September 2, 2014 | 1828 users online

Other - Omega 3 supplement

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have really mixed feelings about this product. I've been taking the Omega 3 for about 3 months. On the plus side, my hair does seem a little fuller, a little shinier, a little less prone to splitting. My nails... it didn' t make me stop biting them, but the part that isn't bitten seems smoother, less ridged. Also for some reason, I don't seem to need lip balm as much. My lips seem a little smoother, less prone to chapping.

On the minus side, my skin seems to break out quite a bit more now - and I'm well beyond the breakout age, thank you. To be fair though, I've been using TriLuma for a couple of weeks and that could be an effect of the med, not the fish oil. Another downer is that no matter what anyone says about how you can't taste the fish, I burp fish breath all damn day. If I belch quietly in an elevator, within seconds all the men are glancing at my crotch in horror.Oh,sure, I do have my own feline fan club now, but is fame worth the endless TicTac diet? All kidding aside, the daylong aftertaste is beginning to get to me. I thought it would go away with time, but not so far.
So for me the jury is still out on whether the fish oil is worth the effort. I'm going to give it another two weeks ( if I can keep from breaking my neck wading through the swarms of cats gathering to worship me from aclose) before deciding to ditch it or keep it.

23 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by luckyrose11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started out taking one fish oil pill a day, and i didn't see an difference in my skin or hair. I increased my doseage to two pill a day and that's when i started to break out. I dtopped taking the pills and my face is starting to clear up now. I will continue to take the pills only once a day until i finish the bottle. I won't be buying theses again. Maybe this pills are better for people with dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Sklatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got my Omega-3 Fish Oil pills from Sam's Club in a Member's Mark jar of 400 for about $9.00 plus S&H. I wanted to try these pills for all of the health benefits I've been reading about. I've been taking them for a little over a week and I have noticed that my skin has broken out a lot more than normal in the places my skin was already oily (I have combination skin that gets an occasional breakout and my chin and nose are my two main trouble spots). However, I'm not going to discontinue taking the pills just yet. I'm hoping that my body will adjust and that my skin will end up improving. I also have really bad ridges in my thumb nails and it seems like they are growing in less ridgy. I'll definitely update my review after some more time has passed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rfarmer

My first review on MUA and its a rave for fish oil pills. I'd been experiencing adult acne (I'm 24) for the past year - those deep red pimples that never really come to the surface but leave big red marks for months. I've tried antibotics from the doctors and many other skincare products but nothing seemed to work. The doctor said it was hormonal acne so topical creams wouldn't really treat my skin. After reading reviews for fish oil here, I decided to try it and after a month I have noticed a big difference in my skin. I no longer have those deep pimples, and my therapist said the condition of my skin is fantastic. Fish oil is definately worth a try if you're suffering from skin conditions. A+++

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by wendiii

This product made me breakout with huge cystic like pimples on my chin and forehead within two weeks of taking the pills. Sure I've always had acne proned skin... but NEVER ever these kinds of pimples! These were like the pimples on top of pimples on top of pimples... and a whitehead on the very top... it was horrible! I stopped taking them... and within a week... the cystic pimples disappeared.... I'm sure it works wonders for some people... but definitely not for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 2:24:00 AM More reviews by frinze

I take this everyday before school and I think I don't get sleepy bewteen classes (lol?). As for my skin, I think it helps to curb pimples but I don't see any difference in my nails though. The best thing to improve your nails is eating egg yolks, trust me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started taking fish oil because I read that most people are seriously lacking Omega-3 in their diets, unless you eat a lot of fish or seafood. I take it mostly for the benefits of heart health and lowering cholesterol. But one major plus I have had is the reduction of PMS symptoms. I also take Flaxseed oil so it could be attributed to that as well, Flaxseed oil might be a good alternative for those who can't tolerate fish oil for whatever reason. Flaxseed oil has Omega-3,6 and 9. I have noticed my skin is better and my hair also. I read of some people taking Cod liver oil instead and just wanted to say that Cod liver oil is very high in vitamin A and that can be unhealthy in large doses! Anyway there is a lot of information on the internet so everyone should do their own research and decide for themselves. I only take one flaxseed and one fish oil a day and this has worked for me. Also I used to wake up with joint pain and in over a year I have not!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

My skin is usually combination normal/oily. My T-zone is slightly oily while the rest of my face is pretty much normal. Aroung "that time" of month, it is normal for me to get 1-2 deep, cystic pimples, but if I treat them with my blemish cream when I first feel them coming on, that keeps them from flaring up. But, after reading the reviews for these supplements, I started taking anywhere from 1-3 a day, depending if I remembered them. After about 10 days of taking them, I started breaking out with both little annyoying pimples and the deep cystic ones. I should've known since these are called fish OIL pills they would've made my glands produce more OIL......I think these would be really good for those with dry skin issues. They have gave my hair a wonderful sheen and I love the way it looks.but my skin...I have never broke out like this broke me out. If you have oily skin at all, be aware that this can put more oil in your system that can lead to overproduction, then breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MeowMix718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm using a brand called 'Nature's Bounty' 1000mg and taking 3/day (as recommended on bottle) and I am loving the results! I also take 'Life Fitness - Hair Skin and Nails supplement' (see my reviews- it's fantastic!). I find this stuff is perfect for drier air and during the winter time (I dont use during summer because I'm oily enough then lol) My tiny little fine lines around my nose VANISH! I've used some of the most expensive skin creams known to man (including La Mer, Sothys etc) and nothing can compare to taking supplements- it comes from within- can't beat it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: I've noticed that I bruise very easily since taking these. Changing score to 2!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by BeachGirl623

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Omega 3 is wonderful! In the past few months, my skin has been breaking out badly and my hair has been breaking very easily with split ends (which I have never had a problem with in the past). I started using the Omega 3 fatty acids (the odorless kind... which is amazing) from Trader Joe's a few weeks ago and have seen a great improvement. I'm not sure that this has really helped by skin that much, but my hair is shinier and much stronger. My nails are also very strong and have grown faster than I've ever noticed before. I wasn't really looking to improve my nails, but hey, why not? However, I do wish it had helped my skin clear up, but I'm sure it has different result on every person, so what didn't work for me, may just work for some one else.