July 31, 2014 | 1463 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Sturgmom

I really like the coverage of this foundation. I need medium to full without looking Carey and this foundation fits the bill. It also keeps my combination, acne-prone skin less oily and I have fewer blemishes. It dries on the skin VERY quickly so you have to blend quickly when applying. The only reason I wouldn't rebuy this product is bc even the lightest shade is too dark for my skin. Bummer, bc I really like this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by definelove

For all you oily gals out there with old acne scars, this is going to be your best friend. This is definitely a full coverage foundation, and what I like is that I don't need to apply a lot of it to get that full coverage look. It never looks cakey whatsoever, and does a fantastic job at controlling my oily t-zone area. For optimal results, I highly recommend using a brush like the Sigma F80, or the other angled one that comes with the F80 Sigmo trio (I forget the number).

It'd be nice if the foundation came with a pump of some sort, but I don't mind squeezing it out of the bottle as well. One bottle lasts a long time. I don't use foundation daily, but I suspect that everyday use would probably give you a solid year's worth of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by makemyday01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The compliments I receive when I wear this product aren't "your makeup is so beautiful", but "your skin is so beautiful". It barely looks like I'm wearing anything at all and I'm a Bare Minerals girl, and my acne scarred skin is fully covered. I have oily, acne prone skin and this foundation works like a charm and last all day with a primer. I'm addicted.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sammm27

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST FOUNDATIONS I HAVE EVER TRIED! I have oily skin and this literally lasts me all day, and I hardly ever have to touch it up! The only problem I have is that the color selection does not work for me:( I have to blend foundations to get the perfect color but I love everything else about this foundation so it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MissBotch

Best foundation I have found for my acne-prone combination skin! It keeps my face matte for hours and I don't need primer or finishing powder. This will always be my go to if I ever have those full coverage days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I specifically did not go looking for a matte finish foundation because I wanted light to medium natural/glowy coverage. However, I had a really hard time finding a color match (very pale and neutral), plus I can't use any foundations with chemical sunscreen, so I got to the point where I was really desperate to try something, anything that might be light enough for me, and 15 Alabaster is probably the overall lightest shade that MUFE makes.

The first time I tried it on, all my doubts were confirmed: every dry patch on my face sprang out into chalky relief and I could feel the foundation sucking every last droplet of moisture out of my skin. It was a fabulous color match but I couldn't wait to wash it off.

It was when I was putting on my very heavy, sticky, oily Vanicream sunscreen that my eye fell on the Mat Velvet+ sample jar and inspiration hit. I dotted Mat Velvet+ over the sunscreen and blended it with a Beauty Blender dupe and I was blown away. Medium coverage, natural to dewy finish, great color match, my skin looked amazing, and it took the curse off the greasy finish of the Vanicream and stuck around all day!

Long story short (too late) I bought a tube and am still thrilled to death. An extra plus is how long a tube will last since I dot it on sheerly. If you're having a hard time finding a pale foundation give this a try, even if you don't want matte full coverage. Try sheering it out with moisturizer or primer, or wearing it over very rich moisturizer. You might be surprised. (UPDATE: I have also been wearing this mixed one part MV+ to two parts L'Oreal Magic Lumi Illuminating Primer, over lighter and less-greasy sunscreen. I like it very much.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Violet999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is nice still not doing what it supposed to do. I havent noticed much 'Matt' finish after wearing this for couple of hours. I tried it with or without a primer. Plus its Overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by HannahBlock21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this foundation. I have tried many, many different foundations and this one is definitely in my top favorites. Makes my skin matte without drying it out, and it lasts pretty long (not all day though). This is one of the few foundations which matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm in love!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is okay. I love it for the shade range because I have a hard time finding foundation that matches my undertones. But just so you know.. it's not matte. At least on me, am I doing something wrong? No matter what I put underneath or on top, I definitely have a 'glow' (ahem, shine. And I'm not oily!) from the moment it's applied. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it's certainly not marketed that way. But it's light while with good coverage, and I like the shade range. I'm on my second bottle. A little goes a long way which helps offset the cost. I'm currently using the Tarte BB cream instead of foundation and loving it, but I'll keep this around and I may repurchase when I run out again. The longwearing matte foundation by which I will forever judge all others is Revlon Colorstay, and I took off two lippies because this leaves something to be desired both in finish and wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by avastmaryy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I take back everything I previously said about this product. I loathe it and I am returning it immediately. It was cakey and flakey and after a few hours I was shiny and my skin was feeling greasy. Upon closer inspection, the foundation had started to separate. It was AWFUL.