July 28, 2014 | 2116 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looks a little cakey on my face... I have dry skin and large pores (fair complexion). 15 Opal is a very good match for NW-15/20, it is yellow based and colour blends in easily.

HOWever, once it dries and settles, it looks kinda caked on...maybe it's too matte for me. And it also makes my pores look very obvious. Coverage is pretty good.

Still looking for that perfect FULL coverage, dewy foundation....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by caitmeg10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What more needs be said? This is a great foundation, very versatile in uses: mixed with moisturizer for a sheer look, used straight for max coverage, buildable to cover all blemishes.....BUT the color choices? OY!

Damn Vichy! Why you no make in more colors? FOR REAL! 4 colors? Lord! Everyone will have to buy 2 or more to mix to match their shade. BAH HUMBUG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a full coverage foundation and works amazing. I have found that I need to use a brush with it..no matter what. It will not go on well at all if you try to use your fingers. I mix a lighter shade with the current one i purchased b/c i did not feel like returning it and had a sample of a lighter shade at home.I swear when I start to put this on it is like the foundation is magically erasing all of my red post acne scars. It also does not break me out which is a miracle in itself. The only negative thing that i can possibly say is that it does transfer easily to clothes if you do not set it with powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this product, as I have mild rosacea and like a full coverage foundation, but this just didn't work with my skin. It felt nice at first, and covered blemishes really well, but after a while it started feeling a bit sticky and tacky. I guess a powder foundation just works better with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by beautyadvices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DISCLAIMER: I'm Italian and I'm so sorry for my rusty English ;-)

In Italy this foundation is not so cheap: it costs more than 20€ (and for that price I can buy Makeupforever, Kryolan or MAC)!

PROS:
*I love the all-in-one products: Dermablend is a nice concealer for my eyes and for my red nose ;-)
*I chose the right shade: NUDE is simply perfect for me!
*If you have a normal skin and you have to wear it just for few hours (maybe for a photoshooting or a video) is perfect!

CONS:
NO...I won't buy it again!!!
I'm not happy, really...I'm going to hate this product!

*I need no-transfer foundation...this Dermablend leaves so dirty:
horrible stains everywhere and oil on my glasses...no way!
*You have to fix it with a lot of powder...or spray!
*If you see your face at the mirror with the sunlight you can see that it doesn't cover a lot: it's not like a Kryolan Dermacolor for Camouflage!
*This foundation is not for sensitive skin at all (and not for everyday use):
When I bought it I tried it on the neck and has quickly become red!!!
But (silly me) I decided to try the same all over my face!
*The packaging is not handy...it leaks!

Now I have a terrible dermatitis...and maybe Dermablend is really guilty for that!
I can't put my makeup on my skin, I feel so bad...I'll use mineral makeup!!!
Don't waste your money!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

So I decided to give this a try even after its counter-part the DB cream stick did not match well for me. I originally bought the Opal which is a yellow toned light shade that would work perfect for undereyes or higher points of my face if I was using it to highlight with a darker foundation blended in overall. But I needed a one step all over foundation with full coverage. Thanks to MUA NC25 girls recs I picked up the Nude, which I originally put down after swatching a tester & seeing the strong pink undertones it had. But I bought it any way and I must say I'm glad I did!

It goes on looking like neutral undertones on my face that you can detect in your car rear view mirror under direct sunlight, not otherwise and the color shades matches almost perfectly. I love this foundation, its the only one I can use to just spot treat my face with & still look natural. You need sooo little that I literally place my pointer on the hole and gently squeeze the tube so I don't get a full drop; the tiny splash usually does half my face, then I repeat for the other half. It gives absolute full coverage, that I no longer reach for my concealer which I absolutely need otherwise for my acne. The staying power is kind of weak, probably 8 hrs & it transfers to my phone etc. So I set it with my Skindinavia & its perfect. For now this is HG until I find the right shade AND undertones.

PS. This retails for $27 at CVS, but I snatched it when they were giving $10 EB on all Vichy products. I've seen this deal repeat, so be on the lookout :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this place! Thanks to MUA I've finally found a concealer for my dark circles and spots that doesn't budge trhoughout the day.
I've cp'ed this for a lovely MUA'er and bought one for myself too, out of curiosity. I'm always looking for a good concealer, one that stays on and covers undereye circles and blemishes. And I think I've found it.
So yes, I actually use this as a concealer. I don't use this as foundation, it's way too heavy for my prefenerences. I use this like Lisa Eldridge did in her videos, the reviewer below me has decribed it very accurately.
You can use this as sheer or as heavy as you want, I use a blending brush to get this on (just like Lisa) and that works great.
What I really love about this product, is the fact that you get a lot of product for your buck (30ml for €20), you only need very little at a time and the best part: it stays on all day! You have to be careful about applying, because once it's on, it's on. Everytime when I still have some product left on the back of my hands, I really need lots of soap and rubbing to get it off, so that says it all.
The colour range is not that great, luckily the opal shade (lightest availabe no 15) is just light enough for me. Although it looks a bit too dark, I can work with it very well. I'm NW15 in the winter and I can still pull this off, but I need some Touche Eclat afterwards to lighten up my eye area.
I would defintely buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by eemarwoowoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been suffering from adult acne since I was about 24 (I'm now 29) but tend to only have problem areas rather than issues with my whole face. I looked at this product in my local boots a few weeks ago but thought it felt very heavy so didn't really give it too much attention. That changed when I saw the fabulous Lisa Eldridge's tutorial for covering acne on YouTube. I prefer to use quite a light foundation as most of my skin is quite clear and blemish free, but where I get blemishes they tend to be pretty bad and leave hyperpigmentation that takes quite some time to fade.

This is where the miracle that is Vichy Dermablend comes in. As recommended in Lisa's tutorial video I used a light quite sheer foundation all over my face, I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 which is the lightest shade (I am NC15/C1 in MAC), I then used a soft blending/concealer brush and buffed the Vichy over blemished areas and patted onto the worst blemishes. I used shade 15-Opal which looked scarily dark when it came out of the tube but actually seems to be the perfect colour. You also only need a tiny dot, a little goes a long long way. I am completely impressed. The spots/scars/hyperpigmentation are completely covered with no red showing through and the dermablend doesn't feel or look heavy or cakey at all. I set very lightly with MAC Prep and Prime loose powder and then just carried on with my normal 'face'.

I am so impressed with the coverage (even my boyfriend noticed and said my skin looked better) and my skin doesn't feel irritated or suffocated. I will have to see how well it wears over time but for now it is my HG concealer.

Colour me impressed!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sammiechan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing many great reviews in opal, but when I got home it was too light because of the lighting when I bought it but I hate to waste so I carried on using it anyway. Coverage is medium to full, very easy to get a cakey face so go easy on it. It emphasized my flakes without moisturiser, but after moisturising and primer it is okay. It does rub off easily but setting it (I use Almay) it's fine. Not a HG but if I buy it next time I'd get it in a slightly darker shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by KilahYaaw

I really love how this product does a really good coverage for my face especially on the acne scars/marks. So far I have stopped using any other concealer and only use this foundation as it has enough coverage to cover those acne spots and the dark circle area.

The only CON's is that even if it does last quite long, sometimes when touching your face or just accidentally wiping your face will make it come off or something. Also, after using it for more than 12 hours, my face do shine.

Overall, I would still recommend this product especially those who needs extra coverage for their acne scars/dark spots :)