November 27, 2014 | 1279 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a Philosophy Try Me kit from QVC. It is really thick so I was skeptical it would clog the pores of my oily acne-prone skin. Well, I could not believe how wonderful my mineral makeup went on. You have to let it set for the full 2 mins or you won't like what happens. Even more exciting was how well it absorbed the excess oil throughout the day. I looked "almost" matte all day! With my oily skin, I apply my acne treatment but no moisturizer underneath this product especially in the summer months. It also has acne-fighting ingredients too! Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Charnel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It allowed me to eliminate the use of foundations all together. Now I can go virtually natural in intensely heated summers with out feeling my makeup melting.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Cosmetalogical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really don't like this, I guess its ok on its own for oil control but when you go to apply foundation over the top it all goes wrong. It dries up and you can see the makeup on your face, not a good look! Won't be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Gothcake

I got this product as a sample from the Philosophy counter at Nordstrom's. I have pretty oily skin, so I was fairly skeptical of needing a moisturizer/primer, but I wear mineral makeup, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Omg. I love this stuff! I applied it and it evened out a lot of my redness (I have rosacea ) before I even put makeup on. My Bare Minerals went on sooo smoothly on top of The Present and I didn't have to use as much as I usually do to get full coverage.

I will be buying a full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by callmehoneybun

I received a sample of this product from mecca and was really excited to try it as I have been a fan of philosophy bath products. Unfortunately it was a complete disappointment. I left it on for two minutes after applying moisturiser (even though i know you shoulnd't have to) and followed it up with foundation. It completely dried out my skin. I have normal skin but this completely dried out my skin around my nose and on my cheekbones. After putting foundation and powder on it looked so flaky and gross that i had to remove it and start over. Didn't notice any of the smoothness it was supposed to give either. Perhaps it would be good for someone with oily skin as it probably has potent oil control properties but for anyone with normal to dry skin give this a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by roxybritain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because on the package, it said it could be used alone as a moisturizer, or over moisturizer as a primer.

I first tried it on its own (no moisturizer, no makeup) while I was at Sephora, and my skin felt really nice, so I purchased it.

Then for a couple of days I tried it without a moisturizer, but with (powder) makeup on top of it - yuck. I had to put my moisturizer on anyway to make my face look like it wasn't flaking off.

But over my moisturizer (and yes, it feels thick), my skin looked just AWESOME.

So, did it work? Sure. But would I buy it again? I don't know. I've got a sample of Smashbox Photo Finish Light that I'm trying out and (obviously) my skin doesn't feel so heavy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I do like this a lot, though it can be confusing as to its purpose...I'd say if anything it's a primer/moisturizer...thicker than other primers I use so I wouldn't use a lot of it. I actually like the smell, though I can see why some may not...and it really does smooth out my skin before putting makeup on. I like the thicker consistency, my skin feels more moisturized..I also like how it has stuff in it to calm my skin, or so they say. Once again, these things aren't meant to conceal, so you still need all that. I think it's a matter of preference with this one, but I do like it! I also love it in the winter- you don't need to moisturize first!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only primer that works for me. It really hold my makeup in place. A little bit goes a long way and the tube lasts for a really long time. Plus, the primer has a lysozyme in it to keep skin clear and smooth.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I also had a sample size of this. First thing I do not like is the smell of lavendel. I can tolerate lavender in foot cream but not in something I put on my face skin. Also I really think it was hard to blend and it kind of peeling off when I tried to spread my foundation on. This has happened to me before with some other products also, like with Estee Lauder Idealist. I did allow it to dry even more than 2 minutes. I also felt slight uncofort maybe irritation of the product right after I put it on. I feel my face looked nicer without this product so I would not recommend this product at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ali23507

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I came across a sample of this today, and thought I would try it. Clear make-up? Well, why not? It BURNS my skin! My face feels like I have a mild sunburn. No one has seen me yet today wearing this, so the jury is still out on how it looks (I can never tell myself), but I hate it already. It is going to have to turn me into Angelina before I spend money on this, though.