Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 10/10/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have gone through 2 tubes of this foundation. My primary use for this product is NOT the same as others. I have never used it on my face, Instead, I work as a Hooters Girl and my tattoos are REQUIRED to be covered. Regular foundation does not hold a hair to the staying power of derma-blend.

Yes, over time this foundation will wear a little bit in Opacity however it is definatley still there after the end of a 14 hour shift! This is the number one recommended foundation by H.O.A for tattoo coverage and it works better than anything else! Expensive, but does it's job.

Be warned when picking a shade that this foundation dries about 2 shades darker.

I think a lot of people are using this as an every-day foundation. It's not. It's similar to stage make-up and thus is going to be VERY HEAVY. Mask-like is a good way to explain it. This is red-carpet style makeup.

I have a full back-piece that i cover EVERY-DAY and I LOVE this foundation.

on 10/7/2012 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best foundation on earth !! The only bad thing is shade selection.very limited .I use nude, but in winter it is to dark for me ..tried the opal but it is much to light.. I resort to purchasing both ,,expensive but there is NO better foundation so I blend them together .It makes for a perfectly flawless base,.a little goes a lot farther than any other product on the market and I have tried most .I would reccomend this product to anyone who like myself baked in the sun with baby oil.I know bad move but this base hides my redness and the very obvious large veins near my temples.. Have fun everyone..

on 10/3/2012 4:18:00 PM

This foundation is unlike anything else on the market, and I mean that in the best way. The color range is rather limited, and I've found it has slightly cool undertones. I'm fair and somewhat neutral, but this still works for me. While one shade works well enough, combining two shades will make a perfect match; I mix Opal and Nude. It leaves a satin finish - somewhere between matte and dewy. There is no sheen. The lasting power - at least in the heat/humidity of Miami - isn't the best when used alone. The coverage is remarkable when first applied, but it slides off by the end of the day. I wouldn't recommend using this with primer or moisturizer, as that will only quicken the slide. That said, it is possible to make this last 16+ hours as the package suggests, but it requires a little more effort: I first combine the Vichy Dermablend Foundation with MUFE Full Cover with my fingertips, then I set everything with MUFE HD powder, and spray my face liberally with Skindinavia's No More Shine. Together, it's flawless, natural-looking, AND bulletproof - but since it requires 3 additional products to arrive at that point, it's clearly not perfect. I suspect this foundation might hold up better in a cooler, dryer climate. By itself, it wears like a second skin and does not cake no matter how much it's layered - if nothing else, this makes a great undereye concealer because it never creases. It's highly-pigmented, so I recommend using sparingly at first and layering only as needed. I prefer this foundation in liquid form to the stick version. This stuff is just one of those staple foundations that everyone should own, but it definitely takes a little experimentation at first.

on 10/2/2012 9:23:00 PM

I have some issues with hyperpigmentation and acne scarring and was looking for something to cover those issues, this foundation does just that.

It offers really good coverage, that's buildable and doesn't clog my pores. I apply it with a makeup wedge dampened with a light mist of thermal spring water. I find this method keeps the foundation looking the most natural and doesn't make it cakey. I use shade 15- opal and it seems to blend in quite well with my skin. I paid $30 for the 30ml tube which was quite expensive to me at first, but a little goes a long way with this foundation.

Now, onto the things that aren't so great;

I have super oily skin, even when using a primer and powder to set, it doesn't last as long as I would like and it transfers onto my shirts and phone if I'm not careful.

My skin is sometimes flaky and this seems to grab onto those areas and make them more noticeable.

With that said, I most likely will purchase this again when I run out. I have tried other foundations but I keep coming back to this one because I like the coverage and I think it looks the best on my skin of anything I've tried so far.

I love this foundation for covering up blemished skin. I use no 25 Nude for my face and No 15 Opal on my neck and blend it well underneath the jawline. It gives me perfect coverage. The trick is to apply it with a brush. I also apply a small coat of Cicaplast (from La Roche-Posey) as a primer, and find that the Dermablend foundation sits really well on it. After 6-7 hours I might need a touch-up on the blemishes. It is a great product for a reasonable price. I will definitely buy it again, also if I would not need it anymore to cover blemishes, because it covers dark under-eye circles and any other discolorations very well, so it makes the need for a concealer creme / pencil obsolete.

This is my favourite foundation/concealer in one. I've used both the stick and the liquid, and really like them. I have acne-scarred, acne-prone skin and nothing has ever covered it like dermablend. I was so happy when I tried this for the first time that I thought I might cry, because I had resigned myself to heavy layers of concealer, foundation and powder for a lifetime. It will literally cover anything. I experimented covering my wrist tattoo, it worked!

A little goes a long way with this stuff, so to avoid looking like you're wearing a mask of foundation, build it up little by little. On good skin days, I used a light foundation or tinted moisturiser all over, and then use dermablend in Opal (lightest shade) or Nude (a little darker) on the problem areas. On bad skin days, I used it all over. When I get a little heavy handed with it (on REALLY bad skin days) it can look a little mask-like, and it doesn't seem to have any mattifying qualities at all.

It doesn't look cake-y, doesn't dry out and doesn't flake off. But it DOES rub off - on a lot of things - your phone, your top, your boyfriend's top, his face, anyone you meet and kiss on the cheek / hug, etc...I think using the translucent setting powder might solve this, but I have yet to try it.

For concentrated application to problem areas, I think that it might be best to use the stick foundation with a small brush. But if you have a faceful of problems like me, purchase both!

The biggest downside to this product is that the packaging is horrendously boring. I hope they glam it up a little soon.

on 8/27/2012 8:12:00 AM

I absolutely adore this product. I have a couple of beauty spots on my face which I hate, they're a lot darker than the rest of my face and I could never find a product which provided enough coverage to cover them - until I purchased this foundation! It is absolutely amazing, once you put it onto the skin you really can't see anything underneath. I've never seen a product like this!

I use this foundation as a concealer over my spots because I'm not really into a full coverage look. I'm not really a fan of using it under my eyes because personally I prefer a lighter colour to brighten my under eye area but on my spots it's amazing. I dab a little on the back of my hand and then use the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff it onto my skin and it leaves it with the best finish, definitely second skin. I've tried to dab it on with my fingers like I would with normal concealers but it doesn't sit too great on the skin when applied like that, I think because it is supposed to be used as a foundation but the buffing motion works perfectly.

I'm NC37 and I use the shade 45 Gold and it is EXACTLY my skin tone. I'm not sure how long lasting it is to be honest, I find that it wears off after only a few hours or fades in colour but I'm pretty sure that's because I don't use a finishing powder. I'll purchase one and hopefully edit this review soon! I bought this from Boots for £15.50 which I think is a very good price considering I only use it as a concealer so hopefully it should last me at least a year.

on 8/27/2012 2:47:00 AM

Great coverage! Had to order it from america so worked out pretty expensive coz of the shipping fee. very drying so moisturise alot. looks flawless. i only use it as a concealor. or i'll mix it with my foundation for amazing full coverage. make sure the foundation is hydrating as it will look toooo dry if not. lasted me almost a year now. still quite alot of product left. going to try hard candy glamoflauge wen i run out to see if its a good substitute.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this :D
Pros
-Great natural looking full coverage covers EVERYTHING. I have a birth mark on my face that's a few shades darker than my skin colour and acne but this covers everything without looking cakey and leaves a natural finish.
-Blends easily into the skin
-Dirt cheap!
-You get a good amount of product. I've had this since Jan and it's now the end of Aug, i use it every day and as far as i can tell i still have enough left to last a couple of months.
Cons:
-Packaging is opaque so you have to guess how much product you have left
-Lightest colour is still too dark for me (well, maybe 2 shades) and quite yellow/orange
-I find it can move around during the day and come off on your hands if you touch your face too much however a good setting powder or spray should fix this

Defiantly recommend this just not for NW/NC 15's like me haha

on 8/20/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this stuff !!!! I use it with the powder and it lasts all day. I don't need foundation ! All I do is apply it to the imperfections on my face and powder :) So easy ! Oh and it feels really nice on my skin.
Recommend !!!!!