April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG! Iīve been searching for this my whole life! Where do I start? Full coverage. And I mean full. Flawless. If you apply this foundation correctly you can get porcelain skin in a few minutes. I have a complicated skin: over sensitive, combination, dermatits and with sun marks, red marks and acne scars. And with this foundation I cover them all and also the large pores. Itīs a pricey foundation but a little goes a loooong way. I use little dots in my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and then blend it with a sponge. You have to use a good moisturizer before this foundation, otherwise you can highlight dry patches and it kind of gets into your pores and show them. But if you apply a good amount of a good moisturizer and let it sink in for a minute, and then apply Dermablend it works magic. Also, do not use a primer with this one. I really donīt know why but it just doesīnt work with a primer. The first time I used it with a primer and I thought: this sucks! haha but I decided to give it a second try without the primer and WOW! This hasīnt caused me to break out and wow any allergies thatīs new. On the downside, as many MUAīs have said: the shade sellection sucks. I have quite fair skin and I use Opal and manage to blend it but they have only 3 shades in my country. It can get a little bit oily at first but if you blot the oily zones after applying it you get matte finish for the whole day. Seal it with loose powder because pressed powder makes it cakey. I strongly recommend this for problematic skin. If you have a clear skin you may want to look for a lighter foundation. I would not only recommend it but I would die without it!
UPDATE: No breakouts at all, and this foundation has actually made my face softer and clearer. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bellenti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and have to moisturise a lot. I always moisturise before applying foundation. i had to do the same thing with Dermablend however the result of using it is amazing. IT actually IS hugely corrective and matches my skin tone which is medium. i am really stuck with this specific product because it also stays on for so long. the price really is great because the tube lasts forever and when it comes to an end i just cut it in the middle and put it from tje sides of the tube. very good product. i've been using it for 4 years now.
high coverage= vichy dermablend, no doubt.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by stls

It provides heaaaavy coverage- no kidding. The first day I used it two of my closest friends commented that my foundation looked awfull. After a few days it went to the garbage- I don't hate anyone that much to offer this.
And the lightest colour was too dark for me. Only positive aspect- no breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by stylt

This is just fabulous for anyone who needs high coverage. It's easy to blend and just a tiny dollop can cover a huge area of skin. It also definitely stays on -- I can have it on for around 12 hours and I still have lots of it to remove at the end of the day (even if I was sweating!).

The one drawback of it, which everyone has mentioned, is the lack of shades. I am using 30 Sand and I have to mix it with a darker foundation to make it work for my skintone. But the results are so great and natural-looking that I really don't mind doing the extra step. Also, because it's a high coverage foundation, it probably is best not to use it all over the face because, whilst it's definitely not cakey or anything, if you accidentally leave out a small area, it becomes REALLY obvious when you blush or anything...which is a bit awkward (because there's only one spot that is bright red). So nowadays, I use a sheer foundation all over, then top out some problem areas with this foundation -- and it works great for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by xoBellaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation there are so mmany mix reviews about this , but for me it works it gives me FULL coverage lasts a long time doesnt make me breakout . Although it is a little pricey 28$CAD its tottaly worth it for me a little goes a long way my tube lasted me almost a year! i just love this foundation nothing can replace it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by WhiteShark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very impressive, high-coverage foundation. My clients almost always opt to purchase this rather than the cheaper brands they're accustomed to because they can tell the quality is far superior. It tends to hold for quite some time and only a tiny bit of setting powder helps freshen the look throughout the day. The only downsides are the color selection which is pretty limited. But it covers scarring, acne, discoloration and softens lines. All in all its definitely worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't impress this foundation. Compared with Revlon Color Stay, Vichy isn't as good as Revlon, both texture and coverage. It's thick and the color is limited which has pink or orange for Asian skin. I have very very bad skin, full of bad acne scars, super oily skin, huge pores, so I try to find the foundation that can cover scars and control oil well. This foundation is okay but not good as I hope. It can't cover my scars completely and I still see in on my face, also makes my face sticky during the day. The bad thing is it sinks into my hugh pores. If you have hugh pores, I don't recommend. It's good for acne prone skin anyway, because it doesn't cause breaking out due to its non-comedogenic ingredients. Unlike Revlon Color Stay, makes me break out every times I use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by RaShell

I'm pretty confused about this foundation and how it has so many positive reviews. My constant battle is to find a foundation that will cover my acne without looking like I am wearing a bunch of makeup. So I thought I would try this one. The color is too orange for my skin and I bought Opal 15. Plus the product looks very dry and you can really see it on my skin It dose have enough color to cover my acne but its so drying that it still draws attention to it. I used this about three times trying to apply it differently each time but always got the same results and was never pleased with how I looked. I wouldn't recommend this. I ended up retreating back to my go to foundation, Revlon ColorStay.. now that one I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by juliaschuster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't use full coverage foundation, but lately my skin is just terrible. I don't know what it is, but sometimes I have serious acne in the chin area and even on my cheeks. My usual foundations and tinted moisturizers can't cover those pimples and scars so I started looking for a full coverage product. After testing many disappointing products I discovered Vichy Dermablend - and I'm so happy with it!!! I use a light foundation/tinted Moisturizer all over my face and do further concealing with the Dermablend only in the affected areas. A little bit of blending and setting with powder and I'm done. Looks completely natural and my skin looks flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought Dermablend because I had good results with Vichy's new Aera Teint line (the cream foundation), but I found that it was not quite as good for my combination, mostly dehydrated acne-prone extremely sensitive skin. Coverage is pretty good but the foundation seems to cling to my dry spots, whereas the aera teint one had good coverage but was moisturizing (probably due to the Vichy thermal spa water). All in all I will stay with Vichy Aera Teint as my hg, as it does not break me out (neither does dermablend) and also seems to improve my skin. :)
I say I will buy this again but its more like a maybe ;) Like in an emergency, or if they discontinue Aera Teint (dear god please no).

-edit-
I find that using this as a concealer works amazingly well and since I'm not using it all over my face it doesn't accentuate any dry, flaky spots. I just squeeze a little into a tiny sample jar to put in my purse and it lasts forever that way!