Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/9/2009 5:57:00 PM

Not a great primer, in my opinion. There are much better ones out there. I bought a full sized tube, and am actually debating returning it. It doesn't wear well, doesn't really set makeup all that well... it's basically an extra step in the morning that doesn't do much. I will not repurchase.

I would only recommend using this alone - if you use with make-up you run the risk of it caking, and not applying smoothly if it is oil-free. It is great for weekends where you don't want to get all your make-up on as it does even out your skin as long as you don't need coverage.

on 7/3/2009 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This makes makeup application smooth and flawles. It feels light on the skin and doesn't have a weird smell.

BUT...

After 3 wears it made my face breakout like crazy... and I hardly ever breakout.

Never again...

on 6/22/2009 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff!! It makes my skin velvet soft and really evens it out. I collected four samples of it and, low and behold, that equals one BIG one. So i basically got one for free!! I guess the only problem I would have with it is that it takes quite a few minutes to completely dry and have an effect and when I need to apply more makeup on a busy morning, that gets annoying. But I still love it and I still give it five lippies!!

on 5/31/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im always on the search for the perfect primer. I have slightly oily clear skin. My main concerns with a primer are that it controls oil and minimizes pores. I found this to a good job at both and therefor consider this to be one of the better primers I've tried. I think I still prefer Cliniques over this though (for pore minimizing). This beats out YSL Top secret (greasy mess), Armani, smashbox, and Clarins (greasy mess). Ive worn this under Chanel TI fluid foundation, Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation, SKII airtouche, and Sisley Oil-free foundation and have never had a problem with balling up like some other reviewers (except once when I applied a quarter size amount to my face haha). I apply a pea size amount and wait 2 minutes before applying. My foundation goes on smoothly, oil is controlled, and pores are smoothed. I wont repurchase this simply because I am looking for something that make my pores disappear haha. I ordered the CdP primer so we'll see how that does. If it sucks like many of the others than back to my bottle of this as Im currently out of the clinique. All and all this is a very good primer, just not HG.
edit 10/25/2009: I prefer CDP smoothing base for pores. Its great at mattifying and minimizing pores almost giving the perfect soft focus look. But I would not reccommend CDP it to those with dry skin-it will be too drying. Im waiting on LP gold illusion primer in the mail so we'll see how that goes...

on 5/20/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I got this in a Philosophy Try Me kit from QVC. It is really thick so I was skeptical it would clog the pores of my oily acne-prone skin. Well, I could not believe how wonderful my mineral makeup went on. You have to let it set for the full 2 mins or you won't like what happens. Even more exciting was how well it absorbed the excess oil throughout the day. I looked "almost" matte all day! With my oily skin, I apply my acne treatment but no moisturizer underneath this product especially in the summer months. It also has acne-fighting ingredients too! Will buy again!

on 5/3/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. It allowed me to eliminate the use of foundations all together. Now I can go virtually natural in intensely heated summers with out feeling my makeup melting.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really don't like this, I guess its ok on its own for oil control but when you go to apply foundation over the top it all goes wrong. It dries up and you can see the makeup on your face, not a good look! Won't be repurchasing this.

on 4/23/2009 7:59:00 PM

I got this product as a sample from the Philosophy counter at Nordstrom's. I have pretty oily skin, so I was fairly skeptical of needing a moisturizer/primer, but I wear mineral makeup, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Omg. I love this stuff! I applied it and it evened out a lot of my redness (I have rosacea ) before I even put makeup on. My Bare Minerals went on sooo smoothly on top of The Present and I didn't have to use as much as I usually do to get full coverage.

I will be buying a full size.

I received a sample of this product from mecca and was really excited to try it as I have been a fan of philosophy bath products. Unfortunately it was a complete disappointment. I left it on for two minutes after applying moisturiser (even though i know you shoulnd't have to) and followed it up with foundation. It completely dried out my skin. I have normal skin but this completely dried out my skin around my nose and on my cheekbones. After putting foundation and powder on it looked so flaky and gross that i had to remove it and start over. Didn't notice any of the smoothness it was supposed to give either. Perhaps it would be good for someone with oily skin as it probably has potent oil control properties but for anyone with normal to dry skin give this a miss.