nice to just be able to flip the top open and just check if i need to touch up anything.
THE POWDER:
The powder gives a medium ish coverage. I have combo-dry skin, and it does cake up pretty easily. If i use just this on my skin before it oils up, it won't cover up all my redness; instead it turns it kind of ashy. So i carry this around just for touch ups, because the oil control is great, and when my t zone gets oily, the powders adhere better and provide better coverage. For reference, I am an NC30 and bought this in 202, although it's a tad too light for me.

Overall, the packaging, while sleek and mostly practical, wasn't sturdy enough and left me with a crumbled compact (although I was lucky that Sephora allowed me to exchange it), and the powder itself is too cakey for my liking, because I prefer a more natural look. And you do go through it rather quickly. But it is smooth and gives decent coverage. It's a good product, just not for me.

on 4/25/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My favorite powder foundation to date. Much better coverage than any other powder foundation I've used (medium to full coverage), and great for every day use. Stays on pretty well throughout the day and does not break me out. I like that it is a pressed powder and you apply it with a compact sponge (instead of a loose powder with a brush) - makes it so easy and quick to apply, and good for carrying in my purse. For more full coverage at night I'll sometimes use with a liquid foundation underneath. Drawbacks are price (a little expensive, but so far it's worth it to me), it gets used up pretty quickly, and it does highlight any dry spots (like pretty much any other powder foundation), so exfoliation is important before using. Probably best for oily to combination skin.

on 4/24/2011 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a powder foundation and decided to try this one since I use a bunch of MUFE's liquid foundations. I have to say they always have a shade for me and they always have good quality products.

This specific foundation goes on very nicely, but I feel that it doesn't have a lot of lasting power. I'll put it on before classes and by the end of the day its pretty much gone. I even tried it as a setting powder over my MUFE face and body foundation and it didnt really do anything to create a longer lasting finish.

Though I don't hate it, I will not be repurchasing. I'm sure there are better powder foundations out there.

I've been using this for a couple of months now. This is my absolute favorite powder foundation. It makes my skin look natural unlike MAC Studio fix powder which makes my face look cakey and yellow. No matter how much I apply this on, it doesn't make me look cakey nor does it do any harm. The finish of this powder is amazing. It's so silky and smooth as well. It's a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it.