Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 10/12/2014 8:09:00 PM

New staple!

I tried this out of curiosity due to good reviews here and elsewhere. I was skeptical because I've tried aerosol dry shampoos from other brands and was unimpressed. I was also concerned that the alcohol would dry out my hair too much and the fragrance would be overpowering. I have been happiest with non-aerosol dry shampoos from 'natural' brands like Acure, which use essential oils to scent the products.

I'm glad to report that my skepticism was unwarranted. This stuff is great! I wash my (dark, normal, straight-ish, healthy) hair every other day (about 2-3 times per week) and this keeps my second-day hair looking and feeling good. It doesn't leave a powdery residue or a dirty feeling. My hair looks and behaves like it's been freshly washed. I'm starting to realize that it actually looks better on the second day due to this stuff. It keeps the roots fresh and volumized, but the length tends to lie more nicely on the second day.

I haven't noticed any dryness in my scalp or hair. No irritation or build-up either.

I've tried the original and Blush scents and liked both. The latter in particular is very pretty and feminine. They are also subtly present all day, but not at all strong as I'd feared.

I just wish this stuff were a little cheaper. I go through a can pretty quickly.

on 10/12/2014 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have the dark brown one and it saves my life like all the time.I often realise that my hair is greasy about 10 min before I have to leave a house and go somewhere. Amazing product for those days you do not have time to wash your hair.

on 10/5/2014 12:41:00 AM

I got a three pack of minis that I use for travel. One of the scents is Mamba, which I do not really enjoy, but it does the job. I find that the mini cans distribute the product more evenly than the larger cans. This does not completely eliminate grease in my hair, but it make the hair much more manageable. I will repurchase the mini-cans when I run out.

on 10/1/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Never clogged on me but is very white on my hair. Really didn't do any better than any other dry shampoo I have. The cherry scent got a bit much. Kind of like cheap cherry candy and I'm not a fan of cherry in the first place. I'll hold out for their kumquat scent. Not really, they're not doing kumquat.

on 9/30/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this stuff and don't know what I'd do without it. First off, I have used soooo many dry shampoos from really cheap drugstore to high end brands. Batiste is by far the best. I've only used the blush-scented one, and it works amazingly. The smell is subtle, and it doesn't leave a residue in your hair. I shake the can and spray throughout my hair, let it sit for a couple minutes, then massage it into my scalp. It not only de-greases your hair, but gives it a lot of body and volume and it smells fantastic! Beause of this stuff, I have been able to go for a week in between washes, and my hair still looks great. FYI, I have mixed, fine yet thick hair that is very curly. I have white and black friends who both this product and love it.

on 9/29/2014 7:53:00 AM

I just can't get enough of these. I am a nighttime showerer so a lot of days my hair needs a little pick me up in the morning. Batiste not only make my hair at the scalp fluffy and perfect it also makes me smile because the bottles are so cute and they smell good. I currently have blush, cherry, and wild. I have bough cherry and blush like 5 or 6 times each. Wild is new to me. It might be my favorite flavor yet. I also really want to try the paisley one. My hair is wavy, waist length and chestnut brown in color. My scalp get oily easily but I don't want to be washing it muliple times a day since its long. I shower at night after my workout and I don't want to shower again in the am so I use Batiste if my head gets greasy while sleeping.

on 9/27/2014 1:18:00 AM

Not so good experience with this. I have the original scent and have used it a handful of times. I hate the scent. I find it overpowering and it makes me feel self-conscious, like it must be obvious to everyone else in the world that I've used a dry shampoo today.

Not only this, but it doesn't even work very well for me. Sure it appears to work at the time of application, but my hair feels greasy and dirty again only hours after using it. The powder residue also sticks to my scalp, making it feel itchy and making me scratch and scrape at it all day long, no doubt taking plenty of skin with it (grosssss). I just can't wait to get in the shower after a day of having this stuff in my hair.

on 9/17/2014 7:01:00 PM

Absolutely the best dry shampoo!!!

on 9/15/2014 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the worst dry shampoo I have brought. it left my hair really greasy and clammy. It also made my scalp really itch and had to wash it that night.

on 9/11/2014 12:23:00 AM

This is my HG of dry shampoos. For years I would use baby powder to take out the oil but it was messy. Last year my hair dresser told me that even though I have very oily hair I needy to stop washing it everyday and dry shampoo it every other day. I took his advice since I have long, blonde, thin to normal, oily hair. I tried 6 different dry shampoos ranging from drug store cheap ones, to moderate price ones (like batiste), to finally salon ones and nothig was working. My hair would either still be greasy or it would get greasy a few hours later.
I about gave up until I read reviews on here and gave it a try. It really does keep my hair clean all day long the day after I take a shower. I spray it on in the morning and leave it on my hair for 5 minutes then brush it out and I have beautiful hair the rest of the day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials